Chapter 3

I Fell in Love With My Best Friend... Will He Love Me Back?

Present Day 


It's almost 4 o'clock. Where is he?


Hnn, I'm having a bad feeling about this... What if he doesn't show up? But if he does show up, what will say? Will he be okay with it? Will he punch me in the face? Will he- "AH!" I felt a forceful grasp on my shoulders. "Heeey, Youngchannie! Whazzgoinoown~?" The said boy spoke to me with his usual trying-way-too-hard-sleazy-gangster accent. How cute~ "D-Donghae, um... yeah, so... you got my letter?" I asked him, playing with my clothes and avoiding eye contact with him; I SWEAR to Shisus, I have a reeeeaallly bad feeling about this.


But don't worry, Youngchan. He's your best friend, he'll accept you for who you are.   


"Yep, sure did. So, what did you want to talk to me about?" He responded, trying to look me in the eyes. I ended up doing so, feeling more relieved when he gave me a warm smile.


Le Romantic Sigh~


AH, I-I mean... "Y-You see, Donghae... When a guy and a girl like each other, they'd tell one another right away. A-And h-hopefully, it'll be the same thing for me." I breathed, my heartbeat slowly going faster. And faster. "So, what do you mean?" He cutely asked me, still a bit unknown to what I'm trying to explain. 


This is going to be harder than I thought it would be. (haha get it /shot)


"God, why is it so hard to talk to you?!" I complained, looking away and grabbing forcefully at my hair. "Chan-ah, you don't have to yell! Calm down first, and then you can tell me." He grasped my shoulders again. I shook myself out of his grip, and leaned in closer to his ear. As I embraced him, I whispered, "...I'm in love with you, Lee Donghae."


I backed away, prepared for the worst. But instead of an insult from him, and possibly, the entire school, he just... laughed? What the ?  No, seriously, what the ? I mean, it was better than what I expected, but... UGH.


"HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN BREATHE HAHAHAHHA" Donghae clutched his stomach and just continued his boisterous laughter, like everything else was just as funny as me. And I wasn't even tryung to be. "No! You aren't taking me seriously!" I raised my voice and shook him, trying to get some sense into him. "I really am, Donghae, I really am in love with you." I said sternly, breathing deeply because of the immense pressure I was feeling. "So? What else do you want to prove?" He chuckled with an arrogant tone, as if he really had no intention of trying to understand me.


What do I want to prove? I want to prove... that I... I...


Little did I know, things did not go the way I had planned in my head. Well, what would you expect from the kid who got humiliated in front of the ENTIRE SCHOOL? Not really entire; just most of them...


...including Donghae.


The boy I had a crush on all these years.

The one who helped me overcome my fears.

The one who protected me from those phony balony bullies.

The goofy dork I've always known to love.

The y fish whose body I've always envied, and the y fish who actually considers me attractive.

The one person who made me love myself for who I am, who helped my accept myself.

The boy I fell in love with.  My best friend, Lee Donghae. 

And he doesn't even love me back.




---




Wow. I just noticed the lack of cutesy emoticons in this chapter. Well, so much for drama + romcom... /shot/ I wanted this chapter to be a bit more serious, because of how Youngchan was trying to confess to Donghae. Then... the rejection. OMG OUCH. What do you think will happen? Why not press the 'next' button and read? I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was horrible and horribly short! :) (I also enjoy comments and constructive criticism, so, feel free!)