Chapter 12

Breathe Me

 

“Who was that?” Mr. Lee asked walking into the kitchen as his wife hung up the phone.

“That was officer Kwon from Seoul’s police department. Honey,”. She had a concerned look on her face. “Onew’s been arrested and is being detained.”

 

After a few hours of debating whether or not they should bail their son out of jail, Mr. Lee drove down the station. “I can’t believe you!” Mr. Lee scolded as soon as they walked into the house.

 

“You should’ve left me there to rot…” Onew said under his breath, but loud enough for his dad to hear.

 

“Why are you so ungrateful!? You should be thanking me!”

 

“Thanking you for what? What have you done to deserve my thanks?! All you’ve ever shown me growing up that I everything I ever did was never good enough for you!”

 

“That’ is not true-“

 

“Yes it is!” Onew shouted.

 

“You used to be such a good kid, but your drinking… your drinking has gotten out of control!”

 

“Why do you always change the subject and blame something else?”

 

“Why can’t you just grow up and take responsibilities for your own actions? Why can’t you be more like-”

 

“Like who, dad?” Onew said turning around to face him. “Like Taemin? Taemin this, Taemin that. Ever since he was born everything had revolved around him! ‘Taemin is sick, Onew go get him medicine. Onew, make sure Taemin doesn’t get hurt. Onew, take Taemin with you.’ I was thrown aside like I didn’t matter! I didn’t become second to you and mom. I became last.”

 

“That’s enough, Onew,” Mr. Lee warned starting to feel even more anger boil inside him.

 

“It’s not enough!” Onew shouted. “When are you going to accept the fact that you ed up with me so instead you put the pressure on him to perfect. He’s just a kid, dad! Let him breathe and live his en life. I’m sorry I’m not as smart as him, or try as hard as him. The only reason why I stopped trying to impress you or anyone else was because there is no pleasing you. You’re a leech that just all you can out of someone until there’s nothing left!”

 

There was a sudden slapping sound as Onew’s face flung to the same and a stinging sensation formed on his cheek. His father had slapped him, but that didn’t stop him.

 

“Taemin’s strong,” Onew said in a quiet voice looking at the ground before looking up at his dad again. “but it won’t be long for him to realize the same thing… I’m sorry I’m not Taemin. I’m sorry I’m never going to be Taemin. I’m me!”

 

“You are no son of mine... Get out… Get out of my house and never come back…”

 

 

 

 

“….Onew,” Minho said opening his door. “W-what are you doing here?”
 

“Hey, sorry… if I’m interrupting anything,” Onew chuckled. With the way Minho was dressed, Onew could tell Minho has someone over.

 

“J-just finished up actually,” Minho replied, anxious.

 

“My parents are being s, Key wasn’t home and Jonghyun is out on a date with Sungyo. So I just thought I could crash here-“ Onew stopped midsentence when he looked past Minho at the person who was standing behind him. “Taemin?”

 

The younger boy’s hair was messed up, there were fresh bites along his neck that were just now starting to show. He was wearing Minho’s shirt that was too big on him. Onew didn’t need to ask to know what had happened.
 

“Hyung?” Taemin said with wide eyes with surprise and fright.
 

“Onew…” Minho started to say.
 

“Don't.” Onew said, lifting his hands and retreating back. He quickly turned and made his way downs the stairs.
 

“Onew!” Minho called after him. Taemin was quick to pull on his jeans and despite the fact that it hurt to even walk, he chased after his brother. “Hyung, stop!”

 

“ off, Taemin!” Onew said walking at a fast pace. It has started to rain hard and within a couple of seconds both brother’s were soaked.

 

“Please!” Taemin called out.

 

“Leave me alone!”

 

“Will you just calm down and talk to me?!” Taemin said grabbing hold of Onew’s arm and turning him around.

 

“ you!” Onew said pulling away. “I don’t need to explain anything to you!”

 

And then it hit Taemin. The hurt he saw on Onew’s face when Minho opened the door. How Onew acted when Taemin first met Minho. How Onew acted around Minho in general. It all made sense. “You like him…”

 

“Shut up, Taemin.”

 

“You like him,” Taemin repeated.

 

“No, I don’t.”

 

“Yes you do! If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be so threaten about having me around. You wouldn’t be so

jealous whenever we hang out! Admit it, Onew! You like Minho!”

 

“Alright, okay?! Yes, I like him! I would’ve been dating him if it wasn’t for you! I would’ve been someone in mom and dad’s eyes if it weren’t for you! Everything is about you! …I hate you!”

 

Taemin felt like someone had punched the air out of him. “…You don’t mean that, hyung.”

 

“…Yes I do.” Onew said, wishing he could stop talking, but he couldn’t.

 

“Hyung…” Taemin said feeling tears start to well up in his eyes.

 

“I don’t ever want to see you again.”


