You're going down...EXO.

Unreadable Mind

I stretched my arms out and yelped out. The sunlight bled through my curtains, shining luminiscently. At least it wasn't raining; I was depressed yesterday because it was dark, cloudy and the rain poured like the Heavens were crying. I easily get depressed nowadays. I'd be fine when I'm doing something to get me busy, but when I have nothing to do, I start feeling sad and like I'm going to break down any moment (for no reason.) I went to the doctor to get checked up; they said  it was nothing more than 'stress from being an idol'. This and last month, 2NE1 was busy with releasing our Japanese single "Scream" and after promoting we're going to have a small break and release few other singles in July. 

 

 

"I just wanna keep dancin'; I got us messin'; Yuttari to yoi deru keredo; Yoha kōe ize; Akireta saitei; Itsumademo made; Irareru wakenai deshou; Katte iwanaide..." My phone rang; "Hello?"

"Chaerin-ssi, we need you and the others of 2NE1 at my office now. We have a message for you."

"Ah, arrasso Hyun Suk-sunbae. We'll be there. Good bye," I hung up politely. (Let's say that one of the CEO's called her) I wondered what the message was. Our CEO sounded kind of excited when he called me...something fishy. 

"Dara-eonni! Bom-eonni! Minzy-ah! CEO Hyun Suk called us to his office. We have some sort of message. Hurry!"

"Huh? Now?"

"Ne, we should go. I want to know what message this is..."

"Arra~ let's go!" Minzy got us together and left our dorm while Bom locked it. We quietly tip-toed through the halls while excitedly chattering. We knocked on the office door and Hyun Suk opened the door and we sat on chairs. 

"Welcome, 2NE1. I called you here because YG has something coming up... we're doing a variety show. It's based on making new friends with other bands whom are maybe in different companies, and then doing talent shows to broadcast your teamwork. We did a poll and the netizens voted that option by  55% percent. Amazing."

"Eh? You mean, making friends then being rivals with them? Huh I don't get it," I cringed.

"It's just a talent show, there's no rivalry to it."

"Are you sure, Hyun Suk-sunbae?" Dara asked.

"Yeah, I am sure I'm sure. Of course, if things get out of hand then one of you will have to tell me. Otherwise, the fans voted this option so we'll do it. Doesn't it sound good?"

"Uhm, it sounds like an amazing idea. But may we know which band we're paired up with or working with?"

"That's the other CEO's job to tell you. They'll announce it tomorrow. Okay, well that's all I wanted to say. See you ladies tomorrow and make sure you're well fed and pumped up tomorrow, you have a dance practice with an American choreographer."

"Awww, I was looking forward to knowing what band! Oh well. That's sounds cool! Bye!" All of us waved goodbye and left the office. My heart was nervous. If it's Big Bang my life is over. I love Big Bang, but T.O.P is in that group... you know, my abusive ex? Yeah, not good. However,  I am so relieved is that he has already another girlfriend, Lee Minah (OC) and seems to be treating her quite well, it makes me jealous. 

 

 


 

 

The day of the dance practice of a song we're preparing for in July...

"Ugh, I'm well fed and all, but I feel like doing nothing today. Aigoo," I yawned.

"Me too, I just want orange juice," Bom groaned.

The American choreographer came in, and introduced himself. He knows some Korean, as I can see the bodyguard that escorted him was talking to him in Korean and he seemed to understand him. Amazing. At least I can speak English so I don't confuse him, though. (As well as Bom.) The guy introduced himself as "Trix", and we were going to practice a dance. We stretched and he gave advice, instructions and encouragement. We blasted the music on then swiftly came into postition and passionately progressed the dance onto the floor, making the choreographer's expression change from awe to astonishment to a demonizing smirk of satisification. I had a standing ovation, and then we grouped together to form the ending pose. Done. Dara threw me a towel and we wiped our sweat and drank from our water bottles. "I love your dancing, ladies. You all seem dedicated, determined and talented. Good job," Trix clapped and smiled. I sat down to rest, and did some thinking. I zoned out for a while;

Who is 2NE1 going to be doing the talent show with? It cannot be Big Bang, it would be awkward. Would it just be one other group? Two? Three? What? And are they going to be from other companies? What if it's SM? They're like the #1 most famously known world-wide Korean entertainment group. Then it's YG. So basically, anyone from there is my rival. , please not SM. I'll cry. I heard about EXO. They debuted recently, damn they're really talented. D.O and Chen can reach the high notes. Baekhyun and that y jungle voice. Damnnnn Kris. He's beautiful. They're all awesome. Wait...what the heck am I thinking? They're my rivals; they're in SM. Pabo CL. I'll defeat them, YG will beat SM one day. Grr~

"Chaerin-ah! Snap back to your senses, now!" Bom snapped her fingers in front of me and shouted. 

"Wah! Ne? What is it?"

"Girl, are you okay? You zoned out for 10 minutes."

"What? I'm fine. Ooh. I'm embarrassed..."

"Haha, don't be. But seriously, what were you doing?" 

"I was thinking..."

"About what?"

"Things."

"Uhm, be more specific."

"I'm kind of anxious about the talent show. What if we're doing this with Big Bang and SM? BB has my ex there and SM is our rival in popularity! Duh!"

"Touché," Bom scoffed. I flipped my hair to the side and stood up. We ran through the dance once more, to fix our mistakes since Trix  gave advice. I got so tired, my legs wobbled and my breath shallowed. "Come on and rest, CL. Girl, don't overwork yourself." 

Well, after my dyslexia and random depression, I have tendency to overwork myself; I fainted three times from over-exhaustion. And YG is much kinder to their artists when it comes to work, but it's my bad habit. Stupid CL. I think my heart just started to race. "2NE1, the other CEO has an announcement. Visit his office immediately. Thank you." a body guard came inside and said. We quickly changed into fresh clothing while we bid our goodbyes and thank you's to Trix. *Let's hope the bands aren't those that I don't want...* It's just a talent show right? But there'll be first place, second place, et cetera...I shall not lose to other companies. 

"Sit down, young ladies. CEO Hyun Suk-ssi told you about our plans for a co-ed talent show style variety show, am I right?" Min Suk smiled. We nodded. "Hyun Suk told me to tell you which bands you are cooperating with for this show. Are you ready to hear? It will be a band from our company alongside you 2NE1, and two from SM Ent." I bit my lip and my eyes were wide open when I heard "SM Ent."

"SM? Are you kidding me? Like, this talent show is going to have a popularity contest too?"

"Maybe. We're still sorting it out. Don't worry about it."

"You still haven't told us what the bands are. Spill."

"Okay okay, Chaerin-ssi. YG: Big Bang and 2NE1, SM: EXO,and f(x)." Did I just hear right? Big Bang? My life is ruined. f(x)? I love Amber and Sulli. They're kind and seriously talented like the rest of f(x). But...EXO? This is going to get down and dirty. It's called rivalry. Of course, if Kris and Luhan are also participating, I'll go easy on them. They're beautiful. Ohoho. Minzy noticed my awkward expression. 

"Yah, girl. What's with your face?"

"Wow, geez. Nice way to ask me, Minzy-ah. And nothing is wrong with my face, I'm fine."

"Okay, sure." I tend to be also awkward in certain situations. Otherwise, my 2NE1 image is fierce, strong and not afraid. Sometimes, I can be the total opposite. However, I try to hide that. Sometimes I feel a little insecure when some Korean netizens comment (why yes, I have an undercover twitter, me2day and cyworld account that spies on netizens and their comments about 2NE1 and YG Ent.) how I don't have a V-line, or high bridged nose or big, double eye-lid eyes. I hate the Korean standard of beauty; I'll never do plastic surgery, YG respects talent over looks. Well, that band EXO seems to have their natural charms...ugh snap out of it, CL. Ugh. They're my rivals! Pfft~

 


 

Next week...

 

Today, we have to meet together with Big Bang, f(x) and EXO... This better be fun. 

"______ imnida!" - "We are Big Bang!"

"______ imnida!" - "We are 2Ne1!"

"______ imnida!" - "We are f(x)!"

"We are one! We are EXO-K!" - "I'm Kris from EXO-M." Oh God. His deep, husky voice..."I'm Luhan also from EXO-M. Nice to meet you all." They all gave their sweetest smile and bowed. I knew Luhan and Kris would be doing this; they know at least some Korean to communicate. Not to mention, Luhan was scouted at a mall in Myeongdong. I wonder how pretty he must've been before he debuted. As pretty as he is now. Haha. Oh now I'm jealous of a Chinese guy. What's wrong with me? 

 

"Kaiiiiii~ give me back my shoe!" Kai was chased by D.O while groaning.

"Here! CATCH! HAHA!" D.O threw Kai's shoe to the other side where the couch was and Kai pouted. Dude, act more manly, geez.

