Chapter 31. Good girl

Lian

 

I yawned as I followed my nose to the kitchen. I saw the back of Sujin, while she was busy preparing different dishes. As I approached her I tried to sneak around her and steal a small bite, unluckily for me she caught me. “Aish, bad, bad!” She yells at me, hitting me with her wooden cooking spoon, the left over rice flew around. I quickly avoided her next attack and stepped back, “Okay, Okay, sorry~” Still ducking away, waiting for her spoon. “Just sit down and wait, or help me out so we can eat earlier.” She kept scolding and muttering about the youth of nowadays. I smiled while I made the table, I filled five glasses with milk. Sujin places the food on the table, and I walked to the still dark rooms to wake up the others.

 

As I came back with Nana, Yumi and Jinae I saw a feast of food. “Wow Sujin…” We all gawked at the table. “Yeah.. It is kind of my, our, celebration of a good showcase.” She smiled. “Sujin, your are the best noona!”  I yelled, as I ran towards her, to be stopped in the last minute to remember she was still holding her weapon. She smiled again as she put away her spoon and gestured us to sit down. We eagerly sat down and dug in the food. “Hmm it’s delicious~” Jinae commented, the rest of us just made agreeing noises since our mouths were stuffed.

 

When we were finished eating and still enjoying the after taste of a good meal and just enjoyed the peace of the morning Nana suddenly broke the silence. “Omo, let’s check out the comments!” “Wae? The broadcast is not until tonight?” Jinae asked in a bit of a whining tone. “But our fans who have been there have probably commented on sites such as Naver and Allkpop. Maybe we even have gained the hearts of international fans” She grabbed the shoulders, shaking Yumi, “wouldn’t that be great?” She shifter her eyes to the ceiling, and her mind dreamed on, “THE new rising stars of the Hallyu wave, HANA!” “Tch, wake up Nana,” I snickered at her naïve dreams, “we will have to work way harder if we really want to become international.” I patted her shoulder as I passed her, “Let us first start with Korea okay?” I said to no one in particular, “I’ll use the bathroom first!” Before I sped off to the bathroom, hearing yells from Nana and Jinae behind me.

 

After I finished washing up and was dressed I found Jinae and Nana still busy with the laptop, sometimes yelling out the comments they read. Yumi was nowhere to be found and I noticed Sujin just placed back the last plates from the dishwasher. “Any plans for today?” I asked her. Her eyes shot up to meet mine, “No not really. Though we are free to recover and prepare for our debut on the broadcast shows we were particular forbidden to leave the dorm for anything other than groceries or the agency.” She looked at me, scolding, “we won’t be repeating last time.” “Arasso, Arasso.” I turned back to Nana and Jinae. “Why don’t we visit our friends at the office.” Thinking it through more I added, “Why don’t we ask them out for dinner?” “Who?” Jinae asked exited, Nana sitting next to her looked just as curious. “EXO of cours!” Jinae’s eyes enlarged, “Andwe!” We all looked at her, surprised by her reaction. She shifted her way of sitting a bit, “It will be awkward to see Kyung Soo-oppa again.” “Kyung Soo?” I asked, “do you mean D.O? Wait a minute…” I looked at her closer, “since when do you call him ‘oppa’?” Suddenly Yumi dashed out of her room, “OMO, do you like him?!” Nana grinned, ”Don’t let me start about you and Sehun. Don’t give me that look. Back when you passed out from just two drinks, he insisted on bringing you back himself.” Yumi’s face reddened, “H-he did?” I laughed at the fact of finding out my two friends both had crushes. “it will be okay, EXO-M is here too for preparations of their comeback, so there will be twelve of them, I don’t think they even remember last time.” Sujin assured us.

 

In the end I was the person to call them and ask them out for dinner. I again felt awkward thinking about the last time we did something with EXO, and I remembered I still hadn’t thanked Baekhyun for bringing me safely home that night. Still I quickly dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. It took a little while, but finally he picked up. “Baekhyun.” He answered the phone, his voice a bit panting. “Hi, with Lian. Are you practicing? I can call back later?” I heard a few thuds, and then he answered. “No, it’s okay, we have a little break. What’s up?” I smiled, obviously the members were mocking with him on the other side of the line, since I heard a vague sound of yelling and laughing. “Well, since we finished our showcase well yesterday we have gotten the day off today.” I snickered and added in a sarcastic manner, “Since we behaved so well last time, we are only allowed to go somewhere in the neighborhood or to the SM buildings.” He laughed, “Very understandable.” “So we were thinking about our dear trainee friends, and since you are all in Korea right now, why don’t we grab something to eat tonight.” “Dinner? Are you sure, they will eat you poor. Don’t…” he couldn’t finish his sentence, I heard some stumbling and some growls of pain. “Hello, Lian noona?” “Yah Sehun, brat, you only call me noona if you want something. You are older than me by three months, quit the noona,” I heard him laugh, “Okay Lian. But about dinner.” I sighed, “Yes, you probably want barbeque, don’t you.” “Woh, Lian, you read my mind.” In his sweetest voice he added, “Well, can we?” I smiled at his cute aegyo fail. “Fight it out with Jinae, she won’t have anything besides Japanese.” I threw the phone to Jinae, “Sehun insists on meat.” “Bwoh?!” She said, before entering a heated discussion about the dinner of tonight. I saw Yumi keep an close eye on our maknae while she was phoning with her crush. “Aigoo, so cute, are you jealous?” “Huh, who is jealous?” Yumi reacted while trying to act normal.

