Wishes

Happy Hyunseong Day

 

8.00 A.M…

 

The sunshine hits your complexion softly through your window making you slowly awake from your slumber. Your eyes flutter opened and you rubbed them gently trying to make yourself fully awake. You had a good night sleep and felt satisfied. Like every other day, you want to rise and get yourself washed but somehow, you felt like looking at your side today…

 

There was a man beside you deep in his sleep. Your reaction was: “Who’s this? He’s looks awfully like Hyunseong oppa… I must be dreaming…” You yawned and fell back to sleep. But it was funny you don’t feel sleepy anymore; struggling beside you, he slung his arm onto your body unaware since he was still sleep.

 

“Omo!” you yelped. You can’t believe it’s real so you screamed. “Aaahhhhhhhh~!!!!”

 

Hyunseong jumped out of his sleep and sat up looking at you. He shut your mouth as a reflex and your eyes widen. But in return, he also had his eyes very wide open and using his other hand, he also closed his mouth trying to contain his surprise. The both of you heard heavy footsteps to your room and quickly you pushed Hyunseong off your bed as result he was behind your bed covered by it so by the time your mother went in your room, she only saw you.

 

You, I heard you screamed. What just happened?” asked your mom.

 

“Uh…” you glanced beside your bed. You were glad that Hyunseong was keeping quiet. “Nothing mom. I just thought a bug was in my bed crawling on me.”

 

“Omo! Are you alright?” she asked you again.

 

“I’m alright. Just my imagination I guess,” you assured her.

 

“If you say so. I’ll be going shopping now. I have some errands to run. Your breakfast is downstairs.”

 

“Thanks mom.”

 

Your mother closed your door and you let out a sigh. Even though you can feel yourself panting for telling some wild lies to her but you wished they were all true so you slowly peeked at the other side of your bed again checking if he was really there from before. He still was; the same person who you have watched behind your computer screen: Shim Hyunseong – tall and masculine, with his newly bleached blonde hair. He was in a white beater and his hair was messily, you could tell he was asleep from before but yea… You just can’t believe he’s right there with you!

 

“Who are you?” of cause you knew he was Hyunseong of Boyfriend but just to be sure you asked him.

 

Hyunseong blinked his eyes; seemingly he was thinking of something. “Boyfriend’s Hyunseong,” he said shortly.

 

“You are really him? Jinjja yo???” you pushed your bangs backwards still couldn’t believe the situation you were in.

 

“Dangsin-eun nugu yo?(Who are you?)” he asked you.

 

Since he was talking in Korean, a foreign language to you, you tilted your head slightly in confusion. “This is bad. I’m no expert in Korean. I only know a few phrases. This is bad… I can’t communicate with him like this,” you thought as you bit your lip. But since you two just met, logically he wanted to know who you are, you introduced yourself, “My name is You. Nice to meet you Hyunseong oppa.”

 

You put your hand forward for a handshake. He hesitate at first to take it but he thought you were friendly and took it anyway. He opens his mouth to say something but he fumbles through his lines, “Wh –where …is here?”

 

You wanted to laugh at his broken English but you couldn’t since you knew that most Koreans aren’t experts of English you let it pass. “This is my house. It’s not near Korea. I’m guessing you want to go back. I’ll help you.”

 

- - - - - - - -

 

While you prepared Hyunseong’s breakfast, he was already dialling the number to his manager through your phone. He was getting frustrated when his manager wasn’t picking up for several times but he didn’t give up.

 

You saw how frustrated he was and could feel how he felt. “Poor oppa. He’s really trying so hard. On his birthday too.” But then you saw his face lit up.

 

“Yeobseoyo? Hyung~!” said Hyunseong feeling really happy. “Hyung, it’s me Hyunseong. I’m really glad you picked up… finally!”

 

“Hyunseong ssi?! Where in the world are you? You disappeared through thin air.”

 

“I know right? I freaked out of my mind as well. I don’t know where I am right now,” said Hyunseong.

 

“Speaking of that, where are you? I’ll send you someone to pick you up. We have to cancel all schedules today because of you.”

 

Hyunseong’s head was hung low and you couldn’t help to feel sad as well. He looked your way and called you with his hand gesture to continue his call. You calmly talked through the phone.

 

“Yeobseyo…” you answered calmly as possibly.

 

“Hello…” the receiver answered in English. “Who are you and where do you live? I believe that Hyunseong ended up at your place somehow but we need him so badly so can you give me your name and home address? We’ll be sending a person to get him ASAP.”

 

You sighed through the line and composedly left him your full name and address. In your mind, “But I want to spend more time with oppa~”

 

“Thank you for your cooperation. Please take care of him and don’t do anything selfish.” The line ended.

 

“Don’t do anything selfish? Who does he think I am?” you said out loud. Hyunseong just innocently blinked at you since he couldn’t understand English that well.

 

You looked at him and he looked at you. You had mixed feelings because you were happy that your number #1 bias was with you, another feeling was he won’t be staying long; obviously. Since you two were off on an awkward moment, he just sat in the living room waiting for your next move.

