One of Fourteen Days

My Angel's Whisper

CHAPTER SIX: One of Fourteen Days


Onew woke up the next morning. He turned to his side and extended his hand to grab something. He felt the ground, not able to get what he was wanting. It was like looking for something invisible. Yes, it was strange. There was absolutely nothing there.

 

“Ahhh...Where’s my blanket?” He said to himself, eyes still closed.

 

Then he realized it.

 

“Right, I’m not on a bed,” he yawned. Then he extended his arms and did some stretching. “Cool. I’m not cold.” He laughed.

 

“Now’s not the time to admire your powers,” a voice said from behind him.

“Who said that?” Onew turned around and found no one there.

“I did!” The same voice came from behind.

“Who are you?” Onew said once more and turned the other way.

“I am me, of course. I can’t be you,” the voice said sarcastically.

“Aish!” Onew pouted and turned around. “Reveal yourself.”

“No!” the voice said and laughed.

“Fine,” Onew said, frustrated and faced the front once more.

 

“Boo.”

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!” Onew screamed in horror as he saw Heechul floating in mid-air before him.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” Heechul did the same.

 

Then, they stopped.

 

“Oh, it’s just you,” Onew laughed. Heechul hit him at the back of his head.

“Oww...Not again,” Onew frowned.

“What do you mean, It’s just you?” Heechul said and imitated Onew. “Oh, it’s just you.” He laughed sarcastically.

 

“IT’S NOT ‘JUST’ ME! I AM KIM HEECHUL, THE VICE-LEADER OF THE THIRTEEN GODS!”

 

“I thought you were the leader,” Onew sat there staring at him like a little kid.

“Aigoo~ Aigoo-goo-goo-goo~” Heechul sang as he danced in circles around Onew, making him seem like a ballerina. “You’re so cute, but I’m not the leader. Leeteuk is.”

“Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So why are you here?” Onew asked.

“Why am I here...?” Heechul looked up, puzzled. “Why...hmm...OH RIGHT!” He said and shot up into the air, full of enthusiasm. “I came to remind you about your time limit.”

“Time limit?”

Heechul nodded. “Two weeks  have passed, and Taeyeon’s mission is nearing its completion. Spend your remaining time with her wisely.”

Onew acknowledged his statement with a small nod.

“Also, think about your own mission. You will not live a normal life after this if you don’t complete it. If you do, I’ll give you something awesomeeeeeeee~” The god laughed. “But, that’s not my point. Your time limit, okay? Fourteen days left. If you fail, I’m sorry.” Onew frowned.

 

“If I were you, I’d start giving her hints. Take care.”

 

“O- okay...”

 

“Good boy. Bye bye~” He said and with a wave of his hand, disappeared into thin air. “Oh, and you can transform your clothes by the way,” his voice said and he laughed. “Bye for real!”

 

“Really?” Onew looked at his clothes. It was the same t-shirt and jeans he wore yesterday and on the first day he met her.

 

“Hmmm....” He snapped his fingers, with a visual of what he wanted to change into in his mind. Then within a fraction of a second, his outfit changed into...

 

“A CHICKEN COSTUME?!” He screamed.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” He heard Heechul’s voice and the foolish god appeared before him, rolling on the soft, green grass, laughing his head off.

“HAHAHAHA! I JUST LOVE PLAYING WITH YOU!” He laughed harder. “YOU HAVE TO- TO VISUALIZE WHAT YOU WANT TO WEAR, OR ELSE A RANDOM CIRCUS COSTUME OR DRAG QUEEN OUTFIT WILL APPEAR.”

 

Onew just stared at him in complete awe.

 

“Dude, explore your powers. They’re epic! Okay whatever, bye for real.”

 

Onew had his mouth wide open.

 

“REMEMBER, VISUALIZE~”

 

“Okay that just sounded like a gay arts teacher.”

 

“I HEARD THAT!”


*Ding Dong Ding Dong*

 

“Coming!” Jessica shouted from the kitchen where she was making fruit salad. She put the bowl down and set the utensils aside. Then, she the faucet and washed her hands quickly before drying them with a washcloth.

 

Jessica ran towards the front door and stopped abruptly. She ran her thin fingers through her soft, blonde hair and straightened her t-shirt. Then she unlocked the door and put her hand on the golden knob. She turned it and pulled it back slowly, revealing the person on her doorstep.

 

It was a boy with his hands in his pockets, wearing a plaid polo shirt and skinny jeans. He beamed at her, like he always did.

 

“Hi Jessica...” He greeted her and smiled. She just stood there, mesmerized at how handsome he looked today.

 

“Sica?”

She shook her head and snapped out her little spell.

 

“Oh! Uh...Onew! Hi!” She bowed 90 degrees. “C- come in.” She said and widened the door, leaving space for him to enter her house.

“N- no! I mean, do you...do you...uh...maybe you...maybe...want...me...err...”

 

Jessica was taken aback by the things she just heard.

 

“Do I what? DO I WANT YOU?”

 

Onew shook his head abruptly. “No! That’s not what I meant. I mean, uh...go...doyouwannagooutwithmetodaylikemaybeasfriendsandnotanythingmore?”

 

“Sorry? Was that a tongue twister?” Jessica looked at him, puzzled.

 

‘Breathe in, Breathe out.’

 

“J- Jessica, do you want to go out today? L- like, with me, and not anyone else. You know, as friends and nothing more,” He said nervously.

 

“You mean, right now?”

 

Onew nodded in response.

 

“Hmm...” Jessica thought and placed her index finger on her lip. The boy’s heart started pounding, faster and faster. “Uhh...”

 

Gulp.

 

Onew his lips.

 

“Okay!” She said.

 

“What?”

 

“Okay?” Jessica looked at him weirdly.

 

“Huh? What? Oh! I mean, Yey?”

 

 

“Uh. Let me just get ready okay? You can sit down in the living room.” She smiled sweetly as he entered her home. “Be right back!”

 

With that, Jessica went up the stairs and dashed off to her room.

 

“YESSSSSS!” Onew exclaimed, his left hand shot up in the air and he jumped up high, tripping as soon as his feet landed on the floor.

 

Thud.

 

“Is everything okay?” Jessica’s head popped out from her slightly open door and shouted from her room.

 

Onew stood up immediately and replied, “Fine!”

 

Onew sat down on the couch and thought about where they would go. He didn’t really have anything in mind.

 

Then he froze.

 

‘Won’t she look crazy walking around on her own and talking to herself?’

 

“Not really,” a voice whispered in his ear.

Onew rolled his eyes and sighed. “I know it’s you.”

“Aww,” Heechul snapped his fingers and appeared before him, lying down in a seductive pose on the couch.

“Ubiquitous...” Onew muttered under his breath.

“I heard that!” Heechul said with a finger pointed at the younger boy. “Aren’t you gonna ask why I’m here?”

“Uhhh...is it my limit?” Onew asked.

“No~ I came here to tell you that you can actually show yourself to normal human beings!” Heechul beamed.

“And since when did you add that new feature into the product?”

“That’s been there since forever. Besides, it won’t hurt to make friends,” he winked.

“People aren’t supposed to see me. They think I’m in uh...the land of far far away!”  Onew said.

“Yup. But you can change how you look~” Heechul said, snapping his fingers.

 

With that, Onew began growing taller and his eyes became wider. His hair color changed to black and it grew longer. He was changing.

 

“Okay what-“ Onew turned around and looked into the mirror. “Aaaaaaa- Mmphf! Mmphf!!!” Onew tried to scream, but later found Heechul’s hand covering his mouth.

“Shut up! She’ll hear you!” Heechul said and let go of him.

“I MUTATED INTO YOU!” Onew screamed.

 

Indeed he did. He looked exactly like him. Well, except the clothes.

 

“SSSSSSSH!” The  God silenced him. “I’m actually helping you! Now, try changing back into yourself.”

“How?” Onew asked.

“Visualizeeeeee~”

 

Onew sighed and tried to picture himself like what he looked like 5 minutes ago in front of her doorstep. He smiled at the thought and found himself slowly changing back to normal.

 

“Good boy,” Heechul said. “If you have anyone hot you know from some other town, because of course it would be weird if you used someone from here. I mean, they would see a double of themselves! Even the citizens would freak out. Anyway, you can change into that person. But Jessica would still see you as your real self. But people who can actually ‘see’ you can see your real identity, unless you want to show them the other look.”

“Okay?”
 

‘Why is he telling me all this?’

 

“I’m telling you this because I love you, honey. And don’t think I can’t read your thoughts,” Heechul said sternly. “I won’t be around for a while. I’ll come with a warning next time. “ He laughed.

 

“BYEEEEEEEEEEEE!” Heechul said loudly.

 

‘Awesome. A warning. So I can finally know when he’s going to appear.’

 

Onew stared at the door where Heechul disappeared.

                                                         

“I’m ready!” Jessica came down from the stairs the living room, suddenly, in skinny jeans and a plaid polo shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

“Matching, are we?” Onew smiled. Jessica felt her cheeks burn up and she chuckled.

“Shall we go?” Onew asked and grabbed the mortal girl’s hand.

“We shall go,” she laughed. And they went out of the house, locking the door behind themselves.

 

‘Okay, who should I be…Mmm…Taemin? No… He’s too young and…meh. Omo! How about Joongki-hyung? YES. Perfect’

 

Click.

 


“Where are we going?” Jessica asked as she and Onew passed by Seoul High.

“Hmm... I don’t know. Let’s eat chicken?”

