Chapter 11

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was way past midnight when Changmin arrived at his residence, half-covered in blood and bruises. Everything was finally settled when the arrogant men kneeled down in front of him at last, begging for reconsideration upon his rude manners. Changmin wasn’t the stone hearted man anymore and he gladly granted the man a second chance.

Not a single man walked out of the room unscratched. Though, nobody died, but some did pass out and broken a few bones. Changmin was glad the meeting at the warehouse wasn’t carried out when clearly it was a mistake. He could be sure many would die of severe gunshots otherwise. And he could’ve been one of that many. Only when situation has turned completely severe will Changmin set up a meeting at the warehouse, a place where their opponents should expect death. And everyone already knew that, except for that new boy he was pissed at.

Changmin slowly made his way towards his bedroom to clean up, totally forgetting that he might disturb the sleeping Min Hee in the middle of the night. He pushed the door open slowly and went straight towards the bathroom without switching on any lights, acting like it was one of his usual routines.

“Who’s that?” a female voice suddenly shot through his ears, making him freeze on the spot.

“Oh .” He breathed.

There was a click sound and the bed lamp shone dimly across the room, partly exposing his figure to the sleepy girl sitting on the bed who was clutching one end of the bed covers close to her chest.

“C-changmin… sshi?” her voice was hesitant as her sleepy eyes were trying hard to focus. Slowly, her grip on the fabric loosened and she began to get out of bed. He wasn’t sure if she was getting ready to run away or if she was being curious and wanted to have a closer look. But for whatever happens, he must not let her see the blood on him. Even though it wasn’t his blood, he didn’t want to risk being the cause of Min Hee’s nightmare. The formal tone she just used was enough to tear his heart apart. He couldn’t bare seeing Min Hee running away from him next.

“I… I was just on my way getting my spare razor blade in the bathroom,” Changmin lied.

“At 3 in the morning?”

Min Hee was getting even closer to him by the minute. He was grateful that the light was highly dimmed, but any closer and Min Hee would see what he didn’t want her to see.

“Stop!” Changmin held up one of his cleaner hands in front of him desperately, making Min Hee stopped in her tracks. “You should just go back to bed. I’ll be quick,” he insisted.

The girl seemed puzzled, but she obeyed nonetheless. After all, that man standing in front of her was the father of the baby she was carrying. Out of all the men in the world, even as unsecure as she felt, she knew she should trust this man. At least until she finds a solid reason not to.

A sigh left Changmin’s lips as he witnessed Min Hee getting herself tucked safely under the bed covers once again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter