Chapter 86: Change

Seoul Academy for Boys and 1 Girl

 

Chapter 86
 
I had realised that I had never spent time alone with Jonghyung…. It was surprisingly very awkward. Maybe it was just the situation we were in right now. He was walking ahead of me because I was still a bit slow with my limp. He didn’t seem to notice. He seemed to be more in his own world.
“Uh.. Jonghyun?” I asked.
“Mm??” he looked back at me. “Are you alright?” He gave a charming smile you’re limping still.
“I’m ok.” I replied with a  nervous smile “It hurts a little but I just have to walk a bit slower.”
At that moment he crouched down.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“Oh just get on well get there faster like this and Key would be upset if I let you suffer.” He explained.
“Im not suffer-
“Just get on!” He demanded.  I gulped and then approached his back.
It was awkward… like trying to mount a small pony. I had never ridden a pony. But then he seemed to lift me up with ease.  I didn’t notice that he was actually quite strong… being the shortest in that class.
“See… All better.” He had a cheesy grin.
“You remind me of someone.” I whispered. It was comforting and I think I was going to start enjoying his company more. “Thank you for helping out with everything Jonghyun, without you and the others back with SP and everything I would be a goner. I never really had the chance to thank you all personally.” 
“You’ll always be SAFB’s treasure Minyoung I gotta look out for ya.” He chuckled. 
 
We were now nearing the cemetery where Auntie’s grave was. He set me down at the entrance and we both walked in together.
“Who is it that you are going to see Jonghyun?” I was curious but I didn’t want to invade his privacy.
“My mom!” He said smiling.
“Oh.. Im very sorry.” I replied.
“Don’t worry about it. She passed away when I was a baby.” He replied. “I’m just going to pay my respects to her. I’ll see you in a few.”
 
And so after a short while of paying our respects to our loved ones Jonghyun and I met up at the entrence again.
“Now what are ya gunna do?” He asked me.
“Well.. I should go see Key.” I nervously said.
“Something up?” He asked.
“I don’t know.”
“You can always date me instead.” He nudged me and I pushed him back. “I’m a lot more fun.”
I gave him a short glare. 
“I’ll come with you MinYoung.” He laughed. “It’ll make things less awkward then.” 
 
--
 
So when we arrived at the private hospital in which Key was practically being restrained, Jonghyun and I finally got passed all of the ‘security’ checks and questions how we were related to Key.
“Jesus..” Jonghyun muttered. “His parents are crazy.”
“I’ll say..” I agreed wanting to push off the guard checking me for weapons.
Since I got let go first I wandered into the private room first.
“K-Key?” I stuttered. But I couldn’t see him in the room. Though I was shocked when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around me.
“?!” I froze what was this!?
“Minyoung.” I heard Key whisper.
“Y-yes?” My whole face went red.
“I’m….”
“Mmm?”
“I--”
“Yes?” I asked meekly my cheeks about to blow from redness.
“I’m so bored.” He said and collapsed on the ground.
I turned around and stared at Key who was flat out on the floor.
“Jesus Key I didn’t think you were in that bad of shape.” Jonghyun said walking into the room. He quickly pulled Key up and they both went over the Key’s bed. “So when do you get out of her?” He asked. I soon wandered over to the bed too and sat down on the chair.
“Well.. My parents are running a bunch of tests… I can probably leave tomorrow.” Key replied scratching his head.
“GOOD!” Jonghyun said. “Because I have something for us to do before school starts up again!” He smiled… almost cheekily.  “AND MINYOUNG IS COMING TOO!”
“Eh?” I perked up. 
“Please not that stupid camping trip we had last year.” Key grumbled. 
“No… a BEACH HOUSE!” He announced. 
To be honest that sounded amazing to me after what I had been through.
“No.” Key said.
“What!?” Jonghyun said.
“You’re just going to find a way to screw it up like every other year.”
“No I won’t this is totally going to be awesome!” He said. “There’s games, great food, private resort, great girls, a spa.”
“A spa~?” I asked curious. “I have only been to a spa once!” I was getting excited.
“Yes a Spa MINYOUNG!” Jonghyun ran over to me and grabbed my hands. “Don’t you want to be treated like a princess!?”
I nodded.
Soon our hands were swatted off of each others. 
“Fine…” Key said. 
“Yay!!!!” Both me and Jonghyun yelled.
“Mr. Kim it’s time for your prostate examination.” A doctor came in. And at that moment Key went bright red.
Both Jonghyun and I started to giggle.
“No.” Key replied.
 
---
 
That night I had dropped off a handheld video game and some books for Key to play with since he was so bored. He also apparently wouldn’t stop texting Jonghyun and Onew about how bored he was and that this trip coming up better be good.
Wait a second… Wouldn’t I be the only girl going on this? Luna would not be happy. I don’t think my uncle would be pleased either. Was I permitted to go?
I don’t think I’d be sharing a room with anyone anyways.
 
--
 
“OFCOURSE YOU CAN GO MINYOUNG” My uncle yelled at me over the phone.
“But I’m with a bunch of guys!” I replied. 
“Yes but I trust you.” He said and hung up.
What was with my uncle. Shouldn’t he be more concerned of my innocence? Then again I knew these guys very well. And I suppose T.O.P would be watching out for me anyways. So I nodded and smiled this was going to be fun… Whenever we were going to go.
 
--
 
The next day I was at the café with Luna, Tiffany and Amber. 
“YOURE GOING ON A TRIP WITHOUT ME?!” Luna yelled at me.
“I’m sorry… Jonghyun suggested it, he also told me his family really wanted to meet me.” I said nervously. Most parents wanted to meet me because of business opportunities. 
“BUT IT’S A BUNCH OF GUYS ON THE BEACH… SHIRTLESS” She yelled. Amber bopped her over the head.
“Honestly, it’s not very smart going to a resort with a bunch of guys.” Amber said. 
“Well… I’m really going there for a nice spa treatment. I’ve only had one once and after that whole kidnapping fiasco and a tough year it would be really nice.” I said.
“THEN GO TO A SPA WITH US” Luna yelled.
“But I already promised Jonghyun’s parents!” I replied. Honestly I didn’t want to go to a spa with Luna because she would drag me around everywhere.
“I think she wants to go because of Key.” Tiffany said taking a sip of her juice.
I froze… Maybe she was right. Maybe I wanted to go to see if that spark with Key was still there. 
I touched my chest softly and gulped. It was still there. That pang every time I thought about him it was there. When I looked at him all wanted was to be happy and have those old laughs we used to. I let out another sigh.
“Aha. You’re smart Tiffany.” Amber chuckled. “If that’s what you’re going for. To figure out your feelings and a nice break away from Loonie Luna here then go for it.”
“Besides Luna.” Tiffany started. “You can’t do anything anyways, You’re parents are setting you up with some private tutoring.”
“I KNOW… ITS HORRIBLE.” She yelled
“Pipe down will you.” Amber argued.
“I’m glad you guys agree.” I was red in the face now a bit embarrassed of the whole situation.
“Well…I’m also here to announce something to you all.” Tiffany began.
“Huh?” Most of us reacted.
“Sohee and I are moving away at the end of the summer.”
 
 
--
 
I was laying in bed staring at my ceiling. I blinked a few times thinking of the amazing and most terrifying year I had experienced. I was also thinking of all the memories I had shared with people.
Tiffany and Sohee moving away? They were going to south America for international studies. It was an amazing experience that their parents did not want them to pass up. I supposed this would break up the great girl group of friends that I had.
Not to mention Seohyun was also moving back to Thailand for her final year at school. Everyone was leaving next year. Luna would be in private studies because of her outgoing attitude always distracted most of the class and herself. Amber had already graduated and was accepted into a dancing school. It was like I was going to be alone again next year.
I shouldn’t say that. I still had a lot of close friends. And I know Luna would still force herself into my life as much as she could. I giggled at the thought..