Chapter 88: Beach Special: Boot camp.

Seoul Academy for Boys and 1 Girl

 

Chapter 88
 
So after the happenings in my bedroom again we all set out to the beach. Setting up for the same routine as yesterday, I took to sitting on the beach towel and relaxing again. I had Onew with me this time talking to Minho about some soccer game. It wasn’t long until I was dozing off again. However I was intturpted by a very loud and high pitched whistle.
I jumped up from my towel confused as to what the deuce was going on.
“EH!?” I yelled.
“WAKE UP EVERYONE TIME TO GET A MOVE ON” Some woman yelled at us. “GET OUT OF THE WATER TIME TO GET IN SHAPE!” She screamed at Taemin Key and Jonghyun who were still splashing around. “LINE UP EVERY ONE!” 
So the six of us lined up one by one shocked and confused as to what’s going on.
“Now that you have all had you vacation day time to get to what you all bought into joining us at NEWLY WEDS BOOT CAMP!” She yelled …. She reminded me of a drill sergeant.
“A WHAT?” Key yelled back.
The loud whistle screamed at Key this time.
“DON’T TALK BACK TO ME GIRLY MAN.” The woman yelled. “I AM TSUKI YOUR COACH YOUR TRAINER YOUR JUDGE AND YOUR WORST ENEMY FOR YOUR REMAINING DAYS.”
My god this woman was scary.
“GET INTO YOUR PARTNERS”
“Partners?” Onew questioned confused.
“YES PARTNERS!” She yelled. We all stood like fools. “NO PARTNERS?”
We all nodded.
“JONGHYUN IM GOING TO KILL YOU!” Key yelled. “I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP!”
“WHAT THIS IS NOT MY FAULT NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS A NEWLY WED BOOTCAMP WHAT KIND OF THING IS THIS!”
“BOTH YOU TWO SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTHS UP!” Tsuki yelled at them. “You two make a perfect pair, great communication, you shall be couple number 1.” She said with a creepy smile.
The rest of us giggled at it. Onew who was standing closest to Key got pushed by him and fell into Minho.
“COUPLE NUMBER 2!” Tsuki announced point to Minho and Onew.
The two stared blankly at the lady. I guess that left Taemin and I. Not that I minded.
“And couple number 3.” She said coming to Taemin and I. “Cute.” She said and rubbed our heads.
“Excuse me mam” I said.
She gave me a death glare.
“What exactly is this?” I asked. 
“NEWLY WED BOOT CAMP!” She announced. “Is where you will all learn to grow better as a couple and as a group! The winner of the competitions will win these couple bikes!” She said and pointed to the very shiny and fancy bikes in a display case….. How did those get there.
“B-but… None of us are married.” I replied.
“SHOULDA THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE YOU SIGNED UP!”
 
Great…
 
--
 
“FIRST CHALLENGE!” Tsuki yelled and then blew her whistle again. “SAND CASTLE BUILDING!” She announced. “You have an hour to create and design a sandcastle. You will be marked on style, efficiency and teamwork!”
I looked to my left and saw Key arguing with Jonghyun. 
“I AM NOT DOING THIS!” 
“COME ON ITLL BE FUN!” 
“THIS IS STUPID.”
“LETS SHOW THESE GUYS HOW GOOD WE ARE HUNNY” Jonghyun yelled back.
“Come on Key.” I said. “Don’t be a grouch… This’ll be fun.” Regardless of how random it was.
Taemin grabbed my arm and shot it in the air.
“Cute couple for the win!!” He chuckled and Key threw a rock at him which he gracefully dodged.
“READY…”Tsuki lifted her arm up. “1.…….2.……..3.….. GO!” She yelled. 
 
And as she yelled I noticed Taemin running to our station with all the sand castle supplies. Onew and Minho jogged to theres, while Jonghyun bolted like a greyhound with Key grumbling behind him. 
 
“MinYoung!” Taemin said. “I’ll get water… You can start digging!” He suggested grabbing a bucket and running off down the shore.
And dig I did. Hey… This was actually kind of fun. I was smiling through the whole ordeal.
“YAH!” I heard key yelled. “GET MORE WATER YOU IDIOT.”
I chuckled.
“YAH!” He yelled again. “DIG HARDER!!! IM DOING ALL THE WORK!”
“HEY!” Jonghyun yelled back. “YOU HAVNT DONE ANYTHING!”
“I don’t want to get sand in my nails.” He replied.
Jonghyun started rolling on the ground laughing. “You’re kidding right!?” 
“YAH! GET TO WORK!” Key yelled back.
Meanwhile with Minho and Onew they seemed to be having a good time constructing their sand castle. 
“Minho… I think we need more water.” He said.
“Ok.” Minho replied. 
“Oh… Maybe we should get seaweed and make it green.” Onew suggested.
Those two were deep in thought.
“MinYoung!” Taemin said and brought me out of my observations. “I made a tower!” I looked at the tiny pile of sand we had made…. It wasn’t very good. We definitely wouldn’t win this compared to Minho and Onew’s elite looking castle with a draw bridge and everything.
“Hmmm.” I said “Lets make a moat!” I suggested and started digging more.
“Okay!” 
And after  a good 20 minutes more Taemin and I managed to build… a mediocre castle with a tiny moat around it…. However the sand just up all the water we put into it.
 
Then that annoying loud whistle blew in my ears again.
“TIMES UP!” Tsuki yelled.
Urg I just wanted to throw that thing in the water.
All of us lined up again, and I noticed Minho’s and Onew’s castle was even more grand than what I had first seen. Jonghyun’s and Key’s looked like a pile of sand, while Taemin’s and I’s probably was just the average castle a couple of kids could come up with.
“COUPLE 2 WINS FOR STYLE!”
“Yeah!” Onew punched the air. “Time for some chicken!”
“Cute couple wins for communication and team work!” Tsuki yelled.
Taemin and I high-five and Key seemed to get more pissed off with every second that went by.
 
--
 
“CHALLENGE 2! VOLLEYBALL!” 
I didn’t know how I was going to be much of help, jumping around with my injury wasn’t going to be possible.
“Can I have a sub in?” I asked.
“NO! YOU ARE A COUPLE YOU WILL WIN THIS TOGETHER!” She yelled in my face.
“YAH!” Key went up to her. “DON’T YELL IN HER FACE LIKE THAT!” He yelled back.. I think he was looking for any excuse to yell at her to be honest. “SHES INJURED!”
She blew her whistle again, “HER HUSBAND WILL HAVE TO HELP HER!” 
“HES NOT HER HUSBAND!”
“THEY ARE HERE!”
“YAH!”
And they continued arguing for a good 3 minutes.
 
“I think Key’s jealous.” Onew mumbled.
“When is he not.” Minho said bluntly. 
“Don’t worry Minyoung I’m get at volley ball. Just bump it when ever you can!” Taemin smiled at me. I smiled back.
“Okay Hunny~” I said all girly and took his arm. 
“YAH!!!!!!!!!” Key yelled at us and we all couldn’t help but laugh at him.
 
So for the first round it was Couple 1 against Couple 2.
“This is good Minyoung we can scope out their weaknesses.” Taemin said. “Keep a good look for them.”
I noticed that Key and Jonghyun were actually really good…. Well all of them were very athletic. It seemed as if on a sport field that’s where Key and Jonghyun actually got along well. They were working very well together, and I noticed their defence was really strong.
“Jonghyun and Key don’t spike that much.” I said.
“That’s because Minho is always spiking it at them.” Taemin explained. “Onew isn’t very good with his hands. They’ll be easy.”
Oh… I noticed Onew kept tripping over the sand too.
When the game had finished Jonghyun and Key had one only by a couple of points. Minho and Onew gladly had high fives but Key and Jonghyun were still arguing about god knows what.
“Jonghyun how did you not notice you signed up for this?” I asked
“I thought I signed us up for the tournament actually.” He replied,
“What tournament!?” Key growled.
“The beach ball one they had at this beach…”He replied. “But this is fun too!” He chuckled and Key was about to flip his lid.
“Key why are you so angry?” I asked.
“He does this every trip he plans there’s always some loop hole.” Key grumbled a bit.
“Come on lighten up!” Onew said. “You just one against Minho!”
Key rolled his eyes. Something must be up.
 
Because there was an uneven amount of teams, crazy chill lady allowed there to be a half hour break before Taemin and I played against Key and Jonghyun. So in that time we all took a walk.
“Yah!” I said looking at a billboard. “This was what you were talking about Jonghyun! The beach ball tournament!” 
“Oh this is it!” He said looking at the add.
“Ah the winner gets a feast and a special banner for the rest of the summer!” Taemin said. “Let’s do it!” 
“But we have drill sergeant lady all over us.” Onew busted everyone’s bubble.
“TEAM COMPETITION IS APART OF NEWLY WED BOOT CAMP! HOW WELL CAN THE COUPLES WORK WITH OTHERS!” Speak of the devil. She was about to blow her whistle but key snatched it from her hand and threw it. “HEY!”
“This is a BEACH! STOP WHISTLING IM GOING TO GO DEAF!” Key yelled.
And they started arguing.
“It says the teams have to be six people….” I said. “I’m not any good at sports to begin with.”
“We’ll just do it for fun.” Onew suggested an started writing our names on the sheet. 
“It’s tomorrow! I’m so excited!” Taemin said happily.
“WERE GONNA WIN TOO!” Jonghyun yelled.
--
 
So now Taemin and I were competing against the highly competitive Jonghyun, and the extremely moody Key.
Taemin seemed to be jumping off the walls because the whole game he was hitting everything, I was surprised our little duo team was actually not far behind in points at all. I however was pretty much useless because even when Jonghyung ‘tapped’ the ball in my direction I usually completely missed. Key couldn’t stop laughing at me.
“YAH!” I yelled. “LETS SEE YOU DO THIS WITH A WOUND!” I yelled at him.
“YOU COULD ATLEAST HIT IT WITH YOUR ARM MINYOUNG!” He yelled back. I ran up… well more or less hobbled, to his side of the court and got all up in his grill. 
“YOU WANNA FIGHT!?” I yelled in his face. “LETS GO!” I pushed him. I wasn’t angry but I wasn’t enjoying getting mocked and laughed at. 
He however started laughing and rolling all over the sand. I stared at him with a death glare. 
“What’s so funny!?” I asked
“I can’t take you seriously when you hobble!” He was still laughing holding his stomach. Meanwhile in the background I could see Taemin and Jonghyun chuckling and even Onew and Minho have their own fits of laughter on the sidelines. 
“YAH!” I yelled and marched over to my side of the court again and grabbed the volley ball from Taemin’s hands and launched it in the air ran at it and jumped to do a spike. I was aiming straight for Key who was still laughing. 
However my aim was off and it landed beside his head and bounced off. 
“WOW MINYOUNG!” Jonghyun said. “That was awesome!”
“ILLEGAL POINT!” Tsuki yelled.
“WHAT!!!” I screamed.
 
So we lost.
 
--
 
“CHALLENGE 3!” The lady yelled she was about to blow a whistle but there was nothing in her hands… I was grateful that Key threw it away. “BRIDAL STYLE RACE!” 
“What??” I asked.
“Racing in which the husband will be carrying the wife bridal style.” Tsuki explained. “It is an obstacle course in which the wives will be the arms, mind, and eyes.”
“Eyes??” Minho questioned.
“The husbands will be blindfolded.” She explained.
Oh great… I knew plenty of us were going to get hurt. And I felt sorry for Taemin that had to carry me the whole time. The guy did not look strong at all.
“SET UP!” She yelled.
All of us got to our starting positions and I put a blindfold over Taemin’s eyes. I looked over and noticed Minho was I guess going to be the husband.. And Jonghyung was going to be Key’s… I don’t think I could see it any other way… Key was a bit of a diva… Okay more than a bit.
“You okay Taemin?” I asked.
He nodded and smiled. “I think we got this.”
 
 
--- 
 
A/N
Yo and hello!
Sorry for the lack of updates.. :p I work too much 
Anyways majority of you are correct SHINee is my favorite idol group :3
and one person did get the member correct it was ONEW~ Radiant_Moonbeam!!
Congrats!!! So just let me know what you would like as your special request 'scene' and nothing that would affect the storyline too much like someone dying or something crazy... ^^ But yeah Post it in the comments or mssege me whatever is easiest.
Good job to everyone else though! Don't worry there will be TONS more quizzes and contests so you can be more involved in the story!
Question of the day!
 
Is there another band you would like to see an appearance of in this story?? 
 
Thanks for reading~