Part 1

One In A Million [ONE-SHOT]

note: There will be two parts to this


---------------------------------


[Wooyoung’s POV]

-----FIVE YEARS AGO-----

‘Wooyoung, I’m really sorry I didn’t get a chance to tell you this in person. I tried contacting you this last week, but it seems like you’re really busy with your training. It’s okay, I understand, so no need to feel sorry. I’m going to Canada to study for the last couple years of high school. I hope by the time I come back you still remember me. Please work hard in your training! We’ll always be best friends!’

“Heera… I promise you, we’ll be together forever. If you hadn’t left so suddenly, I would have taken the courage in confessing to you.” I mumbled to myself after I read the letter.

Here I am training with the rest of my friends. Ever since I was young, my dream was to become a star that everyone knew. And now that I’ve been accepted in one of Korea’s top companies, I’m not letting this chance get away.

“Come back soon Heera.” I whispered.

“Yah! Wooyoung, hurry and practice!” I heard my friend, Junho call out to me as I placed the letter back into my bag and rushed over to start my warm-ups.

-----PRESENT TIME-----

[Heera’s POV]

“Ahhh. It feels great to be back in Korea after five years.” I exclaimed as I stretched my arms. I had just arrived in Seoul, Korea with my best friend Jooli. Both of us studied in Canada for a while. Jooli was the first friend I met when I arrived in Canada. And since we both just graduated from high school, we decided to come back to Korea to have some fun.

“At least you’ve only been gone for five years. I’ve been gone for eight! I don’t even remember where everything is. I practically forgot the language too.” Jooli chuckled as we walked out of the airport with our belongings.

“Well, at least we have a place to stay. I’m so glad my parents let us stay at our old house. I’m surprised they didn’t sell it off yet.” I said as I took out the piece of paper that had my apartment address written on it.

“I’m so thankful to have your parents. My parents already sold our house in Korea.” Jooli thanked as we got into a taxi and gave the driver the address.

“So, are you going to call up your old friends to hang out? Especially that one boy called… Wooyoung was it?” She asked me as the driver started the car and sped off. I never told Jooli that Wooyoung was in training. Actually, Wooyoung has already debuted for almost two years. I’ve been paying attention to all of his news. He’s currently in a boy band consisting of seven people, called 2PM. At first I thought the name was a bit weird and unusual. But I later found out the meaning behind it. 2PM. The hottest time of the day. And from what I can tell, they’ve been gaining more and more popularity recently. Seeing Wooyoung up on the stage, singing and dancing with passion, makes me really happy for him. But luckily, Jooli’s not really into Korean stuff, so she didn’t know any so-called band boys.

“I don’t know if I still have their numbers. And I really doubt I’ll be able to find him. He’s really busy these days.” I replied.

“I know you’re practically in love with him even though you haven’t seen him for five years. You can’t just let those feelings go away. I know it may sound cliché, but, go find your love!” She exclaimed with a huge smile.

“Oh Jooli…” I laughed as I gave her a big hug. She would always have a way of cheering me up when I’m done. If I didn’t have her, I wouldn’t have the courage to come back to Korea by myself.

“I thought Korea was supposed to be warm? I never thought it’d be as cold as Canada.” Jooli whined.

“At least they don’t get as much snow as Canada. It hardly snows, and when it does, it so little, you can’t even make a snowman out of it.” I pointed out to her.

“Good. I don’t want to be slipping around and falling on my when the snow turns to ice.” She sighed as she relaxed her back into the cushion of the car seat.

Soon the taxi made another stop and this time it was our stop. We had arrived at our apartment. I thanked the driver and we took our stuff and brought it into the tall building. Once we were on our floor, I took out my keys and unlocked the door, revealing my old home.

“Wow… is this even an apartment? I think I’ve got to call it a house from now on. I mean look! It even has a second floor. And plus, it looks pretty tidy.” Jooli pointed out after dragging her stuff into the house and putting them on the ground.

“Yeah, my parents wanted a bigger place. They had lots of stuff to put around. And sometimes, my aunt who lives in Pusan would come over and just sweep the dust every now and then. But it’s been a while since she’s on vacation in Canada seeing my parents.” I told her as I went into the kitchen to boil some hot water with the kettle.

I opened my fridge to see there was nothing in there. I guess it was time to go buy some food.

“Okay. This will be your room. And this is my room. The bathroom is over there. But my guess is that there are no more supplies in there. So we’ll have to go to the supermarket later on to buy some daily products.” I told her as I opened my room while Jooli went into hers.

I smiled as the memories hit me back. My bed was still there, my bookshelf was still there, and everything was the same as I left it five years ago.

After I was finished unpacking my stuff and organizing everything, I took out my lap top and hooked up the wireless internet. Then, I went on my favorite Korean site and browsed the daily happenings.

“2PM’s at it again! With another addicting song, they’ve got the award for this week’s Music Bank! Congrats to you seven and hope to see you win again!” I read out loud to myself. I wasn’t surprised. 2PM’s newest song, Heartbeat, has been gaining popularity just like their last single, Again and Again. This time with their zombie-like dance moves and the different endings, they deserve The Best Group award.

