Chapter 3

The Phone Booth

Jungah hesitatingly placed her index finger onto his chin, lifting them up only to find her eyes widening at the sight of his red and watery eyes. Had she gone too far? She had no idea he was sensitive as to it was only a small prank she wanted to play on him.

“I’m sorry,” she said in a mere whisper. Yixing peeked from the corners of his eyes, seeing that she had lowered her head, her fist palming onto the hem of her uniform’s skirt. He straightened up; tears were long gone as he folded his arms across his chest while he coughed out loud. Jungah slowly glanced up, her jaws nearly dropping as she watched him smirk.

“You really thought I was crying, huh? Look who is the silly one now,” he teased and ruffled her hair, causing her bottom lip to be visible into a pout. He stopped ruffling her hair as his gaze dropped down to her lips, having the sudden urge to k-, “No,” he mumbled as he shook the thoughts away. “You’re mean.” He raised a brow at the younger girl, “I'm mean? Look at you!”

She combed her fingers through her hair and stuck her tongue. “Mehrong~” He shook his head and laughed.


“What time is it?” Jungah asked as she leaned against the window for support. Yixing took out his phone and pressed the home button. “A quarter until 6,” her eyes widened. “It’s 6?! My mom is so going to kill me,” she whined, hitting her head onto the window. He frowned and quickly placed his hand onto the spot where she hit her head onto. “Don’t do that.”

“Ah, what am I going to d- oh, I know! Can I borrow your phone real quick? I’m going to give my mom a call.”

“Okay.” he unlocked his phone and gave it to her. She dialed her mother’s phone number in, placing the small device onto her ear as she got herself ready for her mom’s yelling. “Hello? Mo-” instantly did she pull the device away from her ears as soon as she heard her mom being outraged. Yixing chuckled quietly, earning a death glare from the younger girl.

“I want an explanation young lady to why you’re not home yet,” her mom demanded in a calm tone.

She then quickly explained to her mom that due to the sudden heavy raining, she had to stay back. “Then my friend offered me a ride back to her house, so we can… finish a project together,” she glanced at Yixing who in return, raised an eyebrow at her lie.

“I don’t believe you.” Jungah felt her heart sinking down to the bottom of her stomach. “Let me talk to her dad.”

“Y-you w-want to talk to her d-dad?”

“Yes Jungah, I want to talk to her dad. Now hand over the phone to her him.”

Yixing suddenly grabbed the phone from her hands, placing it onto his ears. “Hello? Is this Mrs. Kim,” he feigned a deeper voice.

“Yes, this is Miyoung’s dad speaking. The two of them are doing the project right now. Of course I can. I will tell her. Bye.”

He hung up the phone with a smirk. “Problem solved and close your mouth or flies will get in,” he said, pushing her chin up.

“So she believed you?”

“She sure did.” He laughed, “I think your mom was surprise when I talked. She probably didn’t expect it.”

Jungah smiled, “Thank you! You saved me. Oh, and what did she want to tell me?” Yixing shrugged.

“Just for you to spend the night at “Miyoung’s” house.”