Chapter 6 - And You Are...?

Dear Kai, I Hate Your y Smile!

Chapter 6 - And You Are...?
 

 

 

 

 







"Oh, hi" Jyeha turned to see Kai walking up to her with that stupid smile plastered on his lips.

She ignored him and looked away grumpily.

"Nice to see you too" he chuckled.

Jyeha just rolled her eyes and looked out for the other idiot to come.


Kai looked over at Jyeha scanning her from top to bottom.

She wasn't like most female idols. In fact, her group wasn't like most girl groups. Now that he thought about it, they were completely different.

None of them wore dresses, high heels or skirts and when you look at their faces it wasn't loaded with heavy make up; you just saw natural beauty.

Even their songs showed a different approach to Kpop. Their songs were meaningful not that other songs weren't but theirs were almost realistic and their dancing weren't just a shake here and there sort of thing. It was pretty complicated and something Kai wouldn't mind dancing to.

He remembered when he was looking up info on Jyeha and a strange fact caught his attention. She was scouted by many agencies but she rejected them all. Even the famous SM and YG. Instead she geared her attention to Cube where she was rejected more than once.

He didn't understand why. Why did she want to debut under Cube?

Just like Baekhyun, she didn't train from long, maybe a year for the most.

She wasn't different from other girls though. He could tell. She wanted to be loved but she didn't know it. She wasnt all that different but there was something about her that Kai found strange.

Maybe it was because of his Seongsaengnim's threat that he had to make her love him but yet still he didn't know why she was different from every other girl.

It can't be that he's in love with her right?

Of course not.

His concentration was broken when an unfamiliar person walked towards them. Eyeing him carefully he was about to ask something when the latter spoke.


"Nice to meet you Jyeha-ssi" he smiled. Kai looked at him. Although he was smiling he did not too friendly.

When Jyeha did not respond Kai squinted his eyes in confusion.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Minhyun" he extended his hand towards Kai with a bow.

"Kai" he replied firmly with a short nod as he shook his hand.


Jyeha groaned on the inside. Her blood boiled with frustration. How dare he even have the audacity to fake a smile and utter her name.

She wanted to grab his neck and choke him until he couldn't breathe and collapsed dead on the floor. But no. Not yet. He had to suffer. And she wasn't going to let him escape that easily.


"Jyeha-ssi?" Minhyun called out to her.

Just hearing him speak her name was enough to trigger her temper.

Instead she decided to hold it in.


"Yes?" she forced as her voice croaked as various pitches.

Kai's eye twitched at her voice.

"Shall we discuss our assignment?" he asked with a smile.

"Sure" she returned with a scowl.



Kai eyed her and Minhyun carefully. Maybe she didn't like boys. But that didn't seem like it. It seemed to be something else, Kai thought.

Something much more intense. And it had to do with Minhyun. He had never seen such hatred towards someone before.


"Is there any particular song you'd recommend?" Minhyun asked as he pulled out his phone.


"Not that I can think of" Kai said while glancing back and forth at Jyeha and Minhyun.


"Jyeha-ssi?" he asked.


"Molla" her reply was dead flat.


"Um....what about..." and so the discussion went on.


Jyeha felt the hairs on her back raise each time Minhyun called on her.


When they were in the middle of still trying to find a song a teacher interrupted them.


Jyeha never felt so uncomfortable in her life. She tried her best to stay away from Minhyun but Kai was right next to her as well.


"How's it going?" he asked.

Jyeha kept quiet throughout the entire thing.

"We still didn't come across anything" Kai said with a shy smile.

"I see.... Hmm.... How about 'The Girl Who Can't Break Up and The Boy Who Can't Leave'" he suggested.



Kai glanced at Minhyun earning a nod and then at Jyeha who just shrugged with her poker face.


"Ok" he smiled.


"Great" their teacher smiled and scribbled on his clipboard leaving them in complete silence.


"I guess we should plan a date to begin rehearsals?" Minhyun spoke first.


"I guess" Kai scratched the back of his head.