 

“Is there anything you like?” you asked him.

 

“Any… thing?” he asked back.

 

“Anything…” you said again.

 

He was playing with his fingers but he couldn’t say anything. Maybe because he couldn’t converse in good English and didn’t speak any of your language.

 

“It’s OK. Speak in Korean if you please… Please oppa… I know I’m not good in Korean but I understand just some phrases but I’ll pick up. I’m really a big fan of yours so I’d like to know if there’s anything that I can do to make you happy.”

 

Hyunseong just smiled at you eventhough he couldn’t understand everything you said. “Are you a Bestfriend?” he asked in Korean. You only understood ‘Bestfriend’. “Who is your favourite?” at least he could say that in English.

 

You smiled bashfully, “It’s YOU oppa…”

 

When he heard your answer, he jumped in joy. “Jinjja yo??”

 

You nodded and he hugged you so tightly. “Waaa!! I have a fan!!” he cheered in Korean. Even though you didn’t understand, you could feel he was really happy.

 

“Oppa… Let’s get out of here and enjoy.”

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

The two of you hit the mall in your area. You gave Hyunseong some of your father’s clothes but he wasn’t suitably dressed in casuals and he had to dress in your father’s working clothes instead. He wore and brown suit with a light blue long sleeve shirt inside. His pants were also brown matching the suit and to top it off, you gave him a light brown hat of yours. He kinda liked his new style. Also, not to forget, since he was going to walk in public, he wore some black sunglasses to hide his identity.

 

You two strolled in the mall like a dating couple and you couldn’t get any happier than that. But with the crowd of people starring at you, you couldn’t shake the nervousness away. Hyunseong noticed this.

 

“Gwenchana?” he asked.

 

You nodded, “Nae oppa… Let’s go there,” you said s you pulled him to a store.

 

It was a clothing store for men and it made Hyunseong very excited. He quickly browsed through the store like it was the internet. You just watched your beloved oppa doing what he likes.

 

“How do these look?” he asked you.

 

“Jjang oppa!” you said trying to speak Korean fluently.

 

“Jinjja?” he went to the changing room and get change, trying the clothes he seemed fit to his taste.

 

After trying on many clothes for several minutes… He finally came out with something he really like. To be frank, you thought it really suited him. He was wearing something very simple: A colourful printed t-shirt and black pants made him looked like a normal teenager. You blushed at this sight making your cheeks warm as ever.

 

“How do I look?” he asked.

 

“You’re so handsome oppa~” you said bashfully.

 

At the word ‘handsome’ he also blushed understanding what you meant. You checked out the clothes he liked but noticed that your money was running out just for that. Hyunseong glanced at you but you put a smile on to make sure didn’t notice anything. He went up to you and starred at you a while.

 

“It’s expensive, wasn’t it?” he asked in Korean. You didn’t reply since you didn’t understand. Plus he was being too close to you; automatically your heart starts racing. “I feel guilty for making you pay for me.”

 

“Oppa~ What is oppa saying? Today is your Birthday, so let me make you happy,” you said to him.

 

“Let’s go home…” he said taking your hand into his.

 

You like how his big hand held onto yours and let him take you wherever he wanted but soon you realized you two were already away from the mall onto the streets. Many pedestrians thought there was nothing wrong with the two of you even though you start struggling from his grasp to hold him back but it was useless… “Oppa is stronger than I thought.”

 

“Oppa~ Oppa!!” you shouted.

 

Hyunseong couldn’t ignore your call anymore and stopped. He turned and faced you who were hurting and worrying. Then he also looked sad for making you like this. “Oh mianhe! Cheomal mianhe You. Uljima…” he said holding you and wiping your tears with his hands.

 

“Bu –but oppa seems to dislike me. I don’t know why. I –I just want to make you happy today because it’s your birthday today. Why doesn’t oppa like me??” you said with watery eyes.

 

“Geugeon sasil-i aniyo. (That’s not true),” he said in Korean. “I’m very happy. You are my fan but I don’t want you to sacrifice so much just for me. It’s not fair…”

 

You wiped your tears clear from your eyes only to stop making him worried. Hyunseong sighed. It was hard to understand each other when one can’t understand the other’s language.

 

Suddenly a group of girls were closing up on the two of you…

 

“Are you Boyfriend’s Hyunseong?” they asked.

 

“Nae…” said Hyunseong.

 

The girls squealed and cheered in joy. Mostly they congratulated Hyunseong’s birthday but they also said they were surprised to actually meet him nearby. Lastly they asked for his autograph and took pictures with him.

 

“Where are you going next oppa?” asked his fans.

 

Since Hyunseong didn’t understand, he didn’t answer. Then the girls looked at you who was quietly standing near him.

 

“Who are you? Why oppa is with you?”

 

“Umm… Oppa is… well… I’m his P.A here…” you bluntly answered.

 

They glared at you; they didn’t you believe a bit. You were scared with the girls since they all looked older than you and you didn’t want to pick a fight. Hyunseong just held you close by the shoulder and told them that it was OK. “She is with me,” he said confidently in English.

