Letting Go

Love at First Sight

tumblr_m9hz35NY2G1r33wkio1_250.giftumblr_m9hz35NY2G1r33wkio2_250.giftumblr_m9hz35NY2G1r33wkio4_250.gifskills

 

Zelo's POV:


It was Friday. We were eating lunch as usual on the roof top. Shannon kept looking up at the sky. "What are you looking at?" Jimmy asked her, looking up at the clouds to see what was so interesting. She giggled and said, "It's actually sunny today, and it's warmer than usual. We should go somewhere after school, like at a park." Going to the park seemed nice. Too bad I still had to follow Jenny noona's plan for Jimmy. I think I liked Jonguppie hyung's shovel idea better. It would've been so much easier, but I guess Jenny noona is pretty fun to hang out with.

"How about the skate park? I've always wanted to try skateboarding," Jenny noona suggested. Mylinh pouted, "But Jenny unnie, I don't like skateboarding..." Fatima smacked her arm, "You've never even tried skateboarding before. How would you know if it's fun or not? At least give it a try" "But we don't even have a skateboard!" Mylinh protested. "I have a skateboard," I raised my hand. Han asked, "What about the rest of us?" Jimmy smiled, "I can call my cousin right now to lend us some of his skateboards. He has a lot and he doesn't really use all of them." Shannon turned to him excitedly, "You think he would lend us some skateboards? It's gonna be so much fun!"

"Do you know how to skateboard?" Jimmy asked her. "Nope" she shook her head. Jimmy laughed, "It's alright. I can teach you!" "Yay! Thank you~" Shannon threw her arms around Jimmy for a quick hug and pulled back. I could see him smile as he ducked his head down trying to hide his blushing. I could see everything. I felt jealous and tried to convince myself that it was just a friendly hug. Fatima asked Jimmy, "So is it alright if your cousin lends us... 7... 8 skateboards?" Jimmy shrugged, "Depends if he would lend his own skateboard. He has 8 boards so I don't know"

Mylinh raised her hand and pointed to herself with her other hand, "I vote myself out! I don't like skateboarding. I'll just sit at a bench and watch you guys play" "I wanna go home and spend time with Jongho oppa~" Gizelle also raised her hand. Jonguppie hyung smiled but still said nothing. Han put an arm around Gizelle, "I'll go home, too! Besides, skateboarding doesn’t fit my style," she flipped her hair. Mylinh was going to raise her hand, probably going to say that she's going to go home to her computer, but Fatima grabbed her wrist, "Oh no you don't. You're coming with us. You're not missing out on the fun! You're coming with us"

Mylinh pouted, "But I don't even like skateboarding, and I'm going to miss my computer so much!" she sniffed and wiped an imaginary tear away. Oh, so it wasn't for Himchannie hyung. Hehe he's not even as important to Mylinh as her internet. Well she’s been mad at him for a while now... Fatima facepalmed, "There's a Starbucks store next to the park so you can use their free wifi at the skate park." Mylinh suddenly turned excited, "Really?! Okay! I'll go~". Shannon looked around the group and turned to Jimmy, "So 4 skateboards? Is that alright with your cousin?"

Jimmy took out his phone, "Maybe. I'm gonna text him right now and ask. He'll probably give us a ride too, since his van can fit all 6 of us." "Wait, I have to go back to the dorm to get my skateboard though," I told him. "I'll tell him to drop by at your dorm building first before dropping us off at the skate park," Jimmy answered without looking up from his phone. We continued to eat our lunches to wait for Jimmy's cousin's reply. Only a few minutes passed by before Jimmy received a reply.

He read the text and looked up, "My cousin agrees to give us a ride, but he said his friends borrowed his skateboards so he only has 2 left" "Only 2?" Shannon asked, "Why don't we take turns then?" Fatima nodded in agreement, "Yeah! Zelo and Jenny unnie can share his skateboard, I'll take one of your cousin's skateboard and you and Shannon can share the other!" she snapped her fingers, "That's perfect!" Jimmy laughed then nodded, "Okay, I'll tell him that." He sent another text as we finished our lunches.

