2

Baekhyun's Strange Girl

 

The moment he got out the shower, Baekhyun has already forgotten about the earlier incident with the strange, but beautiful girl. He busied himself doing his morning rituals before heading out for another day at work. He’s working as an architect in a small yet respectable firm, earning him decent paychecks at the end of every month.

 

His mind is filled with nothing but the plans he laid out for the day. He went through it inside his head over and over again, making sure that he’s not going to miss anything and that even though the start of his day was not that good, the rest of the day will be.

 

Ready for work, Baekhyun checked his appearance in front of his full-length mirror one last time, making that the outfit he had prepared the night before isn’t looking to casual but not too formal either, and that his over-all appearance impeccable. Satisfied, he left his room and looked around the house, making sure that no appliances are left on.

 

He opened the door and stepped out, closing and locking it behind him. As he turned around and adjusted the strap of the black messenger bag on his shoulder, he saw the girl standing behind him and outside the door all this time, waiting for him.

 

She smiled the moment Baekhyun noticed her, red marks visible in her forehead. He decided to ignore her, not wanting to be distracted by her and started heading out to the diner.  It’s Tuesday and according to his planned and consistent life, he will eat his breakfast at the usual diner he frequent to during this day of the week. The girl followed him though, trying to keep up with his quick pace.

 

The girl is starting to get on his nerves; why is she still waiting when he told her to go away? Why is he following him?

 

He spun on his heels abruptly and the girl hit her forehead on his shoulder, her petite body slamming on his.  The girl squeezed her eyes shut as she put her hands on her forehead for the second time on that day. She looked at Baekhyun with a sorry expression, trying to apologize into bumping him.

 

“I told you to go away, didn’t I? Stay away from me and don’t follow me. I don’t know what you want and I am not interested in knowing, so do yourself a favour: go away before I force you to, and trust me, you wouldn’t like what I’ll do with you.” He growled and gave the girl a condescending glare.

 

The girl, instead of getting scared and intimidated looked sad and dejected. Her glasslike eyes looked so vulnerable that it seemed like it would shatter, the already pale shade of violet got paler. Baekhyun felt guilty for a few seconds as he looked at the girl.

 

Then he heard something grumbling. He instinctively placed a hand on his stomach, wondering if he is that hungry already that his organ had to make a noise to remind him. He felt his stomach but nothing; he noticed the girl who bit his lower lip, her hand too, placed on her stomach.

 

“Was that you?” he asked before he could stop himself. The girl looked up at him shyly, faint pink visible on her milky white cheeks and nodded. Baekhyun sighed and ran a hand to his hair, ruining the perfectly styled and combed hair, sending it to disarray.

 

He looked at his watch and tapped a finger on it, thinking of how much time he could afford to waste to the strange girl. He cursed again, baffled on why he even entertain the thought of wasting his time to a stranger. But even though he hates disruptions, his conscience would not leave him in peace if he chooses to leave a starving girl.

 

“Follow me.” he grumbled before he changed his mind. He walked hastily as the girl tried her best to keep up with him. Baekhyun has already planned to ditch the girl after treating her to breakfast; that’s all he can and is willing to do for his sake.

 

Baekhyun hadn’t realized that the moment he told her to follow him was the moment he took responsibility of the girl, and that she’ll be sticking on to him like a glue and couldn’t get rid of her no matter what he do.