:'( ...y, free & single better have an effing awesome mv

Que Sera Sera

Unedited and fresh off of MS Word. I bring you chapter 2. I haven't been on the internet for a while (gots my first SUMMER JOB! And it ) 

...Omg SJ's comeback is July 1st? y, free and Single sounds like an American album. I LOVE IT! And Hyukkie's teaser!!!! http://www.allkpop.com/2012/06/super-junior-releases-eunhyuks-teaser-photo-for-y-free-single

I am so happy right now. I can't even concentrate.  Everybody needs to go spazz about his pic if you haven't done so already. Go ahead..the fic can wait.

For a minute there he sort of reminded me of Kai/Taemin (the facial features) But I love it and the hair turns me on for some reason. O_O

!!!!

Jongwoon has lost track of how long they travelled. It definitely hadn’t been a pleasant journey, especially when the carriage hit and bounced on large rocks causing its occupants to squeal and fret as they were tossed about, unable to catch their balance. Other than that everyone in the carriage stayed quiet, some of them prayed silently while others tried to ignore the soft sobs of younger girls. At first Jongwoon had been worried Suzy might be the worst of them, but she was surprisingly calm at his side despite her earlier struggles. He inwardly praises her for being so brave.

 At some point, they had had stopped for nourishment and the ridiculous covering had been removed from Jongwoon’s head and he had had to blink several times to adjust his eyes to the sudden brightness, however he was thankful for an escape from the forced blindness.

They allowed the girls to keep the head coverings off for the rest of the journey. Suzy looks up at him with her head tilted in question. Jongwoon automatically gives her a reassuring smile.

“Woonie?” she finally says, her voice a tad bit hoarse from all the lack of use. Although she had spoken softly, the surprise in her tone was loud enough to draw the attention of the entire carriage.

Someone from opposite him gasps loudly,

“Oh my Gods, Jongwoon!” the person speaks in such a rush that their voice is unrecognizable at first, “It’s…it is you! Are you out of your mind?” This time Jongwoon recognizes the voice as Gwendolyn, an old school mate.

Suzy reaches up and drags the pad of her finger over his cheek, when she pulls it back, Jongwoon looks down to see that it is covered in the pink dust that he had applied as make up.

“You look like an ajumma” the little girl giggles.

Whispers break out through the interior and Jongwoon is suddenly terrified that these frantic women need to be quiet before a guard comes in and they ruin all his hard work.

He puts a finger to his lips and shushes at them in annoyance.

“Calm down” he hisses.

“How can we be calm when you’re trickery can get us all killed! If little Suzy can recognize you as a man, how long do you think you’re going to last once we arrive?” a familiar face accuses, Jongwoon recognizes her at Mercury, her father had once been in a Knight for the King and Queen but once he had gotten too old to continue on as a fighter he and his family had retired to Sulnar.

Someone whimpers pathetically at the word ‘killed’.

Jongwoon is about to counteract Mercury’s accusations, but is beaten to the punch by a hopeful, chirpy voice, “Well I think it was brave of him to take the place of his sisters and mother. However, foolish it might seem, it was still a noble deed” Gna, Suho’s older sister nods at him appraisingly. “I would never want Suho to take my place here, and although I’m scared to death of what might lie ahead once we arrive at our destination, I am happy that my family is safe”

Jongwoon heart tightens at her words, grateful that someone can understand the reasons he had for his motives. 

“Still it won’t help him or his family much if he’s found out the minute someone gets suspicious and decides to question his physical appearance” Mercury chimes in with her negativity once more.

Jongwoon frowns. “Well that General Choi seemed to think I was just an ugly, old woman. I was hoping I would be…”

Mercury cuts him off, “Hoping? You mean you didn’t think this whole scheme through?” her voiced is laced with sarcasm, Jongwoon looks at her in time to see her roll her eyes at him. “What do you even plan to do when you get there?”

“What do any of us plan to do once we arrive? Huh, Mercury? Because if you have any clue what to expect then you better start filling us in because as far as I’m concerned none of us know what lies in store from this point. Jongwoon might not have a well plotted plan but he was still a captive and is sharing the same fate as the rest of us. So stop it with the melodrama and lets just concentrate of being each other’s support” Gna pauses, sending a stern nod at Jongwoon, “As for Jongwoon’s appearance, Once we get there, I’m sure we can help him – spice up his looks a little…you know, just so he can fit in a little better”

~~

When they finally arrive at their destination, the occupants of the carriage seem to sense it immediately. They had all been having yet another quiet discussion of what may come and making honest promises to stick together, when the movement of the carriage steadily slowed into a gentle rocking motion. The voices outside grew louder than usual and they all listened carefully, eyes going wide in shock as distant yells and cheers came in reply.

The air in the carriage suddenly felt thicker. No matter how much they had tried to prepare themselves for this moment, the possibilities that they were just a few minutes away from and torture came rushing through their minds once more. Jongwoon’s hands trembled and clenched with anxiety. This was it.

A small, sweaty palm forced its way into his left hand. He opened his tightened fists automatically, glancing down at Suzy as she held his hand. She tilted her head back and looked at him, giving him a tiny, yet bold smile.

“Don’t worry, I prayed, so – so everything should be just fine” she assured him sweetly.

Somewhere in the carriage someone snorted softly, obviously not believing that Suzy’s ‘prayer’ would help them in the least.

Jongwoon took a deep inhale and exhaled slowly. Managing a smile, he released Suzy’s hand to rub her head soothingly, and then wrapped an arm around her smaller frame in order to bring her closer to his side.

Gna, who was practically shaking like a leaf despite her brave face, says, “Thank you Suzy. We’re definitely going to need all the prayer we can get”

“Now let’s all join hands and sing ing kumbaya” Mercury’s agitated tone declares mildly.

The carriage comes to an abrupt halt, causing a couple of the girls to skid off of their seats.

Without a moment to get even more frightful, there was a loud rattling sound of chains being tampered with. Another minute goes by before one of the carriage’s rear end doors were pried open. The sun’s rays blind them instantly. Jongwoon covers his eyes with his free hand, the sudden light causing them to sting.

“Alright ladies. This is your last stop. Time to haul ”

Jongwoon hears the protesting yell of a girl as she is dragged from her seat. He shields his eyes against the sun and watches as another girl is pulled by her hair out of the carriage.

“Woonie” Suzy’s rushed whisper causes Jongwoon to turn his attention. Her young eyes are wide and innocent as she pleads silently with him, “You’re, you’re gonna stay with me…right? Right?”

It’s the first time since they were taken that he had heard her sound so nervous.

“Yeah, yes, of course. I pro…” the harsh tug on his arm startles him but he manages to keep his balance before he can face plant onto the mud outside the carriage. Suzy is thankfully still clinging to him when he straightens. Taking in his new surroundings with curious yet cautious eyes he finds that they were in a village. For some reason he had been expecting that. During the journey Gna had mentioned hearing that the Overlord had set up his camp within Thunder woods, however, this place that they were in now did not look anything like a warlord’s camp. It just looked like any old regular village.

Someone shoves him forward,

“Start walking”

Taking Suzy’s hand firmly, Jongwoon follows the given order, marching slowly behind a queue of women. He glances over his shoulder momentarily and spots several familiar faces exiting different carriage. Tae’s mother is one of those faces. She’s looks grim and weary, making Jongwoon’s heart ache for the loss his best friend must be going through.

As the women pass through what seems to be the village’s marketplace, they see several young women running about looking quite busy as they run whatever errands. A few older women sat under large open tents, sewing pieces of fabrics together.  A few feet beyond stood a large tavern and Jongwoon quickly ducked his head and tried to block Suzy’s view of it. They did not have tavern’s in Sultar, but did not mean Jongwoon did not know what they were generally used for. A loud gasp escapes someone and Jongwoon glances up in time to see a skimpily dressed tavern dancer as she carries 2 large wine jugs inside the tavern. He notices that even as the new captives passed by gawking at everything they saw, never once did any of the women within this new village look up from their duties or bat an eye at the newcomers.

“This….”

Jongwoon turns towards the person who spoken, their words cut off by a loud intake of breath as if they had gotten the shock of a lifetime. The queue in front of him paused dramatically and he looked ahead to see what had caused the sudden stop.

Everyone was staring at the large structure whose gates they were currently standing in front of.

“I know where we are” someone gasps.

All eyes went to that person.

The girl, Jongwoon didn’t recognize her, studied the castle with wide horrified eyes.

“We’re in Belmont!” she pointed out.

Jongwoon’s eyebrows furrowed at her words.

Belmont?

He looks around. The village did appear to be well taken care of and rather lavished with excellent scenery but could it really be the great Belmont? Belmont was one of the 5 magnificent kingdoms. Like Molten F’aire it had a reputation for being prestigious but it was a private kingdom, meaning it only had one main village unlike Molten F’aire’s Kingdom which was made of six additional villages and the main village.

Had they even travelled that far? He had lost track of the days but the ache in his buttocks and back ensured him that he had been sitting for far too long. However, there was no way they were in Belmont.

“It is!” a different voice chimes in.

A whispering frenzy broke out among the females but it was quickly interrupted by disgruntled male shout.

“Shut up you ignorant pile of s. God, I’m getting a headache just standing next to the lot of you” General Choi said as he moved toward one of them, a young girl who looked no more than 17. She attempted to step back as he got closer but was brutally shoved forward by another one of the Overlord’s s.  

General Choi grabbed by the arm, “You’re very pretty” he commented, “What are your…skills?”

The girl hesitated for almost a solid minute before managing to stutter out a, “Cook-cooking, sir”

General Choi snorted, rolling his eyes, his hands releasing her arm before pushing her away from him.

“Ah, yes, women and the kitchen. Two things that go hand in hand. How…boring. Put her in the Garden”

Obviously not knowing what being put in the garden meant, the girl screamed as if he had just requested that they throw her in the lion’s den.

General Choi ignored her in favor of going up to the next girl. It continued on from there. He would ask them what their skills were and depending on whether or not he liked their answer he would assign them to where he thought they should be.

One girl would not stop crying and eventually General Choi decided to put her with the laundry staff.

“Her tears would come in handy for rinsing my underwear” he comments gleefully as the girl is led away.

“I bet you think you’re so strong” someone calls out.

Choi rounded on the Gna with a quirked eyebrow.

Jongwoon bites his lower lip hard and clenched his fists so tight that his finger nails dig into his palm.

‘Shut up, Gna’ he prayers.

“What did you say?”

Gna held her stance, back straight as she glared at him, “I said, I bet you think you’re so tough, picking on a bunch of girls must make you feel really macho and manly”

General Choi and Gna have a staring contest for the next 5 minutes.

“Actually yes it does. It gives my skin a healthy glow, don’t you think? Anyways, you’re going to be on trash duty, just like the other mouthy girls who think they’re so…tough”

“Oh, trash duty? Is that really the worst you’ve got?” Jongwoon wishes he had the courage to clamp his hand over Gna’s mouth.

General Choi smirks, “No. I could lock you up in the dungeon and let the rats your skeleton for the next five years” he reaches out boldly and pats her cheek, “Now be a good girl and go pick up daddy’s garbage”

Before Gna can retort she is being led away roughly.

By the time Choi makes it around to Jongwoon the other man is clearly bored and barely glances at Jongwoon’s face before declaring, “Put this one with the cleaners”

Jongwoon is pleasantly happy to be overlooked and breathes a heavy sigh of relief and is so distracted that he doesn’t realize he’s being led away until Choi says,

“Take the kid to the shack with the others”

Suzy, who had been clinging to the side of his kimono is wrenched off of him by one large dark skinned man. She kicks and fusses, reminding Jongwoon of his promise.

Tugging hard enough to break the hold the other man has on him, Jongwoon races toward the man holding Suzy, demanding that he put her down.

“She stays with me!” he informs Choi harshly, his determination to keep Suzy safe giving him a confidence he didn’t know he could have in this situation.

General Choi’s face remains blank, then he waves them off.

“Whatever. I hope the kid likes scrubbing the floors”

Jongwoon doesn’t allow the man to grab him again; instead he lifts Suzy, allowing her to sit on his hip before following along obediently behind the man.

!!____!!

 

Alright nothing funny or even all that interesting happening so far. But they've arrived and you know what that means!

And since I did not respond to you personally, I just wanna say thank you miss2l