So he ran. He ran. He didn’t know where he was going he just needed to get away from there. He collapses under a small bridge. He pressed his back against the cold stone wall and drew his knees to his chest. He hid his face in his arms and cried silently.
 

Was his life really just a joke? His crush loved his brother. He was a disappointment as a son, as a brother, as a person. Everything he did was wrong and the harder he tried to fix it- make it better, the worse it became. Why? Why couldn’t he do something right in someone’s’ eyes. Anyone.

 

The rain came to a low fizzle as hours passed and if Onew wasn't so busy hating his life he would've heard someone walk up to him. 
 

“I knew you'd be here.” A soft voice said.
 

Onew lifted his head to find the one person who could fix anything standing in front of him. “Key? How did you-“
 

“I had a hunch,” Key smiled softly, holding an umbrella over himself and a soaked, crying Onew.
 

“Go away,” Onew sniffled, hiding his face again. “I can't wallow in self pity if someone's watching.”
 

“Pabo. I'm not going anywhere. Not till I'm sure you're okay.”
 

“Okay!? Look at me, Key! How can I be okay? I'm an embarrassment as a son. I fail as a brother. I can't even get Minho to look at me. Do you know what that's like!?”
 

“What? Watching someone you love, love someone else? Hyping yourself, positive that today is the day you tell them how you feel? Being completely ignored and not seen? Tossed aside, become last? Yeah I know what that’s like…better than anyone.”

 

“You? How-”

 

“You still don’t get it do you?” Key said bending down and wiping Onew’s tears. “I love you, Onew. It’s you, hyung. It’s always been you.” Onew was taken about by the sudden confession and realization of how much he meant to Key. “At first I could do it. You know, the . It would be meaningless, but then I realized I couldn’t. I want it to mean something and I don’t want to keep on going without you knowing that. I don’t know when my feelings for you snuck up on me. The harder I fought it the harder I fell. I’ve secretly liked you for all these years...I don’t want it to be a secret anymore.”

 

Onew remained silent. How could he be so stupid? How could he be so en blind? How could he not see that the one person he had been looking for had been by his side this whole time?

 

“Key…” Onew spoke softly. He saw Key’s good intention but he couldn’t bring himself to agree. He had already hurt Key so much, what if agreeing to this only ending up killing them both. Onew shook his head and Key’s heart sank.

 

“I’m sorry, Key. I just feel so lost. I feel like traveling down this road and the farther I walk the more lost I get. I feel like I’m suffocating. I feel like I’m spiraling down a dark hole and there’s no telling where I’m going to land. I can’t do this anymore and I don’t want to drag you down with me…”

 

Key shook his head, suddenly pressing his lips to Onew’s. “I know you love Minho, you have for a really long time, but I’m asking- pleading you…to look at me. Let me help you. Let me be the hand you can reach out to. Let me be the one to guide you home. Let me be the one to catch you. Let me be the air you breathe, Onew.  Breathe me…”

 

Onew nodded furiously, not wanting to go on alone anymore. He kissed Key again and with that kiss he made a promise. They were going to hurt each other, that much he knew, but it would be worth the pain because it was Key. It was Key.

 

“I’m so sorry for everything I’ve put you through,” Onew said as he started to cry again.

 

“Don’t worry about it,” Key chuckled, wiping his own tears away then Onew’s. “It’s all in the past. C’mon,” He said helping the other stand up and hugging him. “Let’s get you home.”

 

“I don’t have a home anymore.” Onew said recalling his father’s last words to him.

 

“You do…with me. Everything is going to work out, hyung. You’ll see.”

 

THE END

 

M a l k o m ’ s  N o t e

Hope you all liked it! I don’t know if I already told you all this, but this whole idea came to me while I was getting out of the shower the other day… *shrugs* Anyway!
Sorry for the abrupt ending, but this is exactly how I wanted to end it. The rest is up to your imagination ^^
Here’s mine: OnTae makes up, 2min run away together. OnKey get married and JongYo…have kids…? 

 

Come check out my next one: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/51883/need-for-speed-2min-comedy-dbsk-jongkey-racing-shinee-

Hope to see you there!
Love you all ♥
~ Malkom

 

Dubulee: Yes I’m sorry ;~; But all things must end for new ones to begin ♥

Angel_Pup23: Thank you! I thought it was crap OTL You’re welcome kekeke ♥

Androider: I try, love. I really try LOL ♥

CupcakesAndTae: *le gasp* What did you buy me? OwO LOL Yes they !  

-deehyung: ;~; yay! ♥

SugarPopFiction: I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! XDD ♥ SHELDON COOPER UNF!

 Isabella0998: I just totally imagined you running around XD *dies laughing* Wait no more! It’s here ^^

Kawaiikimbap: Idk I just get excited for new readers and your wolfie’s girlfriend so that hopefully makes you my friend now :DDD I’m her stalker lol ♥

Sungyo: Oh look, you’re dating Jjong. Surprise Surprise XD ♥