Not really...

Are You...Happy?

A/N: Another one-shot, featuring, EXO-M's Luhan. He's such a cutie!!!! *fan-girl* Anways, have a pleasant read, and comments are most welcomed! Tell me what you think about this one okay? Thank you for your time and for reading this! *bows*

 

 

His eyes bore into me as I kept on a poker face, as I was fighting mentally with my own heart. Fighting the tears, the urge to just let it all out, let myself back to being the ever so carefree me.

 

And not care about the consequences; not caring about what others would say, or how I would hurt others in my own pursuit of happiness.

 

I pluck up the courage, just this once, and put on my best, happiest and most sincere smile on my face. This should be believable. I have had this practiced in front of the mirror ever so often; it must come off as believable.

 

He walked a step closer as I retreat; making the distance between us remained as big as it was.

 

Lulu, are you okay? He was concerned. I don't need concern. I just need...

 

Yeah, I'm okay. Why shouldn't I? I am such a fake!

 

I was thinking, that maybe you and me, we were...- he trailed of, leaving his words hung in the air, maybe leaving me to complete it. Maybe.

 

Don't worry about me. You and me, we're still and will always be...friends. I already hate myself over this.

 

He was taken aback by my words. But then, he put on that smile, heart melting smile, the one that had me falling, toppling down, tumbling over my own steps, and it was that same smile that got my heart...broken.

 

Okay, take care and have a safe journey home. He said, like he always would, every time.

 

You know I would, unlike somebody I know. I said, referring to him as I smirked and he did the same, understanding. Congratulations anyway! I wished him once more. He nodded, smiling.

 

Good night and good bye Luhan. I waved at him in that distance between us and turned around, walking away from him.

 

I am going to regret this, but I am willing to take that chance. This is the right thing to do.

 

Lulu! I heard Luhan's voice loud, calling out my name. I spun my body and face him, a few meters away. 

 

Saranghae!!!! he shouted into the night, his voice filling the empty spaces of the quiet street in the dead of the night. He even had his hands over his head, making the 'heart' sign and he jumped slightly in the air, again, with that smile that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

 

Don't do that ever again. You're engaged now. Your fiancée will murder me if she finds out. I scold him, laughing.

 

But I really do-... he said and was about to continue something but I cut him off

 

Now go home, your fiancée is gonna be worried looking out for you, if she knows that you're missing from the party. He looked disappointed, I don't know why, and I am not going to find out why. I am afraid to know any further, afraid that I won't be able to restrain myself from the damage that I foresee if I let my curiosity gets the best of me.

 

 

He waved and walked away, we both walked away, from each other. That is the best that I can do for the both of us. I am doing this because this is the least that I can do, me, respecting and honoring our friendship. I force a step...forward. Don't look back, I try telling myself.

 

A single drop of tear found its way down my cheek. Nado, saranghae... My voice came as a whisper, as those last words were said.

 

It's an irony that once, a long time ago, I have ever thought that we would end up together. Just because our name is almost the same, well his nickname is my name, Lulu.