Love

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]

“Daesung…” Seunghyun softly. He stared at me in my eyes. He looked me up and down. My skin pale, I had no color. My lips were blue and the area around my eyes were dark. My fingers were frozen. “Daesung…” He let slip through his lips.

I just looked at him and then moved my head slightly to look at the others in the room. The 2NE1 girls were here too. They all looked scared, but happy.

“How are you feeling?” Youngbae asked with a soft voice. He walked over to the bedside.

I opened my mouth to say something but tears only fell from my eyes… No words came out from my mouth.

Youngbae sighed and nodded slightly. “No need to talk. We’re just glad that you’re okay.” He placed a hand on my bed railing.

I looked at him and then at Seunghyun who was still holding my hand, he was looking me in the eyes. Tears fell down his cheeks.

“Daesung…” He said softly. “I know you hate me, I know we’ve grown apart… I know you probably still don’t want to marry me anymore…” He choked on his tears. “But please… Don’t do this again. Please don’t try to kill yourself. I’m sorry if… If I made you do this. I’m really sorry Daesung. I will understand if you don’t want me around you anymore.” Seunghyun held my hand tighter. “I just want to apologize for making you feel like that. I didn’t consider your feelings when you wanted to call off the wedding. I guess… I was just really upset and I didn’t know why. I’m really sorry Daesung.”

I closed my eyes halfway while looking at Seunghyun. The tears falling down faster. “I don’t want to call off the wedding…” I said softly. “I want to be married to you still…” I breathed in. “Please.” I said quietly.

“I don’t want to either.” Seunghyun quickly responded with a soft voice. “I don’t want to fight ever again. I can’t take it.”

Youngbae looked at us and then turned to face the others. “Let’s leave… We’ll leave them alone… okay.” He said softly. Everyone turned away and walked out of the room quietly.

“I’m sorry… Hyung.” I took deep breaths.

“No… I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have gotten so mad. It’s my fault… It really is.” Seunghyun placed a hand on my cheek. “I Love you.”

I smiled slightly, taking a deep breath, I said… “I love you too.”


 

Seunghyun smiled through his tears and leaned down to kiss my forehead. When he leaned back up, he looked me in the eyes and wiped the tears away.


 

~A week later~


 

“It was reported that shortly after last weeks press conference, BIGBANG’s Daesung tried killing himself.” The reporter on the TV said holding a microphone to . She was standing outside of the hospital where I was at. “The doctors reported that Daesung was at first not responding to the shock pads. They have used those several times after his heart stopped.” She looked into the camera. “Daesung came back after one final attempt and he was released from here a few days later. He is reported, by his bandmates, to be doing well.” She smiled. “Daesung sent in a letter to us, saying that the reason he attempted such a fate was because he was scared and felt lost… And that the wedding is no longer called off.” The reporter nodded. “The wedding is set for June 1st of this year. It will be a private ceremony and only YG family and a few other artist are rumored to attend. This is Kim Eunbi with Seoul news.”

Seunghyun turned off the TV as he stood up. Jiyong and Seungri were running around hanging up decorations.

“Jiyong! It’s crooked!”Seungri yelled pointing to the banner.

Jiyong slapped Jiyong upside the head. “No it’s not!” He yelled.

“Guys… Shut up.” Bom says to the two boys. She walked over to them. “Jiyong it is crooked… Don’t argue with me I am a woman and I have heels on…” She looked at Jiyong. Seungri stuck his tongue out and Bom turned around and faced Seungri. “And don’t antagonize Jiyong… You two will both end up on the floor hurting each other.” Jiyong stuck his tongue out at Seungri. Bom turned around and stepped on his foot. “I have heels on.” She walked away.

Seungri watched Bom walk away and then at Jiyong who was holding his foot, trying to not scream.

“Okay! How is everything so far?” Seunghyun asked walking out from his bedroom. CL and Minzy turned around to face him.

“The cake is almost done!” Minzy and CL both said in unison and saluted.

“Good!” Seunghyun nodded. “Dara?” He looked over at her.

“The presents are all neatly placed and the living room is cleaned!” Dara said saluting.

Seunghyun nodded and looked over at Jiyong and Seungri who… both ended up on the floor wrestling. “I give you two… the easiest thing to do… and you’re down here playing?”

Seungri and Jiyong looked up at him. “He started it!” They both yelled in unison and pointed at each other. They looked at one another and started rolling around.

Seunghyun sighed and rubbed his head. “Noona!” Seunghyun called looking around. Bom walked out from the balcony and over to Seunghyun.

“Neh?” She said looking at him.

Seunghyun picked up a banner “Can you help me finish the decorations…? Cause those two….” He points at Jiyong and Seungri on the floor. “Obviously can’t do it.” He shook his head.

