Part 2

One In A Million [ONE-SHOT]

[Wooyoung’s POV]

Just as I shut my door, I secretly opened it again so I could see Heera walk into her door.

“Wooyoung, what are you doing? I thought you were going down to the supermarket to buy some stuff… There’s nothing in your hands…” Junho crept up behind me.

“Junho! I need you to do something for me.” I grabbed Junho’s arm and pleaded him.

[Heera’s POV]

“2PM? Isn’t that the band that you’re practically in love with?” Jooli asked me with a confused look on her face. All I could do was nod back in reply. My eyes were still fixed on Junho who was standing in front of me, as good looking as I saw him on computer.

“Hi and yes. I am Junho from 2PM. It’s nice to meet a fan.” He smiled as he held his hand out for me to shake.

I held my hand out to shake his.

“You two must be our new neighbors. It’s nice to meet you. What are your names?” He asked us.

“I’m Yoo Heera, and this is my friend, Lee Jooli. It’s nice to meet you too.” I tried my best not to stutter. But if he’s from 2PM that means Wooyoung must be living with him!

“By any chance, do all the members live together?” I asked him.

“Of course we do. So, I apologize if we get noisy. It’s not great living with six other guys in the same house. Everything goes wild.” He chuckled.

“No no, it’s fine. We understand.” I replied, shaking my head.

“How about we invite him in so we can shut the door? It’s chilly.” Jooli urged as she let Junho into our house.

“Wow, nice place you have here. It looks a lot more spacious then ours.” He laughed as he took a seat.

“Oh we have something for you. We thought you might need this because this area, the lights go off sometimes when it gets windy. And from the looks of it, it looks like tonight will be getting a bit windy. Just have it with you just in case.” Junho smiled as he handed us a box of lemon scented candles.

“These…” I gasped as I looked at the label. These are my favorite candles. The only person who would know would be Wooyoung.

“Someone told me to give you those. He said you’d like it.” Junho smiled when he saw my face with no expression.

“Who’s that someone?” Jooli asked.

“He’s… someone who cares a lot about Heera.” He smiled at her.

“Jooli… you have some explaining to do…” Jooli stared at me with her lips scrunched into a straight line.

“Afterwards, but first what I need to know is… Junho, how is he?” I asked him. Junho knows who I’m talking about.

“He’s doing great. He’s back to his old self.” He replied.

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“I remember when I first met Wooyoung he was a really out-going person. But there this one period when he wasn’t like himself. He couldn’t concentrate on anything. I’m sure it had to do with a letter he received.” Junho explained while he had his finger on his chin in a thinking position.

“A letter? By any chance, did you see what the letter said?” I asked him.

“I didn’t. But the envelope was really special. It had gold letters on the front along wi—“ He stopped all of a sudden and then pointed to something.

“Just like that one over there!” He pointed at a envelope in my bag. Sure enough, I remember it was the same envelope I used to give to Wooyoung five years ago.

“Junho… is it okay if I go over and talk with Wooyoung?” I asked him.

“Sure. Yeah, no problem.” He said as he got up from his seat. Both Jooli and I followed him over to their door.

When the door opened, the first thing I saw were the six boys all sitting on the floor watching something on TV. I looked and saw that it was my first musical back in high school. Both Wooyoung and I had the main role. That was when I first started to fall in love with him.

Then, Wooyoung turned his head around and looked straight into my eyes.

“Wooyoung…” I breathed out his name.

“Heera!” He shouted as he got up and hugged me.

“It’s been so long!” He said to me as everyone else was staring at us.

“Yeah, so long…” I said as he let go. The feelings were all rushing back. I could feel my heartbeat beating so fast, it felt like I was going to explode.

I took a close look at his face. The Wooyoung who was standing in front of me now had a huge grin on his face. His cheeks were not as puffy as they were five years ago. And eye bags have grown under his shiny eyes. His hair was no longer long and flat. It was short and spiked up now. To be honest, he looks a lot better in real life then in the computer.

Then I heard someone cough. I looked up and started to blush because I noticed everyone was staring at us.