"Since you're dancing... There's no need for you to be there while Jyeha and I rehearse right?" Minhyun said eagerly.


"..." Kai was silent.

"Great then Jyeha-ssi. Let's go to the library" he spoke with a smile as he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him.

Kai didn't like the idea of leaving Jyeha with that guy. Something wasn't right. Sadly before he could protest he had already exited the gym and was out of sight.


Kai looked on with a glare. Something was not right.


"HYUNG!!!!!!!"

Kai snapped out of his gaze and looked at the person who called him.

"Oh. Sehun-ah, what is it?" he asked.


"I was calling you for about a hundred times already!!!!" Sehun groaned.

"Sorry!" Kai rubbed his neck with a sheepish grin.


"Urgh. Nevermind! Anyway, I came to tell you that Ms. Han said something about working solo and then after the individual parts of the song were ready to inform them as soon as possible. The deadline was in the next 3 weeks. There will be an on stage performance for the rest of the school! Hyung.... Where are your partners?" he asked looking around.

"...uhm... Sehun... Something seems fishy...." Kai said.

Sehun squinted his eyes at his Hyung.

"Wae...?" Sehun asked.

"Do you know a Kim Minhyun?" Kai asked nibbling on his lips.

Sehun thought for a while. 


"... No. Molla" he said confused.

"Why?" Sehun asked eyeing his Hyung.


Kai thought for a while before speaking.


"...come on!" he pulled Sehun with him.


He knew just who to ask.


Looking about he stretched his head in hope of finding at least one member.

Finally spotting a member Kai hurried across pulling the maknae with him.


"Hyung! I'm going to fall!" Sehun exclaimed.

"Mian!" Kai said.



"Jiah noona!" Kai called out.

Jiah turned to face the person who called her.


Surprised to see Kai and Sehun running towards her she quickly bowed with a slight blush.


"Oh Anneyong!" she waved.


Kai grinned happily while Sehun half heartedly waved back while catching his breath.


"Did you need something?" she asked with a smile.

"Ah Ne! Um... Noona do you know a Kim Minhyun?" Kai asked.


At the mention of his name Jiah's face darkened. It was the scariest thing. Kai and Sehun jumped back in fright. What the...?




Jyeha stared at the hand around hers. With a growl she immediately ripped her hand away.


"Don't you dare touch me" she spat.

He turned to her with a smirk.

"Or what?" he lifted an eyebrow.

"Or you'll regret it" she hissed.

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do about it?" he scoffed with a nasty smirk.

"Something I should've done long before" she glared.

"Please. The only thing you can do is cry like a little baby" he smirked.

"You wish" she growled and walked off.


Grabbing her wrists he pulled her back, digging his nails deep into her flesh. Jyeha felt The pain whip through her like a slap by heavy metal chains.


"Let go of me" her voice was low and dangerous.

"Make me" he smirked.

"Don't make me repeat myself" she glared.

"Ha! And that's supposed to frighten me?!" he scoffed.

"Don't feel too good. I'm not the same person you knew" Jyeha smirked. Her lip twisted evilly causing Minhyun's eyes to widen.

"Pshh. Right!" he scoffed unfazed.

"Fine. You asked for it" she glared and with one swift movement she punched him square in his jaw causing him to let go immediately.

Then smoothly, she lifted her leg cross against his face twisting his body to the left as he fell to the floor in pain.  Grabbing his right arm she bent it backwards in an almost unnatural position as she hissed in his ear while he groaned in pain.


"I told you you'd regret it!" she spat and soon released him.

"!" he spat.


*SLAP*


Directly across his face. 


"Next time I'm not going to spare you" she scowled and walked off.






"Um... Why exactly are we here?" Kai asked as they entered the empty classroom.


When the rest of Mystiq entered they turned to the two of them.


"Before we say anything you have to promise me you both won't utter a single word got it?!" Mystiq's leader lifted a finger.


Gulping Kai and Sehun nodded.


"Good"

Looking at one another, Mystiq hesitated slightly before speaking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!