I was pretty excited to go to the skate park. It would be empty because it's still winter. But then I realized that Jimmy would have more time with Shannon when he teaches her to skateboard. I was upset because I wanted to be the one to teach her. Jenny noona poked my arm and I turned to her, "What is it, noona?" Jenny played with her hair, "Uhm, I don't really know how to skateboard. But it seems fun! Would you teach me? I really want to learn!" I shrugged, "Sure." Jenny looked extremely excited, "Really?! Yay! I wanna learn all those cool tricks that people do with their boards!" I smiled and went back to my food. It should be easy teaching her to skateboard.

I thought wrong. Jenny was confident to learn at first, but the moment she stepped on my skateboard, she had a really hard time keeping her balance. "Okay let's try this again," I helped her back up on my skateboard while my foot held it in place. "Sorry if I'm ruining your skateboard..." Jenny gave me an apologetic look. I can't say that I wasn't a bit upset that she was scratching my board whenever she tried to stop but falls, but I don't want to be rude and we really don't have any other choice. "It's alright, I can always get a new one," I smiled. Jenny reluctantly stepped on my board while holding onto my arm. She was shaking so much. "Relax. You'll fall if you shake too much," I told her.

Jenny noona relaxed a bit and took a deep breath. I continued to instruct her, "Okay, put you right foot on the board like this, and your left foot on the ground here. Remember to keep your knees bent". She did as I told. "Okay, good, now slowly push your left foot back and skate to those swings over there," I pointed to the set of swings just 10 feet away, "I'll follow right next to you to help". Jenny noona nodded and pushed back her left foot. She pushed a little too hard and she fell just after skating a couple feet away from our starting point. Luckily, I was following beside her and caught her in time.
 


Shannon’s POV:


Jimmy was going to teach me and Fatima to skateboard, but Fatima refused. She told us, "I can figure it out. You can teach Shannon!" she hinted with her eyebrows and ran to practice on the sidewalk near the benches. Mylinh was sitting on a bench, occupied on her ipod. She never goes anywhere without her ipod. I don't think she can survive without internet for too long. Gizelle, Han, and Jongup oppa were already at the dorm when Jimmy's cousin dropped them off. His cousin was really nice. He even offered to drive back to the dorm afterwards, but Fatima told him that we could just walk back. He insisted anyway since we needed to return his skateboards later, so we accepted his offer.

Jimmy was teaching me to skate along the sidewalk without losing balance. Skateboarding is a bit tricky. I want to learn but I keep getting scared of falling. It feels like when I first learned to ride a bike. I stepped on the board with shaking legs. If Jimmy hadn't kept the board in place with his foot, then I would've fallen on my by now. Jimmy told me to bend my knees as he held onto my arm to help me balance better, while I held onto his shoulder. I slowly pushed my left foot back as Jimmy followed right next to me. We reached the slide and stopped before we heard Jenny unnie's screech. We looked up and saw Jenny unnie falling and Zelo catching her. I missed being in Zelo's arms... Jenny squirmed to get up, she looked both scared and frustrated, but she still got back on the board and tried again.

Jimmy pulled me off the board, "Let's practice some more," he stepped back and let me get on the skateboard without his assistance and pointed to the bench where Mylinh was sitting, "Skate to Mylinh and back. Remember to bend your knees and don't push too fast." I turned to look at him, "By myself? I mean, you're not gonna follow next to me?" Jimmy smiled, "'Do you want me to help you?" I nodded and he walked towards me. He was going to hold onto my arm when I pulled my arm away, almost falling over the skateboard. "Careful! You'll fall" Jimmy grabbed onto my arm to keep me in place. I smiled, "I just want you to walk next to me so I don't fall".

Jimmy teased, "I wonder what I'm gonna do if you fall to the other side of the skateboard" "You would just stand there and I would kick you in the face as I fall," I joked. He pouted, "No! Not the face!" he covered his cheeks with his hands. I laughed, "But seriously, don't let me fall!" "I will always be there to catch you," Jimmy said with a sweet smile, trying to sound romantic. I heard Mylinh laughing at her bench, "Oh my gosh Jimmy. That was the cheesiest thing I've ever heard you say!"
 


