Chapter 1

I Fell in Love With My Best Friend... Will He Love Me Back?

Flashback - 5th Grade




Sitting in my usual spot in the corner, with a pen dragging itself across a piece of paper, a group of phonies blocked my view of my classmates, and when I looked up, they stepped on my paper, and started laughing at me. "HAHA! Look at this kid! He's so puny!" "Look at his stupid face!" "You sure this kid ain't a girl? He sure acts like one! HAHAHA!" I curled my legs up, feeling that they were the only things that could protect me from the bullies and the insults they continuously spat at me. That stuff wasn't true! I was pretty tall for a 5th grader, and my body's just naturally feminine... -_- As they continued hurling horrible things at me, I stood up and rolled my fist into a ball, ready to aim it at Wufan's face. Yeah, this goon's name is Wufan, but he goes by a stupid nickname; 'Kris.' Not really a manly bully name, but... yeah. He's a douchebag. "Ooh, look, the girly girl's going to punch me!" He shouted sarcastically, flailing his arms in the air as if he was imitating me. "That's it! THAT is IT!" I yelled, and before I could even punch him, someone grabbed my hand and stopped it. "Hey, Donghae-ah, let the girly kid stand up for himself... I mean, herself... *chuckle*" One of the phonies, Chanyeol, joked and earned a high five from Kris. "Yah, you two, cut some slack on this kid. He's not a girl, you know... And besides, Chanyeol might even be scrawnier than this kid." The other boy... Donghae, said with a straight voice, poking Chanyeol's stomach. "Yeah, sure, whatever. He'll probably get really fat by the time we all reach the sixth grade. BAHAHAHA!" Kris continued laughing, and walked away, his phony balony crew by his side. What a bunch of douchey s. 


"Hey, you... you okay?" That same boy got close to me, checking my face for any marks or... I don't know. Maybe he was just checking to see if I was hurt. Insulted? Sort of. And this guy's really cute... 


His eyes are so endearing...  His cheeks look really soft...  And his lips look so luscious... 


"Hey! HEY! Earth to artist!" He snapped me back to reality. , was I just daydreaming about a guy? Oh no... "Ah! I... uh, yeah, I'm okay..." I suddenly remembered his last statement. Artist? "What do you mean, 'artist'?" I looked at him weirdly, and he grabbed the piece of paper Kris and his phonies stepped on. "I mean, this. You're really good." He told me, holding the paper up and showing me as well. "Not really, I mean, I'm not that good, plus, the other guys ruined it..." "Who cares about them?" The boy asked carelessly and chuckled, throwing an arm around my shoulders. 


OH DEAR GOD. -spazz-  


"Hey, I'm Donghae, Lee Donghae, future hallyu superstar. You are...?" As the boy, ahm, Donghae, asked me for my name, I stuttered, unable to speak. He was super duper cute and super kind, how could I speak? "Uh, Youngch-chan. Song Youngchan, amateur artist." I squeaked with a smile, but luckily, he was able to understand. "So, Youngchan-ah, what do you wanna do now?" He walked me back to my desk and sat down on my table. "I, um..." And, as if on time, the lunch bell rang. All the other students ran out the door, causing a bit of a traffic jam as they headed for the cafeteria. "HEY! LEE DONGHAE! They're totally taking all the noodle dogs! We better hurry!" A shout of joy echoed down the corridor and made its way to the classroom. "Wait up, Eunhyuk!" Donghae laughed, grabbing my hand and running towards the other boy. "Wh-Where are we---WHAAA!" I was stopped as he dragged me all the way to the cafeteria, with the boy by his side. "Isn't it obvious? We're gonna get some grub! Right, Hyukkie?" "Right!" As the two spoke in unison, they continued running, myself included, until they reached the line for the noodle dog stand. Luckily, we were 5th in line. 


"So, who's paying? You, me, or the kid?" The boy asked, pointing at the three of us, one after the other. I gulped a bit, and I had a bit of a bad feeling in my stomach. "Not the kid! We should pay. He's the new found friend that's supposed to sit back and let us do stuff for him!" Donghae patted my back as he spoke, making a soft pink blush spread across my face. "Hey. Lee Hyukjae. Class clown, Donghae's partner in crime. Call me Eunhyuk. And you are...?" He moved close as he asked for my name, a pout on his face as if he was acting like an angry boss. Haha, funny guy. "Youngchan. Song Youngchan." I replied with a shy smile and an open hand, ready to accept his hand for a handshake, and for my somewhat friendliness, Donghae gave me another pat on the back. "COOL! There's three of us! We can totally be the Three Amigos!" Eunhyuk strangled my hand and shook it up and down. Must be a thing for him to be childishly violent. I didn't mind, it felt accepting. "So, noodle dog, fellow Amigo?" He asked with a Spanish accent, and traced his upper lip down to his chin, imitating the appearance of a mustache on his face, causing me and Donghae to laugh. As in legit LOLing.


I like this guy, Eunhyuk. He's really funny. ^^


But I think I like Donghae a lot more... 


As we were lined up at the counter, I took out my money and said, "three noodle dogs, please." Eunhyuk gave Donghae a light slap on the face and angrily mumbled, "I TOLD YOU WE WERE PAYING!" The other one replied just as angrily, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT GOT INTO HIM! AND BESIDES, I TOLD YOU THAT!" While they were continuing their hissy fit/cat fight, I thanked the cashier lady for handing me the noodle dogs, and stepped out of the line to look for a table. "Are we eating or what, mi amigos?" I told them with a slightly loud voice (since they were still arguing), holding up the food for them to see. They stopped their fight and looked at me with a puzzled face. I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled. "Three... Three Amigos! Yeah! YEAAAHHHH!!!" The two friends yelled loudly and stomped beside me, continuing their friendship stuff and whatnot. I was excited that I was a part of it! *happy sigh* "Three Amigos!" I victoriously chanted, throwing an arm up into the air, Donghae and Eunhyuk following a little after.




End of Flashback




---




So? Any comments, suggestions, violent reactions? :D OH! And I have a story about these noodle dogs. They're basically hotdogs/weiners coated with noodles, fried, and then dipped in ketchup or hot sauce. Found them in Universal Singapore; SO FREAKING DELICIOUS. ; A ; anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Be patient for the next ones to come! \(^_^)/