Third Shot

Watching Over You

 

Kris switched on the fan instead of the air conditioner because he knew that air conditioner would make Luhan's condition worse. He took a glance at the peacefully sleeping Luhan before he decided to keep himself busy with the house chores. He wore a pair of gloves and started cleaning the entire dorm. He went into each room to do the cleaning. He found a pair of his favourite sunglasses under his bed which he thought he had lost somewhere else before. He smiled and carefully placed the sunglasses onto the small table beside his bed. He continued to clean. He found expired buns and a bag of junk foods under Xiumin's bed. He found Chinese comics under Chen's bed. He found a few similar unicorn plush toys under Lay's bed, only the colours were different. He found some small weird martial equipment under Tao's bed. But, he found nothing under Luhan's bed. Dust perhaps. But nothing more. Kris heaved a sigh. Luhan was forever so mysterious. Well, at least to him. He continued his cleaning chore.

 

It was almost noon. Kris went to take a look at Luhan for the umpteenth time. Kris, himself had lost count of it. He took the towel on Luhan's forehead. With the back of his hand, he placed it on Luhan's forehead. A smiled of relief appeared on his face. It had gone down a little, he thought. He damped the towel with the water in the basin on the table before placing it again on Luhan's forehead. Kris knew that the older boy was in a deep sleep when Luhan did not even flinch a bit. Kris lifted his eyes to the round clock on the wall, right above the television. Thirty-three minutes to twelve. Kris got on his feet again and headed to the kitchen.

 

Kris rinsed the rice grains for the third time before he placed the grains inside the pot on the stove. He filled the pot with a few cups of water, switched on the stove and covered the pot. He went to the refrigerator and his eyes searched for available raw materials left in it. He spotted a packet of sweet corns and a carrot. He shrugged his shoulders before he went forward and took the two in his hands. He made a small cut on the packet of sweet corns and poured an amount of sweet corns into a bowl before he rinsed them. Sweet, he thought as he took a taste of the corns. He took out the peeler inside a drawer and peeled the skin of the carrot at the sink. After washing it, he grabbed the chopping board and started to chop the carrot in a perfect little square shape, skillfully. Next, he chopped the ginger which he had peeled earlier. Ginger is good to remove the body heat, his mother told him that when he was younger. After he finished chopping some celery which he found in the refrigerator, he went to take a look into the pot. He opened the lid and warm vapour caressed his face. He smiled. The porridge was nearly done. He reached for a ladle and grabbed the chicken stock. He half filled the ladle with chicken stock before he immersed the ladle into the pot, stirring it gently so that the taste would be even. He put in the sweet corns and the chopped square carrots. After stirring the porridge for awhile, he took a spoon, scooped a spoonful of porridge and tasted it. To his relief, his cooking skills were not bad at all.

 

Luhan slowly opened his eyelids at his name being called. His eyelids were not as heavy as early nor was his head. It did not hurt badly now. His vision was still blur so he blinked a few times to get a clearer sight at the person who called him just name. His lips were threatening to form a smile as his eyes saw the younger boy. He knew he would not mind to see that face every time he opened his eyes. He stared at the latter for awhile. "I slept too long, didn't I?" He could speak louder this time.

 

Kris shook his head. "Nope. Just in time for lunch." The conversations between them were getting natural. Kris liked that. He noticed that the red colour had returned to the older boy's face. He was happy to see a better looking Luhan compared to the pale Luhan earlier. He helped Luhan to sit properly.

 

"You cooked?" Luhan asked. He noticed a bowl of porridge on the table. Beside it was a glass of plain water and a small basin filled with water. Warm feelings wrapped around his heart.

 

"Yeah." Kris replied coldly, trying so hard not to be too obvious that he was happy that Luhan noticed it. "Can you eat it yourself?" Kris suddenly felt stupid for asking such question to a sick person. He mentally slapped his face. Way to go, Kris, way to go.