Jimmy's POV:


I saw Shannon blush a bit before Mylinh laughed at me. Hmph, who cares if it sounds cheesy, it works! Shannon was totally falling for me~ I'm so good with the ladies.

So I walked beside her as she skated down the pavement. I was really attentive with each move she made as I didn't want to be too slow to catch her when she falls. Shannon was actually getting the hang of it. She was more balanced than before. I was a bit disappointed by this. I was actually hoping she would fall so I can be a hero a catch her in my arms~ "Wow, Shannon's skateboarding!" Mylinh clapped. Shannon smiled as she skated towards the benches. Out of the bushes, a squirrel ran by just in front of her.

Shannon panicked and tried to stop the board by putting down her left foot, but she lost balance and screeched. This was the perfect opportunity; I swiftly caught her in my arms. "Ohh~ Jimmy's so heroic~" Fatima giggled as she skated by in front of the benches. Mylinh stuck out her foot and stopped Fatima's skateboard and Fatima jumped off it, preventing herself from falling, "Hey! What was that for?" she slapped Mylinh's arm. "You were ruining their moment~ and you were skating too close to me" Mylinh stuck out her tongue and innocently smiled. "Aish, this girl..." Fatima got back on her board and skated away.

I looked down at Shannon who was still in my arms. She had her arms wrapped around me since I caught her. "You okay?" I pushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Yeah," she glanced at the board, "Is the squirrel okay?" I laughed, "Yeah, it ran away safely". I don't know what's funnier. Mylinh tripping Fatima or Shannon still concerned around that squirrel. I should thank that squirrel. I was thinking about stuff and didn't notice Shannon trying to stand up straight, but my arms were still wrapped around her. "Uhm... Jimmy... what are you doing...?" she asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, sorry," I let go of her and went to get the skateboard, "Let's have a break". I pointed to the benches.

Shannon nodded and followed behind me. We sat down near Mylinh, but she stood up and went to another bench nearby and sat back down. Shannon gave her a look and Mylinh pointed at us, mostly me, "I don't wanna be near Jimmy when he's around Shannon... He might do something" she wiggled her eyebrows. I facepalmed at her, she's definitely not as innocent as Himchan hyung thinks. Shannon gave me a look, "What does she mean?" "Huh? Oh, it's nothing. You don't wanna know," I shook my head and laughed.

Fatima appeared in front of us, "Pst, Shannon, I'll tell you what Mylinh meant~" she whispered. Just then, a snowball came out of nowhere and hit Fatima on her shoulder. "What was that for?!" she turned to Mylinh. "Shannon doesn't need to know those stuff! Jimmy can show her~~~" she wiggled her eyebrows at me again. I was going to protest, then we heard Jenny scream again and we all turned to the swings.
 


Zelo's POV:


Jenny was trying to keep herself balanced on the skateboard while I was distracted by Shannon and Jimmy. I really hated that squirrel... Everything was fine before until he came along and ruined everything! Now Shannon was with Jimmy and Mylinh and Fatima couldn't stop making dirty jokes. I snapped out of it when Jenny noona screamed. I turned and saw that she fell on her on the pavement while my board was flipped over, with the wheels still rolling in the air. I ran to help Jenny noona up, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Are you okay?" Jenny smiled and nodded, "I'm fine," then turned to my skateboard, "Although I'm not sure about your board... Sorry..." I walked over to my board and picked it up.

There were a few scratches on the surface, but other than that, it's completely undamaged. "Nah, it's fine. I made some scratches on my board too". We walked towards the benches where Fatima was trying to get Mylinh onto her skateboard. “Come on, Mylinh. It’s really fun! It’s not even scary. I’ll push you,” she tried to convince Mylinh. “No! I never agreed with any of this! I just wanted free wifi!” Mylinh grabbed Shannon’s arms and pushed her towards Fatima, “Here! Shannon will replace me~” Fatima crossed her arms, “At least try, Mylinh!”

