Angry Bird

Unreadable Mind

NOTE: When there's Chinese dialogue (mostly between Luhan and Kris) the text will be PURPLE UNDERLINED

 


 

 

I can't believe we have to do this lame talent show thingie in the first place. EXO are a bunch of cute kiddos except for that serious, expressionless and cold Kris. He scares me now. But- he's so perfect. Luhan beats him though. He's really beautiful. I wish I had a sister like him.  Okay what.  Let me die~ Oh no, we have partners. Nooooo. Paired up with either: T.O.P or Kris, I'll cry. 

"Minzy with Seungri, Bom with G-Dragon, Dara with T.O.P and CL..."  the main CEO trailed off.

"N-ne? Whom I'm paired up with?" 

"A Chinese duizhang."

"C-chinese? Duizhang? As in leader? That could only be.... OH NO. HECK NO," I might cry now.

"Calm your language CL, yeah Kris from EXO-M."

"No way, no way! There's no way I'm paired up with that angry bird!"

"Angry bird? What's that?" 

"Nevermind! But why? He's cold and is always irritated when you 'bother' him."

"He is always like that to strangers, he'll eventually open up and I know this because SM's manager told me."  

"He better or else I'll request to change partners. Hmph."

"Okay. But please don't act immature, haha. You're both leaders so it'll work somehow." It'll work? El oh el. He's from SM and my biggest rival. So how?

"Fine," I frowned. Dara patted me on the back and gave me an apologetic smile. Oh, I don't need that right now. 

 

Kris' POV

" D.O with Kai, Baekhyun with Chanyeol, Suho with Krystal, Sehun with Luhan and Kris with..." EXO-K's manager read out loud from a list. Chanyeol jumped on Baekhyun's back from happiness and excitement; Suho blushed slightly with Kai poking him in the back, teasing him; Sehun's eyes lit up with joy. Kris frowned and stared at the manager. 

"YES?"

"U-uhm, mianhaeyo. Kris with...CL," the manager coughed. Kris' expression didn't change but smirked slightly. *So I'm paired up with that feisty girl? And she's a leader? Hah, things are gonna get fun here.

"Okay uh, you're supposed to find your partner on the set and introduce yourselves, I guess," everyone found their partners and I wasn't that excited really. I indifferently slumped my hands in my pockets and shuffled around. CL was nowhere to be found. Oh is this how it's gonna be. "Fool."

"Yah!" I shivered at that voice.

"What..."

"You...jerk," I blinked and scoffed at CL.

"What the... what the heck did I do?"

"I heard you."

"Hm?"

"Don't play innocent with me, Angry Bird-ssi."

"Angry Bird-ssi?"

"Okay am I the only one that knows Angry Bird? Da fuuu."

"Uh, yeah apparently. Now what did I do exactly?" Playing innocent drove her nuts; it's fun.

"YOU CALLED ME A FOOL." Ooh, death glare. Like it scares me, pfft.

"Ha ha, very hurtful. Now why don't you pretend I never said that...Wait, how did you know I called you a fool? " This girl. She's weird, like the heck? She gave me a sarcastic smile. 

"I know a lot of things, duh. I've been in K-pop industry for 3 years; I'm bound to know what comes at me."

"Oh that's reaaally cool. Apparently we're supposed to introduce each other but I think I know who you already and it's enough."

"Aish YOU! Where'd you get that cold face? Is it plastic?" CL stifled a laugh. 

"What did you just say? Where'd you get that dirty mouth? From the dumpster? By the way, I am not plastic, never will be and NEVER ask about my personal life."

"I don't have a dirty mouth. I don't swear."

"Suuuure. Like that is totally plausible," I gave her my beotch face.

"The more you make that face, the more you look like Angry Bird."

"Who's-" I got cut off.

"Annnnnyeeeeeongggg~! How are you two? How's life? Is Kris being an idiot?" Kai magically popped up behind from CL. 

"Kai. Go. Away," I shot daggers at Kai who was hugging CL like a little child. 

"Noooonaaaa~ you look disturbed."

"It's nothing," CL glared at me trying to tug Kai off from her waist. "Get off of me please, Kai," Kai wouldn't budge.

"Nuuuuu~ I love CL noonaaaaa." She relaxed and let him hug her; Kai is always so clingy. But very clingy when he sees CL. He'd never stop staring (creepily) at her pictures. He secretly goes to 2NE1 concerts in secret with D.O. Annoying. What if they got caught? They'd bring the attention to them and ruin their concerts, sheesh.