“Chicken again?” Jessica asked and laughed.

“What? It’s good food...” Onew pouted.

“I know, I know.” She laughed.  “So, where?”

Onew thought as their steps progressed. “Wanna go to Dongdaemun? Myeondong? Namsan?”

“Wherever~” Jessica replied.

“Okay, let’s go then.”

 


Jessica and Onew went to Dongdaemun as they planned. They went to different stores like clothing shops, jewelry stores and shoe stores. There was so much to see and Jessica, being the fashionista she was, already bought some things. Onew just kept quiet and accompanied her wherever she wanted to go.


 

It was 12:00 and Jessica was browsing a perfume collection this time. Just then…

 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

 

Jessica put down the perfume she was testing and looked around.

“What was that?” She asked.

“N- nothing!” Onew answered quickly.

 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

 

Onew’s stomach rumbled.

 

‘Ahhhhh! Heechul-hyung! This is not supposed to happen! I’m temporarily not human!’ Onew screamed in his thoughts.

‘Well, you’re her friend as a human! She knows you as a human, might as well have you act like one~ Kekeke~’  Heechul’s voice went into Onew’s brain.

‘And stop interrupting my thoughts and making me do things involuntarily!

‘Fine, fine. Remember, I’ll come with a warning next time!’

‘You said that before!’

‘I never meant it. Hahahaha! Joking. Don’t forget the hints and clues, you pabo. The clock is ticking. Listen! Tick Toooock. Tick Tooooock. Hahahahaha! Bye Bye, my boy~’

 

“Onew-yah, why didn’t you tell me you were hungry?” Jessica said sweetly and chuckled. Onew laughed awkwardly.

“Aigo, let’s go,” She said and put the perfume bottle back on the rack.

“Ahh, but you’re still shopping!”

“And you’re hungry.” She laughed. “Come on!” Jessica took Onew by the hand and dragged him out of the store.

 

‘Shopping makes her hyper, doesn’t it?’ Onew thought and stared at the floor while being dragged away by Jessica.

 

She stopped and asked, “Where do you want to eat?”

“Anywhere you want to,” He replied.

“I don’t know, so I’m asking you.” Jessica laughed.

“Ehh…” Onew said and rubbed the back of his head. He wanted to say something about chicken, and she knew that very well, but he was too shy to do so.

“Chicken?” Jessica asked. Onew nodded slightly.

“Hmm…Where?” Jessica wondered and one fast food restaurant caught her eye. “Umm…KFC?” She asked and looked at Onew.

“Wherever you wanna go,” he replied.

“I don’t know any other place…Fine let’s go to KFC,” Jessica said and the both of them walked over to the chicken place.

 

“What do you want, Sica? I’ll order.” Onew, being the gentleman he was, asked her.

“I don’t know… Mmm…A Strawberry Lush Krusher and a Double Down please.”

Onew was in a thinking position, looking at the menu. “You don’t want a bucket meal?”

“WHAT? There’s only two of us and you’re going to buy a bucket meal?” she asked, a little- but not completely shocked with what he said.

“Uhm, I was joking!” He laughed awkwardly. “I’ll order now. You can sit down.~”

 

Onew ordered the food and then he waited for a couple of minutes. Jessica, on the other hand, found a table for four people. She looked around, but couldn’t find any other seats, so she positioned herself there, and waited for Onew to arrive. He walked up to the table minutes later holding the food on a tray.

 

“Here you go~” he said as he sat down and gave Jessica her food.

 

The two of them ate happily. Jessica couldn’t finish her meal because Onew was telling jokes the entire time. They both shared stories and thoughts about life and whatnot. Jessica even told him about her sister, Krystal, although he already knew all about her.

 

“I’m sorry about Krystal,” Onew said to Jessica as he took a bite of his chicken.

“No, it’s okay. I know she’s watching over me right now, anyway,” Jessica said and thought about seeing her sister in the garden behind the cemetery.

 

‘Should I tell him that I can see them? Aish. But he might think I’m not normal. On the other hand, maybe he can see them too…’

 

-Flashback from Earlier (As Jessica saw it from her room)-

**Since the flashback is in italics, thoughts in flashbacks will be in bold. :D

 

“Is everything okay?” Jessica’s head popped out from her slightly open door and shouted from her room. She was actually almost done dressing up. She only had to put on her shoes.

Onew stood up immediately and replied, “Fine!”

 

Jessica, relieved to hear that nothing was wrong, grabbed her only plaid shirt and a pair of skinny jeans and went into her bathroom to change. She was done in no time and began to comb her hair and put on a little make-up. She slowly went downstairs and got the shoes she wanted to wear. Then she sat at the steps at the bottom of the stairs and began putting on her shoes. Then she heard voices, and stopped.

 

“Not really.”

I know it’s you,” she heard him say.

