Chapter 4

Breathe Me

 

Thankfully their parents were asleep when both brothers snuck into the house. Saying ‘good night’, they both made their way to their rooms. Glad he left his nightlight on; Taemin closed the door with ease and walked over to his bed.

 

Unlike Onew, who was bumping into things along the way. Taemin held back a small laugh when he heard a soft ‘ow’ through the wall. Onew had probably tripped over something no doubt.

 

Too tired to change, he let his body fall on the mattress as a smile spread across his face.  Despite the fact that it was really late, he was still too hyped up over seeing Minho to fall asleep.

 

He sighed as he stared at his ceiling, letting his mind wander with only the thoughts of Minho filling his head. Every time he closed his eyes all he pictured was the taller male. He smiled to himself and hid his flushed face in his pillow as he thought up cheesy scenarios in his head. His stomach fluttered with just the thought of one of them actually happening.

 

Taemin felt silly how in just a matter of hours, he had managed to return to that little boy he used to be, who had crush on hyung’s friend. And then it hit Taemin.

 

It was official. Lee Taemin still had a crush on Choi Minho, except this time he was going to do something about it.

 

The next morning was different. Seeing Minho again had made everything different. Taemin was still a little confused as to why Onew had reacted the way he did the night before, but forgot about it when he remembered he had to go the whole day without his phone.

 

---

 

Like any other Friday the last bell of the day rang and out poured all the students. Taemin said bye to his friends and made his way down the steps. He saw a tall figure in a leather jacket with his back turned to him by the gate entrance. He didn’t why but he knew he was waiting for him.

 

“Minho hyung?” Taemin asked walking up to the figure.

 

“Hey, you.” Minho said turning to look at the redhead.

 

“Hey, yourself. What are you doing here?” Taemin asked trying to hide how happy he was to see him, but failing miserably.

 

“You left this last night.” Minho smiled, reaching into his pocket and handed Taemin his phone. “You came to pick up Onew’s phone and left so quickly you forgot yours.”

 

“Gomawo,” Taemin said taking it. Accidently letting their hand brush against each other, Taemin instantly felt his cheeks flush. He pretended to look at his phone, hoping Minho wouldn’t notice. Minho noticed.

 

Taemin rocked back and forth on his feet. He wanted to ask Minho for his number, but didn’t have the courage to do so. Luckily he didn’t have to.

 

“My number’s in there,” Minho said not knowing how happy that made Taemin feel. “You know, if you ever wanna hang out.” He smiled.

 

Taemin looked through his contacts and sure enough it was there. He quickly sent Minho a smiley face. “There,” He said. “So you’ll know it’s me.”

 

Minho smiled when he felt his phone buzz. He quickly took it out and saved Taemin’s number. “Speaking of hanging out,” he said putting his phone away. “We’re going on a small fishing trip. You should come.”

 

. “I don’t know if I should.” Taemin said with a fading smile. “Even though it’s the weekend, I still have a lot of homewor-”

 

“Do it later.” Minho urged.

 

As Taemin thought it over, the thought of his hyung flashed through his mind. For some reason he couldn’t help but feel like trespassing on something he wasn’t supposed to. “Even if I wanted to, I don’t think Onew-”

 

“You shouldn’t worry about him. You’re his dongsaeng.” Minho shrugged. “I don’t think he’ll mind.”

 

Taemin remind quiet. Minho could tell that the boy was still contemplating. “We’re meeting at Key’s house later if you change your mind.” He smiled.

 

That smile. Taemin could hear his heart pounding in his ears.

 

“I’ll see you around.” Minho winked as he turned to leave.

 

Taemin thought it over again. There was no way he was going to turn this opportunity down.

 

“Hyung,” Taemin called out, causing Minho to turn and face him. “I’ll be there.”

 

---

 

Key was running amuck in his house trying to get everything ready. He was running late as usual.

 

“Did you get the bug spray?” Key asked as he continued to stuff clothes into his suitcase.

 

“For the third time yes,” Jonghyun groaned

 

“The sunscreen?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Toothbrushes?”

 

“Yup.” Jonghyun said as he turned to walk to the living room where Onew was waiting. “You always do this. It’s a 2 day fishing trip not a week’s vacation. Why do you need so many things?”

 

“Underwear?” Key asked ignoring Jonghyun.

 

“Key!” Jonghyun shouted annoyed and a little embarrassed. He was a full grown man capable of knowing what he needed. He hated when his brother went into Mom mode.

