Win ____ Over, My _____?

Follow the Trail

 

"When you get home follow the trail of notes. At the end of the trail there will be a surprise."

~Love Chanyeol. ^^

You sighed as you lay the heart-shaped note on your working table. You could never do much about Chanyeol. He was very manly and quite beauitful but even to this day he still remained a kid; acting childishly and cute. It was hard to believe it had already been 7 years since you and Chanyeol met. About 5 since he proposed the idea to be your boyfriend. See back then he was really awkward around you not revealing his true character to you for fear of not getting the love he had for you, returned. 

It's officially been seven years since you met the love of your life, Chanyeol. It's  your 7th year anniversary... you exhaled a sigh as you stood to go grab your coat. It was nearly time to leave for home. See you worked in a private business area on part of the "parks", Chanyeol's familys' surname. Ever since he first knew you all he would talk about was "her", "her", "her", that when you met his family they welcomed you with open hands and friendly smiles. They weren't your typical family because this family actually wanted Chanyeol to pursue his dream of becoming a singer. Mr. Park had always dreamt of being one but never received the opportunity and so when his son told him he was going to be a singer, Channie was met with a warm embrace and a "That'll be fine. You know why son?" "No, sir. Not quite." "Well sit and let me tell you the story of how I myself really wanted to be a singer."

Channie had told me that story countless times over the past years but you couldn't get mad at him or tell him to shut up. For one his father had fallen extremely ill and hadn't seen the outside world since his illness. The doctors told us they didn't know how long he had to live but that it was limited.  That story was what always kept Chanyeol going' making sure to do his best and strive. Everytime after telling me that story and how his father was keeping him going he'd grab you by the waist. pull you close, give you a kiss on the lips and than pull away, staring into your cute, twinkling eyes saying you were also the reason he wanted to keep succeding. YOU was why he never failed to smile or laugh anymore. YOU were the love of his life.

You grabbed your coat from next to you on your table and stood to put it up, seeing a beautiful sight of early evening Seoul. The winter-like lights were barely starting to flicker on, grasping the eyes of thousands and sending signals to anyone, that it was that time of the day to grab your drinks and party. You smiled, looking out at 

"Mr. Park, you know I promised to make your son happy. The genuine look in your eyes told me you wanted me to do it for not you, but if not for Channie. I promise to do just that." You said as you took one last final look against the streetlights of Seoul, the bustling people and honking cars, getting ready to head home or out for more memories, as you turned, went through the doorway and shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you stepped out the car, you were met with your first suprise note. It lay on the driveway's entrance. You spotted it like, what a mile away. I mean how could you miss it, when it was attached to a clapping, screeching monkey that was mocing around in circles? Only Chan Chan would do something so---childish as this, you thought as you bended to pick up the note. As you slid the note from the clapping, circling monkeys' hands, streams of colored paper came spurting out into your face. You yelled and ran to a nearby tree, scattering up nearly three feet before finally yelling out "PARK CHANYEOL!!!!!!". Cat got your tongue. That's why it took you so long to yell when it frightened you so terribly. Althought once you slid down the tree and marched in front of the tree your anger was starting to fade away and you giggled. "Well it was pretty cute." You picked the note that you ropped in your state of shock and read it. 

"Hope monkey didn't scare you too bad dear. "^-^ He just wanted to be friendly." You rolled your eyes.  "Continue on. Find the key to my heart. Or home should I say."

What was he talking about? Had he lost his mind? What home, this home? I already had the key...-BAM! You hit yourself on the new metal door that had been imputed there by Chanyeol this morning. 

"Ow what was that? It hurt---you looked up from the floor, having fallen back from the sudden impact of the heavy metal door and-----CHANNNNNNIEEEEE!"

"Watch when I find you just how bad a tantrum I'm gonna let out on you." You turned back to look at the note and finally understood its' meaning. Key to my heart?=Key to our home=Which could only mean Chanyeol was already home. You were fuming smokes of anger from the top of your head now. 

