Chapter 7

The Eternal Battle

“There can be no good without evil.”

                                -Russian proverb

Woora glared at the night sky as it crept in and chased away the sunlight. It would be a full moon tonight. She felt the monster growl within her mind, pounding against the bars that caged it in. Her resistance was weakening quickly as she sprinted for the lake.

She gasped as the freezing water hugged her legs. She stopped. A shiver passed through her body as she continued on into the blackening lake, shedding her sweater. Woora gave it a careless toss towards the shore before pulling off her shirt.

She dove. The water encased her, filling her veins with ice. Chilling daggers pierced her skin as she swam deeper into the lake. Her lungs cried for air as she pushed herself to the bottom of the lake. The monster inside her clawed at its restraints as the night sky became a purer shade of indigo.

Woora opened to scream, only to find herself gagged by the water around her. She felt an agonizing pain as she began to transform into the beast that she detested. It felt as if her skin was splitting at invisible seams as her limbs stretched her into a gangly wolf.

Her legs propelled her to the top. She let out a long howl as her head broke the surface. Woora panted heavily as she dragged herself to the shore. An angry growl resonated in as she shook away the water that matted her fur.

Woora tensed as a set of voices approached her. They laughed carelessly as they neared her aching body. Bloodlust swam through her veins as she her fangs hungrily. Her yellow eyes scanned the area as her ears perked at the accuracy of their placement.

She padded silently towards the voices, using the bushes as a cover. As she closed the proximity, she readied herself to pounce.

“Hey, what are all these clothes doing out here?” asked a man.

“I don’t know. Aren’t those women’s clothes?” responded the other.

“Maybe she’s skinny dipping,” said the first.

At that moment, Woora let out a snarl and leaped into the air, knocking over the first man. Her fangs roughly tore at his throat, immediately silencing his screams. Woora let her eyes wander to the other man as she ripped away at an arm.

The bloody meat left a foul taste in , but she found herself unable to stop. Her lips pulled back into a satisfied grin as blood dripped from her snout. Having sated her hunger, she dragged the remains into the lake and watched the body sink to its depths.

Woora slowly felt the control returning to her as she pushed the beast back into its cage. Sobs filled the silence as she swam back to shore. Her body shivered violently as she picked up her clothes and hastily threw them on.

Bile rose in as she tasted the lingering metallic poison on her teeth. She sunk to her knees, weeping. Disgust filled her as she stared into the black lake.

----------------------------------------

Kind of a short update. It was roughly a page in word document. I didn't want to add anything else to this chapter, since it's already pretty dense with action.

Comment/Subscribe!

~Emylie<3