1

Baekhyun's Strange Girl

 

Byun Baekhyun always has a plan.

 

He always lived his life, his every single day with a plan to follow and makes sure that he will do everything that he’s planned. Whenever some of it fails to be followed and executed, he feels frustrated and aggravated and will make sure to rid of that certain distraction to get his plan back on track.

 

Baekhyun’s plans are always the same. The only thing he has to consider is the days of the week. He has plans for every single day; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and so on. The way he is living his life is being perceived as boring by his colleagues and acquaintances, but he never felt bored with it.

 

He likes the steady pace and stability his planned life gives him, though there are always things or people that will disrupt it. Sometimes he can do something about the disruptions before it could further ruin his plan; but sometimes, he can’t and that is what he abhors the most.

 

He hates surprises; whether throwing it or the one receiving it. If there is one word that doesn’t exist in his dictionary, it is the word impulse. He never let his self be impulsive and take risks. He’s always careful, cautious, and accurate. He hates losing control over things and abhors situations and people who and which ruin his plans.

 

Baekhyun knew that that particular Tuesday morning, none of his plans would be followed, and that he couldn’t do anything to prevent it from crumbling. It started when he awoke before his alarm clock could wake him; there was a continuous rang on the doorbell of his apartment by someone.

 

It was as if whoever has enjoyed pressing the bell too much that it was like they are composing some track with it.  He got out of his bed with a huff and dragged his feet towards the front porch and to his door not fully awake yet.

 

The continuous ringing hurted his ears and was starting to get on his nerves; he just woke up and not in a really nice way and so he violently opened and pushed the door open away from him. The door hit something, more like someone but Baekhyun did not care and was being petty; he wanted revenge and he got it.

 

Satisfied, he took a step outside and closed the door and saw a girl crouching on the floor, both her hands rubbing her forehead. Baekhyun did not feel any regret, even a little when he saw the girl; instead of regret, he felt confused.

 

What is a girl doing ringing his doorbell at six in the morning?

 

 As the girl recovered from the pain, she slowly stood up, one hand still pressing her forehead. She looked at Baekhyun with round eyes, her irises in pale shade of…violet. He is sure that it’s violet, only more glasslike in shade and colour.

 

After seeing her eyes, Baekhyun let his eyes ran a gaze on the girl’s physique from head to toe. The girl was wearing a white sleeveless dress falling under her knees and white tennis shoes; her long brown hair curled perfectly and no strands were out of place.

 

Angel. That’s one word Baekhyun used to describe the girl.

 

The girl then held out to Baekhyun with both hands a small, white envelope as he noticed that the girl isn’t carrying anything with her, aside from the envelope she’s giving him. Baekhyun doesn’t understand why, but instead of brushing the girl off and labelling her as weird, he almost willingly took the envelope.

 

Anyhow, he carefully ripped the end of the envelope and took a blue piece of paper folded in half. He opened it and was welcomed by a crisp and cursive handwriting.

 

‘She is your responsibility for now. Give her a name and take care of her.’

 

Baekhyun read the letter over and over again, trying to make some sense out of it and made nothing. Giving up, he looked at the girl and this time, he notice her facial features; aside from the eyes he had earlier noticed, the girl’s face was in shape of a heart and her lips that are red and plump.

 

He held the envelope, showing it on the girl. “Is this for me?” The longer he stood on the hallway, half- at that, the more confused he got. The girl nodded eagerly her, her face lighting up, her round eyes got rounder and her eyes were shining.

 

Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat and he was for a moment, lost on the girl’s beautiful eyes; the colour of it might be peculiar at first, but when she smiled, he noticed how beautiful her eyes are. “I don’t see a name.” he uttered and the girl tilted her head on the left, looking confused.

 

She pursed her lips and reached out for the envelope and inspected it; she then smiled again and held out the backside of the envelope for Baekhyun to see; there it was, the three characters used to spell out his name scribbled on the back.

 

He missed that; he furrowed his brows in confusion; the envelope is addressed to him, but he is certain that he did not know who the girl was. He tried to speak but closed his mouth, not really knowing what to say. The girl looked hopeful as she looked at Baekhyun, still smiling. She is beautiful and attractive, but there is no way he is going to just accept and follow what the letter says.

 

Was someone pulling a prank on him? Was it the old and grumpy old maiden he managed to piss off again yesterday taking a revenge agaisnt him? He did kick her flower pot out of frustration and had apologized for it, but if she is indeed taking her revenge, she could have chosen a better time.

 

“You know what, if you are looking for someone to play or joke with, or con with,  I am not the person; I’m not buying this. If you are asked by someone to bother me or take a revenge at me, tell them it worked and I'm pissed by being woken up freaking early. Go away.” His expression turned dark and he looked at the girl sharply, trying to send the message that he is not one to be messed with in an early morning at that.

 

After giving the girl an intimidating stare, he opened the door to his apartment and got inside, adjusting his plans in his head and trying to do some damage control and save the remains of his already ruined plan for the day.