So where was this key? You looked down and about the trees nearby, out by the pond and nothing. Nada, squat. You sighed as you returned to the driveway. Just your luck: it started to rain as you made it back. Good thing there was a metal roof atop the outer part of the driveway, stretching from the roof to over a good part of the driveway, protecting the cars from the moisture. No need to run bac-- You felt a slight mist on top of your body and then BOOM! It started pouring over you. The rain was hurtling against you now, wetting your body to the extreme and matting your neatly done hair that you had prepared especially for today. You had so many mixed emotions running through your head now. Anger, frustration, pity, sadness and still that slight feel that Chanyeol hadn't meant for this to happen to you. As you were lost in despair you looked up to see if the door held any clues. There at the top of the metal door was a heart. At the top of it you barely read the words "My heart, your key insid

"Cha-Cha-cha.... you breathed in before yelling at the top of your lungs "CHANYEOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wonder if she's alright." Chanyeol stood, walking out the possibilites of you not making it in before the storm started. "No, she's a smart girl. I'm sure she's in by now." Chanyeol smiled, shrugged the doubts off, and got back to work.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were dripping wet by the time you made it inside, having fumbled reaching for the top of the door. You were now definitely going to kill him when you saw where he was hiding. Now the whole problem was finding him...in this huge house. You didn't bother wiping your shoes since you were just going to take them off their at the door mat. You dropped your keys in the glass bowl beside the side entrance and that's where you found your next death note. You had the strong urge to just throw it out and race around the house like crazy until you found Channie, but decided against the thought after careful consideration: it would take all night and you wanted the night to shed some Korean blood...

The note read as follows: 

"Riding in, my beautiful lady. Don't give up yet. You've only got three down and quite a few more to go."

~Love Chanyeol :'P

You crumpled the letter throwing it down on the floor in complete frustration. It had only been a perfect day this morning when all of this just popped out. You tried recalling what you did wrong this morning, in terms of hope to loose your despair:

-FLASHBAK TO THIS MORNING-

"Good morning pumpkin pie."

"Good morning sugar" You replied back to Chanyeol.

"Do you want me to make you anything this morning before I leave?"

"Got called in early, eh?"

"Yeah, a girls duty is her pride and a-"

"Pssshhhh let me crack you a joke before you leave. Roses are red, violets are blue, my toes are yours, and mine are too. You like?"

You were cringing inside at the terrible corniness. What was going on through his head at that time. 

"It's-it's good honey. It's alright. Pretty good. But you sure-"

"Nope. I don't wanna any." Chanyeol replied back, smiling like the cute dork he was. 

"Okay well than I'm off. It's 7:45. I might be back by 5:00."

"Mmm-hmmm Bye-Bye~~"

-END FLASHBACK-

I hurled the vase nearest me. It fell to the floor with a clatter. I knew what I had done wrong! The light bulb inside my head had just flickered on. I left 2 hours earlier than usual. That would give Chanyeol plenty of time to devise a secret plan to get make you misrable. You hit your fist on your hand as a way to say "I got this!"

Okay now you were going crazy. Chanyeol was always sincere when he said he loved you and when he holds you. The way you ctach him loooking at you, at times, made him blush. If he wanted to do something so evil than he would have done it sooner. He just wanted to be happy for today. To make YOU happy. So enjoy this little game, you thought. You'd have to come back to read the note though after you changed into some clean, dry clothes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was that the rain? O_O i hope that was the rain. I wouldn't want her to get hurt. (He's talking about the vase shattering.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You returned. You deciphered the note and headed for the training room. At least you thought that's what he meant, by a "few more to go" as in your daily pushups and situps you do. Just that today you hadn't worried on them because it was your special day. You searched around the room. As you were lifting yourself up onto the treadmill it automatically . You forgot to turn the timer off last night! You were running, running, RUNNNINGGG as fast you could not to stumble back because a certain SOMONE had changed it to the maximum running level: the BEASTLY level 10. 

"I can do this! I CAN" KA POW you fell forward and hit your forehead on the metal plate with commands, stumbling backwards and rolling like an armadillo until you hit your back against a box of storage boxes. You were in so much pain but still managed to get up with the help of the metal yoga bar. But KAWONK! You hit the top of your head on that when you slipped on Chanyeol's sweaty training shirt. 
"Channie...-tears were starting to form in your eyes when all of a sudden you spotted the note on the mirror. "Why is it you can't just be simple on your notes?" You asked to the air, on the verge of giving up...AGAIN. But you were a strong, independent woman. One man's jokes would NOT ruin your precious year. Even if it was that that man was the one you were celebrating the momentous occassion with...

The note read: 

Your about really close. You've got another quanitity of steps but I mean the suprise you get is gonna be great. Can you see me now? Look through and open. :)

~Love Chanyeol

Your whole body was hurting so much. But you continued your strive to make it to him. "Just know young man, that if my present isn't grand enough, you will be sleeping with the dogs tonight!" You pouted, knowing that what you just spoke about was a lie. You loved him too much. You sighed and tried to plot out what he meant by the note clutched in your left hand. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol gently sticks his tongue out his lips and being that same kid all over again. "There almost done." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You didn't understand the next note Chayeol had written you. Did he mean a door? Did he mean the fridge? Knowing him, he probably even meant the toilet because you could see your reflection in the water.... You were quiet for a second. 