Bom sighed and took off her heel. She walked over to them. “I HAVE HEELS ON!” She yelled. Seungri and Jiyong both started yelling. They quickly got up and Jiyong retreated to his room and Seungri hid behind CL. Bom smiled and walked back over to Seunghyun. “Yes I would love to help.”

Seunghyun laughed. “Okay let’s hurry and finish. Monica is bringing Youngbae back around 2:30 and it’s nearly 2 already.” Seunghyun said as he started to hang the banner.

Bom picked up the plates and cups and neatly placed them on the table. She placed the napkins and utensils down next to the plates and sprinkled confetti around the table. She grabbed the hats from the bag on the floor and placed one hat on each plate. “Dara? Can you help me tape up these balloons?”

Dara walked away from where she was at and come over. “Nehhh” She grabbed a few balloons and started to tape them all over the place. Minzy and CL finished the cake and gently placed it in the fridge. Minzy started to bring out the food and place it on the table.

Seunghyun backed away after hanging a few more happy birthday decorations and looked around. “Everything looks good. He smiled and nodded.

POP! Dara screams. Everyone looks over, they all started to laugh. A balloon popped in Dara’s face.

“It’s not funny you guys.” She pouted.

“Yes it is!” Bom laughs.

“Hey! It’s not your birthday you can’t cry!” Seunghyun laughed. Seungri sneaks by and heads to his room, still scared at Bom.

Seunghyun’s phone buzz’s in his pocket and he pulls it out. “Hey guys… They’re like 2 minutes away Monica said.” He placed his phone back in his pocket. “We need to quickly get in our hiding spots and wait until he gets inside and when he does, jump out and yell surprise.” He looked at the girls. They all nodded and quickly hid. “Jiyong! Seungri! Get your asses out here! Youngbae is coming!” Seunghyun yelled as he walked past there rooms banging on the doors.

He then walked into his room and saw me sleeping on the bed. He smiled at me. The color of my skin returned and that brought relief to Seunghyun’s life. He quietly walked over and sat on the bed next to me. He placed a hand on my cheek and gently caressed it. “Hey baby… wake up.” He said softly.

~~~

“How can you betray your own sister like this!” Mina yelled at Jiyong. Their mother was sitting in the chair in the same room.

“But sister, the prince really likes you!” Jiyong quickly replied.

“He is just a desperate man looking for a wife! He does not know who I am!” Mina continued to yell.

“Sister… What if it is true love though?” He said softly.

“There is no such thing as true love Jiyong… Now keep quiet! I have heard enough out of you.” Mina muttered pacing around the room.

“Mina… Don’t say that.” Their mother said softly.

“There is sister! You do not know it because you are blind. You are so afraid what is out there that you do not even know that there is possible good waiting for you.” Jiyong looked at her. “You are crooked!” He yelled.

“Jiyong!” Mina’s mother turns in her chair and looked at him.

Mina stopped pacing and turned around to face her brother. “What did you say.” She said walking over to him.

“I said you are crooked… You don’t see what is in front of you! You are worried about the past and not focusing on the future!” He stood up and walked up to her.

Mina slaps her brother. “Don’t you EVER say that about me again!”

“Who are you?” Jiyong asks softly as he places a hand on his cheek and looks at her. “I wish I had my sister back.” He turns away and runs up the stairs.

Mina just stands there and takes deep breaths. Mina’s mother stands up. She collects the cups from the table. “Your brother is right.” She says softly.

“Mother?” Mina responds.

“You are afraid… You don’t know how to let go of the past and grasp onto the future.” She looks at her daughter. “You’re scared of getting hurt again and I understand that… But if you push away the one who seeks you many times… You could lose your true love forever” Her mother heads to the kitchen with the dishes.

Mina turns and follows her. “Mother… You do not understand.”

“I do Mina… I have been in your shoes before.” She says softly as she starts washing the dishes. Mina just stands there. “I know what it is like to be afraid… But once you let it go… You’re more happier than before.” Mina looks away. “Don’t let one bad apple ruin the bunch.” Her mother adds. Mina looks up at her. “I know you have always wanted to be a princess…” She stops washing and turns around to face Mina. “Well… now it is your chance to be one…” She turns back around and continues washing.

Minda stands there and blinks, a tear falls down her cheek. “What if it is already too late.” She says softly.

“It is never too late to say how you feel… But there is a time limit on how long that person can hold onto it…” The mother responds.

“Hold on to it?” Mina looks at her mother in confusion.

“Love.” She says softly. “You can always say what you feel to another person, but it is up to them to accept it still.”

Mina looks at her mother before heading out the door.