"Okay Kai, that's enough. Quit the skin-ship. People are looking at you."

"Nuuuu~" 

"I said now!" I growled and Kai finally let go with a pout.

"Why are you so harsh, Kris hyung?" 

"No comment." Kai ran away.

"Yeah, why are you so harsh? I like him, he's cool! Gosh. er."

"What? I'm harsh? No, I don't think so. Now for your information, we have to go back on set. Apparently we're filming first episode."

"Aha. One day you will answer me; Okay.  See you."

I wanted to turn tables. Kai is annoying. CL is annoying me with her attitude. It's a shame Tao can't speak Korean very well so he couldn't participate; I feel lonely. We had to return to the set, I wasn't feeling in the mood to do anything but read magazines and rap some lyrics. Of course, Luhan was no help to my sudden loneliness. He was enjoying his time with cuddling with Sehun and then later being surrounded by coordi noonas. Tao is probably practicing Wushu or walking by the beach alone. While I'm stuck on a set for a random lame talent show. I rather walk down a runway and show people what I'm made of. Probably silk.

"Kris gege!" Luhan shouted to me.

"Yeah? Wassup?"

"The sky. No. The ceiling. Nothing much, how about you?"

"I don't want to be on this set."

"Why?"

"Surrounded by annoying people."

"Yo, are you being asked 'Why are you so harsh and cold?' all the time? I feel you."

"Yeah. Now tell me how I can escape."

"Sorry, I can't tell you. We'll both get in trouble. You'll survive, this will only take an hour."

"Ah, that's right. But an hour feels like a painstaking year for me."

"Whatever. Now we gotta go back. Enjoy being CL's partner, she's hot," Luhan winked and ran off casually. WHAT? That's the first time I heard Luhan say that about a girl. I always questioned him about his se*xuality. Whether he was gay or not; the thought of it turned my face red. I assumed those things because of the way he acts with Sehun. Plus, he's prettier than a girl. Weird. I shook my head at the thought and shuddered. *It's not possible. Not ever, not in his whole life; NEVER.* I walked to the set, almost dozing off into space since I was so bored and not amused. First episode: Back story. Introduction to members. BORING STUFF. 

"2NE1 debuted in 2009 into YG Entertainment, making a break into the K-pop world that left our mouths hanging and wanting more of them each day. I'd say, they have a unique style and swag; something we don't get to see a lot these days. These 4 members are pretty and are really talented, no doubt. CL is the fantastic, passionate leader. She can speak fluent English, Korean, French and Japanese. What makes her unique is her fierce rapping. Then it's Dara, is 28 but not quite. Her young, youthful face makes her the cover of a lot of endorsements including Etude with SHINee. She has a cute voice and a tomboyish yet girly charm. Then it's Bom, the slender-legged doll with a pretty voice with a nice range. She gives the chorus a nice touch. Minzy is the maknae; curvy yet y, impresses us with her rapping. No doubt but she can also be cute without trying. 

f(x) also is an awesome group debuted by SM Entertainment in 2009 as well; they are named the "function girls" with their name meaning a mathematical notation on a function or calculus as you call it. They strive to adapt in any situation and give off a fresh vibe. The five-member band has a Chinese members, Amber; Amber is the one with the unique tomboy style and rapper. The girls are like a family; Krystal is the younger sister of her senior sister Jessica Jung in the group SNSD. We sure like f(x) and their style!

Big Bang formed in 2005 and debuted in 2006 under YG Entertainment. They made their song 'Lies' a big hit and soared  the charts. Taeyang, Seungri and G-Dragon have also released solo albums to broadcast their individual talent. They also made an impact to the Hallyu Wave as they became really popular overseas. They have made overall success to being a popular group that reaches out to fans even globally. 

Last but not least, there's a rookie group that got a lot of attention. EXO. They debuted this year, in April and released more than 20 teasers, teasing the already formed fans. SM Entertainment promoted them really well online and impressed us with 'Mama'. The concept of EXO is 12 beings from Exoplanet, meaning planets outside the solar system. They all have powers. They almost burned the Tree of Life so 'Mama' sends them to Earth. There's EXO-K and EXO-M, two different sub-units, one promoting in Korea and one in China. They are insanely popular as rookies and also insanely good-looking."

The introduction was so long and boring. I almost fell asleep. This will be a long day since my hope of being entertained is gone. Oh well. The first activity: regular chess. Bo-ring. I was white side, CL was the black. I'll make sure she doesn't win hehheh. I shifted my pieces and found sneaky places to steal CL's chess pieces. Everytime I stole one, she'd groan and get annoyed. The game was enjoyable because I enjoyed seeing CL's reaction of annoyance and making her lose. I shifted the last piece again with CL's mouth gaping open. "Checkmateu." I raised my hand. I stuck my tongue out at CL.  