The sky started to get darker, “What time is it?” I asked. Jimmy took out his phone, “It’s almost 6.” “When is your cousin coming to pick us up?” Shannon asked him. Jimmy just shrugged, “I don’t know. I’ll just call him,” he dialed the number on his phone. Fatima took this opportunity to shove Mylinh onto the skateboard, “Go, Mylinh, go! Skate like the wind!” “NO,” Mylinh shouted as she got off the skateboard and ran to the swings. “Hey, get back here!” Fatima ran after her, “Shannon help me get Mylinh on the skateboard!” Shannon just pushed the skateboard to roll towards Fatima and smiled, “Good luck, Fatima~”
 


Jimmy’s POV:


My cousin pulled up his car at the curb when Fatima was still trying to pull Mylinh from the swings. "Fatima, Mylinh, let's go, Jimmy's cousin is here," Shannon called out to them but they didn't respond. Jenny went up to them, "Let's go, our ride is here. We can buy some milk tea at the shop on the other side of the street when we get back." "Yay, milk tea!" Fatima and Mylinh jumped for joy, "Jenny unnie is the best!" I glanced at Shannon and she sighed in disappointment. I didn't know what she was disappointed about. "Okay, let's get on the car first," I grabbed the skateboard, then put an arm around Shannon's shoulders and walked with her to the car. I didn't look behind me but I could feel Zelo glaring at my back.

When my cousin dropped us off at the dorm building, Fatima and Mylinh instantly dragged Jenny to the shop across the street for milk tea. Shannon didn't say a word and just started walking to the elevator. Zelo silently followed behind her with his skateboard. I caught up with them just as the elevator door opened. We didn't say anything in the elevator. We were just as quiet when we were still on the car. I wondered what was bothering Shannon so much that she just went straight into the girls' room without a word.
 


Zelo's POV:


"Hey, Zelo, how was the skatepark?" Yongguk hyung asked from the couch. I shrugged, "I couldn't try the ramps because I was trying to teach Jenny to skateboard." It was okay actually. Though I wanted to teach Shannon instead. But she seemed to enjoy herself with Jimmy... "Where are the girls?" Himchan hyung asked. I pointed my thumb to the direction of the shop, "They went to buy some milk tea". "I'll be right back!" Daehyunnie hyung grabbed his jacket and ran out the door. "Yah! Wait for me!" Youngjae hyung tried to put on his jacket as he ran out after Daehyunnie hyung.

"Hey, get me some too!" Himchan hyung yelled after them. Han and Gizelle were at the table reading a magazine. Jonguppie hyung popped out from our room, "What are we having for dinner?" Before I could say anything, Yongguk hyung told us, "We should order pizza." Himchan threw the phone to Jonguppie hyung, "Here, Jongup-ah, you can order them." Jonguppie hyung smiled, "Ne," and dialed Pizza Hut's number. I closed the door and went to take a shower.

The pizza already came when I got out of the shower. Jenny noona, Fatima, Mylinh, Daehyunnie hyung and Youngjae hyung also came back with their milk teas. Himchan hyung was a bit upset with something. "What is hyung upset about?" I jokingly patted his head. "These 2 fatties didn't buy me milk tea," he pointed and glared at Daehyun hyung and Youngjae hyung. "Hey, we were already in the elevator, how could we have heard you?" Youngjae hyung defended.

"You couldn't have possibly been in the elevator already. I shouted after you right after you got out the door! And how come you bought one for everyone else but me?!" Himchannie hyung crossed his arms with a pout. Mylinh was just sipping her milk tea during all this so Himchan hyung gave her a smile and 'cutely' asked, "Mylinh-ah~ Do you want to share that milk tea with me?~" I almost gagged at hyung's aegyo. "No." Mylinh continued drinking her milk tea. "But wae?!" Himchan hyung facetabled. Babochan doesn’t seem to understand that Mylinh is still mad at him.

