Humiliation, Dances & Regrets

The Heartbreaker's Game

Eun Hae’s POV

I looked at my hand. My hand was closed into almost a fist since there was something in my hand. I looked at the tent covered by Lu Han’s boxers. As soon as I realized what I was holding, I forgot how to breathe.

Oh.

My.

GOD!!!

I AM HOLDING ONTO HIS !

OH !

OTTOKE?!

I quickly sat up, my eyes wide. Lu Han’s eyes were wider. Did I really just grab his like that? Arrrrgggh, I do not believe this! Pabo! Wait, why was his lap my pillow anyway?

I began blushing furiously, hiding my face. Aiiiee, ottoke? What can I do? What should I do? What can I say? What do I doooooo? Omo, this is so embarrassing!

I felt my fingers moving, forced out of their will. I opened my eyes through the peepholes to see Lu Han trying to peel my hands away from my face. He was successful as he took my hand into his and we stared at each other in awkward silence.

Tick, tock . . . tick, tock . . .

The wall clock seemed especially loud, as if it was mocking us. Birds chirped innocently outside my window, not knowing what immoral thing I’d done. I couldn’t hear our breaths.

We looked at each other, blinking, not moving, as though we were frozen. I felt my face going hot and I averted my gaze. After a while I decided to look up at him to see what he was doing now.

He was smirking.

Oh, no, don’t tell me he’s gonna . . .

“You know, if you really want to sleep with me, all you have to do is ask and you know I’ll you,” he said casually, tilting his head to one side.

Yeap, he’s gonna.

I scowled and raised my hand to slap him, but using his power, he deflected my hit and made my hand drop down to my sides instead. “Yah!” I screamed in frustration. “Anyway, why was my head on your lap?!”

He shrugged. “I thought you’d like it,” he said with a sneaky smile.

I glowered at him. I looked at the clock and my eyes nearly popped out from it sockets. “, I am so ing late!” I cried, pushing him away.

He raised an eyebrow. “Did you just swear? This is the first time I hear you cuss.” He laughed. “I’m impressed. I guess you are not as innocent as I made you out to be. But then again, you did have that wet dream about me and you let a guy sleep with you in bed.”

I ignored him. “Damnit, I’m late! Why didn’t my alarm go off?” I scrambled to my feet, grabbing my towel, and made a dash out of the room to the bathroom. I don’t believe this! I overslept! I’m late for work. Why isn’t Kai here or something? I was about to reach for the door when it slammed shut and the next thing I knew, Lu Han was in front of me, blocking my way out.

I sighed, exasperated. “Lu Han, I don’t have time for your games this morning,” I said, trying to sound patient but he was really wearing my patience thin. Must he do this almost every morning? But at least every morning I’m not late!

“I turned your alarm off,” he confessed with a sneaky smile.

“What the — why?!” I screeched. Oh my god, I want to smack this . How dare he turn my alarm off? “You bastard! Is this some kind of a joke or something? Because I tell you, it’s not funny at all.”

But Lu Han shook his head. “Of course this isn’t funny,” he replied. “I did this for you, Eun Hae.” He seemed serious.

My eyebrows pulled together. “What are you saying?”

“You’re not going to work today,” he simply replied.

My jaws dropped. “Say what?”

He nodded. “I just said what you thought I said. Your boss said to give you today and tomorrow off because you’ve been spending so much time at work and no time resting,” he replied. He gestured to my phone, where I’m guessing the conversation took place.

“But . . . why . . . how?” I just woke up so I was really disorientated. I couldn’t gather my thoughts straight. I looked at him and I looked at my phone.

“What? He called.”

I grabbed my phone and checked my recent calls. I frowned at him. “It showed that you were the one who called, not my boss calling.” I cannot believe he would be so stupid. “Do you have any idea how crucial it is for me to go to work? I need to earn the money! I need to pay off the rent every month. I can’t keep relying on my aunty and Changjo to help me with my problems all the time.”

“Two days isn’t going to hurt you,” he tried to reassured me.

But I would not be reassured. “Why did you call him? What did you say?”

He shrugged. “Well, to be honest, all I had to say that you won’t be at work this morning and then he did most of the talking, saying that you’ve worked extremely hard and that for your good behaviour, he was really happy to give you two days off. You deserve the reward, Eun Hae.”

I shook my head. “What happened to Kai?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

I frowned.

He sighed. “Obviously he’s dead. I killed him.”

I glared at him.

