stage; three

Believe

iii.

 

 

“but, sorry, I really have no idea with what you’ve just told me.”

 

Those words keep repeating on my mind. I shut my eyes then swim deeper, trying to reach the base of the pool and when I reached it, I sit there with eyes tightly shut.

It’s always relaxing for me to be here, drown deep in the water. I don’t know why but it feels like….home. I feel way more comfortable, like this is where I belong. There’s nothing to fear when I’m in the water, which is so weird since I’m obviously a human not a fish. But I do like being here, I can spend hours just swim around like this.

“I really have no idea with what you’ve just told me.”

I still can’t believe it, his answer, I still deny it. But when I think about it again and remember how everything seems so ridiculously impossible…. I’m not sure with myself either. I sigh.

“but I’ve got to admit that it’s such a creative way to show your interest to me.”

“uhuk!” I cough then frantically swim to the surface.

“yah, hyungie!” my hand wipe all the water on my face in reflex, before opening my eyes to find Dongho in his puppy pajamas, standing in the edge of the pool—arms crosses. “ you’ve been swimming for 4 hours straight….you’re not a mermaid, remember?”

Four hours? Really? I don’t even realize it. “what time is it?”

“almost ten.” Dongho yawns, “I’m so sleepy, I’ll go to bed first then.” I step out from the pool and take my towel as Dongho made his way to the door. “oh, by the way I made chicken casserole, just heat it up in microwave hyung!” he shout before really disappear behind the close door.

Wrapping the towel around my waist, I sigh. Have no interest to have a (late) dinner, I decide to go straight to my bed instead.

 

After had a shower and protect my body with warm clothes, I hop up to my bed resting my head onto the fluffy pillow as I reach for the comforter, let it cover my body till right under my chin. Sighing, I close my eyes suggest my mind to stop thinking. Just forget it! I want to scream as I couldn’t help but keep thinking the same thing over and over again. I adjust my body seeking for more comfortable position and hug my comforter tighter.

Relax Kevin….just relax. Just sleep and forget.

Seems it’s pretty work because now I feel better and surprisingly warmer. Like there’s someone hug me close to his warm body.

Wait. My body immediately tense at the thought but no. I command myself. Not again, Kevin. Taking a deep breath, I snuggle up to the warm feeling even more.

It’s so comfy….relaxing … I sighs contently as slowly drift off to sleep.

 

“I’m sorry baby…” I heard someone whisper softly onto my ear.

 

I shut my eyes tighter. Not again.

No matter how real it feels like, it’s just a dream Kevin. Just a dream.

 

 

 

“Run dongho run!”

“it’s run devil run, hyung.” Dongho playfully correcting me then start to hum into SNSD’s song. I roll my eyes. Tsk, this kid.

We’re almost late for our first class today but this brat seems like has no care at all. I grab his wrist, drag him to run faster through the corridors which are starting to get empty. I regret woke up late today but I couldn’t help it since I sleep really well last night. The best sleep I ever had in my life, I have to add. The warm feeling, safe and protected. And I dream nothing. For the first time of this past month, I dream nothing.

Well, if the feeling being hug by someone not count as a dream.

“hyung, do you remember that I’m younger than you?”

“oh god please Dongho this is not the right time to ask such a random question!” I spat angrily as we turn to the right.

“it’s a clue hyung! I’m younger than you so its mean that I have different class with you so stop dragging me!” After hearing his complain, I abruptly stop, make him have to collide with my back. Dongho curses.

“sorry.” I laugh awkwardly as I scratch my neck, facing him.

He pouts, “now release my wrist too.” I gasp and let go of his wrist. Dongho rolls his eyes then turn his way to the opposite direction. I can hear he mumbles something like ‘why I have such a panic hyung’ as he start walking into his class.

I wave (practically flails my arm) at him though he has his back facing me, “bye dongsaeng-ah! Have a nice day! See you at lunch!” Before then turn my body and start running again.

Today first class is English, that’s mean I have to go all the way to third floor. I groan by the mental image of how much stairs I should climb. But there’s almost no time left so I have no other choice but speeding up my run. Not even bother to slowing down when I start climbing the stairs. The only thing that cross in my mind is I’m going to late and the English teacher, Mr. Park, is the most discipline and strange teacher here, he will not let me live my usual happy (and boring) life if I come late to his class. Okay that’s two, but you got the point right?

The class is only within reach, I only need to climb couple steps again when my left feet decide to betray me. I slip and lost my balance. “whoa…whoa…” my arms flail uncontrollably, desperate to reach anything to help me but no, I can’t reach anything . My eyes close itself automatically as the gravity pulls me down.

“waaaahhhhh!”

There’s a ‘huk’ sound and it take times for me to grasp the situation. My heart beating so fast and I can hear my own harsh breath. Not until couple seconds later the pain start to register in my mind. “ow.” I whimpered; my really hurt…but seems that’s the only part I got hurt. Thank God. I open my eyes slowly and kind of surprise when there’s a pair of arms around me. I hear groan and I immediately turn my head aside, my eyes widen.

“J-Jaeseop?” from all people? I whine inwardly before slowly getting up, kneel in front of the man that still perched to the floor.

“I’m sorry.” my hand almost touch his shoulder, but I retreat in time, “are you okay?”

“yeah,” Jaeseop answers, brushing the dust off his jacket, “it’s kind of shocking though.” I bit my bottom lip, mumbling a small sorry. He chuckles, “that’s okay….” Then start to slowly getting up. I get up first and give him a hand. Jaeseop is about to reach it but suddenly his eyes widen when he moves his left foot.

“w-what’s wrong?”

He sighs, “seems I twist my ankle.”

 

 

If there’s situation I hate the most then this situation is the answer. The one when you really don’t know what to say, don’t know what to do. Totally awkward as my eyes just keep wandering around the nursery. It’s only both of us here. Mrs. Kwon, the nurse, has something important to do so she ask me to accompany Jaeseop here at least until he feel a bit better. And of course I can’t say no to that beside I’m obviously the one at fault here, I already twenty minutes late to attend my English class. Mr. Lee will punish me anyway so why bother to catch up?

Jaeseop sit there in the bed, examining his bandaged ankle while I’m staring at my own palms like it’s the most important things in the world, stealing a glance at him every now and then. I feel stupid…. I know I should say something, like ‘are you okay?’ or ‘is it really hurt?’ or maybe a simple thanks will do. I sigh. Yeah I’m not even saying thanks to him yet. But it’s so awkward…I don’t know what to say—don’t know how to start it. I can’t even look at him straight in the eyes. Not after what happen yesterday in library. Not after what happen this past month, even though it only happened in my dreams.

“you can leave if you want,” I look up and find him staring at me, “it’s not that bad, don’t worry.”

Like always the way he looks at me is somewhat different. Intense, but there’s something like…. I don’t know… longing feeling? And happy? It get too intense, I can feel the blush slowly creep upon my cheeks. I shook my head, “ no, it’s okay, I mean, I’ll stay here….” There’s amusement in his eyes. Does he enjoy my misery? “beside it’s too late for me to attend my first class…”

He shrugs then lean on the bed post, “okay then, it’s up to you.”

Then once again; awkward silence.

 A part of me really want to ask him about the same issue again; about what happened in the restaurant 2 days ago, want to make sure that he told me the truth. But in the other part I realize it’s kind of rude since that’s mean I indirectly accuse him as a liar. And I don’t want to make my image even weird than it already is in his eyes.

“so….” Jaeseop speaks, kind of surprising me but also make me a bit relief knowing the awkward silence finally over. ”about what you’ve told me yesterday,” I gulp. This is not the question I expect for him to ask. “can you tell me about it again? It’s seems pretty interesting.” He smirks. And for some reason I don’t like that smirk as I remember what he said to me yesterday.

 “but I’ve got to admit that it’s such a creative way to show your interest to me.”

Like seriously, does this guy in front of me really thinks that I ask him such a weird question just to get his attention? I fight my attempt to snort. Jaeseop seems to know my internal debate as he laughs then bent his non-injury leg and put his arm over his knee. “come on, I just want to hear it again.” I can clearly hear playfulness all over his sentence. So it’s funny for him, huh?

“you know what, I guess it’s better for me to attend my class instead.” I get up from my chair, about to make my way to the exit but he holds my hand, prevent me to go. I groan inwardly. This guy, really.

“what?” it suppose to sounds angry but I don’t know why it’s more like a whining instead. He chuckles and I want to slap myself.

"Mrs. Kwon told you to stay here until I feel better, remember?"

I look at him in disbelief, "but you said its up to me! I can leave whenever I want and I don’t have to worry!"

"did I really say that?"

"yah!" I protest, almost stomp my feet like a little kid. Almost. Jaeseop grins cheekily then made a gesture with his chin, "sit."

And just like a faithful dog to his master, I follow his order. I sit back, slap his arm as he keeps laughing silently. "its not funny, you know!" I snap with crack voice. How could he just laughing like that? These are so important to me... The dreams, the what I thought as a reality but everyone told me as only a dream, the whispers, the hugs...everything so important to me. I have to know whether those things really happen or not. That’s the only way I can convince myself that I’m still normal, no needs for me to go meet psychiatric. He can’t just laugh like that.

"sorry..." he whisper quietly, finally aware with the situation.

I sigh. Why do I get so emotional out of sudden though? "no...thats okay," I take a deep breath, playing with the bed sheet before look up at him, "it’s just that...everything just so confusing. I, maybe I already lose my mind." Jaeseop says nothing. He just looks at me tenderly, like encourage me to continue.

"that incident at the restaurant, I’m sure its real. Everything felt too real for a dream..." I frown, "but Eli said there’s no such incident and you don’t have any idea about that either..." I can feel the lump start gather in my throat. I swallow hard. "so...what happen to me?" and lately I've been dreaming about you too. I wanna add, but have no courage to do that.

There’s no reaction. He might be just as confuse as I am. This is so stupid. I let a small laugh.

"you must be thinking that I'm crazy, right?"

He chuckles, "no."

"no? Really?" I ask playfully and we both laugh.

For some unknown reason this situation feel so familiar to me. Like, it’s not the first time we have our bonding time together. Everything about him feels so familiar, like I have known him for a long time. The same feeling when I met him in those dreams. Which is so weird since we barely know each other yet.

"I know this might sounds ridiculous...but I feel like I've known you for a long time." I whisper then chuckle at his surprise face. "I know right, I must be crazy." I sigh, "you don’t even know me..."

His expressions turn into a calm one and he look at me intently. "I do know you..." there’s something in his eyes i can’t quite grasp. My heart skip a beat.

"a-are you serious?"

The corner of his lips moves upward, form into an annoying smirk. "I mean I do know you, at least your name. Kevin Woo, right? I ask around."

W-what? Only that? My face feels so hot. Yah, why am I even think he is being serious? Of course he is not. I feel so dumb. "yah!" I’m about to slap his chest but he catch it in the way. Slowly get up from the bed, still holding my wirst firmly.

"e-eh, Jaeseop, what are you doing?"

The next thing I know, he pulls me into his arms; embrace me tightly.

"...Jaeseop?" my whisper muffled by his shoulder.

"sshh..." he responds, sighing contently, "just let me."

And just like that, we stand in the middle of nursery room with his arms encircle my waist and back while my palms on his chest. He bent down his head and rests it in the crook of my neck.

This is supposed to be awkward, weird and everything since we just met yesterday. This almost stranger person hug me with no reason whatsoever. But as weird as it sounds, it feel surprisingly comfortable. I feel warm and protected. My heart beating so fast and there’s mix feelings. I feel....happy...relief.. but also want to cry, for a good reason. It’s like I’ve been waiting this for a long time, miss this feeling for a long time. I grip his jacket tighter, sighing.

"please tell me this is not just a dream..."

Jaeseop chuckles, pulling me even closer. "no, its not..." he whispers, "this is not a dream..."

 

 

--

"I know from the start it’s such a mistake to give you this task!"

"why? Are you afraid he'll get Kevin back eh, hyung?"

"yah! Thats not what I’m talking about! You completely know that we suppose to protect Kevin from him!"

"me? No, I dont know. Since beginning I never think that AJ hyung betray us."

"you--"

"erm...guys..." the quarrel abruptly stop when they realize my existence.

 

It’s lunch time and usually we gather at school cafeteria to enjoy our food together. But today I find no one sitting on our usual table. Get a bit confused, I decide to go look for Dongho. I remember he has math class before lunch so I try to find him there.

The class already empty and there’s no sign of Dongho. Not until I see my baby brother being cornered by some people in a dark alley. At first I thought they are trying to bully him, but no, totally impossible when I recognize who they’re; Eli, Kiseop, Soohyun and Hoon. I smile widely, feeling relief. I almost call them but shut my mouth again when I realize they look pretty pissed.  Especially Eli and Dongho.

And those conversations…. I really don’t understand. Are they fighting? But why? They never fight before.

"what happen?" I ask. Eli avoids my gaze, Dongho still look really pissed. I avert my attention to the other three. Soohyun just sighing, Hoon smiles at me awkwardly while Kiseop approach me. He slides his left arm around my back, smiling at me. "nothing Kev, its just--"

"just tell him the truth hyung! he'll know sooner or later anyways." Dongho spat and Eli almost jump to punch him but Hoon prevent the black haired in time. This situation really scaring me. My boyfriend want to punch my brother?

“w-what’s wrong?!” I ask, desperate. “what happen to you guys?”

Eli take a deep breath before then he made his way into my directions.

"Eli..." he takes my hand and drag me somewhere, getting far from the others.

 

Eli keeps dragging me, bring me thru the corridors until we reach school garden. There’s no one there and I can hear the bell rings. The next class will gonna start anytime soon, I start to get anxious. No, I can’t skip another class today. But the man before me just stands there with his back facing me. I sigh. This going to be a long day.

"Eli..." I call as my hand carefully touches his arm. "are you okay?" He doesn’t answers.

"Eli--"

Totally catching me off guard, in record time he pull my waist while his other hand cup my chin, bring our faces close to each other and he captures my lips into passionate kiss. I sigh, kissing him back with questions floating all over my mind.

I wonder when my life will turn into a normal one again.

 

 

 

--

I'm sorry for making you guys wait... I've been busy with real life lol ^^;

 

- mipocai ; ermm..... i cant say much, you just need to keep reading bb hahaha #iskilled the truth will reveal soon tho ^^ thanks for reading and commenting! /hugs

- Staceynadine93 ; really? thank you dear haha. I also cant wait update more! thank you for reading and commenting! ^^ /hugs

- hitori ; wah i'm so happy to hear that ;__; ummm.... if i answer your question i might spoil the rest of the story lol so you have to read more bb kekeke ^^ i'll give you more chapters and you give me more comments, okay? tehee i love reading ur comment ^0^ haha thank you very much! /hugs

- Agniecha1991 ; heres the update and i'm sorry for making you wait ^0^ please do continue read and comment~~ hehe /hugs

- AnimeGurl ; elvin moments are always cute bb hahaha well uh, i want to answer it but  but but it'll be more fun if you find it yourself lol /get brick xD heres the update, hope you like it! ^^ /hugs

 

also thank you for all subscribers ^0^ and please dont hesitate to leave a comment keke~

btw i lose one subscriber /creys/ lol is it boring? ;___;