Our Love is Not a Coincidence

Our Love is Not a Coincidence

You’re walking down the streets of Seoul. The sights and smells are intriguing as you looking around.

“Finally! My lifelong dream to come to South Korea has come true!”

It’s been a long flight, and you’ve been dying to step foot in the land of Super Junior, TVXQ, SHINee, and EXO.

“Kyah!~ Those shoes are so cute!” You step to the side to gaze at some Korean fashion and start window shopping. You’re so excited that you don’t realize a tall body is next to you.

“Excuse me.” A deep, husky voice utters.

You freeze. You slowly turn to the left to find a...chest. You look up and almost realize you are encountered by someone who resembles EXO-K’s Chanyeol.  Before your mind even processes this all you black out.

“OMO!” Chanyeol yells out and catches you in his arms. He looks around confused and flustered.  He feels your face and neck for a pulse. It’s there, but faint.

He turns and jolts for home, his long legs helping a lot, since he’s so tall. His hair flows in the breeze, each step quick but graceful, being careful not to drop you.

“HYUNGS!” He yells, as he steps in the door panting hard. The EXO boys run in the living room as he lays you on the couch.

“Score. What did you do to her?” The player, Kai smirks.

“AISH! Quit playing and get me a wet towel. QUICK!” Through all this you never leave his sight.  He sits next to you frantically wondering why he would allow this to happen and what he could do to make it right.

“Hurry!” Chanyeol yells again.

“Chanyeol-ah, she’s pretty~” Suho whispers.

“She’s…She’s beautiful.” He barely whispers, too intrigued to even look away from your face.  Your eyelashes flutter slightly as if you heard what he muttered.

Chanyeol  grazes his hand on your forehead, and slowly pushes a strand of hair behind your ear.

“Like Sleeping Beauty—“

Suddenly, Sehun runs over with the biggest pitcher of water and trips, flips over the couch, spilling ice cold water on both you and Chanyeol.

“What’s going on here hy-- WOAH” D.O. stops, eyes widening.

You suddenly awaken in response, coughing and spitting everywhere.

“Sehun-AHHH!”

 You quickly sit up and shiver realizing that the water is seeping your clothes.

 “Ohmigod, what are you waiting for?! Bring her a towel you dimwit!” Baekhyun screams at Sehun.

“Thorry…” Sehun slowly walks out, head hanging low.

“Idiot. You okay babe?” Kai brings his head over the back of the couch, startling you.

“HEY! Back off!” You yell and suddenly look at Chanyeol, embarrassed and blushing.

“Woah.” Chanyeol puts on his cute, crooked smile and looks at you pleasantly surprised.

“Fiesty.” Kai says. “She’s a keeper” He throws the wet towel on top of Chanyeol’s head.

“YAH! What is he supposed to do with this now?!” D.O.  says throwing the towel back in Kai’s direction.

Chanyeol hasn’t flinched since the towel landed on his head, eyes still fixed on you.

“Ok, I’m back with the towel—HEY!” Chanyeol steals the towel from Baekhyun, wrapping it nicely around you.

“Are you ok? Do-do you need anything?” Chanyeol appears an inch from your face.

You hold your breath, wide-eyed. “You…You’re...Ch..Chan”

“Chanyeol! Give her some space! YEESH” D.O. pushes him back, and he stumbles off the couch.

“Ugh, I’m bored let’s get out of here hyungs” Baekhyun scoffs.

“How about lunch!” Suho says excitedly. ^^

“Sounds like a plan. You in beautiful?” Chanyeol  says still staring in your eyes, hand on the back of his head ruffling through his hair, never letting go of that smile.

Your heart skips a beat. An unexplainable feeling takes over and you cannot process the fact that you're in EXO's home. But with Chanyeol, everything feels so right.

“I’d like that.” You smile, heart racing. An

Kai suddenly pops out of nowhere, twirling his keys in hand, walking out the door. “Alright, let’s hit the sushi bar.”

“Oh can I thit next to you hyung? Pretty Pleathe?” Sehun quickly follows behind along with the others.

“Here.” Chanyeol gives you his jacket.

You look into his eyes. He looks into yours. Your faces move closer, and closer in.

“UHM HELLOOOOOOOOO! “ D.O. creeps back in the house.

Both of your faces are cherry red as you both reluctantly walk out the door, chuckling. His hand gently lands on your waist as he smiles that contagious smile, as he leads you to the door.

“You’re friends are crazy. Nothing like their images shown on Music Bank” You say.

“Sorry about that…There’s never a normal day in the Exo-K household. EXO PLANET!”  He yells pointing to the sky, with a dorky smile on his face.

“I’LL SEND YOU BACK TO EXO PLANET IF YOU DON’T GET IN THIS CAR NOW CHANCHAN!” Baekhyun yells out of the car.

“Haha, Chanchan?”

“Heh…yeah. It’s a little nickname he uses for me…and so do the others. SHUTUP BACON WE’RE COMING.”

“It’s cute. I like it.” You wink at him walking towards the car.

“PHEW” Chanyeol breathes is totally flustered but pulls himself together and marches to the car, all composure returned, unlike the blood which visibly rushed to his face.

Chanyeol, seeing you close to the door, runs in and offers his hand to help you inside.

You both sit beside each other in the back of the limo making small talk and tolerating Baekhyun divaness, D.O.’s freak out moments, and Kai’s annoying attempts to flirt with you to which Chanyeol resents violently everytime.

Once at the restaurant, you finished your food and the waiter brings the fortune cookies.

Everyone reads theirs outloud but you can’t remember a thing because you’ve had such an unforgettable night with Chanyeol.

“No you open yours first.” Chanyeol pokes your nose.

You squeeze his hand. “Oh, Chanchan”

You both giggle exchanging flirty pickup lines.

“Ok you lovebirds, just open them already!!!!” D.O. exclaims.

Chanyeol gets close to your ear and whispers “Hows bout we open our cookies at the same time then, on the count of three we ditch this place.” He winks.

You nod back.

You both crack open the fortune cookies, both surprised at what you see.

“1…” He says.

“2…” You say.

“3!”

You both hop out of your seats and sprint out of the shop, hand in hand, giggling like first graders.

You both run and run like there’s no tomorrow.

He lifts you up, wedding style and tells you to close your eyes.

“But Chanchan, where are you taking me?” You say questionably, still giggling like crazy.

“Just trust me on this one.” Chanyeol says equally amused.

After what felt like lifetimes, You finally open your eyes to a beautiful park scenery, fountain and all. The trees bearing cherry blossoms.

“It’s beautiful.” You say engulfed in the beauty of it all, as he sets you down.

“And so are you.” He says back turned. He was too embarrassed to say it to your face.

Startled, you blush redder than the apples on the tree next to you.

“So…what did your fortune say?” You ask questionable.

“The one you love…is closer than you think” He stutters.

You gasp. You turn around and next thing you know Chanyeols lips are gently pressed onto yours. He kisses you passionately, under the stars. His hands gently caress your face. He looks you in the eyes with an expression like he’s just tasted heaven.

“So what did yours say?”

You take your fortune out and slip it into his pocket. Your eyes never leave his as you whisper “The one you love…is closer…than you think.”

(HENCE THE TITLE)~<3