Chapter 11

Killed in the Shadows

This actually slots right into the chapter (Kyuhyun's interview with f(x))

Chapter 11

“Well, would you be able to vouch for her presence at around half-past eight?”

“Yes.”

There was a short, almost expectant silence until the police officer realised she wasn’t going to say more. “I assume you were together as a group? Were you in the main hall?”

“No, sir,” Victoria said.

“No t-to what, Miss Song?” Kyuhyun demanded.

“No to the first, sir,” the girl said, crossing her arms. While her expression was serious, something that was a cross of mirth and annoyance flickered in her eyes. “We are good friends, but we don’t stalk each other. I don’t keep tabs on what they’re doing all the time, sir.”

“Oh.” He cleared his throat again and directed the next question to all of them. “In that case, would you like to explain what you four were doing at the time?” 

“Are you implying something?” Sulli giggled mischievously. Amber shut her up with a glare, but I could see them all smirking. I pitied Kyuhyun for what was to happen.

“I was in the bathroom,” Amber said, her voice a monotone.

“I was dancing in the hall with Luna,” Krystal added.

“Dancing,” Sulli chimed.

“Boyfriend, Nickhun,” Victoria finished, sounding bored.

“So you can vouch for Luna’s presence in the hall?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Well, I don’t know about vouch – it’s hard to keep track of people in there,” Krystal said, blinking her eyes innocently. I rolled my eyes.

“Well?” Kyuhyun crossed his arms impatiently.

“Well…” She paused, scrunching her face up in obvious thought. “I know I saw her a few times throughout the night, but I wasn’t really keeping track of time, you know? Dancing is fun!” A silly grin appeared on her face.

Apparently, Kyuhyun felt the same way as me. “Miss Jung, please answer the questions with as much d-detail as you can.” For once, his little slip-up wasn’t from nerves, but from anger. But as I looked at him again, I saw his fingers twitching and figured he was still nervous.

“I am!” Krystal sounded deeply offended, but I saw her share a secret smirk with Sulli. Victoria and Amber just looked bored, if not annoyed, at Kyuhyun.

“Krystal, shut up.” I gave her a warning glare and she shrank back, looking a tiny bit hurt. Almost instantly, I regretted it but kept up the angry façade. “Sulli, Krystal, please try and take this seriously,” I snapped. “This is an official investigation, and even though Kyuhyun might not be the best person to interview you, that doesn’t change the fact that Luna could be the murderer.”

“Excuse me,” Kyuhyun growled. “I’m the police officer in charge of these interviews, Miss Jung, and I’d appreciate it if you kept out.”

“Excuse me, but you’re being extremely unprofessional right now,” Amber pointed out. “Soomin has a point, you know.”

“Be quiet!” Kyuhyun said loudly, clutching the papers tightly in his hands. His face was slowly turning red. “I am in charge here! This is an official investigation so you will listen to me and keep quiet!”

There was a short silence until Sulli retorted with, “But you’re not being very quiet…sir.”

“Miss Choi!” Kyuhyun looked almost murderous at this point.

“Sir!” Sulli shouted mockingly.

“Yeah, sir, shut up!” Krystal added, crossing her arms.

“Krystal!” I chided.

“All of you,” Kyuhyun snarled, “shut up! Including you, Jung Soomin!”

“Don’t yell at her,” Victoria reprimanded, looking cross. “She’s trying to help you.”