 

Finally the two maknae’s had agreed on a small udon shop, known for its great pork udon, this way they both had it partly their way, though I still noticed Jinae throwing glares at Sehun as we met them. The twelve boys had been waiting just outside the, “Hi~” we greeted each other and quickly went inside. Even though it was still just the ending of August, it was already noticeably more chilly. We sat down at about three different tables which we shoved together. I was sitting in between Kris and Tao. I hadn’t met both of them before their debut, and I didn’t know them very good, but I still liked them very much. Somehow we, HANA, felt even more like a family with the younger artists of SM, I think mainly because they are just closer to our situation. “How did the promotion in China go? We were not able to catch a lot of it, since it is not broadcasted here.” Kris looked up from the menu and thought for a moment. “Actually it didn’t go so good. Less than we expected but it was okay. Since a few of our members didn’t really know mandarin yet it was hard at the beginning.” She smiled with a hint of pain, “We will just have to practice to our fullest for the comeback.” I nodded, “It must be hard for them, to be away from home for so long.” He nodded, “at first it was hard for us all, since we were a new group of course and we had all come from different counties. Then we also went to promote oversees where some of us had never been before.” His eyes passed s while they were busy ordering. “Well I guess that’s the job of the leader, right? Keep the junior’s happy. Luckily we have all grown a lot, also in the teamwork.” The look at my face from the side, “I wouldn’t wish another future or other friends anymore.” I punched his shoulder, “You are the best older brother!” The waitress interrupted the conversations and we all ordered the food we wanted.

 

The rest of the evening was very pleasant. I was glad we had the time and freedom to be able to eat with our friends. The liveliness grew even bigger when Kris and Suho ordered some Sake. When Kris wanted to pour some in a glass for me, I held his hand, “No thanks, I can’t really handle liquor.” I joked, evading Baekhyun’s eyes, which suddenly became very hard, since he was also sitting right opposite to me. Even though we were with only five girls, together with twelve boys, the atmosphere was very comfy. After about two hours we finished eating, since the boys ate so much and we talked a lot during the dinner took a lot longer. After we had paid we went outside, somehow we just strolled around the park instead of immediately going home. “Ah~” I sighed as I inhaled the fresh and chilly night air, “So nice.” I puffed out my cheeks and sat down at a bench, I leaned back, “Woh, I can see the stars!” Baekhyun sat down beside me. I studied the stars “They look so different from the stars back home.” I commented, and I noticed the slight longing tone, I looked up to see only I and Baekhyun were left. I looked at his face, which I couldn’t see clearly in the dark. “Not tha they are less beutifull, just… different.” My voice trailed off, and so did my thoughts. “You know, when I was still a trainee I would frequently watch the stars, while imagining about being an artist.” I sighed, “I feel so content and happy right now! Like I can take on the whole world.” I fell silent, we just sat there enjoying the evening, until I remembered something, “Ah, I wanted to thank you again. You know,” I felt a blush warm my face, luckily it was to dark for him to notice, “for safely bringing me home when I had had a bit too much to drink the other night.” Suddenly he stood up and looked down at me, “That’s okay, I don’t mind taking care of this little brat.” He joked while ruffling my hair, “Let’s go back to the group, we’ll go back home soon I think.” I nodded and followed him, “Thanks Baekhyun-oppa~” I smiled my sweetest smile while trying to make him laugh with my aegyo. He just looked at me for a moment, before he pushed my face away from him, “You really need to practice your aegyo if you want to make it bigger in this industry!” I was a bit shocked, but since we were always joking around I didn’t search anything behind it. Little did I know that Baekhyun was hiding his reddened face from me.

 

That night I had a hard time falling asleep, and once I finally drifted off, I was continuously haunted by bad dreams. I was lying in bed, voices around me talking and people touching me. I wanted to respond, but I couldn’t. I heard a woman’s cry, and tried even harder, but I couldn’t do anything, not one of my muscles were responding. Finally the sounds subdued until only silence remained, then one voice started talking to me, my hand was being held. I felt the hand shacking and a few drips landed on my skin. How desperately I tried to move, to tell the person I was alive and I could hear him. But my body didn’t listen to me. The next morning I was exhausted from all the dreams, though I could not remember one of them, I still kept feeling uncomfortable, and instinctively I knew it hadn’t been nice dreams.

 

~~~***~~~

Annyeong,

How do you like this chapter?

I really had a hard time writing about the dinner ‘date’ with EXO T^T

 

How do you like the dream?? Mouhahaha

I know so much that is coming xDD

 

Please subscribe, comment and keep reading

Love my readers, commenter’s and my subscribers <3