"Channie, as much as I love you. I really do. Ever since I met you, I've wanted to have you, to make you mine and I'm sure you think the same way. But----THIS IS NOT THE REALITY I WANTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

----------------------------------

Your scream was heard next door. Your next door neighbor was EXO's very own prime singer, and cutie bug-eyed, D.O_O

Kyungsoo had a guest over. They were there to watch the latest edition of the Bachelorette. It was Baekhyun the next most mischevios member in EXO-K after Chanyeol. They were best buddies after all. ("Hang around the person you most want to be like.")

"Hey, man, you know what that was?"

Kyungsoo: O_O

Baek: Hey how about we go grab your binoculars and take a look next door. Chanyeol DID say he had something special planned for his girl today. 

Kyungsoo: O___O But wouldn't that be intruding ones' privacy? 

Baek: Nah man It's just to see what's up. A quick look. Come one, I'll go get the binoculars while you get the anti-rain cloaks. 

and Baekhyuun was out the room, dashing at the speed of light like a human on pixie wings. He was only up to being mischevious...LIKE ALWAYS

Kyungsoo when Baekhyun was out the room: O________O They're called rain coats. 

------------------------------

Inside the toilet there was a note. "Chanyeol didn't plan on making you stick your hand in all the way down there, girl. Come  now, calm yourself. You can totally see that those shreds of wet paper used to be a boat. There's even a cute sailor there, floating---dead, no longer breathing. o.o", you told yourself for calming measures. The last part didn't help you. At least no one had been to this bathroom you whispered before reaching your hand inward , stretching your tightly closed fingers to reach for the note, not having to put more of your arm in. You weren't exactly the kind of girl that would gladly volunteer to get herself dirty. "This is just nonsense Chanyeol," you spoke trying to reach, trying to, VWA-LAH! You pulled the note out. It was super wet and therefore barely readable. You washed your hands first and foremost, scrubbing tenderly and than quicker, faster, HARDER. You were now into "defeat-the-germs" mode when another light bulb hit you in the head. How about I blow dry the note so the words can be read easier? :D 

You laughed at your own brillaincy (when really it was stupidity). You reached down into the cubbies underneath the marble sink and rummaged through the many items down there. You were about to reach for the dryer when WOOSH, the running water you forgot to turn off spilled over the top of your head, spilling over gently and softly your entire crouched body. You dropped your head in defeat, slowly raising yourself to turn off the water. Again you were soaking wet.

"CHANYEOLLLLLLLL HERE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU WILLLLLL NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT LIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE THROUGH THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The walls of your home shook with the ear-shattering scream of your troubled voice. 

--------------------------

Baek: "Yo DO, you heard that right?" as he came running in the room again. 

D.O: I hope that was the rain...and I hope your little scheme is also okay. 

Beak: *laughs* "Scheme? What scheme are you talking about? It's only for fun and games."

D.O: Yeah until someone gets hurt. That's when you reveal your ugly aegyo to try and make things better. 

Baek: Why you little.... *walking straight for DO*

But knowing Baek a little bit better DO steps aside just as Baek flings himself in the direction of Kyungsoo. He misses by two seconds and lands, face first into the pile of newspapers DO was planning on recycling.

DO: You better be lucky I'm not gonna kill you. Althought as your mother, I'm still forcing you to clean them up when we come back. 

"Yeah only cos you got dubbed "mother" by EXOtics," Baek mumbles under his breath as he stands, grabbing the rain coat on the table and following D.O outside into the rainy and moist world, still grunting and huffing & puffing. 

------------------------

Now, you were truly amazed at your own stupidity. "I guess a cuter way would be dumbness," you spoke as you turned to look at the backside mirror, seeing the note taped to the mirror. "Is this what he meant by reflection and opening?" You wanted to rip the hair from your head now. "STRESSSS,"  you said through gritted teeth, "This is all it is. Stress girl." You slapped your cheeks, thinking it would get you back on track but the uneasy feeling was still there. You stood on the toilet reaching for the note and opening the mirror. Sprinkles of confetti spurt out from inside and now it was official "Dub me Mrs. Confetti is my lifelong friend." "Yeah you can call me that  now Chanyeol when I see you." There was a burning desire in you now to see Chanyeol as soon as possible. Not because you wanted your surprise any longer but because you were gonna beat THE CRAP out of him. Good thing you guys weren't married...yet.

