07

The Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ing bull,” Dongwoo muttered as he tried to get up but was pinned down by a rock. His school uniform was torn and he was dirty everywhere but he didn’t care. He needed to kill this thing and he was going to do so even if he had to get roughed up harshly.

Durran had jumped onto the monster and bit the wings of that monster and was about to be thrown aside as the monster loomed over him menacingly. It's drool was dripping above his head and he could hear the hiss from the ground as the drool hit the ground creating hot steam above his head.

Dongwoo then quickly stretched out his arms and his pistols appeared in his hands again after a bright silver light disappeared from his palms. He then held the gun straight out in front of him and aimed it at the monster's throat and began to shoot. He wasn't going to end like this. No way in god's hell was he going to die because of this measly stupid monster.

Each bullet hit the monster and icicles would appear where he shot and would pierce the monster but it didn't have an effect on the monster anymore. The monster still loomed over Dongwoo and Dongwoo flinched as the monster huffed out hot air in his face.

Sungyeol gaped at the scene before him and turned around frantically to face the rock. It was calling for him again and he knew that this was going to be the only way he could help Dongwoo.
So as he took a step back and tried to calm his body, he stretched out his arms like it was the most familiar thing he’s ever done and shouted the words that have been repeating within him for some time now.

"Kagatsuchi!" Sungyeol shouted as loud as he could feeling warmth spread all over his body and as he shouted those words, rings of fire started to spin a few inches away around his ankle and wrists. A shattering noise broke out and the flames dispersed revealing the familiar golden bracelets with three blue green orbs on it.

He then began to float and determined, he aimed for the sword sticking out from the glowing stone before. Sungyeol grabbed the large silver sword's handle that was stuck out from the huge glowing stone and for some reason Sungyeol could swear he saw the stone glow brighter than before bringing in more light to the dark cave.

"Durran! Load amo!" Sungyeol heard Dongwoo shout and as he heard another piercing howl come from Dongwoo's machine dog, Sungyeol frowned as he was determined and began to pull with all his might.

As the sword slipped out from the rock and Sungyeol flipped backwards tossing the sword aside as the he exerted too much force. The sword stabbed the ground below him as it landed and as Sungyeol stared up at where the sword used to be. The stone slowly cracked deeper and he floated back further away from the stone observing it carefully. The stone suddenly then burst into flames and Durran howled even louder.

Dongwoo noticed that Durran's cries have gotten louder and took a moment to glance behind him knowing that he was slightly safe for now as the monster above him was now frozen thanks to Durran's frozen bullet. His eyes then widen as he saw Sungyeol floating in front of the stone now immersed in flames.

"Sungyeol! You idiot!" Dongwoo shouted as he knew that Sungyeol was now going to be fully awakened.

'Not another one. We can't have another one awake,' Dongwoo thought hopelessly as he stared at Sungyeol's tall figure floating in front of the huge rock. Sungyeol turned to look at Dongwoo who was still pinned under rocks with his machine dog by his side and the monster being frozen now and was about to ask him why he called him an idiot when something caught his attention.

"My child, it is time," Sungyeol turned back to face the huge stone that was in flames as he heard it call for him. Sungyeol gasped as he floated backwards a little at the sight of a huge dragon in front of him. It's wings were on fire and as it's neck and body were purely heavenly white. The way a black and white sword was stabbed right in the middle of the dragon's mouth was so familiar to him. He then remembered where he had seen this dragon before and Sungyeol felt his body heat up more.

"You have accepted me. Accepted your fate, it is time to fight and fulfill our destiny," The dragon said telepathically and Sungyeol nodded his head ready to take on this challenge. If this is what has to be done to protect people, he was willing to take up this fate he was given. Sungyeol had come to the decision that he was going to accept it because nothing was worse than people dying or getting hurt and Sungyeol didn't want that.

A loud crack was heard and Dongwoo broke away looking at Sungyeol staring at the dragon and looked up to see that the ice was being broken and starting to shatter.

Sungyeol snapped his head to where Dongwoo was when he heard a loud crack and saw Dongwoo glaring at the cracking ice above him and just as the ice came crashing down onto Dongwoo, Durran ran quickly and jumped on top of Dongwoo's body shielding him from the ice crumbling down and knocked all the rubble holding him down away.

The sharp ice hit Durran totally not stabbing through the guardian but doing enough damage to cause the machine dog pain. Dongwoo's eyes widen in fear as he watched his guardian that was about his size hovering over his body.