 

Luhan gave a weak but sincere smile, without knowing how it made Kris' heart raced. He nodded. "I can," he paused. He gave the latter one a meaningful gaze. "But I would appreciate it if you feed me." His words came out spontaneously. Was it because of his sickness made him say that? But then he did not care about the reason. He waited for his answer.

 

Kris tried his hardest to not to widen his eyes at the sudden request. He was sure that he heard the older boy right. His stomach churned with mixed feeling. It was almost like nausea but it was not unpleasant feeling, though. His heart beat at an abnormal pace, more abnormal than before. Kris curved a small smile. "Sure, why not." Kris took the bowl in his left hand. Thank goodness, for the plate underneath the bowl or else he must had burnt his hand from the heat emitted by round dish. He dipped the spoon inside the bowl and stirred it, mixing the celery, the sweet corns and the carrots together. He scooped a spoonful of the porridge. He blew air to the porridge.

 

Luhan could not take his eyes from Kris. Maybe it was just his wavering eyes but every movement of the younger boy was playing in slow motion in his sight. Maybe it was a good thing that he fell sick today. He felt the younger boy's breaths grazed against the skin of his face. Warm, he thought. But he knew that Kris' heart was even warmer than his breaths. So warm that it could melt even the coldest heart. Kris held the spoon in front of his mouth, waiting for him to eat the porridge. And he did. Lukewarm semi-liquid food filled his mouth. The mixed flavour of the ingredients was so pleasant and it roamed inside his mouth. He swallowed it. It was delicious.

 

Kris kept on feeding the older boy. Waiting patiently for the latter to chew the food a bit and swallow it. He felt if the time had stopped and the only moving objects were him and Luhan. Well, his time always stopped when he was around Luhan. They did not say anything nor did Kris initiate to break the silence. The silence was strangely pleasant. He could hear the ticking sound of the clock and he found it amusing. The time was still ticking but in his head, the time was frozen. He watched Luhan eat the last spoon of the porridge. His heart smiled. He put the bowl with the plate on the table and reached for the glass of water. "Do you still need my help with this too?" Kris finally broke the long silence and tilted his head a bit at the glass.

 

Luhan could not help himself but to chuckle at his question. Was Kris always this cute? He killed his urge to pinch Kris' cheeks. Gosh, he's so adorable, his heart squealed in delight. He shook his head this time. "I think I got it this time," he said with a chuckle.

 

Kris quickly removed his hand from the glass as his hand came in contact with Luhan's. He felt red lines forming on his cheeks. Why did Luhan always send him a chill to his spine? It made Kris restless every freaking time to make even a little skinship with the older boy. He repeated that same words inside his mind again. Luhan was a delicate and fragile as a glass. He was afraid that he would break the delicate man into pieces if he touched him too often. But he really like to feel the older boy's skin against his. It must be nice to have his skin against mine. Kris gasped at the thought. His ears reddened. He cleared his throat. "How was the food?"

 

Luhan let out a satisfied sigh as he finished all of the liquid in the glass and put it back on the table. He brought his eyes to meet the younger boy's. His eyes softened. "Yummy," he simply said but he meant it. Being as ridiculous as he was, Luhan could feel the love and care Kris put in preparing the porridge. Maybe that was why it tasted so heavenly delicious even though it was only a bowl of porridge.

 

Swallowing the water in his mouth, Kris slowly averted his eyes from Luhan. He swore that he could drown in those pools of Luhan's soft eyes. Finally, he found the perfect thing to change the atmosphere. He got up and switched on the television. He grabbed the remote control and went back to sit beside Luhan. He handed the remote control to Luhan which made Luhan blinked confusedly. "Well, since you are the special person today, I will let you control the TV this time," Kris said coolly. "Only this time," he emphasized. And of course, he was only joking.

 

Luhan beamed at the younger boy. Again, he killed his own urge from pulling the younger one into his arms and embrace him tightly. Gosh, could you stop being so ridiculously adorable now? How he wished he could say that out loud. He nodded once and gratefully took the remote control from Kris' hand. He took a look at the clock above the television and his eyes dilated happily. It was thirty minutes passed twelve. He immediately changed the channel and he was just in time for the opening theme song for Mickey Mouse and Friends. His smile widened.

