Bitter Chocolate & Bubble Tea

Bitter Chocolate & Bubble Tea

 

They were the only members left in the dorm. Pregnant silence conquered the living room excluding the sound emitted by the television. None of them was willing to break the long silence.

 

Jongin bit his inner cheek. He did not like the situation at all. His eyes searched for the younger boy's figure from the corner of his eyes. The boy had his eyes glued to the television without much expression. Jongin heaved a sigh at the sight. Sehun was his best friend. They were inseparable. If there was Jongin, Sehun would be there. If there was Sehun, Jongin would be there. Even their hyung had problems to make the two part from each other. But recently, Sehun had been avoiding him. He did talk to him but he would talk in cold voice. If before he would beam every time he saw Jongin, now his eyes were cold. No more clingy Oh Sehun on Kim Jongin. And Jongin was hurting so bad because of the distance the younger boy created between them. He wondered what had he done to deserve such cold treatment from the boy.

 

Jongin inhaled his air. "Where did the all the hyung go?" He took the step to break the sickening silence.

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders. "No idea."

 

Jongin's heart twitched in pain at those two words. They were short and cold. They were like icicles stabbed on his chest. He gritted his teeth and gripped his fist to endure in pain inside. His warm and cheerful best friend was no longer there. Sitting beside him was a cold and dark Oh Sehun.

 

"I'm going to the kitchen. Need anything?" Jongin offered. He needed to retreat somewhere to fix his broken heart. And the kitchen might be the right place as Jongin had the habit to stuff himself with food when he was sad and down.

 

Sehun did not even turn to look at the older boy. "No."

 

Jongin could not take it anymore. Quickly, he stormed off to the kitchen, leaving the younger one alone in the living room. Jongin grabbed the edge of the sink. His breathing was hitching. His eyes were swelling with water. His sight went blurry because of the tears. He bit his trembling lower lip to refrain any sob coming out from his mouth. He was deeply hurt by Sehun's attitude. He had lost his best friend for no reason. It hurt him like hell. He pressed his fist against his mouth as his man tears ran down swiftly. Why are you being like this, Sehun? What did I do wrong? His tears did not show the sign to stop. Those tears were the words that he could not bring himself to tell Sehun. Those tears showed how much he missed his best friend. His best friend that would practice until midnight with him. His best friend that would buy him bubble tea after practices. His best friend that would hug and cry along with him when he broke down. He had lost Oh Sehun.

 

Jongin the pipe and splashed the running water to his face. After he dried his face, he headed to the refrigerator to find any available food that would make him a little happier. He spotted a bar of untouched chocolate and reached for it. But his hand stopped in mid-air as he noticed the thing next to the chocolate bar. It was the bubble tea that Sehun bought yesterday, untouched as well. Jongin's heart swelled with pain again. The thought of Sehun would never buy bubble tea for him again killed him inside. Heaving the heaviest sigh he could have that day, he grabbed the chocolate bar and the bubble tea before closing the refrigerator.

 

He came back into the living room. He noticed Sehun was still in the same position. He placed the bubble tea on the table, a bit to Sehun's direction, hoping that the younger boy would notice it. He slumped himself on the couch, unwrapped the chocolate bar and took a bite. Jongin almost choked at the taste of the chocolate. It was so bitter. He took a good look at the chocolate. No wonder it's so dark. Yet, the bitterness of the chocolate was nothing compared to the bitterness of his heart. So, he decided to eat the chocolate. Somehow, it was not bitter anymore.

 

Sehun noticed the bubble tea on the table and raised a questioning eyebrow. He sighed in annoyance. "What is that?"

 

Jongin was taken aback by the sudden question that he actually went panic. He sat up straight and stopped eating the chocolate. "Your bubble tea," Jongin answered nervously.

 

Sehun scoffed. "I know that's my bubble tea. But why is it on the table?" The tone in his voice showed that he was not amused to see the thing.

 

Jongin's face fell. "I thought you might want to drink it," he said faintly but loud enough to be heard. The old Sehun would be jumping around the place if anyone brought the bubble tea for him. But not this Sehun who was sitting beside Jongin.

 

"Didn't I tell you that I don't need anything?" Sehun raised his voice at the older boy. "Are you deaf or something?"

 

Jongin's eyes widened. Never before the old Oh Sehun raise his voice like that to him. Jongin gritted his teeth hard and clenched his fists. His patience ran out. He could not stand it anymore. He grabbed Sehun's arm and made the younger boy faced him. "What is wrong with you, Sehun?"

 

Sehun was astounded at the action of the older boy. Sehun yanked his arm from Jongin. "What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine! What's your problem?" He jabbed Jongin's chest.

 

Jongin could not believe this was the same Oh Sehun who was so sweet to everyone. Now, he had the huge urge to punch and beat the crap out of this alien Oh Sehun. "No, you're not fine! And it's not me who has problem but it's you!" Jongin pointed his forefinger at the younger boy.

 

Sehun eyed the bubble tea on the table and let out a scoff. "You want me to drink that bubble tea so bad?" He reached for the bubble tea and took a sip of it. "Happy?"

 

Jongin snatched the bubble tea from Sehun and slammed it on the table. "This got nothing to do with the bubble tea, Oh Sehun! It's you!" Jongin shouted at the younger boy. The ignorant attitude of Sehun really hurt him badly inside.

 

Sehun scoffed and looked at the older boy with a scowl. "Tsk! There's nothing wrong with me. I'm all good." He tried to get up from the couch when Jongin yanked him back. "What the heck?! What was that for?!"

 

Swiftly, Jongin grabbed both of Sehun's wrists, placed his legs between the latter one's and pinned his wrists on both sides of Sehun's head. "What is wrong with you, Sehun?" Jongin stared at the boy underneath him. His eyes were threatening to burst into tears again. "What did I do wrong?"

 

Sehun was caught off guard as he looked into the older boy's eyes. They were sad and glistening with water. Sehun's heart ached at the sight. It was his first time seeing the cool Kim Jongin with so much pain in his eyes. "Hyung," he managed to say.

 

Jongin shut his eyes tightly and his tears ran down again. "Did I do something wrong, Sehun?" A sob escaped from his throat. His head was hurting so much from the tears. "Tell me. Did I do something wrong?"

 

Sehun felt his heart torn into pieces as he watched the water ran down from Jongin's eyes and dropped to his own cheeks. His lips were moving but he could not say anything. He had never seen Jongin so devastated before.

 

Jongin released Sehun's wrists and slammed his own palms aggressively on the couch. "What did I do wrong, Oh Sehun?" He could feel his heart break at each of his own words. He opened his eyes and looked straight to Sehun's eyes. "Why are you avoiding me?"

 

Sehun felt his own eyes were blurring when he looked at the crying Jongin. His hand reached for Jongin face and wiped away the tears. "Don't cry, hyung. Please don't cry." Yet, his own voice was cracking.

 

His heart was doing wild dances inside his chest when Sehun's skin came in contact with his. It felt so warm against his. How he missed the warmness of the boy's touches. "You selfish bastard!" Jongin cried even harder. "You're the one who made me cry! Damn it!" He slammed his fist on the couch again.

 

Sehun was at the verge of breaking down to see endless tears flowing from Jongin's eyes. "I'm sorry, hyung. I'm so sorry. Please don't cry."

 

Jongin was growing weak because of the tears. He did not want to cry anymore. He was tired and sad. So, he let his body collapsed onto Sehun's body. He rested his head on the juncture of Sehun's neck. The younger boy felt ridiculously warm against him. He could smell the scent of Sehun's hair. How he missed the warmness of the boy's body. "Why are you setting a distance between us, Sehun?"

 

Sehun shivered at the hot breaths tickling his neck. The heat of Jongin's body was making him fuzzy inside. He felt his world was spinning. Jongin smelled like Jongin. The older boy's pleasant scent lingered around his body. "I'm sorry, hyung," he apologized again. Drops of water ran down his cheeks.

 

Jongin's eyes opened in shock when he felt foreign warm water came in contact with his cheek. He had his hands to support his body weight to look at the younger boy. His heart ached and softened at the same time at the sight. Guiltiness rushed over him. He wiped Sehun's tears with his thumb. "What did I do wrong to you, Sehun?"

 

Sehun shook his head fervently and cried harder. "You did nothing wrong, hyung." Sobs escaped from his lovely lips. "It's me who was wrong."

 

Jongin could not understand a thing. As far as he remembered, Sehun had not made any mistake or fault recently. He kept on wiping Sehun's tears away. "What do you mean, Sehun?" Sehun cried harder. "Oh God, please stop crying." Jongin was getting worried to see the youngest member of the group cried so he wrapped his arms around Sehun's body. And God, Sehun's warmness was driving him crazy.

 

"It's me who was wrong, hyung," Sehun repeated the same sentence again and wrapped his arms around Jongin. He felt so comforted in Jongin's embrace.

 

"You know that you can always tell me your problem, Sehun," Jongin whispered those words to the younger boy's ear. "We are not best friends for nothing."

 

There was no answer.

 

"That's my problem, hyung," Sehun finally said. "Being your best friend is my problem." He started to cry again.

 

Jongin had his hands on both sides of Sehun's head. Jongin's face fell at the statement. "Why? Is it because you hate me?" Jongin bit his trembling lower lip. Sehun just told him that being his best friend was the problem. His heart shattered even more.

 

"No." Sehun shook his head and took Jongin's face in his palms. "Instead," he paused. "It's the other way around."

 

Jongin could not understand what Sehun was talking about. "What do you mean?"

 

"I'm disgusted by myself, hyung." Sehun's tears ran down again. "I know it's wrong to have this feeling but I can't help it." He caressed Jongin's cheeks gently.

 

Jongin grew even curious. But at the same time, his heart was exploding with weird feeling as Sehun caressed his face. His eyes searched the younger boy's face. He was crying but he still looked so breathtaking in Jongin's eyes. Maybe he had missed the boy too much but he noticed how beautiful Sehun was. Sehun had always been the cute one but somehow, in Jongin's eyes, Sehun was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

 

"Do you know how painful it was to me to ignore and avoid you?"

 

Jongin caressed Sehun's cheek. "Then why, Sehun?" He could not help but to wonder how Sehun managed to ignore him if it was killing the younger boy inside. Jongin could never do that. How could he ever avoid the person that made him smile every morning? How could he ever avoid the person who cheered him up when he was down? How could he ever avoid the person who had become the most important person for him in his life?

 

"I'm in love with you." Sehun finally confessed the deepest secret of his and his tears showed no mercy as they kept on coming out from his eyes.

 

Jongin was flabbergasted. Did I hear that right? His heart was beating loudly inside yet an essence of happiness was trailing against the lining of his very heart. "What did you say?"

 

Sehun cried harder. "I'm in love with you, Jongin hyung. Not as a group member. Not as a hyung." He pressed his fist against his mouth before he uncovered it again. "I love you as Kim Jongin. I love you."

 

Jongin felt his world danced in circle around him. His breathing became heavy as his heart was filled with so many emotions. Confused, angry, joy. The three mixed inside him, making his stomach swirled. But he could not deny that the joy took the largest part of him. The joy of having his best friend in his arms back. The joy of having his best friend confessing his unspoken love to him. The joy of having Oh Sehun's very heart.

 

"I want to be the first person you see every morning. I want you to give me your first smile like I want to give you mine. I want to be last person you see so I will stay in your mind until you fall asleep. I want to touch you intimately and drown in your warm embraces. I want you for myself. I want nothing but you. I want you, Kim Jongin." Sehun poured his heart out, accompanied by his tears.

 

Jongin could not help but to curve an affectionate smile at the younger boy's words. His heart fluttered at every word. The way Sehun said his name sent shivers to his body. His breathing became heavier when he felt Sehun's warm breaths against his face. He connected their foreheads together. Finally, he realized how much Sehun meant to him. Sehun was always there for Jongin. Sehun would be hurting when Jongin was hurting. Sehun would be the happiest person when Jongin was happy. And Jongin felt the same way. Jongin would always want Sehun to be the first person to know about his happiness, to know about his sadness, to know about his uncertainties. It was always Sehun. Sehun meant much more than a group member, a dongsaeng and even a best friend to him. He was indeed in love with Oh Sehun.

 

"But I know it was wrong. So, I was trying to stop this feeling before it's too late. But then, it was too late. I love you so much, hyung. It hurts every part of my heart." Sehun's nails sank into Jongin's shoulder. "I know you don't feel the sa-"

 

Jongin pressed his lips gently against the younger boy's lips. It was a gentle sweet kiss. It was his first kiss and he had given it to the person who deserved it the most. His heart was making loud noises inside him again at the taste of Sehun's lips. He had never tasted something like them that before. They were soft and sweet. Just liked Sehun. He tore the innocent kiss and gazed at the younger one lovingly. "Don't decide my feelings for me," he said with a smile.

 

Sehun was stunned. His eyes were wide opened. His best friend just kissed him. His beloved Jongin kissed him. He shook his head and quickly shut his eyes. "This must be a dream. This must be a dream." There was no way it was a reality. It was just too good to be true for him. Again, he felt the same pair of lips pressed against his again. He half-opened his eyes and he saw Jongin, kissing him again. His stomach churned at the kiss.

 

Jongin decided to show Sehun that it was not a dream. Slowly, he started gently on Sehun's lower lip, which made the younger boy gasped in shock. Sehun did not know how to react at such intimate act and his body was burning with desires. His hands found their way to Jongin's hair, clutching him closer. A moan escaped from Sehun's throat when he felt Jongin's tongue ran along his lips, asking for entrance. Sehun blushed madly at his own moan and stopped himself from doing so when he felt Jongin's smirk on his lips. Jongin did that magic again and this time Sehun surrendered as he parted his lips. Jongin's tongue caressed the younger boy's, elicited more moans from the other. Their mouths moved in unison, making them breathless but none wanted to stop. Sehun's his fingers were tied into knots in Jongin's head, clutching him tighter against him, if possible. After a good minute, they parted from each other's mouth as their lungs screamed for air. Chests were moving up and down rapidly with unbroken eye contact. Both lips were reddened, swollen, still beating from the long kiss.

 

Still panting, Jongin caressed the younger boy's jawline. His heart was overflowing with affectionate towards the boy."I love you, too, Oh Sehun," he conveyed his feeling against Sehun's lips. "I want you as much as you want me." Jongin shook his head. "No. I want you more." He connected their foreheads once more just to feel Sehun's warm breaths against his face.

 

The feelings inside Sehun's heart were indescribable. But he knew that he was happy. Happy to know that his feelings were returned. Happy to know that he owned a very special place in Kim Jongin's heart. The missing piece of his heart had finally returned to its place.

 

Sehun leaned in and kissed the older boy lightly on the lips. "You taste like bitter chocolate."

 

With an amused smile, Jongin kissed the younger boy back. "And you taste like bubble tea."

 

The sounds of plastic bags dropped to the floor made the two boys sat up immediately in response.

 

Kyungsoo was still holding the door knob. With his mouth slightly opened, his eyes were so wide that they almost showed all of the white parts of his eyes. "Err, did I come home at the wrong time?"

 


 

 

The End.

Gosh, did I really write this thing?

Ugh. I am as ridiculous as always.

The mixture of the genres made me sick and I want to punch myself. Ugh.

I am tremendously sorry that all of you have to endure with my weirdness.

(The last part is my fave to be very honest. Got to love my Kyungsoo.)

Gosh, why can't I improve myself more?

I am such a sad person.

Thank  you for reading, you~