Chapter 21

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Onnie, you need to eat something. It’s not good for the baby if you keep on shutting yourself in there and refuse to let us give you something to eat.”

Min Hee was then seated on the sofa, curling herself into a ball and staring deep into the carpet. She kept herself in silence as she digested all the words that were spoken to her from the other side of the wall. She didn’t feel the need to respond.

She couldn’t possibly let all these people get near to her, right? After killing her father, it is not impossible that they might be after her next. And all the good deeds that they have been showing since she woke up at the hospital must’ve been a scheme to get on her good side before slowly killing her inside and out. It is, in fact, what mafia clans were known to do best at.

“I know that your stomach is growling badly, Onnie. Stop being so stubborn and open this door. I won’t do anything to you. I just want you to eat while I explain to you some things. You need to hear it.”

Yeah, right…

But Min Hee was in fact very hungry. If only she had the bravery to expose herself to her family’s enemy just to have another meal. Or if only she could figure out how to escape from this highly guarded place, she could hunt for food herself. Her left hand crawled towards her stomach and she caressed it slowly.

“You’re giving me no choice, Onnie. I’m going to use the spare key now if you won’t open this door soon,” InKyung threatened. The sound of juggling keys echoed through the walls.

Upon those words, Min Hee’s eyes immediately bulged as all her blood seemed to have drained out of her body.

“No…” she whispered unknowingly. “No, no. Leave me alone. I’ve had enough. Leave me alone.”

With both her arms covering her head, she chanted those words as she rocked herself back and forth on the sofa. Her body started to tremble as her conscience were starting to fail her. She felt as if a lifetime of fear had suddenly come back to her and she was all alone to fight on her own.

And within seconds, she could see straps of unknown memories flying across her mind.

She saw a man.

Holding her hands tight…
Shielding her…

She thought the man looked an awful lot like Shim Changmin.

But as soon as the image came, it was gone again, leaving Min Hee as clueless and terrified as before. The trauma from her past had no trouble at getting back to her...

“Onnie, I don’t mean to go against your wishes. But oppa will kill me if he knows you--”

“LEAVE ME ALONE!!”

And before anyone could utter another word, Min Hee stood up from the sofa and dashed towards the balcony out of reflex.

“ONNIE!!”

With the bedroom door now stood ajar, InKyung could only witness her sister-in-law who was now at the edge of the balcony, calculating if she should jump a good 15 feet to land on the rock-hard terrace below.

This couldn’t possibly be happening…

Min Hee stared at the ground below as she could feel how hard her heart was beating. Inside her mind, all she could think of is how to escape. She no longer cared about other things including her life and the life inside her. She already had her left feet ready to step forward when an invisible flash crossed her mind again.


*FLASH*

“Why are you doing this? Why aren’t yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter