Introduce yourself

Tomboy Roomie

Yuri POV

Sheen, sleek, shining. “Meet Cece.” His words could ever take over that image of the car. The chrome plated, study wheels. The polish of jett black, gleaming. I was breathless at the beauty before me. He patted the head and smirked knowingly. “Beauty isn’t she?” I was hesitant in replying, but she definitely was. I guess this was what the rich could afford.

Minho swerves the curb dangerously. My stomach felt like they were being rolled, over and over agin as he turned the wheel. I wouldn’t be surprised if we just smashed into a building, right here, right now. What little breakfast I had would soon be out of my system if he kept this up. Thoughts kept being thrown back and forth, swallowing me inside out. “Why did you change your mind?” My stare holds on his nonchalant face. He scrutinizes passed the morning fog sitting on the car’s window and sighs. 

“You... are from the country. It’s foreign and alienated here, a lot different than your wistful frolicking in the country. Judging from how long it took you to get here, it would take you ages to get back. You have no money either...It’s best if you stayed here, for now until you get enough to pay for the ride back.” My lips part slightly and my eyes widen. I probably looked like a fish right now, or simply like an idiot. Minho had gone from considerate, to jerk, to considerate. Was there anything else he had forgotten to add? 

“There are some creeps here too, it’s not safe for a girl. Even for a tomboy..” He mumbles the last part. I didn’t want to argue with him, he had accepted me. Stuff my pride for now, I could concur his during exams later in the year.

“Oh, my god! Minho! Is that you?!” A shrill voice hollers from behind some chairs. A pair of hands clasping scissors fly midair accompanied by various gasps. A flamboyantly dressed man comes rushing over followed by a squad of females. “What are you doing here? You haven’t been here in ages. Boy, just look at you! Handsome as ever!” A man in his early twenties gave Minho a swift hug and parts to observe me critically. His eyes narrowed, his gaze piercing. Why was every one so judgmental?

He had red tinted curly hair, a menacing stare and a thin jaw line. His checkered salmon shirt was tucked neatly into his tight jeans. He was definite fresh and a ready fashionista even for 8:00 in the morning. Amazing since I was like a bear when it came to waking up. Both Ji-Yong and I had it. It was a Kwon thing.

“Who, is he?” His voice changes it’s tone from a chipmunk to a seething snake. It was nice to know I was welcome... Minho gives the man a slight nudge and whispers in his ear, cautious not to let a word slip to my ears. God, I should be grateful to him now, but I just can’t seem to fathom how shallow this was. Relying on someone, but no....I had got here originally of my own knowledge. I deserved a place in that school. I earned it......right?

“I see your predicament here Minho, he is so not fit to be presented.” Waving a finger disapprovingly he comments on outfit, unknown to him it was my sleep wear. “Well, you’ve set a challenge for me. And Jo Kwon, never, ever backs out on a challenge. Come!” He strides off like a peacock and gestures for me to take a seat. I swear he released a squeak of fright when he pulled down my hoodie. Precariously he lifts some of my tresses and points at me, quietly whispering to Minho. “Was he a hippie?” I want so badly to bash him right now. No, hang in there.

“No, he’s just a country bumpkin.” Minho’s seated behind me but I can see his reflection through the mirror. I hadn’t properly taken in his sight I guess. His hair whipped to the side, framing his angular face. Baggy shirt and casual jeans. Simple, neat and....charismatic? Where did that come from? How unfair was it to allow time for himself to change and not me anyway? “Oh....well, I heard country bumpkins...... are all the rage in dramas lately....” This 'Jo Kwon' dude was starting to piss me off.

Jo Kwon tugs at my hair and the warm breath of the hair-dryer scalding my scalp. The heat was excruciating, it was like pouring molten lava on my head. Before I realize most of my hair had been cut short and styled. I move my hands to try and move the strands from my eyes but he quickly slaps them away, tutting me. “No, no. Bad bumpkin, you look attractive like that.” Minho shifts his posture which rustles of the pages of the magazine and stands. “So what’s the price?” He reached for his pocket. “Oh, no, no, Minho! Anything for you! Just come back more often!” He coos seductively as we leave the salon.