Fatima chan hyung some more, "Himchan oppa, want some?" she waved her cup in the air. Himchan hyung smiled and was going to accept it, but Fatima handed it to Yongguk hyung instead, "Too bad, I'm only sharing it to Yongguk oppa!" she laughed and stuck out her tongue. Himchan hyung facetabled again, "Why are you all doing this to me?!" "Here you can have mine," Shannon gave him her milk tea that hadn't been opened with the straw. "Thank you!!!" he instantly took her cup, stabbed the straw through the top and started drinking.

Shannon was feeling upset about something but she wouldn't talk about it even if we asked. Jimmy whispered something to her for a while and she finally smiled a bit and ate her slice of pizza. I don't know what Jimmy said to her but at least she's happy now. I wished it was me instead of Jimmy though... but why was Shannon blushing like crazy... and why was Jimmy eating with his left hand? I thought he was right handed...
 


Jimmy's POV:


I couldn't help but notice that something was bothering Shannon, especially after she gave Himchan her milk tea. Usually she loves milk tea too much to just give it all away to someone else. I leaned in and whispered to her, "Hey, is something bothering you? You know you can tell me anything." She tried to put a smile on her face, "Nope, nothing's bothering me. I was just saving space in my stomach for pizza," she bit a tiny piece of her slice of pizza. I tried to get her to tell me, but she kept denying it, "There's absolutely nothing wrong. Stop asking and eat your pizza," she pushed my plate towards me.

I pouted and poked her cheek, "Come on, tell me, please~" She laughed and pushed my hand down, "Eat." Before she pulled her hand away, I held her hand and interlocked fingers. I could see Shannon's face turn bright red as she tried to eat her pizza normally. I picked up my slice of pizza with my left hand. I took a bit and looked up, surprised to see that Zelo was giving me a confused look. Uh oh, did he see? I didn't think so. We were holding hands under the table. I tried not to notice and continued eating my pizza as if nothing happened.

 



Zelo's POV:


Sunday morning, Jenny noona and Jimmy decided to come to the dorm to visit us again. Now that I think of it, Jimmy and Jenny noona had been coming to our dorm a lot... So often that they practically live here now. Jenny noona has been coming over to play and hang out with the girls, sometimes even cooking lunch for them. Jimmy and I were sitting at the table, while Jenny and the girls were sitting on the couch and the floor, just talking about guys. Shannon seemed like her normal self now, although she's not joining in the girls' conversation, she's definitely smiling a lot more.

As if forgetting that Shannon was there, Jenny noona started saying, "Zelo seems to be really into our 'relationship'" she did quotation marks with her fingers. I panicked, what if she revealed the plan? What is Shannon gonna think? She's going to hate me so much and actually get with Jimmy! No, I don't want any 'Shimmy'! I tried to make various (and exaggerated) hand signs to tell Jenny noona to stop talking. She didn't even notice me even though she's sitting there, facing straight at me. She kept on talking, "He makes it so realistic!" I saw Shannon give Jenny noona a confused and curious look. I panicked again, what if Jenny's gonna reveal the plan with whatever she's gonna say next?! I ran to Jenny noona and did the only thing that could shut her up: I kissed her.

Jenny noona looked like she was in heaven. She had that smile on her face the entire time. The girls thought I was a great actor (that's what they told me later). I turned and saw Jimmy hugging Shannon from the side trying to comfort her. Her face was pale, it looked as if she just saw a ghost.

I felt so bad for doing that. I’m sorry, Shannon! But I can’t let Jenny noona ruin her own plan. And we still need to get Jimmy to be jealous... I’m starting to regret following this plan. Everything is getting so complicated and out of hand.
 


Shannon's POV:


What was Jenny unnie talking about? 'Zelo seems to be really into our relationship'? 'He makes it so realistic'? Suddenly I couldn't think straight when Zelo ran to her and kissed her. I became unaware of my surroundings, all I could see was Zelo kissing Jenny unnie. I felt something warm around my shoulders and realized that it was Jimmy giving me a hug. I peeled my eyes off Zelo and Jenny unnie and turned to Jimmy. I was going to ask what he was doing when it dawned on me, he was trying to comfort me and make me feel better. I thought of a few days ago when Jimmy held my hand under the table, also to comfort me.

