Chapter 2

I Fell in Love With My Best Friend... Will He Love Me Back?

Flashback - Third Year High School

 

 

 

"Keep going, keep going. You guys can do it, just push yourself." The deep voice boomed throughout the entire hall, earning an irritated groan from each of us here. "COACH! OH MY GOD YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!" One guy yelled, making all of us stare angrily at him. "Don't make him add another set of handstands, you moron! This is painful enough!" I grumbled, feeling my hands shake. Eventually, I lost my strength and dropped to the floor, hearing gasps from everyone, including Eunhyuk, my gym partner. Here in school, your gym partner is the one that helps you with gymnastics and conditioning. He just helped me earn a painful arm that'll probably last for a week. 

 

 

"Alright guys, down." Our coach said, all the people standing up and holding their partners' legs let go and stood back, while their partners immediately put their legs down. I, however, still had another 30 seconds to deal with. "You two, do it in the corner." The big man said, pointing to the wall that me and Eunhyuk --- or Hyukkie, as Donghae and I call him --- were supposed to practice on. "Hyukjae, come back. You, Donghae, take his place and help Youngchan." He called Eunhyuk back, and motioned Donghae to start grabbing my legs. As he got close to me, he gave me a reassuring smile and a of his fingers along my chin; this being his way of saying, "Don't worry, you can do this. I got your back." Ah, one of the best things I always get from him. Another one would be the shoulder grab/hug whenever we see each other. OH! The head noogie too! Man, and he says he hates skinship. Talk about ironic. But hey, he's my fish hunk, and that's what I love about him. He just doesn't know yet. ;P mehrong~

 

 

(I'm too scared to tell him though. Maybe I'll tell him next week. Nah... a few years would be good.)

 

 

The time came to start practicing our stunts, meaning cartwheels and, for Donghae, backflips. Oh my God, you should see him do a round-off followed by a backflip; it's sooo y. Especially when he's wearing a loose jersey. Mm. Wha... What did I just say? A-Anyway, as he started demonstrating the round-off, I spoke to Eunhyuk and asked, "Hyukkie, don't you think Donghae looks so ho... uh, awesome whenever he does those stunts?" He responded with a sly grin and gave me a pat on the back. "Hey, I'm the one who thinks he looks amazing. You're the one who easily turns red at the thought of it, and maybe, there would also be another thing angry and red down below..." My mouth opened and I stepped away from him, cautiously feeling my face. , he was right about me turning red easily, and at the thought of Donghae. "You dirty ! You read AND watch too much !" I yelled, making the boy laugh. "Yep, that, I do. And of course he's awesome at doing stunts! He's always been like that!" At the end of his statement, I rolled my eyes, making him laugh; again. 

 

 

"Hey, you're up next." Despite the jokester attitude before, Eunhyuk told me to start a hurdle cartwheel, right beside the man he said would not only make me red, but would also make something down below red. Angry and red. Hngh... you think he's right? Well, I'd rather not talk about it now. I don't wanna fall again because of Eunhyuk.  

 

 

As I jumped the same time Donghae did, and I managed to do the entire thing better than my handstand. However, as Donghae made his landing, he leaned back and fell on me. That's right, fell! Tsk, sneaky bastard. "WHAT'S GOING ON, YOU TWO?!" Our coach yelled, making everyone else quiet, and deep in thought. But hey, I liked our position. Him being on top, me at the bottom, and... oh God. *gulp* "Uh... D-Donghae? Can you... uhm..." 

 

 

I couldn't speak. And it looks like he couldn't either.

 

 

"Yeah, s-sorry, uh... Y-Youngchan..." Our faces were so close to each other, it was as if we were about to kiss! L-Luckily, we didn't. 

 

 

(Aww. D:) 

 

 

As he quickly rolled off of me, I did the same action and got up as well. Eunhyuk walked to Donghae, gave him a handshake and his signature gummy smile. He then walked to me and did the same thing. What the hell? "Smooth move, Channie." He whispered, jokingly punching me in the shoulders. "H-Hey, it was h-his fault! Sneaky klutz." I pouted, hearing another boisterous laugh from Hyukkie the Monkey Boy, one of my proud Amigos. I'm actually surprised we still made it together after all these years. 

 

 

And there the other one was, a bright pink flush across his face, smiling at me and flashing a peace sign, as if it were his way of apologizing. So adorable! (/^_^)/ I... I was also blushing. Except my face was... red. BAARRGH! > 3 <

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

---

 

 

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Oh, and the gymnastics thing? Yeah, I do that in real life. And boy, it reeeaaalllyyyy works the body out, and really tires you. At least you get great rewards in the morning; a strained neck, painful limbs, numb fingers, toes, and an image of a hot guy demonstrating y dances for the entire team! OH YEAH! But sadly, it isn't Donghae. :( if only it were him... but then I'd probably get kicked out of the team for multiple reasons: not paying attention, staring, spazzing, and making erted jokes and/or statements, etc. Haha. /shot