 

Kris knew that Luhan was an avid viewer of the cartoon show. Luhan would watch the show when they had free day. Luhan would even download each episode of the cartoon show and would watch it for hours. And of course, Kris knew the cartoon character Luhan loved the most. Donald Duck. Sometimes Kris wondered what made Luhan loved Donald Duck's characters the most. Donald Duck could not speak properly, only squeaking nonsense. But silently, Donald Duck was becoming his favourite character because every time he saw Donald Duck, his mind would always go to Luhan. Yeah, I love Donald Duck, too, the voice inside him whispered.

 

Luhan was chuckling all the time at the cartoon show. There was a scene where Donald Duck's nephews made a prank on their uncle, making Donald Duck looked bad in front of his girlfriend, Daisy. Donald Duck was mad at his nephews for ruining his date with his girlfriend and was about to scold them for good. But Daisy, being calm, pulled Donald Duck into a hug. I don't mind it as long as I get to be with you, Daisy said, flattering her eyelashes at Donald Duck. Donald Duck turned red and Daisy bravely kissed him in front of his nephews. For some reasons, the scene made Luhan's stomach swirling with weird feeling. As if dozens of butterflies were flying inside it. He took a glance at Kris who was watching the show without much expression. I don't mind it as long as I get to be with you. The words repeated themselves inside his head. I don't mind. Really.

 

The cartoon show ended. The ending theme song aired. Kris did not have to glance at Luhan to know that the latter was quite sad when the show ended. He did not like it when Luhan got sad thinking that such a lovely person does not deserve any sadness. Not even from a cartoon show. Kris bit his inner cheek before he grabbed the remote control from Luhan, startling him a bit.

 

"Yah! I thought I control the TV this time!" Luhan could speak even louder this time. He could feel that the energy was slowly returning to his body. He was shocked when Kris took the remote control from him. The eyebrows of his furrowed together.

 

"Well, someone is getting better, I see," Kris slightly smirked. He was happy that Luhan could actually speak, no, almost shout at him. "Your cartoon show ended. Let's watch other shows then." Kris casually changed the channel.

 

"Yah, give it back! The theme song hasn't ended yet!" Luhan tried to take the remote control back. He loved the ending theme song of his favourite show and he was not going to miss it. Kris held the remote control so up high so it hard for Luhan to reach. "You and your long hand!" Luhan was struggling to reach for the remote control. The theme song was going to end soon. With his regained strength, he pushed Kris."Give it back! AH!"

 

And there they were. The time stopped again for Kris. Luhan ended up being on top of Kris with his face only inches away from the latter one. Kris' arm was firmly wrapping around Luhan's waist. What an awkward position they were in now. Kris' heart beat furiously inside, as if it was going to explode any moment. He loved the heat that was radiating from Luhan's body. It felt nice. He stared at the older boy and his eyes kept travelling between Luhan's eyes and Luhan's lips. Breathtaking, his heart said. Luhan himself could not tear his eyes away from staring right into the black orbs of Kris' eyes. This time his eyes were no longer cold. They were filled with shyness and shock. And he noticed that Kris' mouth were slightly opened, might be because of the shock. Were his lips always that pink and attractive? Luhan wondered. They stayed like that for a good one minute.

 

The two snapped out from their static world when they heard the sound that the remote control made as it fell onto the floor. Both pairs of eyes dilated widely when they realized how close their face were. Quickly, Kris unwrapped his arm from Luhan's waist and Luhan eventually got up and sat properly again. Kris sat back, too. His face was all cool but his heart was still pounding with an abnormal pace. He did not dare to take a look at the older boy now. Sighing in his heart, his hand reached for the remote control and changed the TV channel. Once he did, how he wished he did not.

 

It was a rerun of the Korean's famous fantasy romance drama, Secret Garden. It was the time when Kim Joowon, in his infamous training suit, came to the action school to find Gil Raim. The famous sit-up scenes were just around the corner, Kris knew it. Kris felt his heart clutched tightly. He did not want to watch it. Not when he was with the person who made his heart skip so many beats. He should not stay longer. He stood up and wanted to leave. But then, he stopped.

