9th of June

Happy Hyunseong Day

 

In Korea…

 

11.50 PM… 8th June 2012…

 

“Shh…” said the angelic vocalist of Boyfriend Jeongmin to the rest of his dongsaengs making sure they didn’t make a sound.

 

“Are you sure this is going to work hyung?” asked Minwoo.

 

“Don’t you trust our leader? He got this one covered,” said Jeongmin confidently.

 

“Ah ottoke~!? Hyung, what am I supposed to do?” asked Kwangmin nervously.

 

“Aish this kid. I told you so many times already…” said Jeongmin hitting the 4D twin. “Youngmin, how’s the cake?” he asked the blonde twin instead.

 

“It’s here,” said Youngmin.

 

“Kwangmin… Minwoo… Take care of the cake. Light it up. I’ll just keep a watch for Donghyun hyung’s signal,” said Jeongmin.

 

“Roger!” chorused the maknaes.

 

In another room, Donghyun was busily keeping a conversation with Hyunseong talking about their plans for their upcoming comeback and their debut in Japan very soon. As the second hyung in the group, Donghyun thought it was necessary for him to discuss them with him. He even threw in some advice to take care of his health and voice since he was the main vocalist of the group. Hyunseong was paying 100% attention but little did he notice how late it was becoming until…

 

The lights went off and the room they both were in became dark.

 

“Hyung!” called Hyunseong worryingly. He wasn’t that afraid being in the dark; he was naturally worried if something went wrong.

 

“Maybe it was the breaker, let me check it,” said Donghyun hurryingly to the door.

 

But before Hyunseong could actually grab onto something and use his other senses to figure out his surroundings, he could hear all his group members singing with faint candle lights in his sight.

 

“Happy birthday to you… Happy Birthday to you… Happy birthday Hyunseong hyung~~ Happy birthday to you…! Seangil chukae!!!” cheered the members.

 

With that all the lights , Hyunseong could clearly see the other members of Boyfriend bringing in his birthday cake with a couple of colourful balloons. Youngmin carefully brought the cake forward so Hyunseong could see the writings on it which read: “Happy 20th Birthday Hyunseong.” He was too happy to express his feelings.

 

“Omo! Don’t tell me you’re going to cry again like last year?” asked Donghyun.

 

The other members laughed. And Hyunseong even with watery eyes still can crack a laugh with them.

 

“Kamsamnida everyone,” he said.

 

“Hyunseong hyung… Please make a wish. Make it a memorable one… We’re almost going to do our comeback and everything going on with our Japan debut… We’re really sorry we can’t do much as our schedule is too packed…”

 

“I think you said enough Youngmin. Just let him make the wish already,” said Jeongmin hitting his dongsaeng lightly. The others laughed agreeing.

 

“Anyway, thank you Youngmin. Here I go…” taking a few precious moments thinking to himself, carefully Hyunseong made his wish and blew out the candles of his birthday cake.

 

All of Boyfriend clapped.

 

“Happy 20th Birthday hyung!!” cheered Minwoo blowing his party horn making noise. Kwangmin even joined in.

 

That night… They partied all their hearts out.

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

You… At your own country…

 

You sighed in front of the laptop again for the nth time, you don’t know. You had your twitter and facebook account open just checking statuses here and there; trending #HyunseongDay. A small smile curved on your lips.

 

“Oppa… Saengil chukae…” you said in Korean.

 

You stretched your arms in the air and did some little in sitting positions exercises in order to shake off your drowsiness. It was already in the middle of the night and you stayed up just so you can purely wish Hyunseong’s Birthday officially on the 9th on June. Since you already have, you decided it was time to log off but…

 

“Ahh~~ Oppa… Why do we have to live in different countries? It’s not fair. Dangsin bogo ssi peo!”

 

You reopened another internet window server and opened tumblr. Since you followed so many Boyfriend updated tumblrs, it makes sense all you see were photos and gifs wishing Hyunseong’s Birthday. There were even some that make you reminisce last year’s birthday celebrated for him.

 

“This is oppa’s second time celebrating his birthday with Boyfriend. So lucky…” you said smiling. “I wish I could celebrate it with you…”

 

You hit your head, “Ah! It’s impossible. I should stop thinking the impossible. As if… Boyfriend is too busy right now. Silly me… Celebrating his birthday is up to him; it’s not mine to decide.”

 

With that said, you finally closed your laptop for good and hit the covers. It was just another day only you are among the other fans of Boyfriend out there wishing personally in each to their owns hearts’ the main vocalist of Boyfriend’s birthday.

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

In Korea…

 

The Boyfriend members were already sound asleep after enjoying partying with Hyunseong and making him happy. Hyunseong was still excited after the short party couldn’t get his eyes to shut. It was his second year celebrating his birthday with the members. He felt very blessed but he felt a little lost.

 

Compared to him, Donghyun… Even the twins held a small celebration party with the fans. He wished he could do the same and celebrate his birthday with Bestfriends as well but just like Youngmin said, they were just too busy keeping up with the schedule.

 

“Maybe next time…” he said to himself.

 

“What next time?” asked Jeongmin.

 

Surprised, he rolled to his side looking at Jeongmin in the pitch dark room. “You aren’t asleep?”

 

“I guess not,” answered Jeongmin calmly. “Hey, may I know what you wished for?”

 

Hyunseong kept silent.

 

“C’mon! Please tell me. We’re bestfriends after all.”

 

“Aniya~ It’s a birthday wish. I can’t tell anyone that.”

 

Jeongmin pouted at the answed given by the older male and decided to tuck himself deeper under his covers. Hyunseong just smiled at his reaction and decided to close his eyes. In the end, Hyunseong just smiled thinking what he wished for himself.

 

“May it be a happy birthday for me…” he monologue in his mind as he drifted into dreamland.

 


A/N: First Chapter up! Happy Birthday Shim Hyunseong. Congratulations to our Boyfriend's Main Vocalist. It seems this is his second time celebrating his birthday as a Boyfriend member. I hope he will get our many many birthday wishes from us, Bestfriends. He may not be reading this, but I still want to make it because he's my Bias after all. Saegil chukae oppa!!~~

 

Ppyong~~ :D