Skinny guy

Not like this.

Then, I met Jonghyun.

My grandfather decided he needed something to boast about to his friends so he took the opportunity when I had a scholarship for my excellence in literature to send me to a private all-boy's school. I think the school was called Shinhwa High or something, for the supposed "elites". Might as well make the best of it I suppose... Jonghyun was my ex- schoolmate from elementary school, he was one of the most popular guys, he had sharp features, a muscular build and whenever he talked, people laughed. Many girls drooled over him but the rumor was that he did not have a steady girlfriend. He and I shared one conversation which lasted for less than three minutes. we had never been in the same class.

One day when we were in grade 9, Jonghyun got called up to the stage to share a joke and if it made everyone laugh, he would receive a prize, he stood on the stage and thought for awhile before saying "There was once..." I wasn't listening to him, I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts. When he finished his joke, there was a silence and suddenly everyone burst into laugher, my whole class laughed like mad people, even the teachers laughed out loud. I was unable to fathom what kind of joke could set everyone laughing so insanely. When the laugher subsided, the teacher wanted to hand Jonghyun a prize but he denied it.

"Someone didn't laugh," and he pointed in my direction.

"That guy didn't laugh." I glanced around hoping he wasn't referring to me.

"The one with big round spectacles and blond hair."

"You mean the skinny one?"

"Yes, that's the one, he never laughs." I clenched my fists, how could he be so petty.

"Kibum, you didn't laugh?" I kept quiet, having my name announced in front of the whole school didn't feel good.

"Kibum, can you wake up from your thoughts and laugh at my joke?" Jonghyun had said and some people giggled, "I beg you." my classmates urged me to stand up.

Feeling the peer pressure, I had no choice but to stand up and mutter a sarcastic "Ha. Ha. Ha." and sat down burying my head into my hands.

After school, he came forward to me and apologized. "Hey Kibum, I'm sorry about just now. I was trying to be funny. I hope you're not offended?"

I shook my head.

"Kim Jonghyun." he introduced himself.

"I know, the famous and arrogant Kim Jonghyun." I had not expected myself to say such a thing.  "Kim Kibum. Key."

"I never expected myself to be arrogant but famous? I agree!" he smiled.

"Are you always so introvert and... unfriendly?"

"I never expected myself to be unfriendly, Jonghyun." and I walked away not wanting to hear anymore of what he had to say.

And now, he was in the same high-school as me, oh what luck I had. He was everywhere and I had tried all means to avoid him but failed.

"Hey Kibum! We're going to be schoolmates for the next few years as well!"

"It's Key and... Yeah."

"What class are you in?"

"01A02"

"Oh gosh! We're in the same class then! Can you believe it! Jonghyun and Key in the same class! How cool is that!" He had offered to sit beside me in class and I had no reason to reject him so I kept quiet.

On the first day of school, the principal had told us about the whole school and that these few days we would be getting to know the school and classmates a little more.

"It's going to be fun! I've a senior in this school who says it's going to be very exciting!" Jonghyun whispered to me, "you're going to enjoy it here! There's more freedom, school work is called tutorial, the teachers are..."

"Sorry Jonghyun, would you please just shut up?" He laughed it off and went to talk to other people, not offended the slightest bit. I headed to the toilet to wash off my tears. I had just told Jonghyun to shut up. I had just scolded him. I had just cursed Jonghyun. What the hell have I done...

The first game with our classmates was to recognize voices, a curtain partitioned half the class, we had to guess the name of the person. I was chosen to say something. "Say something! A joke or whatever!" the seniors urged me and so I just muttered "Ha. Ha. Ha." almost instantly, I heard Jonghyun's voice on the other side. "It's Kibum! Key! That skinny guy!"

Ah, that damned bastard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's like a two in one xD Now to work on chapter threeeeee!!! Wheeeee....