(Author’s Note: Yes, 2PM is still a seven person group in this fanfic. I believe, without Jaebeom, it’s not 2PM.)

Without even knowing, Jooli had appeared in front of me with a smile on her face.

“Whoa! When did you get in here?” I asked her.

“Not too long ago. But you were smiling while reading that article there. You must love them a lot.” She replied pointing to my computer screen.

“Well, who wouldn’t? I mean, their music is addicting, they’ve got the looks, and they dance really well too. Jooli, you should really be more Korean.” I laughed as I stood up from my desk.

“Nah, I’m good. I’m a banana. Yellow on the outside, but white on the inside. I’m fine with living as a whitewash Asian.” She smiled as she followed me out of the room.

“Whatever you say.” I laughed.

“So, are we going down to the supermarket now? I’m getting kind of hungry.” I heard her stomach growl just as she finished her sentence.

“Let’s go grab some dinner first. Then we’ll head to the supermarket.” I chuckled as we put our jackets on and headed out the door. Even though I’ve been gone for so long, I still remember where some places are.

[Wooyoung’s POV]

With all the crazy fan girls, it seems like I can’t even walk out of the house without being caught and mobbed with them. But I’ve ran out of shaving cream and the nearest place I can get it is the supermarket across the street. The only way I can cross is by going through the back door of the building and taking the long way to the supermarket.

“Hey guys, I’m going to the supermarket to pick up a couple things.” I told the rest of my members before heading out and making my way down to the lobby and out the back door without anyone recognizing me. I did put on a pair of glasses, hat, and a scarf.

As I walked quickly across the street, I heard two girls giggling as they walked in front of me. One of them had a really unique laugh. She almost reminded me of someone.

“Yah, Heera! Stop daydreaming about them! That day’s never going to come.” I heard the other one laugh.

“Heera?” I felt my heart beat rapidly as I heard that familiar yet distant name. There could be lots of Heera’s in this world, but I was curious. I tried to walk a little faster so I could catch a glimpse.

Even after we entered the supermarket, I had totally forgotten about my own needs and had secretly followed the two females around the entire supermarket.

“Hey Heera, look at this! Wasn’t this that boy band you were looking at earlier?” One of the girls asked as she picked up a box of brownies.

I took a peek and saw that it was the brownies that we did a commercial for. And when the person called Heera was called, she turned around to take a look. This was when I took a good look at her.

“Heera…” I whispered as my eyes widened and concentrated on her face. I looked closely at her features. Her nose, , her skin, her hair. All the memories of us were coming back. It’s been five whole years since our separation. Through these five years, she’s grown more mature looking, more beautiful.

As Heera and her friend were both talking, I wanted to go up to her and expose myself. But as I looked around the supermarket, I saw young girls with their mom walking. I didn’t want to get Heera run over by fans. So I decided to quietly continue following them.

When they were finished shopping, they went out and started crossing the street again. Even though it was the evening, there were still quite a lot of people walking along the streets. So it was not obvious that I was following them. It wasn’t until they reached in front of a big tall building that I snapped back to reality. They were walking into the same building that I was living in. But luckily, the fans were now all gone. My guess was they got kicked away from the bodyguards.

“They live in the same building?...” I murmured to myself as I watched them wait for the elevator. Without thinking, I dashed just in time to get into the same elevator.

[Heera’s POV]

Just as the door was about to close, a man in black, a hat, glasses, and a scarf came rushing into the elevator. Being a bit sudden, I was shocked. I watched as he just walked over to the opposite side of where Jooli and I were standing. I couldn’t help but take a look at him. I looked at his eyes through his glasses and noticed he looked a bit familiar.

Just as the door opened, he took a glance at me. That moment, our eyes were connected to each other. I felt a strong power abruptly rise in me. This familiar look he gave me. I was getting curious. And just as I was about to ask him something, he left the elevator and scurried back to his own door.

“That’s one weird guy. Did you notice the way he stared at you?” Jooli said as we put our stuff down on our counter after getting back inside the house.

“There’s something odd about him… But I can’t put my finger on it.” I told her.

“Yeah really… What’s with the whole disguise look?” Jooli laughed as she grabbed an apple and started eating it.

My curiosity was taking over me as I placed things into the fridge and the cupboards.

“I guess he’s something I might have to put my eye on…” I mumbled quietly to myself.

DING DONG!

“I’ll get that.” Jooli exclaimed as she went to open the door.

“Hi… who are you looking for?” I heard Jooli ask when she opened the door.

“You don’t know who I am?” I heard a voice reply.

“Am I supposed to?” Jooli chuckled.

“Who is it Jooli?” I shouted from the kitchen.

“I don’t know who he is.” She shouted back.

I wiped my hands dry because I was washing the vegetables. Then I walked to the door. But when I got to the door, my mouth fell open in surprise.

“You’re… Junho of 2PM…” I gasped with my hands covering my mouth.