Dream

My Angel's Whisper

CHAPTER THREE: Dream


“Tell me!” Krystal told her sister for the hundredth time. She was now on her knees, and Jessica refused to say a word.

“There’s nothing to say!” Jessica said.

“There is!” Krystal countered. “I can read your mind!”

“Then read it! I’m practically screaming it all inside.”

“On me?” Krystal asked, tapping her index finger on her chin.

“What?” Jessica looked at her.

“I just heard ‘on you’ in there,” she said seriously. Jessica screamed, putting her hand over in shock.

“My thoughts are private, Krystal Jung!” she said to her sister, furiously. Krystal, on the other hand, was just laughing, making her sister even more aggravated.

“I didn’t read your thoughts, unnie,” she said with a wide grin before wiping a single tear from her eye.

“Then, how?”

“How what?”

“Onew.”

“What?”

“It’s a boy’s nickname!” She said. Krystal smirked.

“I knew it, unnie.” She said. “But you just said that out loud a while ago, seriously.”

“I did?”

“NO!” the younger said and fell down laughing.

“KRYSTAL!” Her sister shouted.

“Okay!” She said. “I saw you two together yesterday! You passed by here...” she confessed.

“How did you know his name was Onew?” Jessica raised her eyebrows and eyed Krystal suspiciously.

“Duh! You we’re all ‘Onew, where are you taking me? Memememe~’” Krystal said in a mocking voice.

“Ohh...” was all Jessica could say.

“So,” Krystal started. “Are you dating him?!” She asked. Jessica’s eyes widened at the sudden question and replied with a firm “NO.”

“Oh come on, unnie. Admit it!”

“How can I admit something that isn’t true?”
 


She was running, faster and faster, with no time to look behind her. Then, she froze.  She didn’t know when she decided to stop. She didn’t even decide to stop, it just...happened. A magic light appeared around her, and she was inside a barrier, a shield. She was trapped.

 

 And there he was before her, being punished for a mistake he didn’t commit. She gasped at the large wounds on his back. There were two of them. Apparently, his wings had been pulled off. His hands were tied to his back and he was being beaten to death with a rose whip by a mysterious man. She rapped at the barrier with her fists and screamed, “NO!” She couldn’t do anything. The barrier wouldn’t break, and her screams were inaudible.

 

All she could do was watch. Watch, as the thorns of the rose whip penetrated his skin, as red blood oozed out of his body. She could hear his screams, but she couldn’t hear her own voice. He could hear her pleading for them to stop, trying hard not to show how much pain he was in. He clenched his teeth in pain for he couldn’t endure it anymore. He couldn’t take it. Then, the mysterious shadow man took out a sword. She screamed harder and the man smiled. He raised the sword above his head, and...

 

“STOP IT!” Jessica screamed as she sat up abruptly, her hand on her chest, gasping for breath. She got out of her bed, and fell to the floor after losing her balance. Her dream disturbed her a bit. She was flustered. The blonde girl got up again, placing her hand on her dresser for support, and looked into the mirror. She blinked her eyes and stared at her reflection in the mirror, sighing.

 

‘Who was that guy?’

 

She closed her eyes, and opened them again after a few seconds. She was about to get into her school uniform, but she realized it was Saturday just when she saw the calendar on her wall. She checked the time, sighing as she saw that it was 7:30AM on the digital clock. Normally, she would wake up earlier by a few minutes, but today she just wished that she slept in until 4:00 in the afternoon. Of course, she tried to go back to sleep, but her dream just woke her up completely.

 

Jessica fidgeted around on her bed. She had done everything. She ate breakfast, washed the dishes, brushed her teeth, took a bath, and cleaned the place. She didn’t know what to do. So, she sat and lay down a few minutes. Then, she would get up and straighten the sheets. She breathed in and paced around back and forth in front in front of her room.

 

Suddenly, she heard a tap tap on her front door.

 

Jessica’s face brightened. She would usually spend her weekends alone. And normally, she wouldn’t like people around. But today was an exception. She was happy. Well, not really, in fact, she was delighted.

But when she opened the door...

 

“Hi Jessica!” Onew smiled sweetly, rubbing the back of his head. She blushed and stood there petrified, still not letting go of the door knob.

“O-onew?” She was stammering. She didn’t know what to expect when she opened the door. And here it was, Onew.

“A-are you busy?” he asked shyly, to which she responded slowly by shaking her head. “Oh! Wanna do something?” he asked. Jessica hesitated for a moment, but found herself nodding her head later.

“Oh! Uh...Come in!” Jessica said as soon as she realized it was weird just talking with him this way. She was inside the house, and he was outside.

“Is it okay?” he asked before poking his head in and looking around.

“I don’t live with anyone. It’s fine,” Jessica said and smiled as Onew stepped in. “My supportive uncle sends me money and I work part-time in a restaurant.”

“Oh...”

“But I’m on break right now.” She smiled. “Want anything?” She stood up, about to head to the kitchen.

“Oh, no. I’m fine. I just-“

“How about some chicken?” She smirked. She knew that he loved chicken, a lot. And she just found that out yesterday.

“Chicken, you say?” His face lit up and he smiled.

“I guess that’s a yes.” She smiled and went into the kitchen, returning with some chicken and juice. He was just there, looking around at the pictures.

“Yes! Chicken!” He said and took a piece whilst staring at the huge amount of it in front of him. “Where did you get this much?” He asked.

“I work at a Chicken place, Onew.” She laughed.

“Ah! You didn’t tell me!” He said without looking up from the fried dish he had his eyes fixed on. Onew already finished one piece and Jessica watched as he ate the other.

“Ah!” He exclaimed, dropping the Chicken back on the plate?
“What is it?” She asked, worried.

“It’s hot.” He laughed, she did too. But her eyes widened in surprise when she realized that it was the same. It was indeed familiar. That voice, the voice of the man that was being tortured in her dream.

“Jessica?” He waved his hand in front of her. “Yoohoo?”

Jessica shook her head. “Huh? Oh. Hi.” She laughed awkwardly.

“Are you okay?” He asked and she replied with a small nod.

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“You can tell me anything, you know.” He winked at her and smiled before digging into the Chicken.

 

“I had a dream about you.”

 


Hello there~

Update. XD 

Sorry for updating less. I'm busy. Like yeah~

But I never forget. Hehe~

Thanks for subscribing.

Comments are loved! *gives out chicken*

--Author.

EDIT: November 23. 2013