Bad Habits Are Hard To Break

An Elegy Of Love

III.


I am a lazy , I seriously think I need to learn more about discipline. I rolled over to the other side of the bed and just as I was about to yawn, I heard a human alarm clock yelling. "SONG VICTORIA!!! HOW MANY ALARM CLOCKS DO I NEED TO BUY JUST SO I CAN WAKE YOU UP?!" Obviously, I just kept a smirk to myself and acted as if I was still sleeping. "YAH! VIC! DO YOU WANT ME TO POUR HOT WATER OVER YOU JUST SO YOU WOULD WAKE UP?!" Like an immediate body response, I stood up, almost imagining myself saying 'sir, yes, sir!' just like those in civil military training before you enter college. "Look at our room, it's such a mess!"

Oh, you remember my best friend Amber? The one I work with in the Coffee Shop? We both live together. It's a long story. Since father died, mother still in China in order to earn more for the both of us so she had to leave South Korea and I. From then on, Amber moved into our house and ever since the day she moved in, her fate changed.

Of course, she chose to live with a disastrous messy lazy shopaholic like me. (:< Since she didn't like eating outside, you know, 'fast foods and 7 eleven stuffs' she started learning about cooking. And now, she's my personal cook. She cooks amazing kimchi and noodles and other Korean food, sometimes she would try Western dishes and she's really a star when it comes to cooking.

Also, she's my beloved janitor, my ultimate cleaning and personal maintenance person since the day she started complaining about how I don't know how to clean. She'll die herself out while cleaning the bathroom, our most-oh-awesome room, and the rest of the house while I would pig out on popcorn in front of the television and scream about how hot TaeKyung is in He's Beautiful/You're Beautiful drama, or how stupid Lee Min Ho is for acting the gay role in his "Perfect Match" series, or blab about how my eyes aren't big enough just because I saw a commercial about fake eyelashes and how much they make your eyes look big enough.

Sometimes I think I've never been good to Amber though she's been giving me her unconditional love and labor, sometimes I think I have never been grateful to her, but most of the times I tell her how much I appreciate her presence then she'd joke about how I am so lucky to have a nanny like her that I should be thanking her everyday for her undying babysitting hours with me. Amber is the best friend that I've never wished for.

"But you can clean it better, right?" I lazily went out of the bed and headed straight to the bathroom -- but even before I could, she yelled at me again. Don't panic. I'm used to these yells than those yells cheerleaders would scream during their practices.

"SONG VICTORIA!! FIX YOUR BED!!" Alright. She may sound like my long-lost-mother but what more can I do? It's better to fix bed than to fix the whole house myself! I returned to my bed, just as commanded and then I folded my blanket and fixed my bed. After that, it was bath time!

I went out from the bathroom, perfectly clean only with a towel on without blemishes but purely droplets of water falling on the wooden floor of our room. I almost got myself coz I was about to remove the towel from my body just as I was prepared to do my usual after-bathtime rituals when Amber barged inside the room while panting.

"There's someone looking for you. I never knew you still kept your Pink Panther ring tone, hm." It was my cellphone, and it's vibrating and blinking and ringing and that lousy Pink Panther ring tone played on loop. How humiliating!

"Give me that!" I grabbed it from Amber's hand abruptly and then I heard a male's voice from the other side of the line talking nonsense.


"Hello, Pink Panther." This must be a prank call! What Pink Panther is he talking about?! Do I look like I'm Pink Panther? My name doesn't even sound like one! It's Vic-tor-ia Song! Not Pink Panther Song! This punk!

"You dialed the wrong number, punk. Now I'm--"

"--It's me." That voice, that familiar accent, it reminded me of a not-so-sweet-memory. Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh, don't tell him it's...It can't be possible, right?! He's not...no way! "Uh, in case you forgot. It's Nichkhun here."

Nichkhun?!?. Wait. Where did I hear that name?

Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. AH!

The guy in black sweater from yesterday?

The one who called me cute?

That's right! It's him!

I gasped and as a result I dropped my phone. I was looking like I was some sort of circus clown with a towel wrapped around her body.

I started jumping, fanning myself using my hands, holding back the shrieks I could've made. Amber looked at me with a huge deal of confusion in her eyes.

"What?" Her tone was more of an accusation rather than a question. I couldn't even believe me for making such a big fuss out of this.

"It's a boy!" I whispered in her ear.

"What?! Who's pregnant?!" Amber, you have such a good sense of humor!

"I thought you'd even asked me when's the day of delivery! Psh." I stuck my tongue out at her, then she suddenly fell into series of loud shrieks. Yes, she's crazier than me. Believe me. I would've already taken her to the rehab already.

"Oh my gosh, Vic. You received a call from a....guy?! I'm so proud of you!" She hugged me like I was the least person in the world to ever receive a call from a guy. She made it sound so bad! It felt like no male specie ever dared to call me since ever!


Am I such a late bloomer? Well, not anymore! (:<



Speaking of call-from-a-guy... Uhm my cellphone. Where's my cellphone?!




"Amber!! Why is my phone under your feet?!"


A great way to ruin an opportunity is to lose it even before it started.


My phone is broken. Amber stepped on it!! No, jumped on it!! So much for too much excitement!

BOO YOU Amber!