The next note taped to the mirror read as follows:

You know our bedroom is only on the third floor. Two more floors. The first wasn't bad now was it? This is no clue. Just make it to the guest room before time shoots out. :)

~Love your boyfriend

"Oh no, don't worry Chanyeol. I'm coming. I'm gonna come soon. And when I make it there..." Suddenly the grandfather clocks hour ring shot through the household engulfing the quietness of the insde and the thundering rain adding an even more sinister side effect. You step outside the bathroom shutting the door with a gentle thud, not wanting to slam it shut because with your anger now you would have broken such a beautifully crafted door. 

You titled your head towards the direction of the clock. "Why had it just ringed. It should have rung, you looked at your watch to check the time, about three times before." Another amazing trick Chanyeol had up those magically long fingers you thought dumfoundedly, when your ears ringed a familiar sound. "The monkey clapping?...the clapping monkey? Is that what I hear. But why? Didn't it suffer the fate of the thundering rain?" As naive as you had been all through this story you stood there staring in the same direction as the ring. You didn't think that the note was helping you. You had only read the note but didn't value it's meaning. You didn't interpret it with the tolling. Soon enough here came tens more of monkeys. They were all circling towards you, clapping their hands, and coming at you fast. 

"Chanyeol! I hope this is one of your sick ideas because your drunk or something!?!?!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You started running up the stairs, making a quick dashes. The monkeys were all going wild. You thought you were safe by the time you made it to the top of the spiral staircase but oh were you wrong. The monkeys could even hover, march and dance up towards you! They were coming even faster. And whether it was your imagination or not, you saw them looking angry and with smirks. 

You headed in the direction of the guest room.... well Chanyeol didn't mention which one, so you only hoped you were correct in the way you were going. Again the grandfather clock tolled and the monkeys' energy seemed to--- "What!?! Their loosing their energy. But these are toy monkeys?? HOW ON EARTH are they even moving like this? Why did they suddenly loose their energy?!?!?" 

You stared at them for quite some time now. In the corner of your eye you saw one monkey still slowly moving towards you. It was close to nearing you when suddenly it collapsed on the floor. "Now mister, (talking about Channie) you have some things to explain. And no, no expraning. EXPLAINING."

You turned and their stood your loyal maid, Miss Fujikumara, by the guest room. She was a foreign woman working here for a better education. She was also your friend so that's why you took her in. She pointed to the door and entered, signaling for you to follow. She spoke no words until we were both inside. 

"I am here only to tend to you, Miss _____________. I shall not be long. Here take this and go take your shower. I will be here when you come out."

I grabbed the soft, silk towel she was handing me and without saying anything went into the bathroom for a nice, hot steamy bathroom.

***********************

I came out feeling new and refreshed. Above all that shower made me feel a lot like I was not me anymore. Like it was poisoned or something--

Nah, now your just thinking crazy talk, you thought as you stepped out of the bathrooms walls, heading for Miss Fujikumara, who stood upon seeing you walk towards you. 

"Here, Miss _________. The master told me to hand you this." You looked down and surely enough there was a beauitufl silk bow. She went and stood by the window, for a moment before turning, reaching down to grab a neatly packed set of clothes. "Master Park-ssi also told me to hand you this package here. That is all. Now I must be leaving."

"Wait Kimmy!" "Miss you know I do not respond to that name here." She turned and left. She would respond to it whenever, wherever I called her even here. Chanyeol never paid it any attention. Heck he even accpeted Kimmy here anytime she wanted to come other than work so I would ask her tomorrow what was wrong.

You asked her if this was your anniversary present. She did not reply back. Even as a maid she was following her duties but wasn't following her friends orders. You guess superiorty

She was only following orders you said as you climbed up the second set of stairs to the third floor. You were met with a surprise. Another note... only this one was held by a handsomely galliant man, with a nicely fitted collar shirt and some nice, dyed out blue jeans. He looked the part to be in one of those romantic movies where the guy is always there for you, being the one that would sweep you off your feet with a kiss at the end...oh who were you fooling. He looked HAWT. (Start singing Mama, Mama, Shoot Anonymous, Anonymous.)

"My, do you look beautiful my queen" Chanyeol said as he came walking down towards me, a smile on his gorgeous face...

 

TO BE CONTINUED. MWAHAHAHA LOL

 

 

A/N: Here's a picture of your home in the story: =)