She's a brick! HOUSE!

Que Sera Sera

Unedited...

In my head the Overlord kind of looks like Tom Welling (Smallville)

And for some reason when I imagine Lovelace, I get a picture of Sebastian (so yeah Lovelace isn't some old man)

Yesung followed behind the other slaves as they rushed into long queues, gathering quickly in the courtyard.

He and Suzy had been on their way to their daily duties when a loud bell from the Castle's tower had rung. Everyone else seemed to realize what that bell stood for before Yesung and he had had to watch in confusion as knights began shouting orders at the top of their lungs and slaves began dropping whatever they were doing, their eyes wide, faces pale and nervous.

The newer slaves from Yesung's village were pushed and shoved about as the older slaves' instincts told them what needed to be done. After noticing Yesung's puzzled look as he just stood there doing nothing, a guard barked at him and Suzy to follow the other slaves and get in line.

When the slaves were all gathered in one corner of the courtyard, the knights quickly formed a long line, their postures straight, heads held high, feet shoulder width apart and faces serious.

Yesung had been forced to occupy a space at the back of the crowd thus making it a little difficult for himself and little Suzy to see the reason for all this commotion.

A slave nudges him in the side and he turns to look at her. She gives him a stern look, miming to him that he should have his head bowed. Yesung takes a quick glance at the other slaves and notices that they all seemed to have bowed their heads obediently.

Before he is able to follow suit, the sound of an approaching horse keeps his attention focused on what was going on in front of him. Luckily he is can now see very clearly over the bowed heads of the slaves. He checked out of the corner of his eye to see if any of the knights had noticed he wasn't copying the other slaves but they all seemed to be concentrating on looking stern. With the guards and slaves on opposite ends of the courtyard, Yesung figured that the large space in the middle was about to be occupied by someone making a grand entrance.

A dark brown horse comes galloping into the courtyard, stopping halfway between the two groups. The man on the horse swivels his head briefly to the direction of the slaves and Yesung instantly ducks his head but not before his eyes had managed to take in the man's pleasant features. After a few seconds of listening to the thundering beats of his head, Yesung takes a chance and lifts his head again and is happy to find the man's attention is now on the Knights. Yesung watches as the large figure on the horse dismounts easily, a small smile on the man's handsome face as he turns his muscular body toward his army of men.

He feels a sharp tug on the fabric and immediately stiffens. He looks down to find Suzy giving him a disapproving look. Yesung shrugs at her.

"Ah! My son!" a booming voice calls out, startling both Yesung and Suzy.

He looks up again to see a tall, slender man rushing into the open arms of the newly arrived guest. It's only then that he actually pieces together just who this guest might be.

All the men were at attention, the servants and slaves were bowing humbly as if being in the presence of their god.

'He must be the Overlord' Yesung thought worriedly, swallowing a thick lump in his throat. After all these days of not having to deal with the evil ruler's presence, Yesung felt overwhelmingly sick at the thought of having to work in the castle now that it's owner was back. 'What if he ran into him when Lovelace wasn't around?'
He clenched his fists nervously.

'I expected him to be a lot more...uglier...' Yesung ponders as he takes in the Overlord's long raven mane and chiseled features.

With his attention shifting from the Overlord to the 'son', whom Yesung had never had the chance of meeting face to face, he cannot help the heavy gasp that leaves him when he realizes that the 'son' was also the same man from the bathhouse.

The courtyard had been so quiet that even Yesung's feeble gasp had appeared to be louder than he expected.
 
The Overlord and son's heads snapped around in the direction the sound had came from. Yesung had been too slow in lowering his head and was therefore caught as him and the 'son' locked eyes. Recognition registers in the son's, Kyuhyun he thinks his name was, eyes briefly before the Overlord waves a hand in Yesung's direction seeming bored.

Two guards move instantly to retrieve Yesung from the crowd of slaves. He yelps as he is grabbed and carried away against his will, no one, except Suzy, comes to his aid.
~~~~
He isn't taken to the dungeons like he had expected but he would've preferred it instead of the punishment they had given him.

Two lashes?

Yesung groans quietly as he attempts to turn on his side in his small bed. He had been lying on his stomach for most of the night, his buttocks sore and aching. The pain had long since stopped being heavy and throbbing and was now just a faint stinging reminder of the two paddled lashes he had received.

When he was stubborn as a teen, his mother would tell him she would put him over her knee and smack him rump until he behaved. He had never taken her threat seriously but he might've preferred having his bottom spanked by his mother's hand rather than the wooden paddle that had been used by a very strong guardsman.

Fortunately, the guardsman had respected the rule of not exposing a slave's body to public eyes and instead of lifting Yesung's dress and paddling his pale , the guardsman had merely positioned him against a wall and performed the punishment with Yesung fully clothed.

After his beating, Yesung had then been assigned to cleaning the pig's sty and feeding the pigs.

"These punishments could've been avoided if you had obeyed that one simple order, my sweet cherry" Yesung had pulled his chin out of General Choi's palm, turning back to shoveling up dirt and what was probably pig .

General Choi had stayed and chatted for few more minutes, despite Yesung's lack of response and stubborn attitude.

The next morning, Yesung went straight to Victoria, the castle's young nurse, from some ointment. She had given him a small amount of some yesterday afternoon, but Yesung had foolishly rubbed it all onto his bum before going to bed, hoping it would soothe the pain and heal quicker. However, it seem to sting even more sharply this morning and he could not bear it all day. Therefore he decided the first thing he would do before going to Lovelace would be to get more ointment.

Victoria inquires about the amount she had given to him previously and he explains to her his mistake.

She shakes her head disapprovingly, but keeps a small smile trained on her lips.

"Hm. So no you want more?"

"Uh, yes please" he nods.

Victoria makes a show of thinking this over.

"Maybe I should apply it for you this time. Just so you wouldn't waste it again" Victoria begins to move forward and Yesung lets out a horrified squeak as he backs away from her.

Victoria pauses, tilting her head to the side to give him a strange look, then laughs shortly,

"There's no need to be embarrassed, Miss. I have seen many of your...lady parts and as you can see I am a lady myself"

Victoria seems to be a very friendly person and her personality has a comforting presence, however, Yesung did not know or trust her enough to get THAT comfortable, not with his secret. No way.

He makes up some excuse about being late and dashes out of her small room. His is going to hurt for the rest of the day but at least his secret is safe.
~~~

When Yesung catches up with Lovelace and Suzy, his presence is completely ignored as Lovelace dishes out order after order for other slaves to do.

Yesung's overworked and stressed brain barely has time to catch up before Lovelace finally pauses in his task to greet him.

He hands Yesung a mop and bucket.

"Follow Emphraim and Junsu to the dining halls. And just start mopping like crazy" is all he says before pulling Suzy behind him as he races toward the corridor.

Holding onto the mop handle tightly, Yesung mumbles gruffly as he rushes to catch up with Junsu.

He has never been to the dining halls before and as soon as he steps into the large area he feels his buttocks and arms scream in dread.

'This is going to take all day to mop!' he grumbles under his breath, taking in the beautiful wooden floors, large dining table that was lined with at least 20 chairs on each side and two large dominating individual chairs at opposite ends of the table.

'One of them is probably for the Overlord and other for his son' Yesung thinks in disgust. At the thought of the Overlord's son, Yesung is quickly reminded of his short but memorable encounter with the other boy. He had been sure he had seen a glimmer of recognition in the other boy's eyes when he had saw Yesung.

'If he is the Overlord's son, why had he been afraid of being caught in the bathhouse?'

'Was he afraid of his father's wrath?'

'And that girl...she must've been a slave?' Yesung gasps quietly as he tries to piece together the clues, 'Is the Overlord's son intimately involved with, with a slave?'

Before he can ponder further on the subject, someone swats him on the bum and Yesung barely manages to suppress the scream that wanted to erupt.

Junsu smiles goofily at him.

"Beddah start clar-nin. De f-f-feestival starr-starts at-at-at, it starts soon" the other boy stutters adorably in his thick foriegn accent. He nods and dips the mop into the sweet smelling water mixture Lovelace had provided.

The reason behind all the decorating and cleaning soon becomes apparent when he overhears a servant explaining the situation to a slave. The Overlord was expecting guests!

'Who would want to visit him?' Yesung asks himself, distractingly moving the mop in circles.
!!

Some time later, Lovelace comes sweeping into the room and glides over to Yesung, placing an open palm on the young man's back.