"Hey you two, calm down. Big Bang is chuckling, 2NE1 is staring and everyone else is annoyed by your childishness," Suho scolded. Ooh. Guardian of EXO I see.

"Sorry, Suho-hyung!" Kai and D.O both hung their heads low and bowed 90 degrees. I giggled lightly, those boys are so childish and funny. It's hilarious how different idols are, when they're not on stage. In the corner of my eye, I can see T.O.P staring at me for a moment. What does he want? I can't laugh at how cute these boys are? Hah. I'll make him jealous to the point he'll want me back. Well, that'll never happen. Hm. Luhan is with Sehun, smiling like an angel and looking at him with sincerity and chatting politely. They must be close. Kris is sitting alone, reading a Chinese fashion magazine. 

"Ah~ Uhm, excuse me... your name is CL or Chaerin right?" An EXO member shyly came to me. It appears to be Baekhyun.

"Yeah. Hm?"

"Can you send this note to Kris, he seems busy reading his magazine so I don't wanna bother him, please~" Baekhyun blushed. Oh my, this kiddo. Such a cutie. Wait how old is he?

"Ah, sure," I smiled.

"Th-Thanks," Baekhyun shyly walked away. Okay, just gotta give this note to the dhuizang guy. 

"Uhm, excuse me Kris. Baekhyun wanted me to give you this note," I coughed and lightly tapped Kris on the shoulder.

"What is it now? And don't touch me," Kris' face looked irritated. Good grief.

"First of all, Mr. Wu Yi Fan, I never bothered you before and second, I only tapped you on your shoulder BARELY."

"Call me Kris only. And can't you see I'm reading a magazine? It's my down time. I don't need a girl bothering me. As long as you don't touch my face, I'm letting you off the hook," Kris scoffed and gave me a face. Is that his famous expression? Wow, so cold bro.

"Don't need to be so arrogant, psh," I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"Seriously, what did you say?"

"I'm never telling a stranger what I say about them okay?"

"Whatever. Whaddaya want?"

"Baekhyun wanted me to give you this note."

"He could've gave it to me himself. Not asking some random girl to do it."

"I'm not just a random girl, ugh. I'm CL. And if you haven't noticed I have to do this variety show thingie with you EXO, Big Bang and f(x). Not like I wanted to."

"CL? What does that stand for?"

"My real name Chaelin."

"Nice name...and wait how do you know my full name?"

"Thanks and oh, do your bandmates even exist to you? I can easily ask them. Duh."

"Then I'll make sure they never tell anyone else my full name. Weirdos."

"Are you just kiddin' around? They aren't weirdos, they're cuties," as soon as I said that the eyes of Luhan and EXO-K were on us. Weird. They all blushed and smiled. I bet Luhan was thinking "For God's sake, I am handsome and I'm 22. I am not cute or pretty!" I awkwardly smiled back and sighed.

"I was just saying a joke. Damn."

"You sound so serious with that expression and tone."

"Are you trying to say I'm cold?"

"Maybe."

"Whatever."

"Yeah."

"What? You're still here? You're blocking my view of the T.V."

"Aiyah~ fine I'll leave if it makes this diva any better," I scoffed and strutted away while flipping my hair while Kris just smirked. *It's fun bothering her...this will get fun.* EXO's everywhere on the music bank with their Mama debut, it annoys me. #1 or #2. Millions of fans over the world. It's like they're competing with Big Bang. Did Big Bang even get a #1 or #2 spot on a music chart? Ah, pabo CL. I should know this. Whatever. That Kris dude, God he's beautiful and handsome upclose and from afar but he is almost expressionless, sounds like a cold person and has this weird face. That face gives me the shivers. At least Luhan is a cutiepie. He has such a sweet personality. And the rest of EXO-K are childish little sunshines. Well, until they go on stage of course, they become y, hardcore and fierce. But whatever, I won't let YG lose to them.

EXO, you are going down. Got it?

 

(Might be better to say it to their face.)

 

If you tell me,

 

I'll make Kris my #1 target rival

 

I'll definitely change him,

 

Or he's just a tsundere

 

Ooh, y. 

 

I read too much manga, 'nuff said. 

 

// ​I ship TaoRis, and I'm that weird. 

 

Why is Tao the seme?

 

He's the shy little panda

 

Kris doesn't look like an uke. 

 

, please 

 

// Bye bye for now. I'll see you again soon

 

You'll never get enough of CL.... //