 

Luhan had his small hand on Kris's wrist. He held it tightly, not wanting to let Kris leave him. He loved Kris' company. He did not want Kris to leave. He bit his lower lip. "Stay." He did not want to sound desperate but at the time he did not care. "Don't go." The words escaped from his throat.

 

Kris softened at the sight. His heart was blossoming with happy feeling again. He really wanted to leave. He needed to leave. He needed to rearrange his entangled mind. He needed to control his feelings. But he found himself giving in to the older boy. How could he disappoint Luhan? He could not. "Alright," he said, sat back on the couch and watched the drama.

 

You better do it right.

 

If I do it right, you'll probably regret it.

 

Luhan's nails sank into the cushion he was holding. Why did he feel like a girl now?

 

And there Kim Joowon went with his sit-up, making his face so close to Gil Raim.

 

Once, twice, thrice and the count went on.

 

Gil Raim-sshi, how old were you when you got so pretty?

 

Last year?

 

Luhan's heart fluttered at the cheesiness of the line. So corny and cheesy. But Luhan liked it.

 

Kris noticed Luhan was squirming in his seat and he was worried. Maybe Luhan did not feel comfortable. Or maybe he wanted to sleep again. He took a glance at the older boy and he almost chuckled. Luhan was blinking too much and biting his lower lip at the same time. And his eyes stopped at those plump lips. What if he was the one who was biting and nibbling on that lower lip? Kris in his breath.  That's it, his mind decided."Luhan-sshi," he uttered in heavy breath.

 

Luhan's eyes widened immediately. Why did Kris add the Korean honorific to his name? Biting his lower lip again, he turned to face the younger boy. It was a huge mistake to do so. He could not look away from Kris now.

 

Kris moved closer to the stunned Luhan. He closed the space between them by leaving only a few inches of distance from their faces. His eyes searched the older boy's face. His lips were tugged into a gorgeous smirk. "How old were you when you got so pretty?"

 

Luhan was dumbfounded. He knew Kris was just reciting the dialogue from the drama. But why did his heart beat so hard? He could not understand. He felt his body temperature rose again. He felt as if his organs were going to fall apart soon. "I-" He stuttered, not knowing what to say.

 

Kris smiled this time. A small smile. The way Luhan stuttered was too adorable for his heart to take. His heart beat unevenly again. His hand found its way to Luhan's face. As expected, the older boy's skin felt nice against his. His eyes landed on Luhan's lips again. His eyes had been doing that too much today. And he wondered what kind of taste those lips would have. "Last year?"

 

Luhan's breath hitched at the touch. If earlier he was freezing, now he was totally burning. The blood rushed to his head and to his cheeks. He could tell that he was as red as tomato now. But he could not look away. He gazed back at Kris. He liked the warmness of Kris' hand on his face. "I think," he paused. His mind had a reply. "When I was nineteen?"He said.

 

Kris slightly tilted his head to the right when he heard Luhan's answer. Two years ago, both of them were nineteen. They had known each of for two years now. In that period of time, his feelings had grown into something more for the older boy. "Nineteen?" He asked. "And what was the time when you got so pretty?"Kris modified the dialogue. He moved even closer to Luhan now. Dangerously close.

 

Luhan's breaths went heavy. You and your damn husky deep voice, his cursed in his mind. He loved Kris' voice. It was husky and deep. Luhan knew girls would go head over heels because of the boy's godly look but Luhan fell for Kris' voice. And he fell hard. "I think," he paused again. He looked straight at Kris' eyes. "It was the time when I met you," he whispered, meaningfully.

