Chapter 4

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been another few weeks from when she woke up from her long sleep. Never once did Changmin leave Min Hee’s side and he stayed at the hospital as if it was his second home. As she was slowly recovering, she often took little walks outside the room and she can see lots of people with identical black suits at every corner. She wondered if all these people are connected to the man who claims himself as her husband or if the hospital just wished to provide their patients with an extreme measure of security. What amused her more is that the whole floor was emptied. There were many ward rooms and a few doctors’ private stations, but all of them were empty except for Dr. Lee’s office. She wanted to travel further but her wish was firmly and politely declined by the men in black suits stationed at the elevators and emergency stairs. Thus, she had no choice but to return to her waiting husband back in her room.

She had always intended to ask what Changmin did for a living, but she thought the question was a bit rude so she just left it unanswered and continued to make assumptions based on his daily activities. After all, Changmin rarely leaves the room and he always sat at the sofa either talking to his mobile or is engulfed in his notebook. She could guess that this man did not work for another and people are easily scared of him even if they’ve known him for a long time. Sometimes it scared her when the thought of this man being the bad guy occurred. If he’s dangerous, maybe it’ll be better if she stayed away.

Furthermore, she often wondered what Min Hee was like before she lost her memory. Did she love him back? Did she know what he did to support his family financially? Was she content of her life with him? Only God knows how eager she was to revisit her so-called new home in Seoul. Perhaps she’ll be able to relocate the missing puzzles of her memory and have answers to those questions. And perhaps she’ll find a solid proof that Shim Changmin is indeed her lawful wedded husband.

“Are you ready?” a deep voice called out, cutting her day dreams and wild thoughts short. She glanced upwards to meet the soft eyes of Changmin. She looked over at the end of the bed to find her bags missing. “I had SongSun bring it to the car,” Changmin spoke as he followed her gaze. “They’re waiting for us.”

Min Hee nodded nervously as she took the hand offered by him. Her toes reached for the carpeted floors as she lifted herself from the side of the bed with the help of Changmin’s strong support. She couldn’t remember how long she sat there and how much ridiculous conclusions she had come up with.

She had to admit, she was also scared to go home.

The moment both of them were out on the corridor, a group of several suited men was already waiting for them. They quickly bowed in respect at her and Changmin. The corners were now empty and there were regular citizens on the floor at last. Min Hee felt awkward and held tight to Changmin’s hands, as he had instructed her late last night. She couldn’t understand at all the need of being escorted to the Ground floor and having all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter