"True Love"

"True Love"

 

CHAPTER 6

GAIN 
 
I CARE A LOT
 
 
I arrived at the wedding place early in the morning. I came here a bit previous compared to others in order to check if the final preparations are going smoothly. I was here yesterday to check other things like the arrangement and numbers of chairs putted in the garden, the chair covers and the tables position without forgetting to control the place cards and decoration in the reception hall, check if the florist somehow show up with the flowers and how the florist will decorate the ceremony site and last if the restaurant staff started their work like bringing their necessities for today like the silverware, wine glasses, drinks etc. So far things seems going the way I planned. As what the bride and groom decided, they will exchange their vows in the open garden, where guest can see a pond and a fountain in opposite sides. While for the reception we rent an elegant hall which can hold up to 100 guests. Though this wedding can be consider one of the most anticipated of the year; thanks to the popularity of Seulong, one of the most influential businessmen in the country and of course the wealth of his family; they decided to invite a small number of guests. Seulong and Miryo agreed to just invite their close friends, relatives and some close business partners cause they both wanted to have an intimate wedding. After looking around, I glance at my watch. I nearly forgot I have to go back to Miryo at my place. I have to be there to help her in getting her makeup. I feel relieve that everything’s going fine and fortunately there’s still 4 hours before the wedding starts.
 
“Wow!! You officially look the most beautiful bride ever,” an hour before the ceremony starts, Miryo and I are both in one of the room inside the reception hall. She walks out from the dressing room wearing the wedding gown I personally design and create just for her special day. The gown is really wonderful and elegant and with her wearing it, it’s perfect.
“Gain, don’t!! Please, cause if you cry then I’m going to cry. My make up will be ruin.”
“Sorry. It’s just. I’m really happy for my best friend. I can’t believe your special day has come and I’m happy that you finally found your happiness.”
“Thank you for everything. I really hope that you can also find yours soon. Ahh!! In case I’ll walk in the aisle like this it will be your fault. So you have to stop and so do I and we both have to retouch.”
 
“Are you nervous?”
“When Seulong and I get married, things would probably change between us and I don't know if I'm ready for that just yet. Are you?”
“I know that your happiness is one of the most important things in the world to me and it's you and him would have a wonderful life together. Don't worry about anything else.”
We were both immense in our conversation when we heard a knock. I walk to the door and open it. For a second, we just stand here, all nervous smiles. This is the first time we see each other again after that night, when we had to go for the final catering tasting, instead of Seulong and Miryo. 
“Hello, sorry to disturb the two of you but I’m here for something. He requested or should I say insisted to give this to you.”
“Thanks. How’s he?" Miryo asks.
“Good. Don’t worry as his best man, I’ll make it possible to let him stand in the altar.”
“Nice to know that. I really appreciate your help. I know you’re not really into this kind of thing. Don’t be surprised, Seulong said it. So thank you.”
“Nothing. If there’s something I can help, just don’t hesitate to ask. Okay, I must go now. Seulong and I are expected up at the front, so I’ve got to go,” Kwon said. He takes three steps before he unexpectedly stop and turn his body to face us again and said, “Oh! By the way, you look beautiful. See you both later.”
“I think that compliment is not for me instead it’s for you, “Miryo said when Kwon’s out of our sight.
“Huh? How can it be? It’s not true. You’re imagining things again.”
“I swear he was talking about you, as he pronounced those words he was looking straight at your face.”
“That’s not possible.”
 