Come sweetheart, I have much to discuss with you" he says sweetly, leading Yesung out of the room.
Junsu and the other cleaners barely glance up from their work.

When they were away from prying eyes Lovelace leans in and says, "How is your bum feeling?" he playfully pats Yesung's right cheek for emphasis.

Yesung pushes away the other man, glaring hatefully.

"None of your business. And what do you care about my well being anyway. You left me to clean out the pig sty and then put me to clean the dining hall! Have you seen the size of that place!?"

Lovelace waves off Yesung's theatrical display of emotions, "First of all love, it was not my fault you got caught. You've would've been a lot better off if you'd had simply followed orders."

Yesung folds his arms over his chest, but does not answer as he warily follows after Lovelace.

They approach a familiar area that Yesung recognizes as the entrance to Victoria's working room.

A young man of about 15 years leans restlessly against the door, his face screwed up with impatience as he rubs at his neck. From his tattered clothes and the endless about of dirt spots on him. Yesung assumes the other is a slave, or at least a servant for the Overlord.

When the boy sees them approaching he grins, running a hand through his already messy hair.

"Yesung, this is Donghae" Lovelace introduces them when they are close enough.

Donghae smiles, giving Yesung a polite bow, "Nice to meet you Miss Yesung"

For the sake of pretense, Yesung ducks his head timidly, giving the impression that he's just another shy maiden who is just embarrassed and flustered in the presence of the man.

"You will be taking over Donghae's position at the banquet tonight" Lovelace explains, indicating to Donghae's bandaged ankle.

Yesung stares at it curiously before questioning Donghae about it.

"You see miss, I was merely trying to get a plate of bacon..."

"And extra plate, you little thief" a new voice informs them. Yesung looks past Donghae and spots Hyukjae striding toward them. It has been a while since he last saw the other man, but he admits honestly that Hyukjae is looking very handsome and warrior-like in his Knights uniform today.

Donghae rolls is eyes, "I was not stealing anything. That plate had no owner and therefore was up for grabs"

Hyukjae poked Donghae in the arm, "Still you could've asked before you attempted to sneak away with it"

The younger man huffed and folded his arms, holding his head up with pride, "I did ask"

"Yes. But Mrs. Chan told me, she clearly answered 'no', thus making your actions wrong despite you asking for permission"

"I still asked"

"It was denied!"

Donghae ignores Hyukjae and proceeds to fill Yesung in, "I did not steal anything. What is the harm is allowing me to enjoy-"

"Fine. If you did not steal it, then how did you manage to sprain your ankle?" Hyukjae places his hands on his hips, giving Donghae a look that clearly said, 'Go ahead, try to explain that one!'

"I-"

Hyukjae turns towards Yesung, catching his eye and says, "He was trying to eat the entire plate of bacon and when the cook alerted the guards he took off running. One of the guards caught him off guard with a shove and he fell into the pig sty"

Yesung glanced from Donghae to Hyukjae, then back to Donghae, "Did you at least get to eat all the bacon"

Donghae's face saddens, "I had a couple of them stuffed in my mouth but when I fell the rest of it were scattered across the mud" he pouts looking depressed, as if the memory of his precious bacon going to waste left him feeling burdened.

"And he ends up with a sprained ankle and I get to convince the guards not to send his to the dungeons"

"Thats because you're a big goody two shoes"

Hyukjae snorted, "I wouldn't have to be if you would stop being such a mischievous dingbat"

Donghae smirks at him, "You either love me the way I am or walk away baby" he looks away, his face set smugly.

The knight scrubbed a palm over his face, "If only I had not promised you're mother I would look out for you" Hyukjae shakes his head.

"Well she-"

Lovelace slaps a hand over Donghae's mouth, interrupting Yesung's entertainment of the banter going on between the two.

The older man points at Yesung, "You" he turns that same finger at Donghae, "will be filling in for Hae. He was meant to be a server but now that task is put to you. He will now be on cleaning duty for the night"

The change in jobs makes Yesung feel a lot more relieved than it should. He wasn't about to protest since he knew all too well how badly disobedience among slaves ended. As the thought washed over him, he found that he would be mind serving the guests. It would be a pleasant change from having to scrub the floors and cleaning up their messes.

