y Back

In the Closet

 

Seungri skipped merrily off of the set of his photo shoot. As usual, he was still high from the upbeat music and feeling of the shoot. He did a little sloppy spin as he approached the door of the dressing room and then pushed the door open with his back. He looked around and saw that it was completely empty. He realized that the chair beside his own had been disrupted and more hair and makeup products had been strewn across the makeup counter in front of it. He concluded that another member must also be here for some other scheduled event. He walked over to the clothing rack to get his street clothes and discovered that TOP’s Hugo Boss suit was still hanging neatly in its bag next to his clothing. He walked around and looked about the room again, making sure it really was just him there.

He galloped back over to the rack and slowly ped the garment bag embroidered with the Hugo Boss logo. He took out the sharp suit and snickered as he threw it over his shoulder and hurried to the mirror. He pulled on the jacket over his T-shirt and puffed up his chest trying to stand as tall as physically possible. He didn’t fill out the suit the way TOP had. He hadn’t achieved that cool, suave look that he envied and admired his hyung for. He held out his arms towards the mirror and looked down at where his hands should have been coming out from the suit. The sleeves of the jacket draped over his short arms and past his fingertips. He dropped his hands towards the floor with his arms still extended parallel to the ground  and let the fabric hang down like a cartoon character. He slumped his shoulders and pulled both sides of the collar up towards his face. He breathed in as he nestled his face into the soft lining, inhaling the familiar scent of TOP. He sighed and smiled uncontrollably. The smell caused memories of the last time he had been so close to TOP to flood his mind. He remembered the rush of excitement and, despite his shyness, the aching feeling that had filled him as TOP had moved closer and closer towards him. He had blushed and ignored his feelings at the time, but since then he hadn’t been able to go long without replaying the moment. He was definitely feeling more than friendship for his hyung. He had fallen for TOP.

Without Seungri’s knowledge, TOP had already walked into the dressing room after Seungri had slipped on the suit. It took all of TOP’s self control to prevent a roar of laughter from exploding out of him at the sight of Seungri sneakily trying on his suit and looking so ridiculous. Once he’d stifled his initial laughter, TOP’s face softened. He shook his head slightly and smiled warmly as he gazed at Seungri through the reflection of the mirror. Suddenly Seungri heard a snort of laughter from behind him. TOP had finally broken down as Seungri had struck a “cool” pose with his arms crossed and eyebrow raised in a final futile attempt to capture TOP’s demeanor. TOP continued to laugh hysterically, grasping his knees as he doubled over. Seungri’s eyes widened, embarrassed and horrified.

“Ya. Ya. Stop laughinggggg,” he whined pouting and rushing to throw off the jacket.

“What are you doing kid??” TOP managed to ask as his laughter receded.

“N-nothing…” Seungri replied as his face flushed.

“Kids don’t need to force themselves so much to be like adults like me, understand?” TOP said flatly.

“I’m not a kid. I’m only a few years younger than you. Stop underestimating me.” Seungri shot back angrily.

“Whatever you say kid,” TOP replied, not budging on his label of Seungri. Maybe it was a way to cope with the recent feelings he had developed for Seungri. TOP was set on keeping Seungri as just the goofy kid in his life. TOP turned to leave, but as he reached the door Seungri called after him.

“Tonight 11:30. Club S.” Seungri was determined to prove to TOP that he could be cool and manly.

“Excuse me…what?” TOP questioned, swinging his head around to stare incredulously at Seungri’s serious expression.

“I’m going to show you that I’m not just a kid.”

“Whatever. Kid.” TOP chuckled, secretly anticipating tonight’s clubbing. He was curious to see what Seungri had in store for him.

 


 

 

The bass pounded as music blasted throughout the bustling club. Young, provocatively clothed people crowded the floor, bumping one another from all sides as they grooved to the music in clingy pairs or excited groups. TOP was seated at the bar, calmly sipping his drink and watching Seungri who was doing a miserable job of convincing TOP of his maturity and coolness. The music changed to Justin Timberlake.
 

“Don't be so quick to walk away

I wanna rock your body, please stay”

 

Seungri belted out with the song, matching Justin Timberlake’s tone and movements, imagining himself as Justin. He sauntered over to where TOP was sitting and pointed at TOP as he continued

 

“You don't have to admit you wanna play

Just let me rock you till the break of day”

 

He stumbled as he struggled to complete another body roll. 

“Another glass!” He called to the bartender.

“No. He doesn’t need one,” TOP told the bartender firmly. “You’re too drunk. Why do you always get so drunk when you go out? It’s time to go,” he demanded turning to Seungri.

“No. I’m fine.” Seungri replied coolly, cocking his head to the side slightly and placing his hand heavily on the bar in front of TOP. The song changed.

 

I’m bringin’ y back. Yeah.

 

“Oh no,” TOP knew this wouldn’t end well. He prayed that Seungri had already snapped out of his Justin Timberlake persona.

“IT’S MY SONG!!” Seungri squealed, pushing his way back to the centre of the dance floor. He went into an all-out performance, girls flocking to dance as close to him as possible. With so much body heat against him, Seungri was sticky with sweat. He started stripping of his jacket ily while continuing to dance. He started to his shirt, attracting even more girls’ attention and even gasps. One bold woman that had been attached at the hip to Seungri all night began to help Seungri with his third shirt button. TOP gritted his teeth and hopped of his chair, intercepting the move and pushing Seungri forcibly from the dance floor all the way outside of the club. Seungri squirmed and almost toppled over as they emerged from the dark club.