"No fair, it's not my fault I'm paired up with an arrogant, coc*y GUY."

"Who's arrogant?"

Next activity: Boot camp. Dang. Run through tires. 20 jumping jacks. Planks. 60 push ups and sit-ups. Ugh; at least I'm in shape. CL could barely do ONE push-up and 5 sit-ups. EL OH EL. 

Last activity: Weirdest activity I ever heard- crossdressing. WHAT THE - So we had to switch our clothing and pretend to be the other person. EW. I HAVE TO WEAR A GIRL'S CLOTHING. I THINK I'LL DIE. 

Well, it wasn't so bad... though it was embarrassing as heck. I got checked out by my band members, apparently I looked "hot." WTF. I'm not a girl! Weird EXO. I had to wear CL's tanktop. And harem pants. They made me wear a wig that looks like CL's hair. I looked so weird; I looked like a drag queen minus the makeup. CL wore my blue shirt and jeans. She had her hair in a wig that looks like my hair as well. She looked...handsome. WHUT. Weird for me to say that about a girl, especially her...

Luhan was right. She's hot. 

Wait. What am I saying? I never say that for a girl. It's not respectful.

"Hey look at me! I am Angry Bird-ssi, Kris from EXO-M imnida! I am so hot, y and stylish you know? I am also a diva so don't you dare mess with me. I also like reading Chinese magazines and I think CL is an annoying bish. Sooo, I have an expressionless face that occasionally turns into a devilish smirk or my beotch face. Indeed I am very manly and I am an awesome rapper la la la. I'm done with mah awesome speech, xie xie!" CL did her interpretation of me; everyone laughed like crazy. I sat there, with my face all red and felt embarrassed, *is that what people see of me all the time? Expressionless? Beotchy? Rude? Cold? Diva?* 

"Hey yo, wassup? I'm CL from 2NE1 and it's been a long time comin' but we here now! I'm so y you know? I got the swagger, a'int denyin'. I love all mah homies and my sistas of my band. I know I got the flow, I'm trying to show. I know you can't deny, I'm so fly. Listen to me y'all, you got nothin' at all. I can speak a lot of languages because I'm cool like dat and I really think Kris looks like an Angry Bird and looks plastic so the joke's on him ha ha ha! That's all yo." I rapped. Then again; they laughed and mostly Kai did because he loved the rap about CL so much he almost cried. Haha. Well, CL sat there amused by my rapping skills; almost as if she liked it. Most importantly, her face was red and snapped out of it and glared at me. "You loser," she mouthed. I smirked evilly, "I think I won." 

It was an hour. The weird stuff finally ended and we went back into our real clothes. What a freaking weird day. I swear I'll never crossdress again. But CL's perfume didn't rub off of me...and it smelled quite good. Hm.  And she looks quite nice as a guy afterall... 

"Finally. We're done. Well see you, I gotta read my magazines and watch Chinese drama now. Buhbye." I left the set as soon as possible, to hide my so-called expression and left aggravated. 

"He's weird. Dude. He actually had an expression. OMG."

"Omo! What did it look like this time?" Dara giggled.

"He looks flustered, haha. I dunno why. That face...hah."

"Oooh. Wae? He probably hated wearing your clothing, Chaerin-ah."

"No duuh. He's a dude. But his clothing felt nice okay! Comfy. It looks better on him though."

"Ooh! Nice? Why? You like his clothing? You like it better on him? Ah CL. Don't tell me you're starting to like him."

"Yeah. It feels nicer. Whuh. EW. NO. NEVER. Don't bring that up again. No way I'll like that Angry Bird. He looks like that stuffie my cousin always likes to throw at my head. Pft."

"Aha... keke. Ne, his face is a little creepy sometimes. He needs to smile." Hey! I'm not creepy. Why is my face creepy then?

 

I heard it all. I wasn't actually reading or watching anything.

 

I actually hid behind the door, so I could calm down and then eavesdropped on their conversation.

 

It felt wrong and I was guilty but it was hilarious. Ooh, it'll be much easier to tease CL now...

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: It's a tiny bit short but I have another story I am writing so yeah orz ;A: mian

In this chapter I write casually too much so sorry D: 

Sometimes, I'll be serious and sometimes I like having a light mood ^__^ ~ TAEMINTi™~