Past

My Angel's Whisper

CHAPTER FOUR: Past


"A dream?" Onew asked. "R- really? What kind of dream?" He laughed awkwardly, as if he knew what was going on.

"Well, I'm not sure if you were the guy... But he did sound like you," Jessica explained. Onew forced a laugh.

"A lot of people can sound like me, you know," he said. "Wh- what was your dream about, Jessica?"

"Well..." Jessica stopped to think for a moment. Should she tell him about her scary dream? She didn't really know. 'I might hurt him. And he might think of me as...I don't know. I might seem weird to him.' She thought and shifted over to Onew, who was waiting for her response.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to,” he smiled and she let out a sigh of relief. "You're gonna have to share it to me, though. Someday," he said.

"Y- yeah," She replied and stood up. Then, she began collecting the empty plates where the Chicken used to be, and the glasses they drank from.

"Let me help," Onew said and took the glasses from the table before she could touch them. She smiled and brought them to the kitchen, then began to wash the dishes.

"Jessica," Onew spoke. "Do you ever think it's possible to come back from the dead?" He asked. Jessica chuckled lightly at his absurd question.

"What made you ask me that?" she said, drying her hands on a washcloth.

"Nothing. I was just curious," he said. "Well? Do you?"

"I don't know. That's pretty deep. But maybe..." she smiled to herself as she thought about her little sister. "Yeah. I think it's possible. I don't know...with magic?"

Onew forced a laugh. "Did you ever wish you could bring someone back?" he asked. Jessica sighed.

"A lot of times."

 

The corners of turn up in a sad smile.

 

“All the time, actually.”

 

A small 'Oh' escaped Onew's mouth. He turned around suddenly, clutching his shoulder in pain. He groaned and closed his eyes and let go before turning around to face the blonde girl.

"What time is it?" He asked abruptly as if in a hurry.

"4:00PM. Why?" She asked. "Are you okay?"

"Y- yeah! I just remembered that I have to do something. Sorry!" He flashed a bright smile at her before hurrying to the front door.

'Why the rush?' she thought.

"Jessica." He said before getting out. "Thanks a lot for today!"

“No problem.” She smiled.

 


“Onew-oppa,”a girl said as Onew sat down on the patch of grass beside her, facing the sunset. He was in the place where he was with Jessica two days ago. It was his comfort place.

“Yes?” he asked, not making eye contact with her.

“Stop seeing that girl,” she said. “Cut your communication with her now,” the girl said firmly. Onew pursed his lips. A frown formed on his face as he thought about what she said.

“Why should I?” he replied.

“Focus on what you have to do. She isn’t part of your task.”

“But, Taeyeon-“

“Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for that girl?” she roared. “Look here, I didn’t volunteer for you to finish my mission okay? I mean, aren’t you troubled? You can see and touch me. That’s not normal.”

“I want to help you!” He countered. “You’re my best friend...It was my fault that that happened...”He trailed off.

“You don’t have to.” She said as a tear escaped her eye. “You do realize that you can’t love, right?” she said. He nodded, and there was an awkward pause.

“I know you like her, this Jessica girl,” she said.

“I don’t...”

“You do.” She laughed. “I just feel like this is my fault, my fault you can’t love.”

“It was mine,” he said sadly. “If I had been more careful that day...Besides, aren’t you happy? You’re free to do anything while I finish your mission,” Hg laughed.

“It’s not funny.” Taeyeon replied monotonously and heaved a sigh. “I’m sorry. You’re hurt because of me.”

 

She frowned.

 

“Don’t be.”


This is probably the shortest chapter I have ever written.

Anyway, sorry for not updating a lot. XD /busy.

There are a lot of questions in this chapter. ;)

But the answers are coming soon. :o OOOH.

Annyeong~ comments are loved.

--author.

EDIT: Novemver 23, 2013