“I’m fine. Why are you making me leave? That was my song.” Seungri insisted. To TOP’s surprise, the sky was lightening. It was already sunrise. He realized how tired he really was and began to walk slowly towards Seungri’s place. There were no footsteps following him. Turning back, he saw Seungri was slumped over the yellow concrete parking block in front of the club, completely conked out. He sighed and walked over to Seungri, trying to shake him awake. He gave up and gathered Seungri into his arms, carrying him princess-style. Seungri’s head and limbs slumped limply over TOP’s upper arms.


 


 

 

TOP walked into Seungri’s house, his own former dorm. The door was unlocked. TOP figured Daesung must have forgotten to lock it. He continued into Seungri’s bedroom and dumped Seungri onto the unmade bed. His arms ached. Seungri lay exactly where TOP had placed him, breathing heavily in his sleep. TOP slid off Seungri’s shoes and then bent down to take a closer look at Seungri’s peaceful sleeping face, but just as his eyes were level with Seungri’s, Daesung burst in the door.

“WHERE WERE YOU TWO?” Daesung screamed. TOP jumped up and shushed Daesung. “YOU WERE OUT ALL NIGHT. WE HAVE AN EVENT TO GO TO. THE OTHERS ARE ALREADY ON THEIR WAY. DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD THIS HIS?” Daesung continued.

“I don’t want to wake him up. He needs some sleep,” TOP said calmly, trying to settle Daesung down.  

“The front door was open so I let myself in,” GD chirped as he sauntered into Seungri’s room with Taeyang following still half-asleep. He gasped at the scene that he’d walked into. Seungri was still sprawled out on the bed fully clothed, snoring heavily and reeking of alcohol, while Daesung and TOP were in mid-confrontation. “WHAT’S GOING ON HERE? CHOI SEUNGHYUN. WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT DID YOU DO TO SEUNGRI? MY POOR MAKNAE.“  GD started instinctively climbing on to Seungri’s bed to give him a back-hug only to be pulled back from the collar by TOP and swung around into the closet a few feet away. TOP corralled the other members into the closet as well, trying to muffle their protests.

“Ya. Quiet down. The kid will get woken up.” TOP ordered.

“Then explain what’s going on. Where were you two?” GD semi-shouted fiercely. TOP sighed.

“Seungri invited me to the club.”

“WHY WOULD HE TAKE YOU?!” GD cut in.

“Calm down,” TOP murmured.

“Hyung, just let him explain first,” Daesung whined softly. GD crossed his arms impatiently but looked at TOP for him to continue.

“As I was saying… He invited me to a club because he wanted to prove that he isn’t a kid. He ended up starting his own one-man drinking contest and getting completely wasted.”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU STOP HIM?” GD snapped.

“Hyuuuung.” GD pulled back again and narrowed his eyes.

“There wasn’t much I could do, okay? I didn’t know he’d be drunk within a few shots. He’d already transformed into Justin Timberlake by the time I’d realized how drunk he was.”

“IF IT WAS ME I WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING SOONER!!” GD interrupted yet again.

“Why do you care so much anyways?” Taeyang interjected while rubbing his ears.

“Is it wrong for me to care about my maknae?” GD asked with attitude.

Your maknae? Don’t tell me…” Daesung eyed GD suspiciously.

“Yes. That’s exactly it. I like maknae. So what? I thought it was obvious already. He’s mine.” GD confessed openly.

“So you too… I mean you… You. You like… Seungri… too… I mean YOU like Seungri. I see…” Taeyang stumbled over his words, eyes darting back and forth nervously. Two of the three stared at Taeyang confused. GD, however, looked at him evenly.

“Don’t try to hide it, Dong Youngbae. I’ve seen the way you look at him. I know you like him too,” GD accused. Daesung gasped.

“I… I… No. I mean… maybe. I don’t know. I’m not… “ Taeyang tried to deny. The others continued to stare at him in silence. He eventually caved in. “Ok. Fine. I do too.”

“You guys can’t like him,” TOP barked childishly.

“Why not?” GD asked, tilting his head to the side and stepping close to TOP’s face.

“Because,” TOP said, leaning closer to GD. Neither broke eye contact. Taeyang backed up to the wall with his hands up in defense, unsure of how this would end.

“Seungri is mine already,” TOP said cockily.

“Maknae would never like you. You always call him a kid and insult him,” GD reasoned.

“Wanna bet? Let’s let him choose then.”

“Fine, me against you. May the best man win.”

“W-what about me?” Youngbae cut in. TOP and GD chuckled in unison.

“Hah. You can’t even get a girl? Don’t even try,” GD joked. TOP snorted in agreement, receiving a glare from Taeyang.

“I’m in. You’ll be sorry when Seungri only looks at me,” Taeyang rebutted. GD was taken aback and TOP’s grin wiped off his face. They glared at one another and began to leave the closet.

“Hyungs. I also…” Daesung whispered, but the others were already halfway out the door and too busy glaring at one another to notice his feeble attempt to join the competition for Seungri.

“Hyungs. Why are you guys here? Why were you in my closet…?” Seungri had just awoken and was sitting up in bed staring confused at the group making their way out of his closet.

“Ah. We didn’t want to wake you up. Did you have a good sleep, my maknae?” GD cooed, sliding onto the bed beside Seungri. He grinned and put his arm around Seungri’s waist, pulling him into the side of his own body and then wrapping his other arm around the front of Seungri. Resting his head on Seungri’s shoulder, he looked up at the other members and blinked his eyes with an innocent smile on his face. “We should probably get going, hey?”  The others’ eyes narrowed in disgust as Seungri naively yawned, still unaware of the rivalry that had been revealed in the closet just moments ago.