Loving you was harder than letting go

A love story that wasn't meant to be

"Lijuan what would you do if I told you that I love you" a young Yixing asked as he turned to the beautiful girl who was beside him. Both were lying on the grass under a huge tree this particular day. He turned to her anticipating her answer. She suddenly snorted and sat up.

"What's with the sudden question, Xing-xing?" she asked with a suspicious smile. He looked up to her admiring her perfect oval shaped face,fair skin,perfect hazel eyes and pretty pink lips wanting to take in each and every feature in.

"Nothing, curiosity I guess" he replied with a slight shrug trying to act cool even though his heart was beating so fast at the moment as different thoughts and emotions went through him.

"Well...no offense Xing-xing but I'd probably laugh" she replied as looking up to the sky with a small smile on her face. Disappointment welcomed him with open arms but he still kept a calm facade and slighlty nodding at her response.

"I mean girls everywhere practically throw themselves at you.I mean why me?" she continued on.

*Cause you're you*  He wanted to say out loud really badly but held it in.

"I'm the mere girl next door who just so happens to be your best friend, you would never love me" she said thoughtfully as she traced patterns on the grass with her fingers.

Yixing turned away and closed his eyes as feeling of anger,disappointment and sadness overflowed.

*So this is how it feels like to be rejected. I knew it hurts but never knew it would hurt like this*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Wow!!! Xing-xing, I never knew you could sing that well! Your voice is so awesome!!!" Lijuan cried as she went over to hug him.

"Thanks, Lijuan" the now 15 years old Yixing said quietly as he savoured the closeness both shared at the moment.

"No,seriously you should sing more often! Even become an idol or something!" she said in glee jumping up and down in excitement. Yixing himself could not help but smile as well. To him each smile could light up his days even through his darkest of hours only Lijuan's smiles could revive him.

"That's it!!!" she suddenly exclaimed

"Xing-xing, you are going to sing at my wedding someday" she said with a goofy smile and then laughing finding the thought of her getting married quite amusing.

*And I hope to be the man standing beside you at the altar* 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Xing-xing gege!" a sweet voice cried. The 19 years old Yixing looked up from his book and saw the girl of his dreams running towards him with a huge smile plastered on her face as she ran towards him. His lips immediately curved into a smile.

"No need to be so loud, Lijuan" he said with a slight chuckled while she slighlty pouted but smiled again.

"Anyway, gege you know that new kid who moved into my class?" she said excitedly practically jumping up and down.

"...um..who was it again....Lehan was it?......OH! LUHAN!"  he exclaimed

2MRZH.jpg

 

"YES!" she cried

"What about him?"

"....HEASKEDMEOUT!! EEEPPPP!!!" she gushed as she began sqeualing in glee. My smile slightly faltered but was still on my face as I felt my heart being repeatedly stabbed again and again. His grip on his book tightened

"Congrats, I guess" I whispered with a bitter smile.

*Think of it this way Yixing, it's only a date. She might not like him in the end. It's not like she's in love with him.......right? Anyway, it's you fault for being a coward and not telling her how you feel*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 20 years old Yixing sat at the restaurant with Lijuan, their friend and of course her boyfriend, Luhan. Both have been going steady for about a year or so and seem to be madly in love with each other and Yixing can't do anything about it anymore. All were eating, chit-chatting and sharing a few laughs here and there when Luhan suddenly cleared his throat catching everyone's attention. Yixing's eyes immediately flew to Lijuan who was clutching onto Luhan's hand. Both were sharing secret smiles at each other. Yixing somehow felt uncomfortable almost fearing at what is going to happen next.

"Guys, as you know me and Luhan have been dating for a year now" she began. Yixing felt his heart stop as she said the next words.

"We're.getting.married!" she exclaimed. His face became blank as his heart sank. His hands shaking as he tried to take even breaths while the whole table errupted into cheers and applause.

*No*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

All were inside the ballroom eyes on the bride and groom as they went into the dance floor for their first dance.

Pretzel Party: Dance, Dance, DANCE! :  wedding pictures pro pics recap seattle 643125001 PretzelWedEdit-9876

Yixing's heart ached as he saw his one and only love looking so beautiful,smiling and kissing...a man that wasn't him. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth.

"I would like to dedicate this song to the newly married couple especially to my.....best friend Lijuan. Take this as my wedding present for both of you. This song is called Tears Airport"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XoMALYE2iI&feature=player_embedded

I’ll be on my way with heavy luggage
But you’ll not by my side
The past days, hold you in my hands
The sudden leaving of you
Ruined my world

To walk at your side
My heart beats strongly
Parting tears flowed
Though can’t stop your feet
Sitting at the boarding gate
Pain in my chest
See you one last time
You act like a spoiled child
But never to me the day of next

Oh baby , don’t leave me alone
Oh baby, I’m still waiting for you
Oh baby, I just not want you to go
Let me be a part of you. 

Oh baby , don’t leave me alone
Oh baby, I’m still waiting for you
Oh baby, I just not want you to go
Let me be a part of you. 

My heart break when you go away.
Please tell me you love me still.
I’ll be right here with you.

Oh baby , don’t leave me alone
Oh baby, I’m still waiting fou you
Oh baby, I’ll never loose your hand
I can’t be apart from you

Endless tears end the happy day
Endless tears begin a sorrow day
Endless tears of you lose my way
With the indelible tears
I go on my life play

After he finished the song the couple shared a passionate kiss as the crowed errupted into cheers and whistles. Yixing left the stage and took a final glance and Lijuan and with a heavy heart, left.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After a few more songs Lijuan went around looking for Yixing wanting to have a dance with her bestfriend of course and wanting to thank him for the song that he wrote just for her wedding. She went around and asked almost every guest where he was but no one saw him. Her eyes began to prickle with tears.

"Don't tell me you left me at own wedding Zhang Yixing" she whispered under her breath when she saw Mrs. Zhang, his mother. She blinked away her tears not wanting her to see her tears.

"Mrs. Zhang!" she cried as she dashed towards her.

"Oh, Lijuan!" she cried in surprise.

"Have you seen Yixing" she asked.

Mrs. zhang's smile slowly faltered.

"Didn't he tell you.......he left immediately after the wedding to go to Korea" she said her voice barely a whisper. Lijuan froze in shock tears at the brim of her eyes threatening to fall.

"Why?" Lijuan mangaed to say

"He went off to continue his career in singing in Korea. He tried to have his flight changed to another day but they just won't so he stayed just until he could sing on your wedding. He said something about this being his promise to you" she said as she patted Lijuan's back

Lijuan began to sob as her tears fell down her cheeks

*That....that...Yixing.....still keeping his promise after all these years*

"But he didn't even say goodbye" Lijuan cried.

"Honey, I think this song was his goodbye for you" Mrs. Zhang explained as Lijuan continuedly sobbed 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Lijuan, I am leaving for you to live your life well with your new husband and for myself as well. I don't want to stay here and continuously watch along the sidelines as my heart ache goes on. But  no matter what you'll always be in heart ming and soul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they say: Love that we cannot have is the love that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WAH!!! Longest oneshot so far!! I've been listening to Lay's song "Tears Airport" the whole time while typing this up. I almost feel bad for him despite the fact that I wrote it, keke! Hope you guys enjoy this!!!

xoxo onewaddikt