“What time is it? 8:15, thank god.” The engines roar to and the gadgets start lighting up in a wave of life. Throughout the whole trip back I kept wondering to myself if Minho was..... perhaps, gay? He keeps scraping passed the other cars as we outrun them one by one. Nausea returns, and a sinking thought of being killed probably lurking at the back of my mind every time a car honked.

When we get back Minho kind of rushes me in. He grabs me by the hand, instead of it’s usual steadfast grip on my wrists. He pulls me eagerly through the hallways but all I see is the connection we had at that moment. His hands were larger than mine, but soft and flawless as a boy’s could get. It was like he came straight out of a drama. A lot seems to be going through his mind because his brows were furrowed, focused. “We’re late....” He curses beneath his breath as we approach our dorm.

He rummages through his wardrobe in his room and emerges with a crisp ironed new uniform. He was totally a neat freak. He throws it at me, with a worried expression and part ways into our rooms to change. The blouse was baggy, the blazer hung passed my waist. I walk out, simultaneously to the unlatching of his door. I do fidgety twirl that keeps revolving back and forth. The uniform was longer than I had anticipated, but it seemed like that was all he had left as he shook his head with the shrug of his shoulders. The navy blazer was rigid and the red tie dangled a few too many centimeters low. “It’s the best I could do, you’re very small compared to me.” He mutters.

I follow submissively behind him, unable to think of what to say. He was bargaining everything with me staying in his room. What was I to do? I felt almost guilty, no. I got here on my own. I had to stay positive. Optimistic. No one besides from me can determine fate. We passed arrays of metal lockers and classrooms echoing with the voice of a teacher. Until we reach the end of the hallway with only one room to conclude my suspicions of this room being my class for the room.

“Remember, your name is Jae- Yup..... You can act like yourself other than that, you’re a natural guy.” I watch him enter and excuse himself to the teacher. I swear I heard some peeps and squeals from some of the girls seated near the middle rows. With ease he slipped into the one of the back rows to be greeted by some of his friends. I stand there, hesitant to enter until the teacher walks towards me. “You must be the last minute scholarship student, come in.” She hushes me in and closes the door.

She looked peculiarly young to be a teacher. Her black office skirt clung to her figure, tucking in her stainless white blouse. She had coffee brown eyes and dyed light brown hair. Her voice was resilient and loud to fight back the class. “Class! We have a new student!” Her gaze petrifies the rowdy class to silence. She looks at me and gives me an eye smile. “Go on.” The girls eye me and whisper to one another and giggle. This wasn't good. One of them points to my shoes.... Wait! What shoes? I look down and I'm still wearing my snugly slippers, glowing in all it's fluffy glory before the class. I feel so embarrassed. I try to hide my shoes by rubbing them on the back of my achilles heel and smile it off.

I stare into the crowd of strangers, intently awaiting for me to speak like I was their form of entertainment. I spot Minho in a sea of boys mouthing something to me, but my mind is blank. I knew the moment words left my mouth there would be trouble. “Annyeonghaseyo! M-my name is Yuri..... I mean Jae-Yup. I hope, you’ll look after me!” I quickly correct myself midsentence, bow 90 degrees and unfold to find the unamused faces of many. The class mumbles and greases me with the coldest set of eyes there possibly could be. Until one kid with a bowl haircut and fat lips stands up to yell to the class, one word with his grubby, plump fingers cupped to project his voice that would change everything.

“Dork!”

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes

- How are you audience? Enjoying it? How was it?! Please stay tuned! I plan to upload regularly within a 2- 4 kind of schedule. COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, SUBSCRIBE.

- Ok, let's see. If I get 4 comments I'll update soon. If not, then I dunno. I'll upload eventually, just slower I guess. XD 

MOTIVATE ME!

- See what I did there? Cameo with Jo Kwon! I love him, that's his diva state lool, he's hilarious! I hope you guys don't mind him being a bit harsh for the while. I'm bringing him back to.... I'm spoiling it. Nevermind, just enjoy!

- I want to start a little signature saying to all of you guys before leaving. I know that Donghae uses this too, but it's an important thing not to forget.

"Take care of those around you and stay healthy!" 

PS. I'm terribly sorry, I have to post late. Please bare  with me, I have some work left to finish and then my time shall be dedicated to writing afterwards.