“Uh… let me introduce the members.” Wooyoung scratched his head as the six other members stood in a line.

“Well, you’ve already met Junho. This one here is Junsu. And in order goes Taecyeon, Jaebeom, Nickhun, and our youngest member, Chansung.” Wooyoung introduced all the members to me.

“Nice to meet you all. My name is Yoo Heera and this is my friend Lee Jooli. We both came here from Canada. I’m a really big fan of you guys.” I introduced myself.

“What about you Jooli? Are you a fan of us?” Junsu asked her.

“She doesn’t know who we are.” Junho replied for her.

Everyone looked stunned as Jooli looked calm.

“Is there something on my face?” Jooli asked as her fingers started searching her face.

Everyone shook their head as Jaebeom went into the kitchen to prepare dinner. As for me, I was still standing still like a mannequin. I couldn’t believe that not only could I see Wooyoung again, but I’m standing in the same room with 2PM.

“Heera, aren’t you going to sit down?” Jooli pulled on my sleeve to get me to sit down beside her. I noticed that the musical on TV was now switched to a video game on the Wii.

“Who wants to challenge me to Wii tennis?!” Junho shouted.

“Tennis? I will!” Jooli shouted in response as she grabbed the other controller and prepared herself.

Wooyoung came over and sat down next to me.

“Let’s go up to the roof top.” He said as he pulled me from my seat and out the door.

“Wow… the city looks so beautiful from up here.” I gasped as I absorbed the scene in front of me.

“This is my favorite place to be. I come up here to dance and have some time to myself if I need to think. It’s great cause no one can bother you.” Wooyoung said as he took a seat on a bench.

“I’m glad you’re doing good Wooyoung. And it’s great to see you again.” I smiled at him.

“It’s great to see you again too. I missed the old times.” He chuckled.

“If you weren’t so busy, we could hang out. But nooo! You’re a popular celebrity now. You don’t have time to hang out with little people like me.” I laughed.

“Hey! If it’s for you Yoo Heera, I’ll have time. Anything for my best friend.” He said.

“Haha… Best friend. Right…” I mumbled quietly. How I wish we could be more than just best friends.

“What’d you say?” Wooyoung turned to me.

“Uhh… nothing.” I replied back.

“So, how have you been these five years? Anything new? Got a boyfriend yet?” He asked me.

“All I’ve been doing is studying. And no, no one wants me unlike you. I’m pretty sure all the girls in Korea are falling in love with you.” I laughed.

“Those are just fans. There’s just one person who I care about.” He quietly said.

“Who?!” I suddenly shouted.

“I mean… Who stole our Wooyoung’s heart?” I gave a fake laugh.

“Secret.” He smiled with a wink.

“Oh come on Jang Wooyoung. I’ve known you for so long and you can’t trust me with a secret?” I puffed my cheeks.

“You’ll know, soon.” He winked again as he shut his eyes.

‘I’ll know soon? What does he mean?’ I thought to myself.

“You know… we’re actually having our very first concert next Friday. You should come. I can give you tickets for you and your friend.” Wooyoung suggested.

“Sure, I want to see how good you guys do when I watch you live.” I laughed.

“No worries, this concert has a surprise that you’ll never forget.” He smiled.

That night, Wooyoung and I caught up on everything that we missed through the five years. We talked about the hardships, the winning times, the smiles, and the new friends. It felt like Wooyoung and I were never separated. The feelings were all back. I knew I had fallen deeper for him. There was no deny. When Wooyoung was talking to me, it felt like he still looked at me as a best friend. I couldn’t feel any strong feelings coming off of him. He treated and talked to me like before.

I felt hurt that he didn’t seem to like me more than a friend. But I felt happy that I was able to see him again.

After that night on the roof, I didn’t get to see him often because he had to go to practice and training for the upcoming concert. We did text each other when he had the chance. And sometimes if he got home early enough, we’d have dinner together. All of 2PM, Jooli, and I.

The day before the concert, Junho came over to our place.

“Hey Junho, what’s up?” I asked him. We had become quite close. I don’t see them as someone famous anymore. I see 2PM as boys who are friends.

