Love Sparks

Love Yourself

 

I turned around so fast, and was shocked to see how close he was standing behind me. Our lips almost touched, so he walked back a few inches.

“I’m sorry for calling you so sudden, and sorry for using Jongyun noona as the middle person,” he then pointed to the corner, and I saw Jongyun was hiding there. Giggling, she’s excusing herself before mouthing good luck to me. What is this…

“B-but… why do you want to meet me, Jongin?” I stammered, I stuttered, but who cares, I finally get the chance to talk to him!

“Well… let’s sit there for a while,” he took my hand and walked together to the chairs in front. I died a little because he touched me!!!!!!!!!

“So, do you have anything important to tell me?” I asked him right after we took our seats. Jongin was giggling, and I wonder why…

“All that Jongyun noona predicted were true, she’s a genius,” he continued to giggle but stopped after seeing my face which clearly written “I’m feeling uncomfortable now, unless you stop giggling or else I’m leaving this place.”

“Well, um, actually noona… I like you. I like you since the first day I saw you. The day I bumped into you, the day that I was punished on my first class because I need to pick up your piles of books. The day that made me wanted to know more about you. It’s been 4 months, but I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I don’t know how you feel towards me, but really, I just want you to know that I really, really, like you,” Jongin said in one long breath, before he cupped his face with his hands.

“This is embarrassing!” he said, still cupping his face.

I was completely left at loss of words. I slapped my face several times before he reached for my hands, begging me to stop. After I got the whole thing, I awkwardly rubbed my neck. I never get any confessions so this is pretty awkward to me.

“But why CL? My initial is LN though..." I paused. Oh yeah, combining my surname, my initial will be CLN. "So CL stands for Choi Li? What an ugly name OTL" I facepalmed myself, but later controlled as Jongin was watching me all the time.

"But Jongin… You know I’m not pretty, right? My fashion sense are weird, according to my friends and I’m not even attractive how could you—“

“Noona, you know that looks aren’t everything, right? And you are pretty, especially tonight. You stood out the most; I can only see you among the crowds just now. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. How I wish you could learn to love yourself more. You’re pretty, believe me. Everyone’s born to be pretty and handsome in their own way.”

Wow, he even gave me a lecture, that’s interesting.

“What am I babbling to you right now…” he cupped his face again, trying to calm down himself. “But, yes noona, I really love you. So…” he paused, rubbing his palms together as it gets colder so sudden, before continuing, “do you have anything to confess now?” He stopped, and looked directly into my eyes.

I quickly looked down, how could I stare back at his beautiful face? And did he just want me to confess omg did Jongyun plot this together with him without me knowing about this? But immediately, I remembered what Jongyun had told me before.

“Be confident, Lina. You know that everyone’s born to be a pair. Your pair will be separated from you at first but he will come to you naturally. It’s the power of nature. Just be confident, and confess to him before he fell for other person. At least he can know how you feel sincerely. Having people to confess his feelings to you… it’s a wonderful thing, right?”

I mustered up my confidence and strength, still looking down before I said, “Um, I actually… like you too, Jongin. But I’m shy. I don’t know how to confess,” I paused, “You’re famous, the talk of all girls. I thought I’ll have no chance to ever talk to you, so I keep this feeling to myself and only Jongyun knows it. I couldn’t help but to fall for you each day…”

“I guess this is the power of nature that Jongyun talked about,” Jongin and I blurted the same sentence on the same time, and we’re taken aback at the same time.

“Is this called as fate?” Again, we said the same thing on the same time.

We smiled. Unknowingly, we got closer, and closer, and closer. Our lips were only few centimeters apart, and for the first time ever, I got the strength to stare into his beautiful eyes.

“Your eyes… are so pretty…” I said under my conscious. He giggled, before he hugged me tightly.

“So, we’re official as a couple now?” Jongin asked with his super y low tone voice, and I just nodded, still smiling widely. I should thank Jongyun later for bringing us closer.