 

“Did you pack underwear?!” Key asked again knowing Jonghyun too well.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and looked in his bag. He didn’t answer. Key smiled when his brother turned and ran to his room to grab a pair.

 

“At this rate the weekend will be over by the time you’re finished packing!” Onew called out from downstairs.

 

“I would’ve been done sooner if Jjong had woke me from my nap earlier!” Key said in his defense.

 

“Maybe you shouldn’t have been napping!” Jonghyun fought back. “How much beauty sleep do you need!?”

 

“This,” Key said pointing to his face with one hand as he held onto his doorframe with the other and leaned out of his room. “Doesn’t happen on its own!”

 

“I know!” Jonghyun shouted doing the same. “22 years of having to look at you and you still scare me in the mornings!”

 

“Hurry up you two!” Onew shouted.

 

 “Don’t tell us what to do!” The Kim twins shouted in unison at the elder, before disappearing into their rooms again.

 

Onew chuckled as turned back to the TV. He flipped through the channels trying to occupy his mind as he waited for the fourth musketeer. Just the thought of Minho made his palms sweat. He was planning on finally asking him out during their fishing trip.

 

Onew knew Minho was the type to break hearts and quickly lose interest in people too, but Onew didn’t care. He was willing to take a chance. He liked Minho. He always had, ever since they were kids.

 

Onew never got to tell him because Minho had moved away, but he was back now. Onew felt that in a strange way, he was given a second chance to tell Minho his feelings and hope that maybe Minho felt the same way.

 

And with the way things had been going between them in the past week, the odds were in Onew’s favor.

 

“Where is he?” Onew asked himself.

 

No sooner had Onew spoken those words did Minho walk into the living room.

 

“Hey, hyung.” Minho greeted readjusting his bag.

 

“Minho.”

There was more shouting coming from upstairs.

 

Minho walked over to the couch and flopped down next to Onew. “They still not ready, are they?” he asked looking up the stairs already knowing the answer.

 

“Not even close.” Onew smiled. Silence fell on them as the stared at the TV. Not sure how much longer he could wait Onew turned to Minho. “There’s been something I’ve been meaning to talk to you about-” He was quickly interrupted by a knock on the door.

 

Minho got up to answer. In stepped a familiar redhead. Like the previous night, Onew’s smile faded instantly when he saw his brother walk in through the door, but he did his best to not show it.

 

“Tae? What the hell are you doing here….again?” Onew asked walking over to him.

 

Taemin opened his mouth to answer, but didn’t get a change to say anything.

 

“I invited him,” Minho said quickly.

 

Just then the twin made their way down stairs. Key dropped his bags as he ran to hug Taemin. Onew felt betrayed when he realized everyone knew about Taemin coming along. Everyone, but him.

 

He didn’t know why, but seeing Taemin suddenly made him not want to go. This was supposed to be his weekend. With his friends.

 

“Don’t you have some club meetings to go to or some extra credit work you need to work on?” Onew asked.

 

“I’m sure they’ll survive without me this once.” Taemin smiled. “As for extra credit…Let someone else do it for a change.”

 

“Maybe we should all just stay here for the weekend,” Onew suggested suddenly.

 

“What?” The twins asked in unison.

 

“We’re going fishing, Onew,” Minho said crossing his arms. “It’s not like we’re taking him to a strip club.”

 

“Who’s too uptight now?” Taemin asked jokingly unaware of the situation. “C’mon hyung you’re always the one telling me to live a little.”

 

Onew didn’t say anything.

 

“Let’s go put the bags in the car!” Key said dragging Taemin back outside with him. Jonghyun quickly followed. Onew began to walk past Minho when Minho took hold of his arm and stopped him.

 

“Yah, what was it that you wanted to tell me?”

 

Onew looked at Minho and it was right then that he knew, if Minho ever had the slightest feeling for him, they were gone.

 

“Nothing.” Onew lied. “It doesn’t matter.”

Malkom’s Note
I told myself I would update every day . . .
So far it’s not working out OTL
I have no idea where this came from, but I kinda like where it’s going :3
Yay for fishing trips!! :DD

 

 

SunnySun: LMFAO XDD Why you gotta be so violent, amor?? ^//^ *kisses back* Love chu too~ ♥

Isabella0998: Your long comments make me smile (((: ♥ and damn girl you’re good lol you’re gonna have to wait and see~ ^^

Saharienne: Don’t hate me if he does ;~;

CupcakesAndTae: Yay!! :DD