He sighed, disappointed that I refused to humour him this morning. “Yeah, I wish he was dead,” he muttered. I cleared my throat and looked up. He smiled a bit regretfully. “I didn’t kill him if you’re so worried.” He scoffed and rolled his eyes. “I told him the truth, about you being so tired so your boss said to take the days off and so he doesn’t have to come and see you in the morning.”

“Unbelievable,” I muttered darkly.

“Besides, I did this because I cared about your health,” he went on.

I was surprised to hear this. Why would he care so much? I eyed him suspiciously and saw that he looked really sincere. I was touched. He did this because he was worried about me, making sure that I’m okay.

First the tape, and now this.

Lu Han can be really sweet when he wants to be, after all. Maybe he wasn’t such a jerk like I thought he was. He’s actually quite decent.

 

Kai’s POV

Lu Han is a cunning guy. Every time I think that I’m ahead, he does something and is immediately one step ahead. This cannot be a coincidence. I am not going to lose this Game to Lu Han. I know for a fact that Lu Han has never lost to any Games he played. Well, it’s time to break that chain.

He’s not going to win.

I sighed as I walked out to the cafe. There were not many plates to wash and I had someone who helped me so I managed to get the job done faster. The more pair of hands, the faster it’s done.

Just then the door pushed opened and Daeseul walked in. I smiled brightly when she saw me and came over to me. “Annyeong!” she said, beaming. She looked around. “Oh, where is Eun Hae?”

“She’s taking the day off to rest because she’s been so tired,” I explained. “I guess it’s good, because I don’t want to see her in the hospital.”

She nodded. “I know.” She sighed and went to sit down in the nearest table. There was no one else in the cafe so I walked over to where she was. She looked at me. “I wanted to talk to her about the dance.”

“What dance?” I asked quizzically.

She waved her hand . “It’s an annual dance for my school,” she explained. “I was going to ask her if she had any dates or if she was going to the dance with her cousin again.”

“Seriously, she goes on dates with her cousin?”

She grimaced. “Not exactly. It’s just that there was no one Changjo wanted to ask and Bang Yongguk made her life miserable and no one dared to cross with him and ask her out on a date.”

“What about you, who do you go to dances with?”

“People who I can find at the last minute. But they were all really stupid or they were players who tried to get into my pants,” she replied glumly. “This year, I really want to go to the dance with someone but I want him to be special.” I looked at her.

“Hmmm,” I said thoughtfully, an idea beginning to form in my head. “Are you allowed to have dates that aren’t in your school?”

She nodded.

I frowned thoughtfully. This idea in my head doesn’t sound that bad, after all. I could definitely use it.

 

Daehyun’s POV

I was looking out of my window when I saw Himchan and Yongguk running around in the lawn. I sighed, closing the drapes and walking back to my bed. They were idiots but when they’re mad, they’re really scary.

Youngjae looked up from where he was lying in his bed and saw my desolated expression. “What’s the matter?” he asked when he noticed the deep frown on my face. Since he and I shared a room, we were close to one another. In fact, we were always close to each other. We had each other’s backs.

“I was thinking,” I replied. “Of how things used to be like when Eun Hae lived with us. Do you remember?”

He nodded. “Of course,” he said softly. He sighed. “I actually miss talking to her. She was a good person. She was so cute and so adorable, even though she was sixteen.”

I sighed. “I cannot believe that they would do such a thing to her,” I said. “But I am disgusted with myself that I stood there, watching her get hurt and watching her being kicked out of the house, and I did nothing to help. What sort of person am I to do that to her? I’m heartless.”

“You were scared about what the hyungs would do to her if you go anywhere near her,” Youngjae said reassuringly. “You didn’t want that.” He sighed. “I hate myself for betraying her like that when she needed me the most.”

“You and I were the closest to her!” I went on. “We should have done something, to protect her and to have stayed by her side. But what did I do?” I scoffed. “I chickened out. I was scared and I left her alone.”

Youngjae couldn’t say anything.

I looked at him and grabbed my coat. “I’m going to go and apologize to her,” I said with firm determination. “You want to come?”

Youngjae nodded. “Don’t leave me behind,” he said and the two of us walked out to head over to Eun Hae’s apartment to say we were sorry.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hurrrm. Got nothing to say about this chapter. BUT I've got something to share.

Me and my friend are helping another friend by posting up her story on AFF. She isn't a big kpop fan like me and my friend, but she had agreed to let us post it up here as well as changing the characters. So, please, do feel free to check it out.

Starring SHINee, with a little drama/romance fic. Don't worry, it's not as intense as In Love with a Criminal or heartbreaking like I'm Engaged to a BEAST???

Here's the link.