“Aww.” She heard someone’s fingers snap. Jessica felt weird and peeped in the living room. She was shocked to see someone lying down on the couch in a weird pose.

 

‘Oh My God!’ Jessica thought.

 

“Ubiquitous...” She read Onew’s lips.

“I heard that!” Heechul said. Jessica was shocked but found that he was referring to Onew. She stuck to the wall and continued to listen on. “Aren’t you gonna ask why I’m here?”

 

‘Aigo eavesdropping is bad…WAIT? LIMIT?’ Jessica thought.

 

“Uhhh...is it my limit?” Onew asked.

“No~ I came here to tell you that you can actually show yourself to normal human beings!” Heechul beamed.

 

’What?!’

 

“And since when did you add that new feature into the product?” Onew asked.

“That’s been there since forever. Besides, it won’t hurt to make friends.”

“People aren’t supposed to see me. They think I’m in uh...the land of far far away!” 

 

‘OMG is he a criminal?’

 

“Yup. But you can change how you look~” The other man said, snapping his fingers.

 

Then, there was a moment of silence.

 

“Okay what- Aaaaaaa- Mmphf! Mmphf!!!” Onew tried to scream, but later found Heechul’s hand covering his mouth.

 

Jessica got curious and peeped in once more.

‘Eh? Nothing happened?’

 

“Shut up! She’ll hear you!” Heechul said and let go of him.

 

‘She? Does he mean…ME?’

 

“I MUTATED INTO YOU!” Onew screamed.

 

Jessica wondered what the hell he was talking about. Nothing happened to him at all. Jessica then slowly tiptoed back upstairs so as not to get found out, and waited for the man to leave. She heard the man say goodbye and it became quiet. Once she had confirmed that the man was gone, she ran down the stairs and beamed at Onew, like nothing happened.

 

“I’m ready!”

 

-Flashback End-

 

“Jessica?” Onew was waving his hands in front of her. “Hey, sorry. You didn’t have to tell me about her.”

“Huh? What?” She said, snapping out of her trance. Onew was now beside her, he pulled her into a hug.

“It’s okay. Your sister is in heaven now.” Onew said. “I don’t know her, but she seems really important to you.” And he was telling the truth. He knew nothing about her. Heechul didn’t tell him a thing.

 

‘She knows quite a lot about you, though.’

 

“Be strong, okay?” he said. Jessica wondered why he said that, but decided to play along.

“Sorry, this is embarrassing,” Jessica said and looked away and finished her food.

“It’s okay.”

“Uh…Onew?” Jessica said and looked at him. He still had his arms wrapped around the mortal girl, tightly.

“Yes?”

“Y- you can let go now,” she said.

Onew, realizing what he was doing, let go immediately and went back to his seat across her.

“Uhh…This is awkward…So, uh, tell me about your life” Jessica said, hoping to get some information on the man he was talking to and whether that man was an angel or what.

“Me? I just moved to the city a couple of weeks ago to study,” Onew said. This was partly true, in his real life. But that was on pause right now. “And I came to find someone.” He revealed.

“Oh? Who is it?” Jessica asked.

“I’ll know when I find that person.” He laughed.

 

‘You’re that person. I think…Aish! Why am I not allowed to love? I’ll definitely succeed in my mission and resume my life. Then, I’ll go marry you! I don’t know…AH.’

 

Then, he remembered. ’Hints…’

 

“Hey Jessica-yah…” He looked at her, finishing up her drink.

“Yeah?” She asked.

 

He thought of something to say to her, but nothing came out.

 

“Uh…Uhh…Are you done?” he burst out.

“Oh? Me?” She looked at her plate. “I am. Sorry for being a turtle.” She laughed.

“N- no!” He laughed as well. “Do you wanna continue shopping now?” He asked.

“Mmm…You?”

“I will when you will.” He chuckled.

Jessica pressed her index finger on her lips and pretended to think. “Okay!” She giggled.

“Let’s go then.”

 


Hello, Hello! I'm back (for real) with another chapter!

And just so you know, I deleted my other fic. :/ :o Please don't ask. lol.

School is over for me, just saying. :D Haha. Last night was our Dance, and the torture of exams is over. Wahaha!

That means I can update more. :D (I can. I didn't say I would. LOLJK!)

Anyway, stuff revealed here. OOOOOOOH! Sorry for my fail in the part where his stomach growled. I didn't know what sound to put, couldn't describe it. lolol so it sounds like an onomatopeia. XD

I'm already excited! Haha! I already have the whole thing planned out. Hahaha. Well, I don't know how I'll write some parts, but I'm so excited to write this! Haha. XD

Tell me what you think, please. And correct my errors, for I do not proofread. Haha.

Comments are Loved. ♥

See you next time! :D

Baby, Goodnight. :D (GD&TOP. lol. Osm.)

--author.

EDIT: NOVEMBER 23, 2013.