The monster was then free from the ice and Dongwoo quickly held up his gun as he noticed it and shot at the monster as his machine dog was still hovering over him protectively. The monster then growled from the impact of Dongwoo's shots and swiftly swung it's claw crashing into Durran and throwing Durran aside.

"DURRAN!" Dongwoo shrieked in horror as his machine dog whimpered landing with a loud thud on the ground a few feet away from him. Dongwoo glanced at his poor machine dog and couldn't help but feel his chest tighten at the sight of his guardian being thrown aside like that.

Dongwoo being unaware, the monster had lifted it's claw again ready to attack but just as that was about to happen, Sungyeol flew swiftly over to where Dongwoo was and put his hands out instinctively. The golden bracelets swirled faster and as Sungyeol hovered over Dongwoo's body, a red bubble surrounded them and the monster hissed as it hit the bubble surrounding them causing shock waves of the flames to grow brighter around them. Dongwoo stared at Sungyeol's back in shock.

"Sungyeol, why-" Dongwoo said under his breath a little relieved that the other boy is helping yet at the same time confused at why the boy was doing so. They didn’t even know each other for more than an hour and he’s willing to risk his life for him like this. Dongwoo then snapped away to look to see that the monster was now growling extremely loudly.

"I'm going to protect you and Durran," Sungyeol stated confidently. He could feel the worry and pain as he watched Durran protect Dongwoo and couldn't stand aside any longer. No matter what, he was going to protect them because he will not stand for anyone getting hurt.

They were both under the monster now and as the monster clawed at Sungyeol's fire protective bubble around them, Sungyeol winced as he felt the pressure that was pushing down on him. His back was now touching Dongwoo's chest and Dongwoo could smell the sweat and grit from Sungyeol's hair that was above him. They were both tired and Dongwoo knew that it was going to be sooner or later that Sungyeol's fire bubble around them would burst.

But just as the monster was about to claw at Sungyeol's fire bubble again, a loud roar was heard and Sungyeol looked over to find Kagatsuchi huffing in air. It's chest expanded as it in air and it grew larger faster and faster.

"Kagatsuchi, what are you-" Sungyeol was shouting when Kagatsuchi opened his mouth for the first time revealing the rest of the sword that was stabbed through it's mouth and out came a huge fire ball glowing brightly. Sungyeol and Dongwoo would feel the intense heat emitting from the ball flying right above them. Sungyeol's eyes closed as the flames were so bright and a loud wooshing noise was heard.

As Sungyeol opened his eyes again, he saw the monster had disappeared from above them and a chilling silence filled the air. Sungyeol then realized that his fire bubble surrounding them had disappeared and the bracelets swirling around his wrist and ankles were also gone.

"Hey, you mind getting off now," Dongwoo groaned as he opened his eyes also. He realized that Sungyeol was now on top of him. Literally laying on top of him like a bed and that the monster was gone, thankfully.

"Oh shoot, sorry," Sungyeol rolled of Dongwoo tiredly and as he laid on the dirt ground next to Dongwoo. Sungyeol then noticed the huge hole tunnel in front of them. It was like a long tunnel and out stretched in front of them were ashes as the walls from the cave disappeared. There was now a new opening to the cave and the sunlight from that afternoon shown brightly through the tunnel outstretched in front of them.

Sungyeol then slumped back down laying on the ground next to Dongwoo. He didn't even want to think about how Kagatsuchi's huge fireball probably - most likely - created that huge tunnel. He didn't want to think about anything as a matter of fact. He was just so tired.

They both laid that way in the silence as they both heaved in and out air. Durran and Kagatsuchi had disappeared and so have the monster that was attacking them just moments ago.

"Let's go," Dongwoo said as he got up after a while. He groaned from how numb his legs have become after having all those stupid rubble on top of him and Sungyeol got up also.

"Uh, so what now?" Sungyeol asked as he followed Dongwoo. He was curious as to what happens now after awakened or whatever they called it.

"We wait. Like what we've been doing the whole time since we've been born," Dongwoo answered. To be honest, he didn't know what they were supposed to do either.

From the information he gathered a while ago, all he knew was that there were 7 of them. 7 warriors who were going to awaken one day and fulfill some destiny that had to do with the red star in the sky that was connected to their mark. That they were blessed children from the heavens and have guardians who will help them to fulfilling their destiny. That this was a ritual, an event that happens every 100 years and isn't documented at all.

"Uhh, wait," Sungyeol said as he pulled on Dongwoo's arm to make him stop walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter