Chapter 2

Wae, B1A4!

2.

The s between the five boys were very close; so they felt relatively comfortable with each other. However, when the time came for important matters to be discussed, everything changed. It was a dog eat dog world. Figuratively.

“This meeting will come to order,” Jinyoung declared solemnly, banging a potato chip bottle down on the rug. It was time for their weekend talk. They were all on their beds, except Jinyoung, who was on the floor for visual purposes. “Channie, are you taking notes?”

Gongchan had a notebook open. “I’m visual, main dancer, fashion protégé,” he mumbled, “not secretary” but nobody listened to the maknae anyway.

“First things first. Who put the SNSD poster on the bathroom door?”

Sandeul, who was doing some new lip slur exercises for his musical, choked and squeaked his last note. He rolled over to his stomach and peered over the railings. “What?”

“How could you not have noticed?” Jinyoung asked, wide-eyed at his surprise. There was a kind of pain in his voice, usually associated with deep trauma. He shook the potato chip bottle in Sandeul’s direction. “It’s been there for ages!”

“It’s been a long time since he took a bath,” dismissed Baro.

“Yah, it was just last night!” defended Sandeul. He reached his right arm down, and gave whoever it was a shove. A startled Gongchan toppled off the bed. “I’m too tired to notice… SNSD sunbae-nim on our toilet door.”

“Well, it’s bloody awkward to change in front of them,” CNU muttered darkly. He cowered at the memory. “I put my towel over the poster to cover their eyes.”

“No, you did that for the BEAST poster, hyung,” corrected Gongchan, getting up from the floor. “That was last week.”

“WHO AND WHEN PUT THE BEAST POSTER IN THE TOILET?” Jinyoung cried exasperatedly.

“Ah! I remember that! I threw it away,” Sandeul offered helpfully. “It got wet.”

“Now, I understand we are boys and have a healthy interest in girls,” Jinyoung put down kindly, though casting a doubtful glance in CNU’s direction at the second half of his sentence. “But there’s always a line!”

Baro whined. Instantly, two pillows were thrown into his direction. Interestingly, CNU held on to his pillow. “BUT BUT!” At each ‘but’, he absent-mindedly threw aside the said items onto the bed below. “It gives me motivation to lose weight!”

Jinyoung sighed, a long grandfather sigh to let loose his emotions. “Do you pump weights in the bathroom, Baro? Is there a real need for SNSD sunbae-nim to be in our toilet?”

“It’s our only mirror in the house!” Arguments broke out.

“I told you to buy that IKEA mirror, hyung, but you wanted to buy that king-size portion of meat that day,” Gongchan pointed out.

“You ate more than half!” Sandeul exclaimed.

“WAIT! You didn’t invite me?!” cried out Baro. He patted the headrest of the bed below. “Quick, I need a pillow to throw at the traitor!”

“Aren’t you the one who wants to lose weight?” CNU said critically, hugging all the pillows.

“Aren’t we digressing?” wondered Gongchan, looking at his memos. SNSD in bathroom; BEAST last week; pump weights; king-size meat without Baro-hyung did not seem to be politically correct notices to send to their manager.

“Fine!” Baro threw up his hands in defeat. “I’m Blood Type B. I’m flexible. Is 4MINUTE more of your type then?”

“NO! NO! NO MORE POSTERS!” Jinyoung yelled, over immediate replies of ‘Oh yeah’, ‘No, KARA is cooler’, ‘How about Super Junior?’. He put his hands over his ears. “LADIDA! NO SNSD; NO BEAST; NO 4MINUTE; NOT EVEN OUR OWN POSTERS! AND ESPECIALLY NOT IN THE BATHROOM!”

“But Jinyoung,” CNU tried reasonably, seeing how close to sobbing his leader was, “I already got a 2PM one.”

“The one with no shirts?” Gongchan wondered aloud.

“HEY HOTTEST!” CNU went in for a high-five.

Gongchan put his hands in front of his face, covering his mouth. Just in case, you know, he was leaning in for something else. “No thanks, hyung, I’m straight.” There was a thoughtful look on his face. “But you know what? What they lack are jackets. Yellow-faded-into-red jackets. Or leopard-prints seem to be the 'in' pattern to wear these days...”

It was time for the leader to step in. “NEXT!"