Memories

Quinque's Drabbles and Prompts Galore (Featuring Kris and Sooyoung) [[HIATUS]]

 

“Hey Krissie,” I greet you cheerfully, sitting down beside you. I take out the bubble tea I bought for us a while ago and set one in front of you and start drinking the other. I can feel your strong gaze on me, and I suddenly smile. I took a deep breath and began talking to you.

“I still remember the first day we actually talked, you know. Do you remember, or do I have to tell you again from the start?” I chuckle lightly, knowing you won’t answer me. “Okay, here goes....”

-----

  March 13, 2012

 

  I hid behind a tree and scanned the basketball court, trying to get a glimpse of the famous senior Kris Wu. I, like most of the girls in the high school, looked up to him. But my case was somehow different; I had fallen for him hard. I smoothed my skirt down and squinted, trying to spot him again.

“Looking for someone, Summer?”

I turned around to face him.  Him of all people! I almost sobbed out loud. Why, oh why did he have to come here? I gulped and replied, “Oh, I was just looking for my sister… I thought she was watching the game again.”

Kris leaned against the tree, his usual crooked smirk in place. “You sure you’re not looking for anyone else?”

I blushed and turned around quickly, not wanting him to see the red circles that adorned my cheeks. “W-well…. I wanted to watch the game, but I didn’t want to go closer,” I mumbled quietly.

“And why is that? Come on. Don’t be shy, alright?” He gently grabbed my wrist and led me to the bleachers. We sat down at the very first row, and I could almost hear everyone’s whispers about us.

“Kris is looking for a new girlfriend again?”

“He could’ve chosen me!”

“Ugh, shut up. You know I’m prettier than you!”

I looked down at the ground, trying to give myself a peptalk. Choi Sooyoung! Don’t back out of this! Here’s your chance, got it?! Make your conscience proud! I did a mini fighting pose and watched the game with a new glint in my eyes. I heard a soft chuckle come from beside me. I glanced at him, trying to make sense of his amused expression.

“You know, Summer, you’re really….different,” Kris told me, mirth present in his dark eyes. I bit my lip, seeing it as something bad. I went back to facing the ground. So much for chances…

Kris noticed my expression and quickly tried to defend himself. “No, it’s not what you think. I just see you as someone unique and, you know, someone who wouldn’t profess his or her undying love for me.”

I laughed. “You have fanboys?”

He grimaced. “The largest fanbase in this school belongs to me, composed of sixty percent females and forty percent males.”

“Wow. You’re wow.” I laughed louder, looking at his dejected expression. “No way am I falling for that trick.”

 He pouted even more, trying to make me pity him. “Summer, come on, don’t be like this. You seem like a good friend, and good friends don’t laugh at one another, right?”

My laughing cut off abruptly. He sees you as a friend already. My conscience began to happy dance, and I was so close to doing the same, if it was not for him trying to get my attention again.

“Anyway, Summer, I was wondering if –“

I smiled at him as sweetly as I could. “Just call me Sooyoung. Summer is just my English name.”

Kris grinned. “Alright,  Sooyoung. Do you wanna hang out some other time? I think we’re really going to get along just fine.”

I nodded and we switched numbers. His grin grew wider. “Alright, I’ll text you soon, okay?”

---

  “I thought you still didn’t know me at that time, Krissie,” I laughed as I finished telling my story. “Hmm, what else should I tell you? Oh! I remember our confession…”

---

 I sat below the large mango tree in the school backyard, my eyes glued on the homework I was trying to finish. “So when converting measurements, you just gotta….” I muttered to myself incoherently, furiously scrawling formulas in my notebook.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. Said person covered my eyes, making me squeal. “Ah!” I quickly pried his rough hands off and turned around, an indignant expression on my face. “Krissie!”

Kris stood there, trying not to laugh. I pushed him away from me and stalked off, my black boots making loud noises as I stomped my feet. “Stupid, hot, good-for-nothing bestfriend!” I shouted. “Trying to bother me when I’m studying for the hardest exam in history!” I turned around and squinted, trying to look angry.

He followed me, laughing. “Come on, Soo.” He carried me gently and spun me around. “Why do you have to keep treating me this way?”

“Put me down!” I shrieked, pounding his arm, making me drop – ALMOST. I sighed and dusted off my skirt, looking at him with the evil eye. “Just because.” I wanted to make a cool, dignified exit with me sauntering off, but sadly…. Luck wasn’t on my side. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me back.

“I don’t want to let go of you, Soo,” he whispered softly. I blushed, trying to move closer to him without him noticing. “And…why is that?”

He grabbed my shoulders and gently turned me around so I was facing him. And with a grin, he moved closer until we were only about a centimeter apart. I could feel his breath on my face, and it was driving me crazy in a very good way. His eyes softened, moving down to my lips. I felt him getting closer…closer….until….

BAM! Cue the fireworks, cue the choir, and even those weird birdcalls. This was HEAVEN. HEAVEN, I tell you. As our lips moved in perfect synchronization, I wondered why I didn’t do this before. Wow….just wow.

He was the first to pull away, his eyes half-lidded and glazed over– is that LOVE I see? I smiled and hugged him tightly. I couldn’t say anything anymore; he completely rendered me speechless.

“I always wanted to do that….at least once,” he confessed, leaning his chin on the top of my head. Thank God once again for his giant height! I did a mini dance in my head, grinning like an idiot.

“You got your chance, though,” I answered mischievously, earning a slight hum from him. “But…I need my chance too!” I quickly turned around and pecked his lips.

---

   “We could've had it all, Krissie,” I sighed, wiping away my tears. “It doesn’t help that I miss you a lot. We were so young…It’s been like, what, a year? I still miss you.” I looked up at the clouds, a wistful smile on my face. “Do you miss me too?”

A soft breeze caressed my face like a loving breeze. I looked back at your gravestone, more tears blurring my sight. “Kris Wu….I love you.”

 

 

Kris Wu Fan

November 6, 1990 – June 25, 2013

A guardian, a best friend, a sincere lover.

You will always be missed.

 

 

------------------------------------------

  School took over my life. ;A; Okay, just kidding ^^ I'm really sorry if I haven't updated in FOREVER. I know. ;A; I'm such an evil person. OTL But yeah, I'm pretty much in school all the time and I lost my SooKris feels. I promise, they're back now! I guarantee another oneshot soon >< Sorry to keep you waiting. ;A; You must be expecting a lot and I just made...one. OTL I'll try to finish another one soon, I promise. ;-; Okay guise? Sorry for the long wait. :3

Oh, on a side note! I'm going to open a Review and Beta Shop in a while, plus maaaaybe I can get started on my SooKris diary-fic. xD More details will be posted soon~ Thanks so much for your support! Quinque loves you all! <3