“I’ve come to deliver the tickets for tomorrow’s concert.” He smiled widely as he gave me an envelope.

“Thanks. Good luck tomorrow. I’ll make sure to bring big signs for you guys so you can see spot us out in the crowd of millions.” I joked.

“You might not need to make them.” He smiled.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You’ll find out. Where’s Jooli?” He suddenly asked.

“I think she’s in her room.” I replied.

“Okay thanks!” He smiled as he made a dash towards Jooli’s room as I sat down on the couch.

A couple seconds later, Jooli and Junho came out of the room.

“Heera, I’m going out for a bit. Don’t wait up for me. I’ve got keys.” She shouted as she put her shoes on.

“Should Junho be sleeping rather than going out?” I asked with my eyebrow raised.

“The concerts during the evening.” Jooli laughed as they headed out the door.

“Those two… might as well get together.” I laughed to myself after they left.

I opened up the envelope which had the concert tickets inside. I gasped as I saw what kind of tickets they were. They were VIP tickets. That meant that I could sit down in the front and watch them an arm length away. And I can go backstage with them.

“Wooyoung, is this the surprise you were talking about?” I wondered to myself.

-----CONCERT EVENING-----

[Wooyoung’s POV]

“Looks like we got a full crowd tonight.” Jaebeom came and sat down in front of me in the changing room.

“We better not screw up. This is our first official concert after all.” Taecyeon said.

“Hey! There’s Heera and Jooli!” Junho pointed out.

I looked and sure enough, Heera was sitting down with Jooli flipping through the brochure JYPE gave out.

“Wooyoung, you’re my idol. I can’t believe you’re going to do it in front of that much fans.” Junho said to me.

Junho and the rest of 2PM had agreed on helping me with a little something. I had already asked JYP for agreement and he has already agreed. The only problem left is the fans.

‘She doesn’t know if, but my feelings are strong…’ I thought in my head just as the staffs came into urge us out.

“WHAT TIME IS IT?!” The speakers in the concert room blasted.

“2PM!” Everyone shouted as the curtains opened up and the seven of us danced our way out.

[Heera’s POV]

The beginning of the concert was awesome. 2PM came out one by one and danced to the beat. The entire show was just perfect. Everyone was cheering and 2PM performed with power and passion. It was definitely a performance of a lifetime.

“And now! For the last performance of the night! Let’s give a big hand for our very own Jang Wooyoung with his solo!” A voice announced.

The room went dark instantly and a light was flashed onto the stage in front of me. There stood Wooyoung in a very nice looking suit, a banquet of white roses in his hand.

“Only you niga anim nal gochil su eobseo nandasi useul su ga eobseo it’s only you my baby its only you~~” He started to sing.

The more he sang, the closer he got to the front of the stage. And suddenly, he looked up from the ground and looked straight into my eyes as he said the words ‘It’s only you my baby it’s only you~”

And from behind him, a screen appeared. On the screen were the words ‘Yoo Heera. I don’t want you to be my high school best friend. I want you to be one in a million.’

As I read those words, I felt myself bursting with tears. Not because there were millions of fans trying to kill me, not because I got front row tickets, not because he put words on the screen. It was because my feelings of waiting for him for five years did not go to waste. Those feelings were returned back.

As the music stopped, he jumped down from the stage and walked right up to me.

“Heera, I should have said these words five years ago. But I was stupid. I hope it’s not too late to say it now. I love you.” He said.

That instant, all the fans in the audience were screaming. But what was surprising was the word they were screaming.

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” They chanted.

“The fans are approving. So I guess that means, I love you too, Wooyoung.” I smiled as I gave him a kiss on the lips as the crowd went wild.

Just as the fan’s noises were dying down, they were heard once again. I turned my head sideways to see something obvious.

“Junho?! Jooli?!” Wooyoung shouted with confusion.

Junho and Jooli were now seen kissing each other. And once again the crowd went wild.

I guess love is worth the wait if the results are worth it. But you never know what the future holds. Just trust yourself in making the best decision. Don’t give up.