 

Now it was Kris' turn to be stunned. His chest went up and down quickly with choppy breaths. He searched Luhan's eyes and knew he was telling the truth. So, it is not one-sided? Kris asked himself. He swore his heart was about to jumping out from his inside. His thumb travelled along the jawline of the older boy and stopped at his lower lip. He trailed the lower lip of Luhan's with his thumb. "I agree," he uttered, eyes on Luhan's lips. "You got pretty two years ago." His face leaned closer. "But now," he paused again. "You're beautiful." And he closed the space between them as he gently pressed his lips against the latter one.

 

Instinctively, Luhan shut his eyes, savoring the taste of his very first kiss. Kris' lips were softer than he thought they would be. Sweeter than any sweets he ever had in his life. His hands s to Kris' neck, pulling the younger one closer to him. He felt Kris' strong arms wrapped around his waist, clutching their body together. He did not know how his body fitted perfectly in Kris' arms until now. A moan escaped from his throat as he felt Kris' tongue grazed along his lower lip and nibbled at it. And that was all it took Luhan to respond to the kiss. Kissing the younger one back, he parted his lips and gave Kris the access to his mouth. And the kiss went deep. Their tongues were fighting each other and Luhan tried hard to win the battle. But Kris' emotions were too strong and overwhelming that he own over Luhan and dominated the kiss. Luhan was getting breathless but he did not want to stop. The empowering kiss came to an end when Kris tore the kiss and both of them were gasping heavily for oxygen.

 

Kris still had his arms on Luhan. As he opened his eyes, he saw that Luhan still had his eyes closed and panting heavily for the sake for his life. He connected their foreheads together. His stared at the swollen reddened lips of the older boy. He loved those lips. They were delicately soft and sweet. He loved the way Luhan's lips moved along with his. He loved the way Luhan's breaths grazed against his face. He loved the way Luhan held him tightly on his neck. But most importantly. "I love you," he said that against Luhan's lips.

 

Luhan's tightened his grip on Kris' neck. Luhan had heard the phrase for so many times. Too many times actually. He heard it from his parents, his group members and the fans. Of course, he was happy to hear it and he would reply with he loved them, too. But this time, it was different. He did not know what make it different when it was the same phrase he had heard for months now. But something inside him made him believed that it was not just an overly used phrase anymore. Not even for courtesy. It came out from Kris' very mouth. It was special. "I love you, too," he replied and this time he meant it with his heart, no, his soul. And once again, the younger boy captured him in a passionate kiss.

 


 

Lay pressed the password of their dorm and the door opened immediately. He lifted his eyes to look at the living room and he steps died instantly before they could even start. His lips curved into a smile.

 

"Kris ge! Luhan ge! We came back early today! We bought Chinese food!" Tao was running up the stair and shouting loudly. He ended up bumping into Lay. Luckily, the plastics containing food did not fall from his hands. "Ouch! Lay ge, why are you still outside? Let's go in! Lu-"

 

Lay shut Tao's mouth using his right hand. "Shhh…" He put his left index finger in front of his lips. Smiling, he pointed to the two figures on the couch.

 

Tao grumbled awhile before his eyes shifted to the direction that Lay pointed. His eyes dilated and softened immediately.

 

The television was still on but Kris and Luhan were both sleeping peacefully. Luhan had his head on Kris' shoulder and Kris' pillow was the crown of Luhan's head. Fingers intertwined. A small smile formed on Luhan's lips. A happy contented smile.

 

Lay uncovered Tao's mouth and turned to look at the boy whose eyes were stuck to the two people. He patted the younger boy's back and smiled. "Maybe some other day, we could have a day off, too."

 

 

- End.


 

Third shot aka the last shot. Oh gosh. Did I really wrote this? I did, didn't I?

Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting, lovely readers.

I hope you all had enjoyed the three shots coz I enjoyed writing them. 

For those who does not know, Luhan really likes Donald Duck in real life.

But the Secret Garden thingy. It was the only thing I could think about.

I hope it is not so nonsensical for all of you. I am really that weird. Really.

Oh and please forgive me for my grammar mistakes. Thank you so much.  ♥

This is my first boyxboy story so it is special for me. KrisHan is special for me.

Krislu/Krishan aka my personal couple name for them, HanRis, fighting!