Goodbye

Happy Hyunseong Day

 

The next day, Hyunseong and his manager were already at the airport waiting for their flight. They took a morning snack at a café inside the airport idly since their flight was still a few more hours to go. Hyunseong answered a call on his manager’s cellphone from the Boyfriend members since he doesn’t have a cellphone of his own.

 

“Hyunseong ah… Gwenchana? I was so worried about you,” said Donghyun from the other line.

 

On the other end, Hyunseong could see all of the members cramping through the small phone’s camera. They were talking through a video call.

 

“Hyunseong~!!! I miss you! You made me worried sick!” said Jeongmin.

 

“Hyung~ You are embarrassing me. It’s only been a day,” said Minwoo.

 

“Yah! Shut up maknae…”

 

Hyunseong laughed at the humour s displayed. He truly missed them, even if it was a day. “I miss you too Jeongmin. I miss all of you…”

 

“So hyung… Where have you been?” asked Kwangmin.

 

“Ah… that…”

 

“I bet you had difficulties speaking to foreigners right? Your English is just as bad as us,” said Youngmin.

 

“Ya! That sounds like an insult Youngmin ah~” said Hyunseong feeling hurt. Youngmin hid behind his twin and Minwoo. “You’ll pay when I get back.”

 

“Did you meet any of our fans where you are?” asked Donghyun getting back onto the topic again.

 

“I did meet some…” said Hyunseong.

 

“Ooohh… He’s smiling. You must have met a lot of YOUR fans,” said Jeongmin.

 

“Of cause. It was his birthday yesterday after all…” said Donghyun teasingly.

 

Hyunseong turned red after being teased by his hyung.

 

“Ya~ Hurry up and come back, arraso… Don’t hug all the attention to yourself again. You disappearing once is enough,” said the leader strictly.

 

“Arraso hyung~”

 

“Okay. See you soon in Seoul~ Annyeong~~ Ppyong!!”

 

The members waved at the blonde member and Hyunseong waved back at him. He was glad that his band members were thinking and worrying about him. He was glad that his manager was quick enough to find him and fetch him though he could get used to having free time like this. He was eternally grateful.

 

Even though, disappearing overnight seemed impossible but if it was God’s way of granting his wish to make him happy on his Birthday, he gladly accepted it. He slowly drifted back into his memories of yesterday as he was escorted by you in town.

 

You took him to a clothes store he’s never been to before. He wore new clothes that he really liked. He was grateful that you paid for him since he had no money on him. Since he didn’t expect to be transported into another country, how could he prepare anything? But to be honest, he did feel a little bad for letting a girl so nice like you to pay for him. You did all you can to make him feel at home when he was scared out of his mind being a total stranger in a foreign country.

 

He grew more comfortable with you when you bought him a birthday cake and let him celebrate with more of his fans he met yesterday. In Korea, there’s a term of sasaeng fans which would totally keep idols to themselves but you weren’t like that at all which made him trust you even more.

 

“Oppa~! I have a song prepared for you. You’re surprised?”

 

Hyunseong just formed an ‘O’ with his mouth just waiting what you we planning to do next. Slowly at first a song on your cellphone played and he could hear “Only You” a song he sang for an OST was going to be sung by you…

 

“sarang-handa sojung-han neo maneul

sarang-handa naboda sojung-han neoreul

nae yeong-hone neomaneul damkoseo

neol wiihan ma-eum modu bonaenda~”

 

All the girls applauded by your brave attempt singing in public. Hyunseong personally liked your singing and thought your voice was sweet. That was his personal favourite song as well…

 

Hyunseong didn’t realize how long he was drifted in dreamland as his manager woke him up saying it was almost time to check in through the departure gates. So slowly he got up and carried his light luggage. He wished he could stay a little longer. Maybe luck was still on his side. Maybe you would still be by his side.

 

“Was I hoping too much?” he asked himself and heavily sighed.

 

Hyunseong and the manager queued in line to get their passports checked when he saw a familiar figure running and searching through the crowd. It was YOU. He quickly called you, “You! YOU~!!!!” by calling you with all his might, you finally turned around and saw him.

 

You can’t believe your eyes. You found him. You found that person who made you smiled the most, laughed the hardest; but most of all… he made you feel your heart pounds the most because you knew how much you loved him.

 

“Oppa~ I…”

 

Hyunseong pulled you into his embraced and caressed you like he always did. Even though you two just met yesterday, you were so fond of his touch and his warmth already it felt like electrifying.  When you two broke off the hug, he gave you a soft peck on your forehead and you felt it so hot there. You guess he’s the first person who can make you go crazy like this.

 

“Oppa I’m so sorry for yesterday.”

 

“Gwechana…” said Hyunseong. He took out something his pocket and placed it in your hand. It was a cute phone strap to remember him by. “Don’t forget me.”

 

“How can I oppa…? You’re always my number #1.”

 

Hyunseong was so happy hearing that.

 

You also took out something from you bag and gave it to him. Hyunseong saw what it was – it was a photo of him and you with all his fans from yesterday celebrating his 20th Birthday. The caption says: “Forever in our memories…”

 

“Cheomal kamsamnida You.”

 

You thought Hyunseong’s smile was everything that time so bravely still… you leaned forward and kissed him on his cheek gently. He didn’t flinched but he was stoned as a reaction. You kept a smile saying, “I love you oppa… Don’t forget me.”

 

Hyunseong was overflowing with emotions that he could hold back his tears anymore… “I love you too, You. Forever and always…”

 

You saw him left and stayed until his flight took off. That was your final sight of him…

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

But of cause… more days to come, you were back in front of your computer screen opening Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube watching Kpop all over again. You also cheered on for Boyfriend and kept your eyes on that certain blonde figure who was singing lively than before. You were glad he returned safely back in South Korea and performing as usual.

 

You glanced back to your cellphone and gazed gently at the small piece hanging from it. It was the most precious thing next to him you hold dear – the phone strap he gave you. You knew it was entirely impossible he would ever call you again or even write to you. Even if he did, you couldn’t possible read hangul efficiently. You giggled at yourself for that.

 

But one thing is for sure. Everything that happened on the 9th of June was real. Hyunseong oppa’s Birthday was so real to you that it will forever remain a precious memory to you.

 

“Saranghae oppa~”

 


A/N: The End... How did you like it? I wish I could update all of it in one day but I was spending my whole day with my cousins celebrating their Birthday. Omo! Hehe. So I had cake on my Oppa's Birthday. Happy me... As you know, this is purely my imagination, a fanfic 100% so nothing is entirely true about what I wrote here but I do hope it does spark a smile, a tear in every reader and fan of Boyfriend, epscially a Hyunseong biased fan. I hope you enjoyed my little piece and continue to support Boyfriend as they make their comeback and their debut in Japan very soon. Aigoo~ It always seem busy when it's Hyunseong's Birthday. Let's all hope he enjoyed it to the max even though it's over. May all his years to come be filled with happiness. :D