He's content to do his job well tonight...until he sees the 'uniform'

"What-"

"All female servers have been asked to wear this" is all Lovelace says as he drapes the skimpy material onto the chair.

They had to use extra stuffing in the bra part of the outfit just to make it fit tighter and not loose and saggy. The pants were a light shade of blue and baggy enough to make him feel comfortable. However, they were also see through!

Lovelace gave him a long, black rectangular cloth and instructed Yesung to wrap it tightly around his waist and groin, making sure to cover his privates completely.

"The girls will all be wearing one. The outfit is pretty but it's not meant to expose the ladies s openly"

Yesung's server costume (minus the hat)



With his 'uniform' on, all that is left is to apply the make up.

Lovelace is completely useless in that department and therefore they include Amber's help. Amber works slowly but efficiently and Yesung uses the time they spent alone to find out what the banquet is for.

Basically, it is to celebrate the alliance between the Overlord and Lord Maxwell of Campden. The Overlord had traveled to the vicious Kingdom of Campden, hoping to unite forces with Maxwell. The two would then use their alliance as a means to form a bigger and better army, combining men from both Maxwell and the Overlord and taking them into battle against the knights of Monte F'aire.

Yesung also found out that Amber was not an original member of the Overlord's companions. She was a resident of Belmont before it's capture. She informed Yesung that most of the men of Belmont, the ones who were not killed during the battle, were being held captive in the Dungeons below.

"My fiance...he is the reason I stayed at first. I-I had refused to abandon him"

She ducks her head shortly, her hands stilling in their movements. When she recovers and looks back up, Yesung can see the light flush in her cheeks.

"H-have, is he alright? Have you seen him...since?"

Amber nods. "I-Being a servant and a cook, I am able to deliver food for them in the dungeons. I visit him almost every day"

Yesung tries to smile reassuringly. He shyly tells her that he can understand what she is going through. Being separated from the ones you love can be utterly painful, especially when that separation was unplanned and done by force.

"Have y-you ever considered...considered breaking him out and trying to escape together?"

She looks Yesung dead in the eye, reading his face for any signs of dishonestly behind his words. He gulps nervously.

"The, the thought itself-has haunted me. But it's too much of a risk..." Yesung watches the faraway look in her eyes as she appears to be lost in her mind. Her free hand rubs unconscious circles on her stomach.

"I cannot endanger the life of my unborn child. So I must wait...wait until the perfect opportunity..."

Her large golden eyes pierce Yesung's gaze, "Only myself, Lovelace and Hyukjae know of my pregnancy. I am hoping, foolishly, that I have not done a bad thing by telling you as well"

The stare she's giving Yesung makes his blood freeze. It's as if she's waiting to determine whether or not he is trustworthy.

Swallowing back the heavy lump in his throat, "I-I am grateful that you have trusted me with this and I will carry it to my grave if I have to. Some, s-sometimes a girl has to have her secrets"

!!!

The feast is as noisy and as exhausting as Yesung had expected.

So far he's had uncountable amount of smacks on my behind that made him wince and several drops of wine have been spilled on him. His makeup seems to weigh a ton and is making his face ache. His hair is matted to his forehead from all the sweat he had worked up and it should not surprise him just how much he's beginning to hate the Overlord.

Donghae limps about the room, mopping reckless, managing to hit a few of the guests as he works. Yesung catches Hyukjae keeping an eye on him from his seat at the table. The knight grimaces each time Donghae bumps into a server, causing the poor server to spill a bit of what they were carrying.

Yesung bends to pour more wine into the Overlord's large golden goblet.

The man waves a beefy hand at Yesung, dismissing him without even a glance. Yesung makes a face at him before walking away.

He catches a hurried whisper between Kyuhyun and the Emma girl, who is currently dressed the same as Yesung and therefore makes it clear to him that she is a server as well.

She has been bringing Kyuhyun wine all night and Yesung believes that Kyuhyun is purposefully emptying his goblet just so Emma would keep coming over to refill his cup.

'What an . If he wanted to talk her, then he should excuse himself and take her aside instead of abusing his authority to keep her at his side'

Yesung strides over to Donghae, who is almost falling asleep on his broom. However, Lovelace comes out of nowhere and drags the both of them nearer to the Overlord and Kyuhyun. "Yesung you need to be close by if the Lord needs more wine. Donghae...you need to stay out of sight" he gives Hae a stink eye.

After Lovelace has run off again, Donghae tiredly drops his broom carelessly onto the floor, declaring with an air of boredom that he was finished for the night.

Before Yesung can open his mouth, he realizes that a sudden silence has come over the room.

"Did you really think we would actually join forces with the likes of you?" someone yells.

Yesung whirls around in time to see a bearded man, who he now knows is Lord Maxwell, throw his goblet at Overlord, hitting the man on the chest, the wine spreading over his clothes and a few splatters of it on his face.

"How dare you!" Kyuhyun barks like a little puppy, standing to defend his father.

However, Maxwell's eyes are only for the Overlord, who seems to be taking this act of betrayal very patiently. All of the knights have stood and have their hands ready to draw their swords.

"Do you think I have forgotten the fact that you bedded my wife and slew my brother all those years ago? For I surely have not" Maxwell bravely draws his own sword, his own men ready and waiting to attack. Yesung moves a step, wondering how slowly he would have to walk before he can reach the exit.

A deep chuckle, pauses Yesung's escape attempt.

"Maxwell. You cowardly dog. I should've known you would be such a and hold a grudge but..." the Overlord chuckles again, "I thought you would've been more...mature about this" A sudden chill falls over the room and Yesung doesn't have to see the Overlord's face to know that the man does not look pleased with the new turn of events.

This time Maxwell laughs, "Then you are even more stupider than I thought. ATTACK!"

The table is overturned. All the servants scatter about to escape the violence that is unfolding.

Yesung definitely does not want to stick around as the sound of metal cutting into flesh fill the room and moves to leave.

"Emma! Run!" he hears Kyuhyun call out, his voice sounding as if it was right beside Yesung. When he glances back he sees that Kyuhyun is a few inches behind him.

"You're son will die for what you did to my brother!" is the only warning they get before Maxwell's sword dives toward Kyuhyun. Yesung attempts to move out of the way, not caring if Kyuhyun got hit. He only wanted to get out of this alive.

As luck would have it, a hurrying slave pushes him backward and while trying to catch his balance he stumbles on Hae's fallen broom, collapsing backwards onto someone else.

A hand encircles his waist and rolls them over onto his side. Yesung immediately pushes the hands off and attempts to crawl away.

A heavy thud from behind him causes him to swivel around. He watches the life drain from Maxwell's bleeding body that had collapsed a few feet in front of him. The Overlord withdraws his sword from Maxwell's corpse, looking larger than life as he towers above his enemy.

"Kyuhyun, are you alright?"

It's only then that Yesung frighteningly notices Kyuhyun lying on his side near him.

The fighting that had been going on around the room comes to a quick end and the only sound is of those in pain and victorious cheers from the winning side.

"Yes father. It's just a scratch" Kyuhyun indicates their attention to small slit in his shirt. The cut didn't look deep but it was bleeding angrily. "If someone hadn't landed on it with their elbow, I'm sure it wouldn't be bleeding as bad as it is now" the boy looks heatedly at Yesung.

"If she had not pushed you out of the way, you would not have been alive to complain"

Yesung's face went blank at this.

...he did what now?

Kyuhyun goes to protest but his father cuts him off.

"You there, servant girl, what is your name?"

With the Overlord's attention now focused on him, Yesung sits up straighter, trying to adjust his disguise.

"Y-Yesung. your...sire" he says lamely.

"Well Yesung. I am most grateful for your quick thinking-"

"Father..."

"You shall be rewarded for your bravery. You will now be assigned to Kyuhyun's harem." the way he spoke the words it was as if he expected Yesung to jump for joy.

"But I don't want..." Kyuhyun begins.

But the Overlord was already turning toward his knights, "We have must to discuss" his voice had gotten thicker with power.

Yesung chose to ignore Kyuhyun's grumbles, focusing solely on just what the hell he had gotten himself into again.

!!!

 

I apologize for any mistakes. The original copy got deleted and instead of crying myself to sleep and making you wait another week or THREE, I decided to get it over wait and stayed up extra late to provide you with this. I really needed to get this out of the way and cursing my stupidity for not properly saving the original was not helping. So yes, I am tired. Enjoy.

 

Oh before you crucify me over preggers!Amber...

 

 

...don't