Up until now, I had realized that Zelo already has Jenny unnie, so it's too late for me to get back with Zelo... And Jimmy had always been there for me... He had been nice to me this entire time. Maybe I should give him a chance.
 



Monday morning, Shannon and her group walked into the classroom. Jimmy instantly turned away from his friends and sat up straight. Shannon sat down in her seat next to Jimmy and smiled at him, "Good morning~". I smiled back, "Good morning," his heart pounded against his rib cage, "Uhmm, is it alright if you could come with me to the library after school for a bit?" She thought for a moment then smiled, "Sure! What are we going to do at the library?" "Uhm... I want to borrow some library books for chemistry and I need your help picking out some books," Jimmy scratched my head nervously. He didn't know why he was so nervous. Today he was suddenly nervous at the thought of going to the library after school with Shannon. She gave him another smile, which she probably got from Jongup hyung, he thought, "Sure, I'd love to help". Throughout that day, Jimmy had a hard time concentrating on the lessons, he was too busy thinking about after school.

The bell rang and everyone rushed out to leave school. Mylinh ran up to Shannon, "Shannon! Are we gonna go to the market to buy some chocolate?" she asked excitedly. "Oh, I forgot about that! Sorry, Mylinh, but I have to go to the library with Jimmy for a bit." Shannon gave her an apologetic look. Mylinh pouted, "What?! Why would you go to the library? It's so boring! Jimmy needs to come with us to the market! He can buy chocolates for someone~" she hinted with her eyebrows to Jimmy. "I'm sorry, Mylinh, but it's for class," Shannon told her.

Fatima popped up from behind Mylinh, "We can go without them, they can have their alone time in the library~" she also hinted with her eyebrows to Jimmy. Shannon crossed her arms, "We're just borrowing books! Right Jimmy?" she turned to him. "Yeah," he nodded, and something else... Jenny came into the class to walk with the girls to their dorm like always, "Ready to go?" Mylinh pointed at Jimmy and Shannon, "Shannon and Jimmy won't go with us to the market" she whined.

Zelo looked up, surprised at what she said. "Hm? What are we buying from the market?" Jenny asked her. "Chocolates!~" Han and Gizelle exclaimed happily. Jenny laughed, "Okay, I'll buy chocolates with you girls" "Zelo and Jongup too," Gizelle pointed out. "Yes, them too," Jenny nodded. "What about Shannon?" Mylinh asked with a pout. "She can go to the library with Jimmy~" Fatima gave Jimmy a smile, "We'll buy extra chocolate for Shannon". "Okay, let's go then," Jenny waved at them to follow her to the market after Jongup got out from his class. "Bye, Shannon!" "Have fun with Jimmy!" Fatima and Mylinh waved at Shannon and Jimmy as they followed after Jenny.

After they left, Shannon turned to Jimmy, "We should go too," she picked up her backpack. "Yeah, let's go," Jimmy grabbed his book and headed out the school with Shannon.
 


Jimmy's POV:


After looking through countless shelves full of science books, Shannon and I finally picked out 2 books to check out. Shannon was carrying one of the books, "Do you have your library card?" She asked as we walked towards the checkout scanner. "Yup," I took out my library card and held it between my fingers, "Right here~"

We scanned the books and headed towards the exit. "Should we go back now?" Shannon asked. I grabbed her hand, "Actually, there's something else I need to do". "Oh, what do you need to do?" she asked in curiosity. "Come here for a sec," I led her to sit at a bench in the far corner of the library. 

I took her hands in mine and looked at her in the eyes. Shannon blinked in confusion. I took a deep breath, "So, uhm, we both know how Zelo and Jenny are really a couple now, and, uhm, oh, uh, sorry that my plan didn't work..." I stuttered, "Anyways, so, I guess it's a little too late for us to get Jenny and Zelo back, so, uhm..." I scratched my head I stuttered badly, "W-will you be my girlfriend?"

 


ARE YOU HAPPY NOW FATTYMA?! we won't be updating for a loooooooong time. SUFFER.

                               -mychannie and zeshanlolol