Chapter 14

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It was nearly noon and Min Hee was still lying in bed thinking of what she had talked about with InKyung during breakfast. So far, all she knew about Shim Changmin was that he is unconditionally over-protective, has lots of unknown enemies around him and was once a bad guy which has now turned towards the good side. That is, if ‘Not anymore…’ meant that way.


Either ways, Min Hee wasn’t sure if she was ready to fully accept the existence of this man in her life as how they said it should be: a husband. Even after InKyung confesses that Changmin has changed, the fact that he was once the bad guy didn’t help to assure her safety at all. Seeing that he still have enemies who might be seeking revenge after him, it could be a great threat to her and her baby. And it wouldn’t be a surprise if Changmin suddenly decided to return to the dark side somehow, who knows? Besides, she has been holding on to the mysterious images of a man who looked an awfully lot like Changmin beating her up to pulps. If her eyes weren’t deceiving her, then why would Changmin hit the women he claimed to love so dearly?

But no matter whom the father once was and what he has done, Min Hee will always cherish the existence of the miracle growing inside her womb. She has vowed to take care of it until the day it will finally see the world and also the days after that, until it has finally grown up to become a great asset to the society. That is all she wished to be able to do as of now, despite the hole inside her memory and the uncertainty of her connections to Shim Changmin.

Min Hee let out a sigh and diverted her gaze towards the door. She can’t deny the boredom she’s feeling for sitting at one place for hours. Maybe she should take a walk around the house. Even though it is a very big house and she might get lost sooner or later, she suddenly felt the urge to find something that could trigger any of her hiding memories. If she has indeed lived in the house for years, for sure there would be a lot of things she needed reminding of. She needed to find those clues.

And with that, she got out of bed and left the bed-covers crumpled. She made way towards the door and scanned the hallway before stepping out of the room and closed the door quietly behind her. It wasn’t necessary for her to tip-toe around the house like a thief considering that the house was sort of half-hers and the floors were carpeted through the middle, but she can’t help from being cautious from bumping into InKyung. She wanted to tour the house alone. She needed to find the missing pieces on her own and InKyung will only get in the way.

“Excuse me,” Min Hee turned towards one of the maids who were diligently dusting the paintings along the walls just outside the bedroom.

“Yes, Milady?”

“Have you seen InKyung?”

“Lady InKyung? She’s taking her usual afternoon nap in her room, if I’m not mistaken. Can I do anything for you?” asked the sweet girl, not more than 20 years of age.

“Um, if she asks for me, tell her I’ll be somewhere around the house and please don’t come and find me.”

“I will do just that, Milady.” The girl bowed.

Min Hee gave the girl a simple smile and walked away, leaving the girl to continue her chores.

She made her way towards the main marble stairs and descended towards the living room 15 feet below. The view of what she saw when she first arrived a few days ago met her hazel eyes once again. Nothing changed at all, except perhaps, the area is much cleaner now. Not that it was anything close to dusty back then, but everything sparkled even more today. Maybe the maids have been working extra hours. Or maybe, it’s simply because she has started to accept this place as her home.

Min Hee walked in between the set of sofas slowly, extending her arms side-ways to touch its leather by the tip of her fingers, savouring the softness yet firmness of w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter