Noona knows best

Noona Knows Best

SM town in Taiwan had just ended and everyone in SM family was happy because it had gone very well. Having concerts together was a good way of bonding and they enjoyed having fun with their labelmates.

Like I said, everyone was happy. Well, at least some of they were. On the changing room, there was Suho, Exo K's leader and guardian. He always had a bright smile on his face but deep inside, he was really sad because something had happened during the concert that had made him depressed.

He was alone because s had gone out for food to celebrate and he had told them to go ahead and not wait for him.

He threw himself in the couch and stared at the ceiling, thinking once again of what had happened. He sighed and held back his tears because as much as he thought about it, he didn’t know what he had done wrong.

Suddenly he heard the door opening and he got up startled.

“Oh sorry, I thought there was no one here” she said smiling to him.

“It’s ok noona” Suho replied, smiling back. Jessica smiled once again and then looked at him closely.

“Suho, are you ok?” she asked a little bit concerned and he was shocked by the sudden question. Jessica sat next to him on the couch and stared at him once again, making him feel really nervous.

“What do you mean noona? I’m perfectly fine” he lied and looked away blushed

“You can hide your sadness behind that smile of yours Suho, but your eyes will never lie” Jessica suddenly said, surprising him even more. He looked at her still shocked.

“H-how do you know about that?” he asked feeling really nervous because his secret had just been revealed

“People always think they can hide their sadness behind fake smiles but eyes are the mirror of the soul, your eyes would never lie” she replied and that surprised him. She had this façade of being an ice princess but actually, she was really a warm hearted person.

“So tell me… what’s wrong?” she asked putting her hand on his shoulder. He sighed and looked at her. He knew in that moment that he couldn’t lie anymore. They weren’t very close but he felt like he could tell her what he was feeling. He always thought she was the arrogant and cold noona but he realized that she was actually really nice and caring.

She didn’t know how exactly she could help him but she felt like asking. As a noona and sunbae, she felt like it was her duty to be a guide for her dongsaengs, especially this one. He was so pure and innocent and such a nice guy that she couldn’t understand why would he be suffering so much. She felt like she had to do anything that it was possible to make him feel better because he didn't deserve to feel like that.

“Noona, do you think I’m a bad leader?” he suddenly asked and she was surprised but chuckled.

“Of course not” she said still chuckling a little “What’s makes you think that?”

“Well… I’ve received a lot criticism about my leadership” he said looking down very sad “They said I cannot control my members as well as Kris hyung does”

“We all know that EXO K members are more childish and playful than M, but that doesn’t make you a bad leader, Joonmyun ah” she said smiling to him. “Besides your members respect you and  love you”

“Apparently not all of them” Suho said smiling faintly. His statement surprised her a lot.

“Who are you talking about?” Jessica asked confused

“I’m talking about Jongin” he said sadly and Jessica could just mutter an ‘Oh’. She knew what he was talking about because she had read a lot of comments on the internet about Kai being hostile towards Suho. How he would look annoyed whenever Suho tried to initiate skinship with him. The poor Suho was just trying to be nice and Kai was being a little bit mean sometimes. Well, actually nobody really knew what was going on in Jongin's mind, so nobody really had the right to judge him.

“Whenever I try to approach him, he just looks annoyed and today when I tried to hug him, he just shrugged off. And it’s not the first time he does that” he said sounding really sad. She could tell he was truly hurt about it. “I wonder why he dislikes me so much…”

Jessica looked at him and felt his sadness. She thought she wouldn’t be able to help but she really could relate to what he was talking about. She was almost in the same situation with her own leader…

“I know what you mean” she said sighing and Suho looked at her surprised

“How is that possible?” he asked shocked “Noona, your members love you. We all know that”

“Like you said, apparently not all of them” she replied with sadness in her eyes “You know how I always try to get Taeyeon’s attention but she always ignores me.”

Suho was speechless at the sudden confession. He had heard rumors about something wrong with their relationship but he thought it was all just rumors until he heard it come out of her own mouth.

“I’ve been trying to figure out what I have done wrong to make her hate me so much but I really don’t know the answer” she said with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She looked so vulnerable in that moment that he felt like hugging her, so he did. He suddenly wrapped his strong arms around her and pulled her into a tight embrace, surprising her very much.

“I don’t know what’s on Taeyeon noona’s mind but I’m sure she doesn’t hate you” he said comforting her. She smiled.

“I’m pretty sure Jongin doesn’t hate you either” she said and hugged him too. He didn’t know why but talking to her really comforted him. She felt the same way. She had finally found someone who could understand very well what she was feeling.

Somehow, she was the one who was supposed to comfort him but ended up being him who comforted her.

They suddenly broke the hug and smiled at each other.

“Don’t worry, you have just debuted. Things will get better with time” she said and he smiled, sincerely this time.

“What I can tell you is that a friendship of so many years like yours with Taeyeon noona cannot be easily broken” he said “I’m sure you guys will be able to sort things out”

“Thank you” she said smiling “It is really nice to finally have someone to talk with about this matter”

“I should be the one thanking you” he said and smiled back. Now he could say he was happy. He still had a lot of issues to sort out about his leadership and about Jongin but somehow, he felt better. He never expected that a person that wasn’t very close to him, like Jessica, would be the one to comfort him. All because she knew how he felt. She knew best.

THE END

.........................................

So what do you think of it? I felt like writing this oneshot after seeing how Kai acted towards Suho and it kind of reminded me of Taengsic :( I really don't know what's going on with them but i cannot help but feel bad for Suho and Jessica. I just hope it's just my mind who is reading between the lines and that Kai and Suho are just actually fooling around with each other. Same with Sica and Taeng :( Well, hope you liked it.