 

Even if the girls were a little bit jealous over the skinship you two have, you can’t help yourself but to waver over his actions just now. Even his English accent sounds y.

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

The girls brought you and Hyunseong to a nearby café and cake shop called Secret Recipe. They told Hyunseong to relax as you and one other girl went into the shop to buy something. Hyunseong smiled and laughed along with his fans as they talked about random stuff and played some Korean songs. Since his fans were really nice to him and wanted to show him something, they put on a little show for him.

 

“Oppa~ We’ll sing and dance for you,” they said.

 

Hyunseong smiled and clapped along watching his fans entertain him with their dancing talents. They even sang some songs sung by Boyfriend. Hyunseong praised them well and had a good time. After a good short show, you walked out the shop with a lit up cake. You and the rest started singing Hyunseong a birthday song.

 

“Saengil chukae Hyunseong oppa~!!” you all cheered.

 

Everyone threw confetti and the atmosphere lightens up as Hyunseong and the fans ate cake together. Someone took pictures and others chatted among themselves. Hyunseong and you became much comfortable communicating with other by then as he slowly leaned your way and whispered, “Gomawo yo~”

 

“Anything… for you oppa…” you said smiling.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

 

You two returned home later that evening after spending one whole day in town. Both of you felt satisfied and Hyunseong smiled as if he was the happiest person alive that evening.

 

“Was that fun oppa?” you asked while walking.

 

“A lot…” he said. Even if he said that in Korean, you can tell he meant it was a lot of fun since he was smiling brightly.

 

“Oppa~ I’m glad you ended up appearing at my side today. Even though it’s your Birthday, I really wished that I could spend it with you so I can make you happy.”

 

Hyunseong looked surprised when you said something foreign to him so fast he couldn’t understand but he decided to listen to you anyway. But his smile left him though.

 

“I know we started off badly but it all was fun in the end. And most importantly… I don’t know how you feel but I’m so happy that I was able to make you smile so much today. Since you did, today is the best day ever. To be honest oppa, it hurts so much inside that I want to be with you every day. Before I've met you, I only see you from afar… from behind my computer screen… and I've longed for this day to come... I –I…” you words became hoarse that you started to tear up and cry; halting your steps forcing Hyunseong to take you into his embrace. "I want to be with you forever oppa~!!"

 

His hushes you gently and carcasses you. “You are so important to me, I know now. I don’t want to leave you too. You are the greatest birthday gift I ever had so please don’t cry,” he said.

 

“Op –oppa~~” you cried hardly in his arms.

 

At your house, you mother was waiting for you.

 

You! This person came to our house a –and… Who is that?” you mother asked in surprised.

 

“Mom…” you started slowly. “This is Shim Hyunseong. A member of Boyfriend, a Kpop Idol I admire mom,” you said introducing him.

 

Hyunseong bowed to your mother and he saw a familiar face in your home. “Hyung~”

 

“Hyunseong ah… I’m glad you’re safe. Please clean up everything, we’ll be leaving soon. You must be You. Thank you for taking care of him. Here’s something to repay you. It’s not much but please take it,” he said giving you a check.

 

You were shocked at the item you received and quickly changed hands with him. “No. I’m sorry but I can’t take this. I’m alright. It wasn’t much.”

 

Hyunseong forced you to take it because he thought he has troubled you enough for today for making you pay a lot for his clothes and all.

 

“Oppa… Gwenchana~ I had fun today spending time with you and all…” you said.

 

Hyunseong again, forcefully make you take it without any second words.

 

“Oppa~!!” you didn’t like this at all so you ran upstairs to you room as result sulking.

 

“Please forgive my daughter…” said your mother to Boyfriend’s manager.

 

“No, it’s alright… I understand.”

 

Hyunseong told his manager to translate something to you mother for him and so he told your mother, “Hyunseong said, he is sorry for making You cry today. He’s very confused since it ended up like this. He was sure they had so many great times together since they celebrated his birthday together with some fans. He’s really grateful for what she has done; she even bought him a present and cake which he really liked. He liked everything about today.”

 

His manager paused when Hyunseong whispered again into his ear. “He wants to thank her very… very much.”

 

Your mother sighed. “I will be sure to tell her. When will you be going back to Seoul?”

 

“Tomorrow.”

 

“Will You be seeing me off?” asked Hyunseong in Korean which made your mother wondered what he said. So the manager translated for him.

 

“I’m afraid I don’t know…” your mother simply said.

 

Hyunseong frowned. He was really hoping you could see him off at the airport tomorrow but would you?

 


A/N: Hyunseong oppa~ Sorry for making it so sad in the end. The OC was being a little too sensitive too. But anyway, this is how I imagine how I would want to celebrate Hyunseong's birthday. I would want to sing and dance for him. Buy him cake. What makes it a little more special, I get to make him breakfast. Teehee... Sorry to end this chapter in a sad mood. I'll try to make things better with the next one. I promise. ;D