“You surprised me, Thank you,” I said while pointing the pianist playing with soft and wonderful music piece, “I mean it. I can’t even put it into words how much this means to me.” I still clearly remember that night when Kwon offered his help to get this famous pianist.  
“So what else do you and Miryo have to do?” he asked.
“More than you can imagine.”
“Really?”
“Well, their dress are both done thanks to me, the flowers and bouquet is ordered and so are the corsages and boutonnieres, the invitations were all sent, we got to taste test the wedding cake and not to mention we are here in the last tasting to finalize the reception food. How about you and Seulong?”
“It’s not that much. My task is just reserved attire for us men and since they went to their premarital counseling, I did pick up their wedding rings and also met with their selected wedding officiant.”
“So I think we almost done everything,” I said. “I just wish I could call this amazing pianist,” I sighed. “I know we’ve gotten a few things done, but if we had him, it would be perfect. I just want to give her a chance to experience something like this on their special day. It was just an idea,” I mumbled. I shook my head and looked off into the distance. “It’s  okay. It’s not a big deal, anyway.”
“Let me make some calls,” he suddenly offered. “Maybe I can arrange something.”
“There’s not enough time,” I repeated.
“I do know people who can help us to contact him.”
“You do?” Surprising me, he reached for my hand.
“I’ll make some calls,” he said. “Trust me.”
“Thank you.” The only thing that comes out from my mouth with his hand still clutching mine.
“Come on. That’s nothing compared to all these things you had organized and accomplished. You really outdid yourself. Sure you had worked a lot.”
“I couldn’t imagine anything better than this and thanks to your contribution this wedding became perfect.” 
“They look happy and content, thanks to you. I don’t think Miryo stops smiling all night long,” Kwon said while we’re both admiring the newlywed couple’s first dance as man and wife.
“I’m also happy seeing two people like them together.”
“Oh, I love this song.”
“Would you like to dance.. I mean dance with me?” Kwon said offering his hand while giving me a wide smile. As if hypnotize I accept his offer without thinking twice and put my hand into his. I stand up to follow him while he leads us in the middle of the crowd. It’s a love song and we have to stand close to each other as he put his right hand on my waist while the other still holds my hand. We both sway according to the rhythm of the music while Kwon is staring at me. Close up he’s taller than I thought and he’s looking extremely handsome in his black suite. He’s got a hard fit body and a great complexion. I suddenly feel a thrill of anticipation while observing him. I’m so out of me that I didn’t notice he’s leaning down to whisper something in my ear. 
“You’re beautiful.”
When he stops, he looks at me. I look away as I can feel myself blushing. I look back at him tenderly as his eyes seem to still lingers over my face. And then I feel this strange feeling again just like the first time I met him. That for a moment, it seems as if the two of us were alone once again, just me and him. It’s indeed strange but with him holding me close, I had the briefest flash of us together just like this in the future.
 
I’m taking a stroll in the garden to get my sense back after losing it awhile ago. I’m thinking too much that I don’t notice Kwon brushing past me.
“Hi guys,” says Kwon while crouching down. He kisses a somewhat familiar beautiful girl on the cheek and pats the back of a guy.
“Where’ve you been?” asks the guy and hand him a beer.
“Inside,” he replies with a tired face after getting a drink to his beer. He sounds really pissed off. Though I’m far from where they are. I can say that there’s something troubling his mind. Then I have this sudden urge to stay at his side. I debate whether or not to go there, I hesitate only brief before making my way, however when I glance back at Kwon I witness the girl sitting beside him let his head lean on her shoulder letting him stay comfortable and at the same time comforting him, the same thing I thought to do to him.
 
“How was it with Kwon?”
“Fine,” I said.
“Just to remind you, he’s now my brother in law you know.”
I turn to look at her with a questioning look.
“Hey, I’m just only reminding you.”
“What does that mean?”
“Nothing.”
“What?”
Miryo laugh, “Oh, its funny. If I didn’t know you, I might have even believed you.” She take a sip of the champagne then said, “I’m right, isn’t I?” while looking directly in my eyes.
“No.”
“No?”
I turn my sight away from her, deciding it might be the best if I simply ignore her suspicions and questions for awhile.
“Oh, in case you’re curious, Kwon isn’t seeing anyone. He’s not only single, but he’s also eligible.”
“I’m not curious.”
“Yes, of course. How could I've been wrong? Well I guess I must have been fooled by the way you keep staring at him.”
“I haven’t been staring”
“Oh! Don’t be so sensitive. After all, he’s been staring at you too,” Miryo pause showing her completely over excited face, “and I think he likes you.”
“That’s ridiculous,” I said trying to act cool until the end. As if I really don't care but to tell you the truth, I care..a lot.
 
 
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Author's note:
It's good to be back after having a long hiatus. Now that I have some free time and that inspiration appears, I'll keep on writing so that I can wrap my stories soon.
Really sorry for making you wait. I'll take this opportunity to give thanks to my new subscribers. And to all, hope you're liking the flow of this story.
Comments and Suggestions are welcome.. THANKS^^